Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,379 members, 7,819,382 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise (24627 Views)

Nigerians Nd Their "A Woman Who Cant Cook Wont Make A Good Wife" Mentality / Check Out This Romantic Picture Of A Caring Boyfriend / Beautiful,caring And Intelligent But Can't Cook--please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by osram(m): 5:27pm On Sep 28, 2012
Aza Montana: get househelp dude
did ur father get house help for your mother?lazy women!

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by nabegibeg: 5:27pm On Sep 28, 2012
skup008: Its less than a year that i met this lovely gal,she is very beautiful,caring,very religious and we love each other so much.

she is actually the first lady i will ever love with my whole heart as i always dream of keeping her as a wife. But the problem am having with her is that she can't cook,she can't prepare any meal at all and she's also very lazy when it comes to domestic works and any time i raise the issue, she always react as if she never care to learn how to do them,at times she tell that i shouldn't worry that she will change and learn how to cook very soon,that is when she notice am very serious or not happy about the issue.

I now want Nairalanders to advise me on what to do that can force her to learn how to cook and do other domestic works...

Thanks

this one na bad market .... All your kids will end up going to "MaMa Put" for the rest of their lives .. and if you have a girl-child she is already doomed to take after her mother..
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 28, 2012
mekaboy: grin[b] LET US SEE THE PICTURE OF YOUR KITCHEN, SOMETIMES THE KITCHEN MIGHT DISCOURAGE THE GIRL.

YOU DONT EXPECT A 21ST CENTURY CHICK TO BE PULLING THREAD FROM A KEROSINE STOVE. LOL [/b]

You have floored this guy artistically. But why
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by dayokanu(m): 5:28pm On Sep 28, 2012
Marry 2 wives.

One who can cook and clean to complement this one who cant do either

1 Like

Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by kelvino25(m): 5:29pm On Sep 28, 2012
Chief, marry her and teach her how to cook it is not rocket science. Cheers.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 28, 2012
Bros na still dis Nairaland I come complain how my woman no fit cook...as easy no help matter, I go find wan Ekaette to come dey cook Afang and Edikaikong for me...as my woman begin taste her soups, no be person tell her to go learn... grin

She just gat to go learn 'cos the Ekaette was a "live threat"

1 Like

Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by frevangel(m): 5:35pm On Sep 28, 2012
That she doesn't know how to cook is one thing and that she DOESN'T WANT TO COOK is another!
I have 2 in-laws who didn't even know how to boil water but they were willing to learn. They have both invited my mother to come teach them various delicacies that her sons would like. Guess what? They are both good cooks today. And for the records they are not housewives but as busy or even busier than their husbands!
If she is willing to learn then you can make it fun by planning special dinner when you go shopping in places like shoprite and then you return to your place and do the cooking together. Make cooking fun for her! Help her see it not as work because she may have grown up where she thought cooking to be hard work.
But if she refuses to learn then "hang your slippers for ur ear make u take off for your dear life."
When you are married its a different game altogether. What will happen when she starts to see washing your clothes, taking care of the kids, keeping the house and serving you food as difficult?! I am not saying she should be a house help but there are somethings women are supposed to be good at, they are used to keep the home. Plus the fact that they will raise your children the way they are!
Lastly, LOVE IS NOT ENOUGH OH!!!! ASK THOSE WHO ARE DIVORCED IF THEY LOVED EACH OTHER?

1 Like

Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by SPIFF(m): 5:39pm On Sep 28, 2012
I was in the same scenario like that. my wife can't cook. although she can do most house chores by herself. after marriage, I enrolled her in a catering school but u know abinibi can't be like ability. whenever I want to really enjoy my meal, I do the cooking myself. there are also some aspects that she leaves out for to do cos she knows she will mess it up.

I was initially upset with her mum that she ddnt teach her daughter how to cook but since it's a problem with a solution, I have gone past that.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 28, 2012
This is not an issue na.... Employ 2 Calabar girls with everything intact as cook and maid. Then give ur Wife 1 month if she nor go learn. Trust me, it works magic grin grin grin
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 28, 2012
Dr. Whizy:
one mistake peeps make is hoping that a full grown adult would change after marriage. She could worsen, u no? lipsrsealed

My bad, thought the op said she was religious (God fearing), why will she turn from bad to worse. The op should be cooking his own food

1 Like

Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Nwadiuso(f): 5:42pm On Sep 28, 2012
U guys love each other ..fine..but rem marriage is a long tin..u will still get tired of d love..how will u feel if a cook is d one cooking for u everytime while ur wife lie idle..doesn't make sense..d earlier u start teaching her how to cook.d better for u cos at d long run its u dat will suffer it..person no dey chop love..
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Delfino: 5:42pm On Sep 28, 2012
1. If you do know how to cook, the best option is that you teach her yourself. It's fun and she would be more comfortable learning that way.
2. You can seek the service of a caterer to teach her.

