Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,303 members, 7,819,026 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? (17927 Views)

What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? / June 12 Annulment: How Has Nigeria Fared? / What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 6:30pm On Sep 30, 2012
Billyonaire: But Apple and Oranges share a common genre called "Fruits". What People call Science happens to be what I call the True Religion. Without a proof, I believe nothing. Yes, Nothing is believable without a proof.

True, apples and oranges share the common genre of fruit. But apples and oranges have different tastes, the comparison of religion and science is like that. Religion has certain beliefs that science doesn't have, and science claims that most religious beliefs are "unproven."
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Ekans: 6:31pm On Sep 30, 2012
Siena: In 50-odd-years, Nigeria has achieved very little, if anything.
What of Seun and Nairaland?,no be achievement?

2 Likes

Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Rossikk(m): 6:31pm On Sep 30, 2012
safarigirl: I like your spirit. Nigeria is a young country? Do you know Singapore and Nigeria got independence the same time? Nigeria can't stand next to Singapore anywhere despite our being with loads of natural resources. Corruption, overpopulation, laziness, tribalism, nepotism, waiting for God to solve things as little as who we should TOAST! and most importantly FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN has seriously hampered whatever little progress we could have had. On the plus side, we have the Koko master, 2 face, Wizkid, Nneka, P square, Basketmouth, Genevieve Nnaji, Pete Edochie, and our wild population has helped us win BBA 3 times in a row, Naija to bad gan!

Common sharrap there. What do you know about Singapore?? What do you know about the Asian tiger economies? About the huge and deliberate inflow of western FDI, technology transfer, and access to western markets they enjoyed after WW2, courtesy of the west's desperation to create capitalist outposts in Asia to curb the spread of communism? This is how people like you come in here and talk rubbish without knowing left from right. Your mouth like Singapore. Go and STUDY the roots of those nations' artificially fast development, courtesy of the west, before daring to compare any of them with Nigeria or Africa.
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Sep 30, 2012
Rossikk:

Common sharrap
Lol
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by mekulonaire(m): 6:34pm On Sep 30, 2012
afam4eva: To be honest, we have achieved relatively nothing expect in few areas like the entertainment section where things seems to be looking up a little bit.
entertainment what?? Unlike sum kind of proud he goats kuming out 2 brag abtt der fada's moneyy
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by juman(m): 6:34pm On Sep 30, 2012
Our only achievement is crazy population of 167 millon people.
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 6:35pm On Sep 30, 2012
safarigirl: I like your spirit. Nigeria is a young country? Do you know Singapore and Nigeria got independence the same time? Nigeria can't stand next to Singapore anywhere despite our being with loads of natural resources. Corruption, overpopulation, laziness, tribalism, nepotism, waiting for God to solve things as little as who we should TOAST! and most importantly FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN has seriously hampered whatever little progress we could have had. On the plus side, we have the Koko master, 2 face, Wizkid, Nneka, P square, Basketmouth, Genevieve Nnaji, Pete Edochie, and our wild population has helped us win BBA 3 times in a row, Naija to bad gan!

And do you know that singapore still struggles with communism, militaries of other asian countries and so many other problems? So the singapore that you are mentioning also have their own problem, don't be to quick to judge.
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 30, 2012
Nigeria is very advanced at 52, compared to USA, England, Portugal, Spain and even Greece at 52. These colonial masters were never colonized, they were savages at even 100 years of their existences. Nigeria is one great country with great Citizens. The crop of leaders of the past, murdered our collective commonwealth. Now, we are already on gear 2 and I have no doubts in my mind that we are leading becoming an Economic Hurb before our 100th BirthDay. That will be a record breaking feat. Happy Birth to the only Home I can't feel racism, the only home I cant be intimidated by a white man. Congrats to fellow Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by sayitout1: 6:37pm On Sep 30, 2012
Stop all these bad belly for 9ja.

We know somany things are wrong. The issue we should be thinking or talking about is solution.

We sometimes forget Nigeria is just 52 and we want to compare her achievements with nations like Great Britain and America.

Do you know how old these nations are and what they went thru to get to were they are today?

Our own bad mouth will not make thing any better but worse.

