Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,439 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise (24628 Views)

Nigerians Nd Their "A Woman Who Cant Cook Wont Make A Good Wife" Mentality / Check Out This Romantic Picture Of A Caring Boyfriend / Beautiful,caring And Intelligent But Can't Cook--please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by FrenchyL(m): 10:22pm On Sep 28, 2012
@poster: I dont see a big deal with it if she is willing to learn. It all starts with her desire to go beyond this phase. She can learn from a catering school or a very good caterer. she will be fine.. All the best. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Paentera(m): 10:24pm On Sep 28, 2012
gunners160: dnt listen 2 anybody dat advise u 2 get a housemaid.even them theirselves wont do such nonsense.tel her dat she MUST learn hw 2 COOk b4 u wuld marry her.By so doin she wuld know dat it is either i learn hw 2 COOK OR SHE WULD LOSE U.TAKE HER 2 D KITCHEN TEL HER PUT D WATER IN D FIRE ADD MAGGIC SALT ETC.REMENBER 1DAY UR FAMILY MEMBERS WULD VISIT U O O

Na from clap dance dey start, small time housemaid will take her rightful place next to oga, den wifey will be wondering what she did wrong. Leave the girl, one day she will learn but hopefully not before you've made Ekaette the madam of your house.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Hardfact: 11:07pm On Sep 28, 2012
@Op She seems to have a number of qualities which you want. For the cooking thing and so on, you have to see she learns it before concluding or be ready to bear it if you must go ahead. There's little you can do if you wait till after marriage
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Gigika(m): 11:19pm On Sep 28, 2012
No big deal cos the solution is in ur own hands. Why dont u teach her if u can or better still send her to a cattering school.....
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Awagbiji: 11:20pm On Sep 28, 2012
Can you satisfy yourself 100%?
You can't get a woman who will satisfy you 100%.
You are not perfect too.
A good cook may not have good character.
If food is your main priority send her away.
Mind you, good wife is very rare.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by chucky234(m): 11:25pm On Sep 28, 2012
Hmmm I dey laff in slow motion,boss style
See how love go turn dis boy to houseboy for the rest of him life.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 28, 2012
kemmyangel: If she cant cook, nd you love her....please do the cooking for her oooo.....anytime you are in the kitchen, just invite her playfully, with time she will get use to it, nd if she is not...get a house made to do that for you.....afterall, God created man to be an help mate to woman...lol..........

You don change bible na abi?
Go read the last chapter of Revelations and you go correct wetin you put for there grin
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by MrsChima1(f): 11:31pm On Sep 28, 2012
2buff:

You don change bible na abi?
Go read the last chapter of Revelations and you go correct wetin you put for there grin

What do you call a man that provides for his family....a helper. wink

In fact the Bible has been rewritten and changed for HUNDREDS OF YEARS....her comment is no different then the others that have changed the Bible from it original writings.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by dabossman(m): 11:32pm On Sep 28, 2012
Mrs. Chima, Dealslip and Rocktation, you guys are too much. It's nice we have such liberal women like you on this forum. Sadly only the latter hasn't stated that she is married. If not I would have asked any of you peeps to come and marry me.

I'm a handsome, intelligent and very lovable young man. However, I must state here that i have never paid light bills or house rent before. I have never fueled my own car and I have never had a job. To be honest I don't believe in all that "the man should provide for the home crap". Who came up with that anyway? Love is all we need to get by right?

Please feel free to leave your husbands if necessary. I'm very available. I love women with such liberal mentality

5 Likes

Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Rick9(m): 11:33pm On Sep 28, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Can YOU cook? How hard is it to boil water for rice??!!!!!

