Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,658 members, 7,813,220 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise (24612 Views)

Nigerians Nd Their "A Woman Who Cant Cook Wont Make A Good Wife" Mentality / Check Out This Romantic Picture Of A Caring Boyfriend / Beautiful,caring And Intelligent But Can't Cook--please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by ZeusI: 7:37pm On Sep 28, 2012
Failed!
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Kay1kay1(m): 7:37pm On Sep 28, 2012
@ OP
How well can you cook? Hmm... you seem attracted to her beauty...it's not a crime she cannot cook and don't look at it as such...you two should take cooking/baking courses together regularly... look for a professional chef who takes such classes. Do so regularly. House chores, do them together...just these little steps would get things come together...be careful not to be bossy about getting these things done together...

DON'T envisage GETTING A HOUSE HELP O!... don't...
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by ZeusI: 7:37pm On Sep 28, 2012
Fail!
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 28, 2012
Its one thing for a lady to know how to cook but too career-busy to have time. In such a case, I happily get her a cook and steward. But if she "cant" cook, and is not ready to learn. She no fine pass Mary Magdalene, free her one time and let her know its for that reason, if she really loves you, she will learn the art of cooking and science of home-keeping instanta!!!
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by dealslip(f): 7:42pm On Sep 28, 2012
[/b][b]
sanb: A woman should be able to learn how to cook and clean, as it’s only customary for her to do so. I use myself as a test case…whilst growing up, I didn’t have to learn how to cook or do house chores because people were employed to do them. But I took it upon myself to LEARN how to cook and do house chores as well….The word is I was *WILLING* hence I learnt. angry cool

But in this ladies case it doesn’t appear as if she is willing to learn. I agree that a man should know how to cook and clean as well but it still falls back to his wife. I’m a career woman but I can’t allow that to hinder me from carrying out my responsibilities in my home; which includes cooking and tidying the home…….It’s this ladies choice to LEARN!!! cool

Customary how? Was I̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅̊ made customary by  Federal Republic of *NG*'s constitution. Everyone should cooperate in  house. Where one I̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊ weak  other shud support
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by hagma37yahoocom: 7:45pm On Sep 28, 2012
@poster guy wakeup all those beauty of her disappier after som years in marriage all you need then is good food and good house keep clean children etc bro all the qualities you presented are not enough to sustain marriage
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by oineoma(m): 7:46pm On Sep 28, 2012
[quote author=dealslip]

Why do U̶̲̥̅̊ think house chores.... Bla bla bla... All thrash. How can u complement when she cant do just de basic? We re not sayin de postser should kick her out but u lazy bunch shouldn encourage that attitude jo.. Would you be as proud of your mother as you re if she is what this woman is?
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by maasoap(m): 7:48pm On Sep 28, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
Not everybody know how to cook or clean. It has nothing to with etnicity or family structure. Maybe her parents taught her how but she can seems to master it. Itis not the end of tbe world. I am sure she can cook basic things but he wants her to be a chef and she is not one.
Women right activist, right? But the truth is that you're not helping her.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Voned(f): 7:49pm On Sep 28, 2012
Sometimes, i wonder wat is so hard about cooking! shocked
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Tinyemeka(m): 7:50pm On Sep 28, 2012
dealslip:

Why do U̶̲̥̅̊ think house chores and cooking I̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊ typically for women. What role I̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊ typically for men?  poster should look for what I̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊ (*)G̲̅O̲̅O̲̅D̲̅(*) abt  lady and help develop that. Complaining abt her but  didn't hear she isn't (*)G̲̅O̲̅O̲̅D̲̅(*) in bed, at least U̶̲̥̅̊ enjoy that

Do you call "getting the kids ready for school, monitoring their activities and cooking" house-chores?
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by mrperfect(m): 7:55pm On Sep 28, 2012
With training she will be fine.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Nobody: 7:56pm On Sep 28, 2012
No doubt everyone should cooperate in the house; but as a woman that duty still falls on her.... *WILLINGNESS* is the WORD...cool cheesy
dealslip: [/b][b]

