Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,464 members, 7,812,414 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

The Real Nigerian Housewives Of The United Kingdom! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Real Nigerian Housewives Of The United Kingdom! (14705 Views)

The Real Housewives Of Atlanta. / Real Nigerian Housewives Of UK: Prevent Skin Bleaching Affecting Children / The Real Housewives Of Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Nigerian Housewives Of The United Kingdom! by 9ja4us: 11:55am On Oct 08, 2012
Hi,

My candid advice is to take this one step at a time.
Don't do too many features... most individuals prefer to focus when they are on a website and gain from content.
Than having a lot of pages that will read... Under construction.

My cents!

Good job anyway.
Re: The Real Nigerian Housewives Of The United Kingdom! by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 08, 2012
coogar:

so your association does not include men and single women? good luck on that then! we don't need a male brother group - men do that on a weekly basis @ the various local pubs when football is on the tube!

Ah, Simply said. cheesy

@OP Nice Idea, Wish you all the best.
Re: The Real Nigerian Housewives Of The United Kingdom! by Bunchersstab(m): 1:11pm On Oct 08, 2012
08035052901 call me if u have interest
National association of Nigerian boyfriend [NANB]
Meeting will hold soon.
Re: The Real Nigerian Housewives Of The United Kingdom! by pssword: 2:02pm On Oct 08, 2012
How about 46+ women are there too old?
Re: The Real Nigerian Housewives Of The United Kingdom! by InvertedHammer: 2:54pm On Oct 08, 2012
SOunds like a good idea...I hope you will not turn into militant feminists! grin

1 Like

Re: The Real Nigerian Housewives Of The United Kingdom! by omogemi: 4:01pm On Oct 08, 2012
Its a good concept. . Is it also open to nigerian women not living in UK? Also i ll lyk u to include fundraising for charities: children with special needs, motherless homes, old peoples home, people living with Hiv/AIDS e.t.c. . . It can be done once or twice a year. . .that is when u v kickd off after some years nt imm. . Just take it a step @ a tym n God ll c u thru.
Re: The Real Nigerian Housewives Of The United Kingdom! by QueenAw(f): 4:11pm On Oct 08, 2012
Ella, nice concept. You should have a section for your married Nigeria based sisters too! At least I can write/contribute from Lagos Nigeria. & we visit the u.k at least once a yr-during the summer. We could all hook up then. & when you guys come to Nigeria too, you have sisters to host you.. Give it a thought dear. X
Re: The Real Nigerian Housewives Of The United Kingdom! by ell77(f): 4:12pm On Oct 08, 2012
naijababe:

Rocking idea. Any plans to do anything up in Scotland

Can help with travel.

I am based in south east England (London/Essex). But this is for the whole UK, so yes please!!! grin
Re: The Real Nigerian Housewives Of The United Kingdom! by ell77(f): 4:17pm On Oct 08, 2012
9ja4us: Hi,

My candid advice is to take this one step at a time.
Don't do too many features... most individuals prefer to focus when they are on a website and gain from content.
Than having a lot of pages that will read... Under construction.

My cents!

Good job anyway.

Yes I think your right. The blog posted is actually under construction. I had 2 options:

1) Make my own blog following my own interests and opinions and being one page - posting whatever I like from time to time .
2) Creating a sort of social forum where wives and mothers in the UK of Nigerian heritage could come together and share opinions and interests and meet up through social activities also.

I chose the latter. Unfortunately, this means a whole lot more work and organizing and coordinating is needed. But I am happy to do so as I think the end result will be great. It means I am not deciding the content on my own but I am heavily involving all of you so that it is something you liek and appreciate because it was for you and by you. There are some pages up now that are just things I thought of at the time and decided to share so that something would be there but it is in the concept stage to say the least! lol.

So please bear with me!!! lipsrsealed wink
Re: The Real Nigerian Housewives Of The United Kingdom! by ell77(f): 4:23pm On Oct 08, 2012
pssword: How about 46+ women are there too old?

This is really just a description of the type of people I would think have interest in this site and the social activities. If it was a country club someday definitely not there would be no minimum or maximum age, but for following blogs, going out etc I felt there should be a target group and thus 25 - 45 was chosen.

