Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,997 members, 7,835,343 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (958024 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by PHRANTAD(m): 7:18am On Dec 21, 2015
temite:

Pease help:

Is applying to the applied science courses still valid that one need to travel for the entrance exam(bachelor level ) in finnland or do they have somewhere in Nigeria for the exam? is it still advisable to push for an applied science university in finnland?

Another thing is I was in a commercial class while in Secondary school,and i would like to study in a university using english language,are there places that can be recommended? ( study type ; business management or international relations or any course that a commercial student can do.) if there are links i will read up on them smiley

Also, is it only in applied science schools they have courses in English or are there other universities where one can study bachelor in English?

About my waec certificate i got a lower grade in economics and i would like to study business administration, does this count to my chance of getting a course in this line?

Thanks alot for your reply in advance

All these questions would surely have answers on the application page of ur intended course of study, the entry requirements would be clearly written and exceptions included too. As for universities having UG courses in English, www.studyinfo.fi website lists all the schools (polytechnics and Universities) having UG and PG courses in English.

My advice
Start the application process by searching for your course, check the requirements and go ahead to apply. Time is far spent

Good luck.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Viktor1983(m): 9:47am On Dec 21, 2015
Great thread....scrolling back to look for info, will come drop a Q if I don't find answers.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by PHRANTAD(m): 9:53am On Dec 21, 2015
Ask your questions, if it has not bn answered before, I'm sure d bosses here wud surely dignify you with an answer.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Growingboi(m): 11:45am On Dec 21, 2015
I said it here before dat NIPOST is a very effective in sending documents. I just tracked my app now and it's already delivered. i sent it 9/12, it left Lagos 10/12, got to Helsinki via Italy to d final destination on 16/12 (7days) as seen below.

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by tobzzy(m): 1:03pm On Dec 21, 2015
Growingboi:
I said it here before dat NIPOST is a very effective in sending documents. I just tracked my app now and it's already delivered. i sent it 9/12, it left Lagos 10/12, got to Helsinki via Italy to d final destination on 16/12 (7days) as seen below.
thats great.. how much do you send with
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by stevemims(m): 2:39pm On Dec 21, 2015
Growingboi:
Which nipost office did you use bro? Can i meet up with jan15th deadline if i send on wednesday? Thanks.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by badoli: 2:56pm On Dec 21, 2015
Hello aos pls can i get admission for master degree wit my HND?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by PHRANTAD(m): 2:57pm On Dec 21, 2015
Growingboi:

Is it registered mail that you used and how much was the cost?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by stillmaticOG(m): 3:48pm On Dec 21, 2015
guys please how do i go about the video that is to be uploaded as part of the application process
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Growingboi(m): 5:39pm On Dec 21, 2015
Na NIPOST Ikeja i use. d woman even cheat me self, she say na 2k5 bt i vess give am 3k. belle con sweet am wella. we con deh torey deh laugh, Na im she con give me tract number and d tracking site. whether na registered mail or nt bt me no tell am anything like register o

make una help me pray for my transcript to get there on time o as i deh send transcripts from two different schools. HND and BSc

Shabi i don answer una questions??

Cc. PHRANTAD, stevemims
tobzzy:
thats great.. how much do you send with
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by stevemims(m): 6:11pm On Dec 21, 2015
Growingboi:
Na NIPOST Ikeja i use. d woman even cheat me self, she say na 2k5 bt i vess give am 3k. belle con sweet am wella. we con deh torey deh laugh, Na im she con give me tract number and d tracking site. whether na registered mail or nt bt me no tell am anything like register o

make una help me pray for my transcript to get there on time o as i deh send transcripts from two different schools. HND and BSc

Cc. PHRANTAD, stevemims
Na one package u send via nipost? Thanks for ur swift response.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Growingboi(m): 7:17pm On Dec 21, 2015
Na two different package bt we latter put them in a bigger envelop cox both of them deh go UAF

stevemims:
Na one package u send via nipost? Thanks for ur swift response.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 21, 2015
Growingboi:
Nothing can be done Except you wanna pay another application fee with different email address cox if u sign in with d previous email n u click on same programme, it will refer u to where u stopped before. i will advise you write a back up letter indicating ur mistakes n the corrections. submit with d app form.

Baba, i hail o. abeg if i pay £100 for applicatiin fee through master card or verve, how much is the amount in naira.thanks bro
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 21, 2015
PHRANTAD:

All these questions would surely have answers on the application page of ur intended course of study, the entry requirements would be clearly written and exceptions included too. As for universities having UG courses in English, www.studyinfo.fi website lists all the schools (polytechnics and Universities) having UG and PG courses in English.