After all is said and done, the willingness to change and learn is up to her.
Remember that "you can take a horse to the river but you can't force it to drink"

She must see the need or else....
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by prissyluv(f): 5:42pm On Sep 28, 2012
[color=#990000][/color][quote author=vivian chinaza]Being an independent woman doesn't automatically make you a man! And it really pains me when women blame their inability to be a real woman on "independence!" A woman should be a woman anytime any day! Being independent is just an added advantage!

@ op, I'm gonna be as blunt as possible...... The worst thing that can ever happen to a man is to marry a woman who can't cook or keep a house together! A woman is supposed to be a home maker! Forget this love matter.......na u go tire by the time it starts frustrating you! This is not yankee or Jand! This is Africa for goodness sake! Here in Naija, men come home from their hectic jobs to a delicious home made meal prepared by their lovely wives, not order for chinese food joor! Don't even think of house helps cos its gonna get worse, and the lineage passes over to ur kids (girls) cos a snake begets a snake! If she can learn fine, in fact if she truly loves you and she know what marriage is all about she shouldn't wait for you to say something before she starts making an effort! But if she doesn't want to make an effort pls drop her like she is hot!

In fact, she is even missing a lot! Oh yes! She is missing that innermost joy that every woman feels when the man she love eats her food and almost chop the plate join cos he enjoys her meal!
U ve said it all dear.Op,if u wan hear,hear.if u no want kwanu,na ur biz
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Meeky(m): 5:46pm On Sep 28, 2012
vivian chinaza: Being an independent woman doesn't automatically make you a man! And it really pains me when women blame their inability to be a real woman on "independence!" A woman should be a woman anytime any day! Being independent is just an added advantage!

@ op, I'm gonna be as blunt as possible...... The worst thing that can ever happen to a man is to marry a woman who can't cook or keep a house together! A woman is supposed to be a home maker! Forget this love matter.......na u go tire by the time it starts frustrating you! This is not yankee or Jand! This is Africa for goodness sake! Here in Naija, men come home from their hectic jobs to a delicious home made meal prepared by their lovely wives, not order for chinese food joor! Don't even think of house helps cos its gonna get worse, and the lineage passes over to ur kids (girls) cos a snake begets a snake! If she can learn fine, in fact if she truly loves you and she know what marriage is all about she shouldn't wait for you to say something before she starts making an effort! But if she doesn't want to make an effort pls drop her like she is hot!

In fact, she is even missing a lot! Oh yes! She is missing that innermost joy that every woman feels when the man she love eats her food and almost chop the plate join cos he enjoys her meal!
THIS POINT BLANK ANSWER.SHE SAID IT LIKE IT IS.CUDNT HAVE BIN SAID ANY BETTER
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 28, 2012
PortHarcourtBoy: Bros na still dis Nairaland I come complain how my woman no fit cook...as easy no help matter, I go find wan Ekaette to come dey cook Afang and Edikaikong for me...as my woman begin taste her soups, no be person tell her to go learn... grin

She just gat to go learn 'cos the Ekaette was a "live threat"

You live at woji right?...badt guy grin grin
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by yuzedo: 5:47pm On Sep 28, 2012
@ OP: She sabi nyash? undecided
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Denise216(f): 5:50pm On Sep 28, 2012
sanb: @op...I just wonder when women come out to say they can’t cook...just surprises me to hear such a flimsy statement. I thought that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach or doesn’t she realise that...well I’m sorry for her cause someone else would soon take her position. Am just trying to imagine what sort of up bringing she had... she can't cook, she can’t do the domestic chores in the house then what exactly can she do if I may ask

My advice would be for you to either send her to a school that can teach her how to cook, teach her yourself if you know how to cook, get a female relative to teach her, employ a cook (this one I’ll discourage though) or send her to your mother then may be she’ll sit up...gringringrin

As for her not been able to do domestic chores hmmm that would be very hard; I can just imagine what your house would look like... very untidy. That needs to be tackled fast before you make her your wife otherwise... undecided

Can Nigerian Men cook worth a damn? No offense but sometimes I wonder if the only reason these guys get married is to keep from having smelly clothes and starving to death. kiss
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by osram(m): 5:52pm On Sep 28, 2012
@OP SHE SABI Mouth Action?
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by tijayjay: 5:52pm On Sep 28, 2012
A WOMAN THAT CAN NOT COOK AND DO DOMESTICS WORK AND SHE IS NOT INTERESTED TO LEARN, GUY FORGET ABOUT HER IMMEDIATELY.
THIS ADVICES IS ON THE BASIS OF EXPERIENCE OR ELSE YOUR LIFE WILL BE FRUSTRATED, EXCEPT IF U CAN TAKE HER PLACE AS THE WIFE AND DO THAT WORKS IN HER PLACE, JUST IMAGINE COMING HOME FROM WORK AFTER A HECTIC DAY AND VERY HUNGRY AND TIRED AT SAME TIME WITH THE HOPE OF COMING TO YOUR HOUSE TO EAT A DELICIOUS MEAL ONLY TO DISCOVER THAT NO MEAL HAS BEEN PREPARED OR BEEN SERVED ONE PORTY IN THE NAME OF FOOD, HOW WILL YOU FEEL, JUST REFLECT ON THIS.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by oluwatunmishe(m): 5:52pm On Sep 28, 2012
u den do d cooking since partners are deir 2 compliment one anodas weaknessess