But just like I have said this blog is for you and by you. In real life I find it sometimes even easier to converse with people in their fourties and fifties namely my sisters in law and cousins so I personally would love them to be involved, do you think it would be the same market for the blog and social activities for under 45's and over 45's? If so what age should we start and stop at or should there be any age mentioned at all? What are the sort of things we could share with each other?

Your opinions please? smiley
Re: The Real Nigerian Housewives Of The United Kingdom! by ell77(f): 4:25pm On Oct 08, 2012
InvertedHammer:

SOunds like a good idea...I hope you will not turn into militant feminists! grin

Lol. No in fact I hope the opposite is true. We would help each other by reaffirming each others value as wives and mothers and would assist each other in the tools necessary to carry this out, from cooking, to budgeting, to home tuition, to playdates with children and more. It is also just a way to make friends with other Nigerian mums in the UK!
Re: The Real Nigerian Housewives Of The United Kingdom! by ell77(f): 4:33pm On Oct 08, 2012
omogemi: Its a good concept. . Is it also open to nigerian women not living in UK? Also i ll lyk u to include fundraising for charities: children with special needs, motherless homes, old peoples home, people living with Hiv/AIDS e.t.c. . . It can be done once or twice a year. . .that is when u v kickd off after some years nt imm. . Just take it a step @ a tym n God ll c u thru.

Hi my dear, primarily based for those in the UK as there are already sites like Lagosmums.com. However, I believe we are all sisters and personally believe we could benefit from such friendships i.e. lets say a member in UK visits Nigeria or relocates permanently then they would already know a lot about where they are going or could meet up with those in Nigeria and of course vice versa. So I would definitely be for adding functionality for those based in Nigeria to see the flip of the coin.

Regarding charities; I have already said I am all for orphanages/motherless homes. This is one of my dreams to be able to help such children in a really powerful way and would be interested in suitable charities that all our members would love to fundraise for so yes I'm down with that sister! God will see US through! smiley Amen

QueenAw: Ella, nice concept. You should have a section for your married Nigeria based sisters too! At least I can write/contribute from Lagos Nigeria. & we visit the u.k at least once a yr-during the summer. We could all hook up then. & when you guys come to Nigeria too, you have sisters to host you.. Give it a thought dear. X

Yes we could have summer and Christmas events perhaps?? I think those are frequent times people come down right? I will add this in, I think it is of value and really would like there to be a connection.
Re: The Real Nigerian Housewives Of The United Kingdom! by ell77(f): 4:55pm On Oct 08, 2012
Anyone interested in writing please email me or fill in the survey and don't forget your contact details with your name:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/59Z5C2Y

This will really help me focus the blog and any upcoming events.

Of course [size=16pt]Christmas [/size]is coming up and I know in UK celebrations are nothing like as elevating and unifying as those in Naija. One thing I have been thinking is how to incorporate some unity into a celebration in the UK. Not on Christmas day of course as it would be good to be with your family or visiting personal fam/friends at this time but in the days before/after perhaps. Who is game for organising this social. It could be small at first as obviously still trying to get things in order.

Some concepts for now:
- Every family bring a dish and a label and photo to be taken!? (General food and drinks provided by event organiser)
- Parents to get kids to start a Christmas youth committee to organise entertainment (singing, dancing, comedy, DJ)
- Academic/intellectual competitions to be organised to encourage kids to be successful in school with prizes to be won like electronics/money
- Fashion shows
- Kiddie corner with fun, games and supervision to give adults alone time if required at some pint during the event i.e. like for one hour
- Auctions for charity (after people have made donations of food, artwork, cakes, old toys, books etc)

All or none of these ideas could be used and the event itself probably wont happen given the time constraints but these are some of the ideas I envisage for the future which will be big socials and fundraisers. It would be nice for it to be as relaxing as possible though. There will also be smaller get togethers more regularly. I NEED HELP PEOPLE! Please before I faint I'm getting overexcited, I need an intervention! lol.
Re: The Real Nigerian Housewives Of The United Kingdom! by Nickydrake(m): 5:19pm On Oct 08, 2012
coogar: can the men join this group? grin cheesy grin a lot of uk based nigerian women in the 25-45 age group are bored and they need some sorta companionship! what do you say?

