Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? (17933 Views)

What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? / June 12 Annulment: How Has Nigeria Fared? / What Have Niger Delta States Achieved So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 30, 2012
Nigeria, a blessed Nation of the Green and White Flag.
Achievements:
1. Home of the Highest numbers of Billionaires in Africa
2. Home of the Richest African
3. Home of Highest Internet Density in Africa
4. Paradigm of Best Economic Czars in Africa
5. Most Populous Black Nation
6. Home of Second most expensive Hotels in the World (we live expensive)
7. Home of the 150 Private jet owners, second only to USA
8. Home of a Nobel Laurette
Nigeria, myHome, myCountry, Happy BDay to the country of myBirth.

7 Likes

Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 30, 2012
Nigeria as a country has underachieved - but Nigerians have also underachieved...

We 'make' the country, so if the country is a failure, then Nigerians are also a 'failure' collectively...

We've all failed Nigeria!!

3 Likes

Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Emrey: 4:30pm On Sep 30, 2012
ifeci: instability, high inflation, outrageous unemployment rate, valueless currency, insecurity, corruption at its peak...so many achievements my broda, so many...

Ure a badt guy
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 4:30pm On Sep 30, 2012
shymexx: Nigeria as a country has underachieved - but Nigerians have also underachieved...

We 'make' the country, so if the country is a failure, then Nigerians are also a 'failure' collectively...

We've all failed Nigeria!!

^^^ You for one have contribute nothing to this country, so you shouldn't be talking. undecided Just a thought.

1 Like

Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by sizzlers(m): 4:30pm On Sep 30, 2012
In as much as we have problems and unrealistics visions in this country caused by our vile polytical class, we still have some reasons to appreciate God for our country though there re no much progress but we re still better than most other african countries. We are heading somewhere that's all i know, things we dont use to hear before are now making headlines, as far as africa is concern, we are the DON no wonder the west wanted to tear us apart. If only we can stay together, if only we can have a common goal in no distant time Nigeria will stand out among nations. Am proud once again to be a 9igerian. Good people grt nation.
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 30, 2012
We have achieved a retardeen president who has no ink of what to do,except to give surprises on memorable days,only God know what he will bring tomorrow.#waiting#
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 30, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:

^^^ You for one have contribute nothing to this country, so you shouldn't be talking. undecided Just a thought.

How do you mean I haven't contributed anything to the country?? I've a father that fought to keep the country together... A late grandfather that was one of the people who helped build some of the monumental infrastructures in Lagos in the late 70s...

What have you contributed to Nigeria? - I'll list mine, if you list yours.. undecided undecided
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Bunchersstab(m): 4:34pm On Sep 30, 2012
Poverty,subsidy remover'boko haram,5000 naira note, subsidy scam,
Flood, election malpractice,kidnapping etc.
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Ramcie(f): 4:34pm On Sep 30, 2012
Nigeria has been able to get to the age of 52 without dividing that's an achievement for me. As for major achievements that would impact positively on the lives of its citizenry, forget that side. undecided
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Goldieluks: 4:35pm On Sep 30, 2012
Nigeria has achieved failure on all angle.
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Iaz93: 4:36pm On Sep 30, 2012
SimonAndal: Don't worry your little heads, we'll set up a committee to look into it, and then feed you bogus figures, you gullible sheep! Bwahahahaha!

smh...!!
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 4:36pm On Sep 30, 2012
shymexx:

How do you mean I haven't contributed anything to the country?? I've a father that fought to keep the country together... A late grandfather that was one of the people who helped build some of the monumental infrastructures in Lagos in the late 70s...

What have you contributed to Nigeria? - I'll list mine, if you list yours.. undecided undecided

You see, this is what I was talking about. It is your father and grandfather that contributed. What have you personally done for the country Nigeria?? You, Not your mother, father, grandfather, great grandmother, siblings e.t.c but you, other than come to nairaland and criticize the economy.
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by oladayo042: 4:37pm On Sep 30, 2012
We've achieved new feats in corruption. That one neva do?
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Sircuba: 4:38pm On Sep 30, 2012
Only JTF is workin so far.