1 Like

Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 28, 2012
If she is serious, she will learn how to cook, afterall Cooking is a learning process. If you know how to cook, often go to kitchen with her, teach her, let her watch U cook, with time she will learn. God bless you. Wish you luck
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by brigadier747: 5:58pm On Sep 28, 2012
if she cant cook dats quite okay u can always help ur self since u r not a handicap or physicaly incapcitated after all dont u knw how to cook do hav a rethink but for domestic chores no excuse at all for dat then this babe will b so dirty
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by betrani(m): 5:59pm On Sep 28, 2012
Aza Montana: get househelp dude
No matter hw much caring a woman is, she isn't complete without the meal! She isn't a complete woman! I don't look at d food alone! But to be candid; the food of that one special person is in itself a drug, it is protection, it is safety, it is luv! Compare ur mums or wife food with that of some bucar out there; not in taste or hygiene, but based on some spirituality! A lot of people don't knw wat it means
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by newnaira: 6:02pm On Sep 28, 2012
OP is on a long thing!
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by betrani(m): 6:05pm On Sep 28, 2012
brigadier747: if she cant cook dats quite okay u can always help ur self since u r not a handicap or physicaly incapcitated after all dont u knw how to cook do hav a rethink but for domestic chores no excuse at all for dat then this babe will b so dirty
Read this guy again! He said and other choas! Who takes k of d babies tomorrow? The nanny? I absolutely don't agree! She must wake up to d fact that she is a woman! What makes a woman a woman if she can't do those things a woman shld! I'm sure she would b lazy at giving birth as well! I just pray she isn't that type that would only give birth by goin under the knife!
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Kgdavid(m): 6:10pm On Sep 28, 2012
honestly i wonder at the minds of some people. how is it possible to just focus on one side of a matter without paying due attention to all other aspects? being equal in rights and standing in society does not mean uniformity in roles in society. the underlying contradiction made by feminists is that they are the ones who make the distinction between what roles are more equal than others. but the undeniable fact is that male and females are simply not created the same which would imply that our creator meant for us to play different roles in our society. by nature women have been given the task of child bearing...but since we believe that equality means uniformity then by nature there the distinction between the biological and physical capabilities of men and women implies that one of the two is inferior to the other. however i believe that though we should have different roles to play, no role is less significant. now naturally the role of the man has always been that of bread winner while the woman has always been the home maker. i see nothing wrong with either role in this arrangement but if a woman decides to challenge this status quo on the basis that "she just cant cook" then my question to the ladies who are defending her is this: would you want to marry a man who decided to similarly challenge the stautus quo on the basis that he "just is not good at work"?

1 Like

Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by betrani(m): 6:13pm On Sep 28, 2012
Denise216:

Can Nigerian Men cook worth a damn? No offense but sometimes I wonder if the only reason these guys get married is to keep from having smelly clothes and starving to death. kiss
Dude ur wrong u knw! Its not about starvation and smelly clothes! Its about company and companionship! What this gold-diggers can't offer! What u benefit from ur wife no matter hw horrible she can b atimes can't b given by any other! Its not about hurrying into a marriage and finding out at the end of the day that the woman is a monster or that the time wasn't right, or that u made a mistake! Marriage is divine! Gat that!

1 Like

Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by mich2012: 6:16pm On Sep 28, 2012
Little wonder a lot of our ladies are single. Judging from most of the replies here, a lot of you are not marriageable. No offense!

1 Like

Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Akiika: 6:17pm On Sep 28, 2012
Which law of humanity says it is only women that should cook? if she can't cook, then you should cook. If you can't cook yourself, then both of you should learn, otherwise eat out. If you can't afford to eat out....tough luck!!!

Most married Nigerian men are spoilt. Are women slaves? they are under during collabo getting 'chooked', they get impregnated for 9 months, they bear the the pain of child labor, they take care of the child, they deal with craziness of some husband's relatives, they do laundry, grocery e.t.c and yet you are making cooking a pre-requisite for marriage!

1 Like

Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by EreluY(f): 6:18pm On Sep 28, 2012
vivian chinaza: Being an independent woman doesn't automatically make you a man! And it really pains me when women blame their inability to be a real woman on "independence!" A woman should be a woman anytime any day! Being independent is just an added advantage!

REALLY?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Fiancée And My Best Friend / What's Up With S/african Men Killing Off These Their Bootylicious Gf's? / 7 Benefits Of Marrying A Virgin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.