When i read the bolded part i thought for a second the next statement was going to be;
A lot of UK-based Nigerian women in the 25-45 age group are... men
grin

I apologise for the digression. cheesy
Re: The Real Nigerian Housewives Of The United Kingdom! by ell77(f): 6:05pm On Oct 08, 2012
Na wa for some men on this forum who are just posting for the sake of posting something! Some of the comments? As if I did not post this in the family section of Narialand! I tire lipsrsealed undecided

[size=14pt]Anyways...[/size]
Efemena_xy
chaircover
Ivynwa
QueenAw
omogemi
9ja4us
naijababe
survey respondents
and others I may have mistakenly missed out

[size=18pt]Thank you [/size]all for your contributions you have really helped no doubt. So far I have had 368 views and it is because of all of you:
Here is the breakdown of pageviews:

United Kingdom - 197
Nigeria - 84
United States - 40
Germany - 17
Canada - 10
Netherlands - 6
France - 5
United Arab Emirates - 3
Spain - 3
Ghana - 3

Please join the blog by becoming a member and/or follower!

I need more of your input and I am sure the readers would love to hear from you, they are currently viewing as they are interested in the title and proposed content but the content still needs bulking to thrill and delight them! grin Don't worry this is not the final format/layout of the blog. It is evolving as I get your inputs. It seems we have a lot followers in the USA and Nigeria so would be happy to hear from you too:
http://realnaijwife..co.uk/p/across-atlantic.html

Thanks

Ella
Re: The Real Nigerian Housewives Of The United Kingdom! by Omoboy(m): 8:19pm On Oct 08, 2012
I hope this is not a way of recruiting London Nigerian housewives as lesbians.

1 Like

Re: The Real Nigerian Housewives Of The United Kingdom! by Rossikk(m): 8:58pm On Oct 08, 2012
Una get time o. undecided
Re: The Real Nigerian Housewives Of The United Kingdom! by ell77(f): 9:09pm On Oct 08, 2012
Omoboy: I hope this is not a way of recruiting London Nigerian housewives as lesbians.

Na wa for u o! shocked

Rossikk: Una get time o. undecided

You wey post here nko? No be time u take read and time u take post! Actually most wives and mothers get less time than others that's why this blog should help consolidate items into one area that are of interest to them!
Re: The Real Nigerian Housewives Of The United Kingdom! by BUSHMAN1: 1:32pm On Oct 09, 2012
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy so no beer, wine or smoke how boring? incase you have no idea a lot of naija housewives in the UK drink a lot of stella beer..anyway clears throat.. whats your take on young black kids (born of nigerian single/married mothers) stabbing themselves should their mothers be blaimed for their bad upbringing?
Re: The Real Nigerian Housewives Of The United Kingdom! by BUSHMAN1: 1:36pm On Oct 09, 2012
ell77:

Na wa for u o! shocked

You wey post here nko? No be time u take read and time u take post! Actually most wives and mothers get less time than others that's why this blog should help consolidate items into one area that are of interest to them!
whats the matter you dont like nigerian lesbian women?
Re: The Real Nigerian Housewives Of The United Kingdom! by ell77(f): 4:20pm On Oct 09, 2012
Money! What can we learn from our sisters in Nigeria?

I was searching the web for different budgeting tools as I like to plan and prepare for the future of my family like all good wives and mothers. I found it quite interesting to see one posted by LagosMums.com.

This is the first of a series of threads where we are going to run through some of the common sources of income and expenses in Nigeria and see what we can learn from them...For the rest of this article click here:

http://realnaijwife..co.uk/2012/10/money-what-can-we-learn-from-our.html#links
Re: The Real Nigerian Housewives Of The United Kingdom! by ell77(f): 4:52pm On Oct 09, 2012
Join our facebook group: http://www./270373543065413/
Re: The Real Nigerian Housewives Of The United Kingdom! by lastpage: 7:23pm On Oct 12, 2012
Here we go again! shocked shocked shocked

Sounds like another "Good" CULT is about to be born?

"Good" company spoils "Bad" behavior! wink

Ouch, did l make a mistake there?

Make una carry go joor, na today?

Lastpage!
Re: The Real Nigerian Housewives Of The United Kingdom! by ell77(f): 11:59pm On Oct 13, 2012
I really wonder why some people are in the family section of this forum

Anyway!!!

[size=18pt]Socials Socials Socials!![/size]
Hi Ladies,

So its that time of year again and with only 72 days left 'til Christmas, you may be thinking Christmas has come fast this year!?

So what are you going to do to make this Christmas day special for you and your family?

Well based on the feedback from our survey we now have 3 socials planned and all we need are guests!