1 Like

Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Adufaye(m): 4:39pm On Sep 30, 2012
miss 9ja: Sorry guys, I'm new here
u wlcum on board.....nyc username lol
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Iaz93: 4:39pm On Sep 30, 2012
shymexx:

lwkmd...abeg list 'em
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Kachi188(m): 4:41pm On Sep 30, 2012
D journey to d promised land for naija is dat of a 1000miles, d gud tin is dat we have started walking...i'm confident we would get there sumday, i just pray its sooner rather than never..

1 Like

Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by indoorlove(m): 4:42pm On Sep 30, 2012
mankand:

What progress have you Yigbos made for Nigeria?
Nothing..
In Malaysia, China, Singapore, Pakistan, India, Saudi Arabia, Thailand few to mention Several Nigerians are on either life Jail or Death Row for several Drug Offences
Even In Nigeria here your brothers are still caught for Drug Offences

You Yigboos have done no good for Nigeria other than Disgrace.

Thank God I am not a Yigbo Man
you and your friend that coment earlier are seriously craving for attention.... Unfortunately, nairalanders are not ready to give it to you both....#SMH#
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by eelvismd(m): 4:44pm On Sep 30, 2012
Ikengawo:
I'm taking note of the names of the people saying insane things on this thread so i can ignore them in the future.
How can you say Nigeria has achieved nothing if we have satelites in space, and noble prize winners.
Some of the people on here don't really have opinions, they just say the loudest craziest thing possible so that people will pay attention to them
you guys aren't people

satelite that was packaged and launched for you by others and which you cannot operate on your own without foreign assistance. You must be joking if that is all you can say to justify your thinking of Nigeria making progress when the contrary is obvious to everyone.
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 30, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:
You see, this is what I was talking about. It is your father and grandfather that contributed. What have you personally done for the country Nigeria?? You, Not your mother, father, grandfather, great grandmother siblings e.t.c but you, other than come to nairaland and criticize the economy.

I'm out here educating young Nigerians about the essence of being a Nigerian, and how can help our country in future... I've got a decent networking thing out here about educating foreign born Nigerians about their Nigerian-ness...

I contribute in my own little way to fight against Western imperialism/extreme capitalism agenda against Nigeria/Africa...

Right now, I'm too young to have any impact on the way things are in Nigeria and I don't live in Nigeria - but I've got a couple of extended family members who live in Nigeria and I help them in setting up business ventures etc.. That indirectly contributes to Nigeria's GDP...

However, I've got different things mapped out for Nigeria in my field(infotech), and I'll unleash them in the next couple of years...

What have you contributed to Nigeria
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by afrikanns: 4:47pm On Sep 30, 2012
1.More hunger 2.More suffering 3. Insecurity 4. Instability of Government 5. More Hatred 6. Laisser faire of Government to her follower 7. Non challant attitude of Gov. 8.Worst Gov. dt av ever withnessed so far.
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by miss9ja(f): 4:58pm On Sep 30, 2012
Adufaye: u wlcum on board.....nyc username lol

Lol thanx
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 5:00pm On Sep 30, 2012
shymexx:

I'm out here educating young Nigerians about the essence of being a Nigerian, and how can help our country in future... I've got a decent networking thing out here about educating foreign being Nigerians about their Nigerian-ness...

I contribute in my own little way to fight against Western imperialism/extreme capitalism agenda against Nigeria/Africa...

Right now, I'm too young to have any impact on the way things are in Nigeria and I don't live in Nigeria - but I've got a couple of extended family members who live in Nigeria and I help them in setting up business ventures etc.. That indirectly contributes to Nigeria's GDP...

However, I've got different things mapped out for Nigeria in my field(infotech), and I'll unleash them in the next couple of years...

What have you contributed to Nigeria

Ok let me just take the time and address the bolded, and say you are never too young to have an impact or make a contribution in the world.

So with that said and done, I will list my contributions

- I helped set up an african student organization in my high school before I graduated, and we helped raise money for impoverished children in africa including Nigeria.