Lets put head together and make a better Nigeria otherwise we'll all face the consequencies of whatever comes out of 9ja cos its our country.

...you can run but you can't hide.

2 Likes

Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by abifoluwa: 6:39pm On Sep 30, 2012
Billyonaire: Nigeria is very advanced at 52, compared to USA, England, Portugal, Spain and even Greece at 52. These colonial masters were never colonized, they were savages at even 100 years of their existences. Nigeria is one great country with great Citizens. The crop of leaders of the past, murdered our collective commonwealth. Now, we are already on gear 2 and I have no doubts in my mind that we are leading becoming an Economic Hurb before our 100th BirthDay. That will be a record breaking feat. Happy Birth to the only Home I can't feel racism, the only home I cant be intimidated by a white man. Congrats to fellow Nigerians.
really tho? u knw, u re a billyonaire, no be everybody get money like u, there are people in naija that still feel intimidated by a white man, heck they call us names like black monkey, talk for yaself sha, not for others
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Horus(m): 6:43pm On Sep 30, 2012

1 Like

Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by jamil2(m): 6:47pm On Sep 30, 2012
Rossikk:

Common sharrap there. What do you know about Singapore?? .
Too bad for using harsh clause in replying others and by the way your intelligency add no value to your standard and finally I discover no reasoning in your post either. Pls learn to validate your point logically.
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by 9jalondon: 6:51pm On Sep 30, 2012
We produce gari...for the nairalanders hahaa
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Sep 30, 2012
abifoluwa: really tho? u knw, u re a billyonaire, no be everybody get money like u, there are people in naija that still feel intimidated by a white man, heck they call us names like black monkey, talk for yaself sha, not for others
Sick human being!
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by tpapi: 6:55pm On Sep 30, 2012
miss 9ja: Sorry guys, I'm new here
av u paid ur induction dues
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 30, 2012
acidtalk: Nothing!
Absolutely Nothing!!!

* No medals and trophies in sports (except for paralympics)

* No ethnic and religious tolerance

* No accountability and willingness to serve amongst leaders.

* No fair justice for the common man

* Only corrupt men aand women are celebrated.

* The voices of the populace irritates the ears of their leaders.

* No hope for the common man.

Nigeria is a FAILED country.

True. On account of the above listed points, you got nothing to celebrate. However, if you have:
1. Achieved excellence in your chosen endeavour
2. Rewarded merit regardless of ethnicity
3.Refused to cheat at exams
4. Shown respect to the elderly and knowledgeable instead of revering the rich
5. Refused to thumb print ballot papers for 40k during elections
6. Refused to eploit the masses by selling 10l of fuel for 4k when there's the tiniest rumor that there might be scarcity
7. Maintained correct lanes in traffic instead of switching to one ways to beat hold ups
8. Refused to dump refuse indiscriminately on roads
9. Done your designated duty without the extra incentive of a bribe
10. Demanded results/value for every Naira u have spent
11. Written in papers or talked to someone about the ineptitude of our leaders, or created forums for that (thanks Seun)
12. Taken to streets to demonstrate injustice
13. Set yourself on fire to start off a revolution

Then, Thank you for bringing Naija one step closer to what we should be. You're worth celebrating.

1 Like

Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 30, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:

True, apples and oranges share the common genre of fruit. But apples and oranges have different tastes, the comparison of religion and science is like that. Religion has certain beliefs that science doesn't have, and science claims that most religious beliefs are "unproven."