FIRST: FREE SPA/MAKEOVER (24th November 2012 provisional) . . .
SECOND: COOKING FOR THE CHRISTMAS GBEDU!(1st December 2012 provisional). . .
THIRD: MAKING MONEY FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY (husbands/fiances and kids welcome date TBC) . . .

Please see here for details:
http://realnaijwife..co.uk/2012/10/socials-socials-socials.html
Re: The Real Nigerian Housewives Of The United Kingdom! by Johndoe100(m): 1:15am On Oct 14, 2012
This is a wonderful idea, just be sure to tell all the "gushing members" how much you stand to make when the blog gets traction and you start to sell advert space. By the way getting the mugus members to build content that others have to pay up to $40 per article to writers to create is a wonderful idea. Are you going to pay them for the content? Will they own the copywrite to the content or you get that for free as well?

They are naive, not all of us are.
Re: The Real Nigerian Housewives Of The United Kingdom! by ell77(f): 12:38pm On Oct 14, 2012
Johndoe100: This is a wonderful idea, just be sure to tell all the "gushing members" how much you stand to make when the blog gets traction and you start to sell advert space. By the way getting the mugus members to build content that others have to pay up to $40 per article to writers to create is a wonderful idea. Are you going to pay them for the content? Will they own the copywrite to the content or you get that for free as well?

They are naive, not all of us are.

Wow.

I really am surprised at some people. First of all this is on the family section and is aimed at wives and mothers so I don't expect men to be posting here. If you feel like you are excluded or left out I am sorry but looking at some of your signatures i.e. Johndoe100's "If God wanted all women to be happy he would have made all men like me", it looks like you don't want women to be happy anyway.

If you upload a video on youtube do they pay you or drag copyright with you? If you post an entry about your business on wikipedia again, do they pay you or fight for copyrights?

Ok bros. Nairaland, this forum, this thread, wey you post for na, dem pay you to do so? Cos dem no pay me oh! Dem drag copyright with you? Cos dem no pay me so o! Case in point! embarassed

The truth of the matter is, I just started this blog on the 2nd of October and I am already populating the blog myself and getting traffic. I can quite confidently populate this entire blog myself as I am not writing about rocket science but about issues I myself face as a wife and mother: I have merely opened it up to others to write also to give my sisters a voice. Nobody is forced to write you can join to read or go to socials only and that is what I expect 99% of viewers to do.

Those that choose to post however, can talk about issues or topic they feel they know well and in doing so provide links to their own personal blogs or advertise their own business or skills. It really is as honest and clear as that. There are many people who stand to profit from advertising their skills free of charge through videos and posts on this blog and just like my fellow youtubers did, they too stand to gain a lot from this. I am happy to help in this way. I am most interested in the socials part myself especially the 3 upcoming ones and if I can post my own business adverts here and it helps market my own business; this is how I personally will benefit too. I encourage others to do the same.
Re: The Real Nigerian Housewives Of The United Kingdom! by ell77(f): 6:11pm On Oct 15, 2012
Hi Ladies,

Following my post, there seems to be a lot more interest in the career/business session, followed by cooking and lastly the DIY spa!

Please let me know your preferences by filling the survey or commenting on the post (events that don't achieve minimum guest numbers by 10th November will be cancelled/rearranged, also please note events will be held in South East England - London/Dagenham):

"Socials Socials Socials!!
Hi Ladies,

So its that time of year again and with only 72 days left 'til Christmas, you may be thinking Christmas has come fast this year!?

So what are you going to do to make this Christmas day special for you and your family?

Well based on the feedback from our survey we now have 3 socials planned and all we need are guests!

FIRST: FREE SPA/MAKEOVER (24th November 2012 provisional) . . .
SECOND: COOKING FOR THE CHRISTMAS GBEDU!(1st December 2012 provisional). . .
THIRD: MAKING MONEY FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY (husbands/fiances and kids welcome. Date TBC) . . ."

Please see here for details and to register your interest:
Re: The Real Nigerian Housewives Of The United Kingdom! by ell77(f): 8:24pm On Oct 15, 2012
My Sisters,

Money! What can we learn from our sisters in Nigeria?

