Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,232 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? (17926 Views)

What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? / June 12 Annulment: How Has Nigeria Fared? / What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Dainfamous: 5:12pm On Sep 30, 2012
ochukoccna: @ OP,Nigeria has achieved suffering& smiling
Also the current Nigeria is headed for disintegration
It is said a fool@ 40 is a fool forever
What about a fool@ 52? !
WORD...
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 5:16pm On Sep 30, 2012
shymexx:

When I said, "I was too young to have an IMPACT on the way things are" - I meant, I don't have the resources and the 'political' power to effect the necessary changes to move Nigeria to where it rightfully belongs in the world...

Donations and giving money to the poor is a good thing, but Nigeria/Africa needs more than that... It's like giving people 'fishes', instead of teaching them the process of fishing... Yours would make a temporary impact in the short-run, what about the long-run/permanent/futuristic agendas?? We as Nigerians need to be proactive, and effect changes from the foundation, not just FACELIFTS...

We need to re-educate our people on who they're and how to fight for what rightful belongs to them... That's my path to helping Nigeria...

I reiterate, if Nigeria is a 'failure' - Nigerians are also a 'failure' collectively... We've failed our country, we don't have an identity, and we've allowed nepotism and tribalism blindfold our sense of reasoning/humanity...

I'm guilty as well!!

I still don't agree with that "Nigerians are failures"/ "We have failed Nigeria". Those that have failed Nigeria know themeselves. I guess we have to agree to disagree. And can you elaborate on your claims that "Nigerians don't have an identity"??
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by chucky234(m): 5:21pm On Sep 30, 2012
ochukoccna:
A tribal bigot accusing 2 other nations of trialism
Isn't that delusion?
SMH
Two other nations? So Yoruba and Aboki na nations now,hmmm na wao for wire road oooo
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by vanbonattel: 5:22pm On Sep 30, 2012
minudus: Ask Mr President And His Cabal..

Pushing the blame game
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by vanbonattel: 5:25pm On Sep 30, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:

I still don't agree with that "Nigerians are failures"/ "We have failed Nigeria". Those that have failed Nigeria know themeselves. I guess we have to agree to disagree. And can you elaborate on your claims that "Nigerians don't have an identity"??

Mention just one point that made you think you have not failed nigeria?
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 30, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:

If Nigerians are those who 'make-up' Nigeria, and Nigeria is a failure, so how do we classify Nigerians then?? Nigeria by itself is just a geographical location for Nigerians - and Nigeria can't do anything without Nigerians...

Religion defines a man's identity... It's a way a man moves higher in his level of consciousness... A man without a religion that defines who he is, is a man without an identity...

When I see Europeans, I see Christianity, and a saviour the looks like them...

When I see Arabs and Persians, I see Islam, and a prophet that looks like them...

When I see Indians, I see Hinduism, and a Krishna that looks like them..

When I see Chinese/Japanese/Koreans etc.., I see Buddhism, and a Buddha that looks like them...

Even South Americans had to create their own religion/identity based on their mix... Combination of native people, African religion, and European religion to create a new way of life for their people...

When I see black Africans, I see a people with no identity trying to fit in anywhere - yet we think we're the best thing since slice bread... It's not surprising that we're stuck at the bottom of every social ladder because we're a people with no principle, no sense of responsibility, and 'a people' trying to fit in everywhere....

2 Likes

Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by sessydoo(m): 5:31pm On Sep 30, 2012
miss 9ja: Sorry guys, I'm new here