Your writing evokes a level of intelligence, but I feel your believe in Religion is based on inherent dogma. In the end, science has done more to the world's advancement than religion will ever do. Religion truthfully has no proofs of most of the inherited, yet unproven theories. Apologies if what am about to state below is within the creeds of what you term "Abomination", Please burn not my embassies!!! Religion has made several statements that it has no proof of a possibility; In Christianity; Mary, the mother of our Lord Jesus, was 'impregnated' by the Holy Ghost. Was there penetration and sperm fertilizing the egg ? If not, Was the 'Spirit' that impregnated <Mary> Humanoid ? No religion nor even science can prove the possibility of such 'miraculous' birth. Another is 'resurrection' and 'ascension' of Jesus Christ. My question is not a doubt, but a quest for knowledge." With which body, did Jesus ascend, and to which of the heavens ? I am sorry to ask these questions, but I guess I asked my mum these questions and all she told me decades ago was, "God, works in a miraculous way' and surprisingly, the Jehovah witness guy I met a couple of days ago, responded to the same question the same way. Meaning that the response to religious queries, over decades remain the same. With Religion, nothing changes, every dogma remains the same. But yet, we are told that "change is the only constant thing', so if religion is not changing, it therefore means that, Religion is not subject to change, and has no answers to the questions we field. Hence it is in my opinion, a grand superstition with a grand spirito-political dimension. Peace~!

1 Like

Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by SunTzu(m): 6:59pm On Sep 30, 2012
Nigeria - sad

Apart from everyone knowing our Music around the world, nothing much really.

NIGERIA = YOLO
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by saudatu(m): 7:00pm On Sep 30, 2012
ikeyman00: @@@@@

the yaribas coupled with their aboki cohort has maintained severe tribalism which hinders a lot of progress the igbo are ready to make for the good of the country

100,000,000 like including ileke
Guy, get sense and grow up!
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Gen2jaynee: 7:01pm On Sep 30, 2012
Follow dis www.google.com
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Everest9(m): 7:03pm On Sep 30, 2012
nothing som far
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Sep 30, 2012
abifoluwa: really tho? u knw, u re a billyonaire, no be everybody get money like u, there are people in naija that still feel intimidated by a white man, heck they call us names like black monkey, talk for yaself sha, not for others
Apologia!
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 7:06pm On Sep 30, 2012
Billyonaire:

Your writing evokes a level of intelligence, but I feel your believe in Religion is based on inherent dogma. In the end, science has done more to the world's advancement than religion will ever do. Religion truthfully has no proofs of most of the inherited, yet unproven theories. Apologies if what am about to state below is within the creeds of what you term "Abomination", Please burn not my embassies!!! Religion has made several statements that it has no proof of a possibility; In Christianity; Mary, the mother of our Lord Jesus, was 'impregnated' by the Holy Ghost. Was there penetration and sperm fertilizing the egg ? If not, Was the 'Spirit' that impregnated <Mary> Humanoid ? No religion nor even science can prove the possibility of such 'miraculous' birth. Another is 'resurrection' and 'ascension' of Jesus Christ. My question is not a doubt, but a quest for knowledge." With which body, did Jesus ascend, and to which of the heavens ? I am sorry to ask these questions, but I guess I asked my mum these questions and all she told me decades ago was, "God, works in a miraculous way' and surprisingly, the Jehovah witness guy I met a couple of days ago, responded to the same question the same way. Meaning that the response to religious queries, over decades remain the same. With Religion, nothing changes, every dogma remains the same. But yet, we are told that "change is the only constant thing', so if religion is not changing, it therefore means that, Religion is not subject to change, and has no answers to the questions we field. Hence it is in my opinion, a grand superstition with a grand spirito-political dimension. Peace~!

Ok I think we are getting biased here, Respect my views by not questioning the reasons why I believe in what I believe in and I also would respect your views and not ask why you feel/believe that way. Topicality is the keyword here, lets stay on topic. I am not a big fan of arguing about religion and science, they are too complex and complicated to go into. If you don't understand religion then that's fine, but don't try to impose your views on me and I wouldn't do the same. smiley
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by chucky234(m): 7:07pm On Sep 30, 2012
Billyonaire: Do you believe your cousin? cos if you do and both of you are Nigerians, then invariably, both of you are children, no, Citizens of a Fool. I beg to differ, Nigeria is one of the youngest, yet most enterprising countries. Look at Liberia, the oldest country to gain Independence. Look, Read and Learn and stop being silly.
This your Nigeria is young theory is making me sick,Malaysia,Singapore,South Africa,Slovenia and Slovekia are also young but can you compare Nigeria those countries in terms of economic development.
Many young countries out there who don't have half of the natural resources we have as a countries are far ahead of us and you are sitting in your damn house with the mind set that Nigeria will be better at 100.
Go take a good at what America was at 52yrs before you dumbly compare Nigeria at 52yrs to America at 52yrsd,Nigeria will even be worst at 100 if we don't change our general perception of things and take drastic action to correct our numerous mistakes.
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by LordBabs(m): 7:09pm On Sep 30, 2012
gboss4sure: and our lunatic cbn governor wants to convert 50 naira to coins so that if I go for a wedding I will use the coins to break peoples head.
u just made my day. . .LMAO!
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 30, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:

Ok I think we are getting biased here, Respect my views by not questioning the reasons why I believe in what I believe in and I also would respect your views and not ask why you feel/believe that way. Topicality is the keyword here, lets stay on topic. I am not a big fan of arguing about religion and science, they are too complex and complicated to go into. If you don't understand religion then that's fine, but don't try to impose your views on me and I wouldn't do the same. smiley
I understood that religion and science are a bit complex for you. But I dedicated a great part of my time studying both, because I believe nothing is beyond a man. About the thread, Nigeria has done great at 52. We have been able to come out of the Civil war, we also came out of Military Dictatorship, something that plunge many countries into chaos. Nigeria is doing really great, and every hardworking Nigerian is reaping the fruits of their labour in ten-folds, except the lazy ones, who without skills want the Government to do everything for them.
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by eprynce(m): 7:11pm On Sep 30, 2012
We started off as a country of about 23 million hopeful people....Today, we are a fragmented country of about 170 million disillusioned and hopeless people...THAT IS WHAT NIGERIA HAS BEEN ABLE TO ACHIEVE IN 52 SICKENING YEARS!!! shocked
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by OilCabal: 7:14pm On Sep 30, 2012
Nigeria my home and land.....I am forever loyal to you. LONG LIVE THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA...PS: if you no like naija park ur load go malawi i hear say dem dey give free visaaaaa..... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 30, 2012
ehie: Lie Mister ,Europe did not get to where it is due to religion,but tru science,and the industrial revultion,slave trade was abolished in part because new technology ...na wa oh,u read history upside down

You are very correct. Infact, the catholic church oppressed and killed early days scientists in Europe cos they believed It's findings were contrary to the bible. Hence the scientists started forming different secret societies like illuminati and freemason to protect themselves.
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 30, 2012
chucky234: This your Nigeria is young theory is making me sick,Malaysia,Singapore,South Africa,Slovenia and Slovekia are also young but can you compare Nigeria those countries in terms of economic development.
Many young countries out there who don't have half of the natural resources we have as a countries are far ahead of us and you are sitting in your damn house with the mind set that Nigeria will be better at 100.
Go take a good at what America was at 52yrs before you dumbly compare Nigeria at 52yrs to America at 52yrsd,Nigeria will even be worst at 100 if we don't change our general perception of things and take drastic action to correct our numerous mistakes.
If we have up to 10 million people with your mentality in Nigeria, we will not go anywhere at 100. Because, people like you pay no tax, contributes nothing ideologically to help augment the status of Nigeria's social and economic status except for tribal upper-cuts and blind criticism. Faith, hope and positivism cost nothing, but you still cant afford them. If I ask you just one suggestion you have for the Presidency to help improve Nigeria, I am sure you will keep the blame game on and on and on, now you descend on me with jabs about my person instead of the discourse on thread. I guess I just paid you back in your very 1naira coin.
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 30, 2012
Billyonaire: Have you paid your Tax ?
grin Democracy ooo Democracy *(with teju babyface voice)
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by kraftyiyk: 7:26pm On Sep 30, 2012
MENOPAUSE!!!, dat's wat a woman achieves @52!, n since Nigeria is yet to bear any meaningfull fruit up till dis period, NO HOPE! .....no wonder my IGBO fada's n 4fadas forsaw dis n tried to disinbark 4rm a ship dat seemed destined fr DOOM....mcheeeeeewww...i hiss in IGBO..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Hate Speech: Lai Mohammed Says Online Media Will Start Paying 5M Naira Fine / Okonjo-Iweala Explains Buhari’s Role In Her WTO Election Win / Shehu Sani Adopts 60 Orphans, Sends 2 To China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.