My advice
Start the application process by searching for your course, check the requirements and go ahead to apply. Time is far spent

Good luck.
Baba, i hail o. abeg if i pay £100 for applicatiin fee through master card or verve, how much is the amount in naira.thanks bro
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 21, 2015
michlan:
Hello house,

I sent my documents to Aalto University on the 2nd of December through Nipost. I received acknowledgement from the school on the 10th of December. However, a copy of my international passport and the notarized copy of my certificates were said to be missing and they were part of the packaged documents I sent through nipost. What do you advice I do as only 2 documents are required? Is it advisable to send again through Nipost cos they're cheaper? I sent all the documents earlier for N1,050
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 21, 2015
hakeembee:

I paid though GTB mastercard and I was charged almost 23k. Try to hurry up o cos the application period is fast coming to an end and it will be impossible to do international transactions with your debit card from January according to the new CBN rule.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by stevemims(m): 8:37pm On Dec 21, 2015
Growingboi:
Na two different package bt we latter put them in a bigger envelop cox both of them deh go UAF

Okay.. Thanks.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 10:20pm On Dec 21, 2015
That's good bro,
We are on the same boat,had HND and PGD in computer science so I am sending three transcript, I started sending transcript via nipost registered mail since 19th Nov and a site was given to me to track(www.track-trace.com) from my Aba nipost office but when I tracked,nothing show so I went back and the lady said that maybe the tracking info has been changed in lagos,i paid 670 naira per package,which site you use track yours as UAF never reply me since then
Growingboi:
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Growingboi(m): 11:01pm On Dec 21, 2015
I used www.trackitonline.ru the fee is quite cheap in Aba

frankie2K:
That's good bro,
We are on the same boat,had HND and PGD in computer science so I am sending three transcript, I started sending transcript via nipost registered mail since 19th Nov and a site was given to me to track(www.track-trace.com) from my Aba nipost office but when I tracked,nothing show so I went back and the lady said that maybe the tracking info has been changed in lagos,i paid 670 naira per package,which site you use track yours as UAF never reply me since then
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Growingboi(m): 11:06pm On Dec 21, 2015
yea around 23k and also, try using master card when making payment cox verve is often declined in an international transactions. I v nt been able to use verve in any of my international payments.

hakeembee:
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 12:19am On Dec 22, 2015
frankie2K:
That's good bro,

Sorry for my aproko o....Hope you confirmed from the program coordinator, if you can apply to the Masters program with ur PGD qualification?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Growingboi(m): 5:26am On Dec 22, 2015
Yea i did. though i have Bachelor degree nt PGD.

olabode89:

Sorry for my aproko o....Hope you confirmed from the program coordinator, if you can apply to the Masters program with ur PGD qualification?

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by tobzzy(m): 12:01pm On Dec 22, 2015
Growingboi:

Cc. PHRANTAD, stevemims
yes ooo lol
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by PHRANTAD(m): 1:34pm On Dec 22, 2015
UAF contacted by mail few minutes ago that they recieved my transcript , however they claimed the transcript was not certified by the awarding institution, according to country specific requirement. What do i do Would UAF contact the school themselves or i would have to go back to explain that UAF said they should put the schools' official stamp on the back flap of the envelope. Before they even agreed to label the envelopes with the app number sef na big arguement. They jus made me waste #9,500.
What do i do oooo??
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 3:16pm On Dec 22, 2015
My brother,
UAF dey craze ooooo, I wrote to those universities before applying and they accepted the PGD na just today UAF dey say that my PGD,HND,ND are not eligible for masters application,nawaaaa, make i write the school back sef
Growingboi:

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by temmy2008: 3:23pm On Dec 22, 2015
PHRANTAD:
UAF contacted by mail few minutes ago that they recieved my transcript , however they claimed the transcript was not certified by the awarding institution, according to country specific requirement. What do i do Would UAF contact the school themselves or i would have to go back to explain that UAF said they should put the schools' official stamp on the back flap of the envelope. Before they even agreed to label the envelopes with the app number sef na big arguement. They jus made me waste #9,500.
What do i do oooo??

bro,you have to go back to your school and inform them how UAF wants the transcript to be certified. The good thing is you still have time to make ammends..so hurry up.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Melo11: 3:32pm On Dec 22, 2015
Have heard about Czech education, is Finland better?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 3:32pm On Dec 22, 2015
Growingboi:

I was referring to frankie2K

That was why I was asking @frankie2K because I know they only accept a Bachelors degree for Masters application. Contact the program coordinator ASAP.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Growingboi(m): 4:10pm On Dec 22, 2015
which kind talk b dis? how PGD no deh illegible for masters? Contact d schools asap n let them say their mind.

frankie2K:
My brother,
UAF dey craze ooooo, I wrote to those universities before applying and they accepted the PGD na just today UAF dey say that my PGD,HND,ND are not eligible for masters application,nawaaaa, make i write the school back sef
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Growingboi(m): 4:17pm On Dec 22, 2015
ok boss. Hw every for Tampere n TUT na?

olabode89:

I was referring to frankie2K

That was why I was asking @frankie2K because I know they only accept a Bachelors degree for Masters application. Contact the program coordinator ASAP.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 5:32pm On Dec 22, 2015
Growingboi:
ok boss. Hw every for Tampere n TUT na?

Boss...we dey push am. Tampere make sense wella, very clean and well organized. All of una Wey dey come make una ready for reports, assignments and compensatory tasks o.... I dey Brussels @ the moment o...doing a Eurotour with some of my classmates.

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: Babydaddymateri(m), Maybachmeeky

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.