hahahahahahahahahah Laughing. Tinx
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by warrior01: 11:39pm On Sep 28, 2012
mediainspired: Well, Op, dats why u hav KFC, sweetsensatn, village kitchen, mayonnaise, blue band, slice buttered bread, roadside akara seller etc for special situatns like dis. See if u guys can cope wit it. LOL. But wait o, wat is it about guys &a woman's cooking skills wenever dey're thinkin marriage? I dont think dere's an african woman dat's totally clueless in d kitchen, it's just dat d skills level ar diffrent. Except u want a fulltime housewife, pls de-emphasize cookin skills. Its secondary, abeg. Weneva am thinkin about my fiancee, am mostly imaginin her as d luvly, educated &eloquent 1st Lady descendin wit me 4rm a private jet to a cheerin crowd. Kitchen is important too, but plsss......
So many kids on Nairaland these days
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Boboedom: 11:43pm On Sep 28, 2012
@vivian chinaza: I totally agree with and appreciate your comment.
The poster should read and adhere to your advise. I am aware for facts of some of the Children of some of our very rich people in the society who have all manners of cooks, househelps etc. Where never get to light cookers at home talkless of doing house chores....for where? I know of a guy who got burnt by boiling oil while frying eggs for dinner himself and his wife, that was when the secret was exposed that guy has been fried egg every night, trust wetin family go do nown they almost practically brought the guy anew wife that could cook. This is true and the lady in question was a former colleague and she use to buy nigerian food from the office to take home as dinner...serious. She could not even eat naija food herself except snacks and chinese food. But she learnt the hard way, she became miserable sha cos guy started playing away(am not in support) but thank God they were blessed with two kids. I hope and pray that they are still together since I lost touch with them. Girls should learn basic things when getting married inspite of the comfort that their homes provide them.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by MrsChima1(f): 11:47pm On Sep 28, 2012
dabossman: Mrs. Chima, Dealslip and Rocktation, you guys are too much. It's nice we have such liberal women like you on this forum. Sadly only the latter hasn't stated that she is married. If not I would have asked any of you peeps to come and marry me.

I'm a handsome, intelligent and very lovable young man. However, I must state here that i have never paid light bills or house rent before. I have never fueled my own car and I have never had a job. To be honest I don't believe in all that "the man should provide for the home crap". Who came up with that anyway? Love is all we need to get by right?

Please feel free to leave your husbands if necessary. I'm very available. I love women with such liberal mentality

I don't do deadbeats and if I can work..so can my husband. wink
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by omotayokay: 11:51pm On Sep 28, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

In fact the Bible has been rewritten and changed for HUNDREDS OF YEARS...
ha!...na wa for you o,..no offence pls. But what you just said? Hmm
you were talkin about help mate thingy, yes, the woman is the help mate..and not the other way round, ok? Think bout this, which would come first, the helper or the 'helpee'..?
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by MrsChima1(f): 12:57am On Sep 29, 2012
omotayokay:
ha!...na wa for you o,..no offence pls. But what you just said? Hmm
you were talkin about help mate thingy, yes, the woman is the help mate..and not the other way round, ok? Think bout this, which would come first, the helper or the 'helpee'..?

I never said the woman wasn't nor can't be help mates....this time read SLOWLY...I said what do you call a man that provides for his family.....a helper.

My statement about the Bible been rewritten is MY OPINION and I am entitled to it!
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by bashr8: 1:14am On Sep 29, 2012
[size=15pt]cant cook ?? thats a deal breaker [/size]
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Jerryjat(m): 1:15am On Sep 29, 2012
But d gal is crazy o.... Were was she wen her mummy was cooking 4 how many years..... And instead of her to b ashamed of her self, she's even resisting on learning... Broda send her back to her parent pls... Dere's always a replacement... Trust me, u will find her's...
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by keddyluv(f): 1:40am On Sep 29, 2012
♍γ̲̣̣̥ dear, luk b4 u leap. Don't get entangled wit wat u'll regret. Marriage isn't all abt love or sex. Der's more 2 it. ♍γ̲̣̣̥ pple say, bend a young tree 2wards d direction u want it 2 grow. 4 wen it's old, u can't bend it. Try it and u'll break it. Wen d kids starts coming in, dat's wen u'll knw d importance of d lady u picked as a wife. I ƪ♥‎√ع Calabar gals, wen it comes 2 how 2 take care of a man we r der both in bed and all round. It runs in our blood lipsrsealed
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Rocktation(f): 2:13am On Sep 29, 2012
dabossman: Mrs. Chima, Dealslip and Rocktation, you guys are too much. It's nice we have such liberal women like you on this forum. Sadly only the latter hasn't stated that she is married. If not I would have asked any of you peeps to come and marry me.

Lol. Not to worry, you're good to go. We're independent, not just for the name of it. You excluded an important bit of info from your CV though. Can You Cook? cheesy
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by ndukwejoe(m): 3:42am On Sep 29, 2012
I know you love her , can you cook? Then teach her to cook, ie is if she wants to learn, are you are big boy hire a cook,
you can use this to know whether she loves you, and will not give you headache, if she is not willing to learn , i am afraid my gazing glass shows me wahala in marriage.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by frevangel(m): 4:42am On Sep 29, 2012
agaz08: i am sorry to say.a lady who canot cook can not possess all those attributes caring,intelligent.i fear say no b camouflag

You are so on point! True!!!
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by chikeorji123(m): 5:19am On Sep 29, 2012
Dump her immediately undecided
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by manosteel(m): 6:33am On Sep 29, 2012
vivian chinaza:

Oh yes! A woman has a very important place in the kitchen and home in general! If a woman can't cook or keep a house she should at least make an effort! We cannot and should never compare ourselves to men! We are not men and we will never be and no amount of education and exposure will change that!
Cooking for ur husband doesn't make u a cook or a maid period!