Following on from introduction to "Money! What can we learn from our sisters in Nigeria?", here is the first topic to be addressed. Please let us know your thoughts! You will be pleased to know we have started with income sources:

1. INCOME WHILST YOU WORK:
SALARY
Of course the most popular source of income if you are in the UK is likely to be your salary. In many cases this is the biggest source of income or the only one. I'm going to talk you through 3 general routes to increasing your salary: 1, The Upwards move, 2, The Sidestep and 3, The Doubler!...

as minimum wages are £6.19 per hour, adding morning shifts of 10 hours per week would equate to an extra pre-tax salary of £3.5k per annum, adding weekend sales work of 14 hours per week would add £4.5k per annum. Worth considering even if only for a short term solution right?

SELF-EMPLOYMENT
Self-employment or entrepreneurship can be done alongside a full-time salaried role or in place of it...In the UK we are blessed with an abundance of help, the problem is knowing where the help is and opportunity. You could buy a franchise and banks are often willing to lend because of the proven business models. You could sell Avon products or Usbourne children's books. You could work from home or partner with someone through networking groups. This is an option that is often taken up by our sisters across the Atlantic in good old Naija, being themselves often business-savvy, but even more than this, having the opportunity and networks to grow their businesses well...

BONUSES/COMMISSIONS
Besides the bonuses you can obtain from your salaried employer by hitting targets individually or collectively ... A lot of youtubers do this by reviewing products via video...Door to door sales people earn money doing such selling Sky and earning commissions of £50+. Even if you personally use a service, often a provider of this service will advertise giving you commission to refer others. Find out more...

For the complete article click here:

http://realnaijwife..co.uk/2012/10/money-what-can-we-learn-from-our_15.html
Re: The Real Nigerian Housewives Of The United Kingdom! by BUSHMAN1: 11:01am On Oct 16, 2012
angry angry angry angry angry angry @ell77 oi! is this some kinda feministic thing.if you dont want men posting? it did say "housewives" which from my believe means married to man? husband(man)= housewive(woman)comprende?
Re: The Real Nigerian Housewives Of The United Kingdom! by ell77(f): 3:09pm On Oct 16, 2012
BUSH MAN: angry angry angry angry angry angry @ell77 oi! is this some kinda feministic thing.if you dont want men posting? it did say "housewives" which from my believe means married to man? husband(man)= housewive(woman)comprende?

Well at least you're funny. No this is not feminist, nor lesbian, nor cultist nor anything else negative. It is simply a social group/club for wives and mothers that utilises a blog to share tips and promote ourselves too. Men are welcome to a lot of the social events and constructive advice/inputs will not be shirked at.
Re: The Real Nigerian Housewives Of The United Kingdom! by ell77(f): 8:18pm On Oct 16, 2012
Please men should just put their hands up if they want to join this blog jor your own too much!
Re: The Real Nigerian Housewives Of The United Kingdom! by ell77(f): 9:55pm On Oct 22, 2012
Hi Ladies,

I trust all is well with you, I know this is a busy time of year for many of you if not all of you so I just want to say forget the stress, you will remember the memories you create in the upcoming special moments. I remember being a child and looking forward to this, playing, getting gifts, the lovely dinner, the chance to rest a little. Get your strength to provide an extra special Christmas by remembering the times someone else made this special for you. Imagine giving that to your child(ren) and/or partner. Feeling motivated? I knew you would. Can't wait!!!

Following my post on the socials there seems to be a lot more interest in the career/business session, followed by cooking and lastly the DIY spa! O would like to remind you that although some seem more valuable than others at first glance, none of them will be a waste of your hard time. Please let me know your preferences by filling the survey or commenting on the post and men please forward the details to your spouses (events that don't achieve minimum guest numbers by 10th November will be cancelled/rearranged, also please note events will be held in South East England - London/Dagenham):

"Socials Socials Socials!!
Hi Ladies,

...Based on the feedback from our survey we now have 3 socials planned and all we need are guests!

FIRST: FREE SPA/MAKEOVER AND GELE TYING SESSION (24th November 2012 provisional) . . .
SECOND: COOKING LESSONS FOR THE CHRISTMAS GBEDU!(1st December 2012 provisional). . .
THIRD: SEMINAR ON MAKING MONEY FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY (husbands/fiances and kids welcome. Date TBC) . . ."

Please see here for details and to register your interest:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

After Education, House, Car And Children. What Else Do I Need In Life? / When Love Dies, Will You Stay For The Sake Of Your Children? / My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.