U re welcome Miss 9ja but i observed na only guys dey welcome u on board o, make u shine ur eyes ooo But seriously i think Seun and his entire crew should have a way of welcoming new people on board. Dont think its a bad idea really.....jez my opinion.
All d same sweet, u re most welcomed!
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by NEROSKY(m): 5:32pm On Sep 30, 2012
corruption
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by chucky234(m): 5:33pm On Sep 30, 2012
Billyonaire: Nigeria, a blessed Nation of the Green and White Flag.
Achievements:
1. Home of the Highest numbers of Billionaires in Africa
2. Home of the Richest African
3. Home of Highest Internet Density in Africa
4. Paradigm of Best Economic Czars in Africa
5. Most Populous Black Nation
6. Home of Second most expensive Hotels in the World (we live expensive)
7. Home of the 150 Private jet owners, second only to USA
8. Home of a Nobel Laurette
Nigeria, myHome, myCountry, Happy BDay to the country of myBirth.
Forget all dis jargons wey you dey write,face matter wey dey for hand jare
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by NEROSKY(m): 5:33pm On Sep 30, 2012
Iaz93: Nigeria celebrates her 52nd anniversary tomorrow, it's supposed to be a thing of joy, but yet people are still suffering and there is still destruction of lives and properties. The bomb blast today at gaskiya in Zaria is no exception. Where do you think Nigeria is heading to?
bush..
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 30, 2012
unfortunately...nothing,as other nations that started the race with us i.e Malaysia,Ghana have progressed ,we have regressed in all meaningful developments
however we have progressed in a self destructive manner, corruption,unemployment,ethnocentric division,comatose infrastructure, vision less leadership etc
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Shieldjnr: 5:37pm On Sep 30, 2012
Boko boyz,corruption,plane crash.infact nothing
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by zannie(f): 5:38pm On Sep 30, 2012
I think this should be a time to reflect on what it means to be a country. And to think about what we can do to move this country forward.
A house divided cannot stand. Yes there are so many tribes and ethnicities in this country, but that should never stop us from being united. Our differences should make us stronger and not tear us apart.
We are here complaining and complaining. Dats all we do. We point fingers at other tribes and rain all sorts of abuses on each other. And we still think attitudes like that will move us forward. we still don't know the kind of giant leap we will make as a country when we look past our differences and be of one mind.
True, our leaders have failed us. It did not start today. Everything we are seeing in this country is a cumulative of all the mess this country has been put through since 1960, not just from GEJ's time. Is there still hope? The US is such a great example. Maybe we shud read up on where they were @ 52 years.
I still believe in this country. We should try and channel all these hate and tribalism into making this country work. In no time things will change for good.
This is the message that we should all preach. No tribe is better than the other, and it is all of us as a collective that make up Nigeria.
Good people, great nation.
Happy birthday to us!

2 Likes

Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by vanbonattel: 5:38pm On Sep 30, 2012
shymexx:

If Nigerians are those who 'make-up' Nigeria, and Nigeria is a failure, so how do we classify Nigerians then?? Nigeria by itself is just a geographical location for Nigerians - and Nigeria can't do anything without Nigerians...

Religion defines a man's identity... It's a way a man moves higher in his level of consciousness... A man without a religion that defines who he is, is a man without an identity...

When I see Arabs and Persians, I see Islam, and a prophet that looks like them...

When I see Chinese/Japanese/Koreans etc.., I see Buddhism, and a Buddha that looks like them...

Even South Americans had to create their own religion/identity based on their mix... Combination of native people, African religion, and European religion to create a new way of life for their people...

When I see black Africans, I see a people with no identity trying to fit in anywhere - yet we think we're the best thing since slice bread... It's not surprising that we're stuck at the bottom of every social ladder because we're a people with no principle, no sense of responsibility, and 'a people' trying to fit in everywhere....

So let's do something, paint a black saviour and call him...........wazobia!
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Ndjones(m): 5:38pm On Sep 30, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:

You see, this is what I was talking about. It is your father and grandfather that contributed. What have you personally done for the country Nigeria?? You, Not your mother, father, grandfather, great grandmother, siblings e.t.c but you, other than come to nairaland and criticize the economy.
U get sense my brother. I'm wondering whether all these people criticizing Nigeria are citizens of this great country. Because no sane person or persons would like to go to the internet and downgrade his/her country. If Nigeria is not good for u, u leave. After it is not by force to be a Nigerian. Go and national in those countries u feel are good
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by TAILAS01(m): 5:40pm On Sep 30, 2012
A lot clouded by the bad deeds of the minority buhWe' coming up...I luv naija
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 5:42pm On Sep 30, 2012
shymexx:

Interesting that you feel that way, I use to think that ethnic background, intellectual interests, then religion were part of the many factors that contribute to a person's identity. Never knew it was only religion. undecided It sure would be a very easy world, if i can just create my own belief system that "I am the most magnificent person that as ever walked on this planet," and the world would view me as such. But in the real world, there is more to it than that, your ethnicity, color, race always factor in your identity. Not just your belief system.

1 Like

Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 30, 2012
last time i checked, Nigeria was made up of individuals. Personally i know I havent done anything noteworthy for naija 'cept for gossiping and bashing naija at every turn . fail on me.
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by brightmon: 5:43pm On Sep 30, 2012
hmmm, ok na, make i think 1st.
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by chucky234(m): 5:44pm On Sep 30, 2012
lalaosky:
welcome cutie...over here you will see sycomphants, mad peeps, garri peeps, beautifull&fugly fellaz and wivez, intelligents guys that will improve your day to day living, bigots e.t.c..i could go on and on but time would't permit me.
In other words, you will see the good, bad and ugly side of the entire nigerians and to a large extent the world..just be yourself and say your mind without allowing anybody ride on you...ciao..happy sunday beauty
Which one come be dis cutie and beauty inside,you no dey use eye see fine girl?
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Abbycite(m): 5:46pm On Sep 30, 2012
Nigeria has achieve nothing and yet people (Bakassi) don't want to join another country...