Customary how? Was I̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅̊ made customary by  Federal Republic of *NG*'s constitution. Everyone should cooperate in  house. Where one I̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊ weak  other shud support
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by maasoap(m): 7:56pm On Sep 28, 2012
@OP, You're have been advised to take it upon yourself to succeed where her mother who is in position teach her all these failed miserabely. Goodluck to you.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by dealslip(f): 7:57pm On Sep 28, 2012
van bonattel:

with this type of mindset, your marriage will last as long as 2 months before the frustrated man will dump ur azz through the window wink

with this type of mindset, your marriage will last as long as 2 months before the frustrated man will dump ur azz through the window

Sorry bro but ♍Ɣ marriage WȊ̝̊̅ℓℓ be 3 years on oct 3. We ve 2 kids and a wonderful marriage. We were 2gether for 8 yrs b4 marriage. He would H̲̣̣̣̥ɑ̤̥̈̊vє̲̣̥ opted out in d 8 yrs b4 consumating d wedding
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:57pm On Sep 28, 2012
Voned: Sometimes, i wonder wat is so hard about cooking! shocked

I wonder also. Some of the comments here are mind boggling.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by oineoma(m): 8:01pm On Sep 28, 2012
Voned: Sometimes, i wonder wat is so hard about cooking! shocked
..... I just wonder.. Any one who cant do it is just de worst thing since asteroid
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by dealslip(f): 8:02pm On Sep 28, 2012
[quote author=oineoma][/quote]

Watch Ųя mouth and leave mother's out of this.
If she isn't skilled in that area does that make her completely useless and not fit for marriage.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by oineoma(m): 8:16pm On Sep 28, 2012
dealslip:

Watch Ųя mouth and leave mother's out of this.
If she isn't skilled in that area does that make her completely useless and not fit for marriage.
.... You see as e de pain you? Cause you re proud of your mother.. Thats all we re saying, every good wife should carry on this heritage, sorry if you re angry but me i dont know what else a wife can be proud of if she cant cook....cook!!
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by maybel(m): 8:17pm On Sep 28, 2012
Pls dont marry her because u will regret it later. If she cant cook and she is lazy what makes u think she's good 4 you? When both of u grow old and grey 2gether it's then u will know that beauty and intelligence shouldnt be given utmost priority in marriage. If i am married and am still eating outside then i am not enjoying d fruit of marriage. Logically,if she's lazy as u've made us to understand in your write up then she's dirty. For pete's sake, why on earth would you want to marry a dirty lady no matter how beautiful she is? She's not worth it, pal. This is my candid opinion.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by onuwaje(m): 8:18pm On Sep 28, 2012
No think twice.... I rather marry an ugly gal that can cook than marry a pretty gal that can't cook o......
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by vislabraye(m): 8:18pm On Sep 28, 2012
Cooking is the basic skill any woman should learn. Its not even difficult.
You can't always be the one cooking. You'll get tired. If she can't learn now how u sure she wld still learn?
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by claremont(m): 8:32pm On Sep 28, 2012
It is a recognized fact that the way to an African man's heart is via his stomach and/or his loins. A good lady should be able to do at least one of these, an ideal lady should be able to efficiently combine both. Most Nigerian ladies I have met can efficiently combine both; it is rare to find an adult lady in Nigeria who cannot cook, that's quite strange.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by king100(m): 8:41pm On Sep 28, 2012
Bros! you should be careful in this relationship.There is a saying that says in Yoruba- IWA LE EWA-meaning good character is beauty Please do not be deceived by all those attributes you've stated.Marriage is all above responsibility,one of the roles of woman in marrige is to know how to perform house's chores.If care is not taking whenever she give birth to children,you will be the one that taking care of them it from me.A lazy woman , even man cannot survive in any marriage.SHE WILL NEVER CHANGE
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by abuaoyen(f): 8:45pm On Sep 28, 2012
i'l advice u send her 2 either ur mum or hers 2 teach her hw 2 cook b4 u settle dwn.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Youngzedd(m): 8:52pm On Sep 28, 2012
skup008: Its less than a year that i met this lovely gal,she is very beautiful,caring,very religious and we love each other so much.

she is actually the first lady i will ever love with my whole heart as i always dream of keeping her as a wife. But the problem am having with her is that she can't cook,she can't prepare any meal at all and she's also very lazy when it comes to domestic works and any time i raise the issue, she always react as if she never care to learn how to do them,at times she tell that i shouldn't worry that she will change and learn how to cook very soon,that is when she notice am very serious or not happy about the issue.