Nothing more to say, you just nailed it.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by khadijaluv: 6:38am On Sep 29, 2012
skup008: Its less than a year that i met this lovely gal,she is very beautiful,caring,very religious and we love each other so much.

she is actually the first lady i will ever love with my whole heart as i always dream of keeping her as a wife. But the problem am having with her is that she can't cook,she can't prepare any meal at all and she's also very lazy when it comes to domestic works and any time i raise the issue, she always react as if she never care to learn how to do them,at times she tell that i shouldn't worry that she will change and learn how to cook very soon,that is when she notice am very serious or not happy about the issue.

I now want Nairalanders to advise me on what to do that can force her to learn how to cook and do other domestic works...

Thanks
u can never have a peaceful and happy home with a woman that cannot "CooK and clean" ur happiness will only last a short while because having a successful home doesn't last with her been beautiful and later in life her been beautiful will no longer be enough for u and u will desire to come home to a clean home and a well prepared meal. Forget househelp if u risk that kind oF life u will definitely not be satisfied.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Fidelcruiz(m): 7:02am On Sep 29, 2012
If the two of u truly love each other and hope on posterity, u need to be patience with her and teach her at the same time since she is ready to learn. By the time she gets used to it u will be the best thing that ever happened to her. Trust me
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 29, 2012
sexkillz: 1. Teach her how to cook, or

2. Pay for someone to teach her how to cook.

3. Read 1 and 2 again. . .
Exactly! If she refuses any of these options, step out of the relationship.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by gboso: 7:18am On Sep 29, 2012
U need 2 teach her how 2 cook

tpacalipse: Exactly! If she refuses any of these options, step out of the relationship.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by arki(m): 7:21am On Sep 29, 2012
It's really pathetic,a lady at such level in life can't put 2gether simple condiments 2 produce a delightful meal,infact it exasperates. Op,even though u'll wnt 2 put up wit dat an work down d aisle wit her,u'll stil regret it on d long-run. Can u imagine coming home one evening wit a couple of ur frnds looking famished nd ready 2 eat up a whole cow,unfortunately, ur househelp wasn't a-home nd ur wife decided 2 make ur dinner,while ur frnds are already seatd 2 have a bite of every last portion of ur wife's meal bt 2 ur embarrasment 2 find d obnoxious luk øn their faces. Tink abt dat. Even dou dat cn be somehw be tolorated. 2 tink of a wife dat can't take care of her household chores is really 2 d extreme. I'm nt tryin 2 mare ur fiancee/girlfrnd bt 2 let u knw dat there are somethings dat cn be tolorated nd some dat cn nt be. Even though i'm nt oblivious of d fact dat u call d last shots as lng as this is cöncern nd bear in mind dat u're entittle 2 ur discretion here. Cheers...
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Nobody: 7:25am On Sep 29, 2012
I think when you say a woman is beautiful, it has to do more than the physical appearance. If a woman can't cook or she is generally lazy as hell, to me, she ain't beautiful at all though she may look like Beyonceeeee. Do not share your home with a lady who lacks basic home training. Forget about the physical appearance cause it ain't nothing. As it is commonly said, it is sure that the two things which must fade with time is an echo and the beauty of a woman.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by EmmyDe25(m): 7:34am On Sep 29, 2012
D-Explorer:
Buy her a cooking manual. She should place it beside the pot while cooking. First 3meals might just be awful but trust me, you will enjoy the fourth grin
Fourth u say? *chuckles* luv ur sense of modesty.
@op, dia is a level diference btw sum1 who cant cuk nd is ready to learn nd sum1 who dosnt knw hw to cuk bt each tym u tel ha it results to mood disorder..
One tin u nid to knw is dat in mariage Luv is nt d only recipe.... Just open doz eyes of urz nd take a stand 4ur unborn children.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 29, 2012
warrior01:
So many kids on Nairaland these days
So many deluded kids!
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 29, 2012
okpara ugo:

I hope she conforms to your assertion. There are some impossible girls who behave as if home chores are dirty jobs. You never met one
You don't even need to go too far, since there are many of them on Nairaland.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Fiancée And My Best Friend / What's Up With S/african Men Killing Off These Their Bootylicious Gf's? / 7 Benefits Of Marrying A Virgin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.