If Nigeria is not good enough for u, u are free to cross d border to Chad, Niger, Cameroun, Benin or better still jump into d Atlantic ocean and swim abroad...very simple!

I wonder when we will begin to ask ourselves about what we have contributed to d success of Nigeria...
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by freeman11(m): 5:46pm On Sep 30, 2012
gramci: You want to know? we now manufacture bombs in kano.

VERY VERY GOOD ACHIEVEMENT. AT LEAST WE CAN BLOW-UP OURSELVES!!!!!! grin
gramci: You want to know? we now manufacture bombs in kano.
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by fujirice: 5:47pm On Sep 30, 2012
Chai! Nay sayers full dz our naira land o! Kai! Na only we sabi amplify our pains 2 look like say we're finished.
Mehn, if una no get d solution for al d tinz una dey complain about mak una jst shut it already! Gawd!
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by greatgod2012(f): 5:47pm On Sep 30, 2012
its true, nigeria has not achieved much, but by d grace of God, we shall get there.............. Amen.

1 Like

Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Emmy9ite(m): 5:50pm On Sep 30, 2012
zannie: I think this should be a time to reflect on what it means to be a country. And to think about what we can do to move this country forward.
A house divided cannot stand. Yes there are so many tribes and ethnicities in this country, but that should never stop us from being united. Our differences should make us stronger and not tear us apart.
We are here complaining and complaining. Dats all we do. We point fingers at other tribes and rain all sorts of abuses on each other. And we still think attitudes like that will move us forward. we still don't know the kind of giant leap we will make as a country when we look past our differences and be of one mind.
True, our leaders have failed us. It did not start today. Everything we are seeing in this country is a cumulative of all the mess this country has been put through since 1960, not just from GEJ's time. Is there still hope? The US is such a great example. Maybe we shud read up on where they were @ 52 years.
I still believe in this country. We should try and channel all these hate and tribalism into making this country work. In no time things will change for good.
This is the message that we should all preach. No tribe is better than the other, and it is all of us as a collective that make up Nigeria.
Good people, great nation.
Happy birthday to us!
You have spoken well my sister. There are three things a poor man does.
1. He blames everything for his failure, he blames the government, his parents and the society
2. He justifies everything to fit his condition, he is always removing himself from every problem

3. He complains at the slightest opportunity.

That is how nigerians behave!

2 Likes

Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Iaz93: 5:51pm On Sep 30, 2012
Horayce: last time i checked, Nigeria was made up of individuals. Personally i know I havent done anything noteworthy for naija 'cept for gossiping and bashing naija at every turn . fail on me.

lmao
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Sep 30, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:
Interesting that you feel that way, I use to think that ethnic background, intellectual interests, then religion were part of the many factors that contribute to a person's identity. Never knew it was only religion. undecided It sure would be a very easy world, if i can just create my own belief system that "I am the most magnificent person that as ever walked on this planet," and the world would view me as such. But in the real world, their is more to it than that, your ethnicity, color, race always factor in your identity. Not just your belief system.

Religion is the foundation that defines who a person is... And it enhances a person's consciousness because that's how you communicate with your maker/supreme being... We control our own reality and the process is done through our consciousness - with religion playing a vital role in that subconsciously...

Europe leaped to where it's today on the back of its religion/consciousness - trans-Atlantic slave trade... Arabs became 'superior' to Africans because of their religion, and the enslavement of black through Zanzibar... Hence, why they treat us as inferior beings... Asia has been able to achieve a lot because of the higher level of thinking/consciousness their religion gives them...

Your mind/consciousness controls everything you do... Ethnic background without higher spirituality, is just like being BLACK with no connection to Africa...

Let's not derail the thread - I'm off to get ready for the NFL.... grin
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by manmustwac(m): 5:56pm On Sep 30, 2012
The answer is VERY LITTLE or NOTHING!! Part of the problem is a is that a lot of you guys think that kneeling down closing you eyes clasping your hands together and talking to yourself is the best way to help the country progress angry
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by donmatin(m): 5:56pm On Sep 30, 2012
Israel in ancient days sinned against God,so God punished them for 40yrs b4 day got to the promised land(canaan) land flowing with milk and honey"am sure many O̶̷̩̥̊͡F us wanna taste milk and honey".Nigeria mite av spent 52yrs in †ђξ wilderness but God can restore all we av lost,let's pray 4 dis country.
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Super1759: 5:56pm On Sep 30, 2012
Naija is blessed, we are blessed
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by ajf(m): 5:58pm On Sep 30, 2012
Bad name and increase in the production of garri...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fashola Lists Achievements Of His Ministries In The Last One Year / PDP National Caucus Meeting Holds In Abuja, At The PDP National Secretariat / Hope Rises For Ambode As Buhari, Govs Resolve Rift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.