I now want Nairalanders to advise me on what to do that can force her to learn how to cook and do other domestic works...

Thanks

Hmm, u suppose no what to do, but since u can't let me help ya.

Any lady/girl that find it difficult to do domestic work is pathetic. She is not a wife material.

Take it or leave it, any lady that can't handle domestic work, isn't worth marrying.

I will advise you to go on if only you can do the domestic work by your self, but come to think of it, how will it look when a man of the house is doing laundry and the wife will be on the bed, recommending the one to wash first.

Bro use ur tongue to count ur teeth.

I can see the pain u will go through if eventually u marry such.

Women are weaker vessel but stronger than some guys.

Women are like envelop, anything you see inside is what u will live with till death do una apart.

The highest mistake a man will make is by choosen a lady that isn't wife material.

Let He that has ear hear, don't start what you can't finish.

Marriage is for better for worst.

One man One wife.

1 Like

Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by vitality33: 9:14pm On Sep 28, 2012
berem: she should go back to her mother and learn how to cook! Which kind thing be dat? Abi na love you go chop? A grown up girl like that can't cook? Only spagetti and indomie! Na wetin you go dey chop for the rest of your life? Please send her home let her learn joor!
Thank you
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 28, 2012
@ poster..'Kindly send her to a catering school..she would learn how to cook,bake and do other things.
That is the most reasonable advice cos sending her to your mum might cause issues.
I have friends that didn't learn how to cook but took it upon themselves to go to catering school to learn how to cook and I can testify that they enjoy cooking and have excellent culinary skills now. If you truly love her,stick to this!
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by jpphilips(m): 9:39pm On Sep 28, 2012
boron10: @OP are you for real? Would you rather have a dullard who knows how to cook as wife? Please en, gone are those days when men marry women solely because of their domestic skills. This is 21st century for crying out loud. You are even very lucky to find a Nigerian babe who is able to combine beauty with brain. Cooking is a trait any nonentity can learn within a week. I bet, if you think she isn't good for you, men who are far better would take her from you and you would end up regretting. Always try inviting her to the kitchen whenever you feel like cooking. Drop your ego i beg. A word is enough

kiddies rant, guess you thought your mum how to cook while your father watched abi?

Yes, the food you enjoy at home is the manifestation of a good choice made by your father.

Unless the girls's father will give you a discount to make up for her inefficiency, then its a good deal.

Its 21st century so you can as well marry an imbec!le
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by MrsChima1(f): 9:52pm On Sep 28, 2012
maasoap: Women right activist, right? But the truth is that you're not helping her.

How the Bleep am I supposed to help a faceless figure?!!!!!!!!!! It has nothing to do with women rights nor any other bullshit. It is common sense...if a woman can't cook....then what? Replace her? The next woman will still have something she doesn't know how to do!

That's common sense! There are kids starving around th world and YOU MOFOS WORRYING ABOUT LACK OF COOKING?!!
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by Agimor(m): 10:09pm On Sep 28, 2012
What has she be doing all this while.kindly send her to one mama puot to learn how to cook delicious meal.
Re: Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise by favouryemmy: 10:14pm On Sep 28, 2012
Aza Montana: get househelp dude
I tell u, getting househelp is not d best, especially if ur wife neva does it. If ur house help always does the cooking and serves u evrytime, with time u might begin to develop feelings for her. U know d way to a mans heart is thru his belly. Im talking from experience, I had to seriously caution myself and God helped me thats y I did not fall. My consolation is that she'll soon leave us and return to her parents.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

"Man In Vegetative State Weds His Old Lover" (Photos) / My Fiancée And My Best Friend / No Girl Is Good, Yet Guys Are Getting Married Every Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.