- I am currently an active member of an organization name buildOn, this club helps make an impact in the world, by building schools in developing nations and educating young people and I am stressing that they go to nigeria next year or another year from then.

-I was the vice president of the african student association at my university, before I graduated and moved on to doing something better. And we use to collect clothes, shoes and raise funds for children in nigeria and other african countries who needed it the most.

And my plan for the future is to open public hospitals in Nigeria, with good and modern equipments and filled with educated and talented doctors that nigeria as to offer.

My path to contributing to nigeria is a lifetime journey that I am dedicated to achieve. So Nigerians are not "failures" or have not failed nigeria but are still working and planning to make the country better, even if you don't see it now its going to show in the future.

3 Likes

Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by babamu123(m): 5:01pm On Sep 30, 2012
We have achieve failure all thru...heading towards evolution..
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by BlackBaron: 5:03pm On Sep 30, 2012
One of the most unequal societies, corrupt to the bones, criminals in the South, religious fanatics and murderers in the North, a not so positive world renowned reputation.

Need I go on...
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Emmy9ite(m): 5:03pm On Sep 30, 2012
miss 9ja: Emmy thanks
you welcome dear
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Iaz93: 5:05pm On Sep 30, 2012
miss 9ja: Sorry guys, I'm new here

welcome sweedy
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Ndjones(m): 5:05pm On Sep 30, 2012
omiobo: I dont see nigeria of today,i see nigeria of tomorrow by faith.
Nigeria shall be a great Nation
God Bless u
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by decrox199(m): 5:06pm On Sep 30, 2012
I alws wish ds country can b re-colonized again...
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Emmy9ite(m): 5:06pm On Sep 30, 2012
Its time to delete the national cake mentality, how can you eat a cake u didnt bake. Bake your own cake today and share wif other 9jirians!

1 Like

Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by minudus: 5:09pm On Sep 30, 2012
Ask Mr President And His Cabal..
Re: What Has Nigeria Achieved So Far? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 30, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:
Ok let me just take the time and address the bolded, and say you are never to young to have an impact or make a contribution in the world.

So with that said and done, I will list my contributions

- I helped set up an african student organization in my high school before I graduated, and we helped raise money for impoverished children in africa including Nigeria.

- I am currently an active member of a club name buildOn, this club helps make an impact in the world, by building schools in developing nations and educating young people and I am stressing that they go to nigeria or another year from then.

-I was the vice president of the african student association at my university, before I graduated and moved on to doing something better. And we use to collect clothes, shoes and raise funds for children in nigeria who needed it the most.

And my plan for the future is to open a public hospital in Nigeria, with good and modern equipments and filled with educated and talented doctors that nigeria as to offer.

My path to contributing to nigeria is a lifetime journey that I am dedicated to achieve. So Nigerians are not "failures" or have not failed nigeria but are still working and planning to make the country better, even if you don't see it now its going to show in the future.

When I said, "I was too young to have an IMPACT on the way things are" - I meant, I don't have the resources and the 'political' power to effect the necessary changes to move Nigeria to where it rightfully belongs in the world...

Donations and giving money to the poor is a good thing, but Nigeria/Africa needs more than that... It's like giving people 'fishes', instead of teaching them the process of fishing... Yours would make a temporary impact in the short-run, what about the long-run/permanent/futuristic agendas?? We as Nigerians need to be proactive, and effect changes from the foundation, not just FACELIFTS...

We need to re-educate our people on who they're and to fight for what rightful belongs to them... That's my path to helping Nigeria...

I reiterate, if Nigeria is a 'failure' - Nigerians are also a 'failure' collectively... We've failed our country, we don't have an identity, and we've allowed corruption, nepotism, lack of foresight, inability to move out of our comfort zone, lack of sense of responsibility, intellectual laziness, and tribalism blindfold our sense of reasoning/humanity...

I'm guilty as well!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ochereome Nnanna Apologizes To Yoruba Nation / Hope Rises For Ambode As Buhari, Govs Resolve Rift / Only 135 Of 12,000 Borno State Workers Turnout To Welcome New Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.