Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (295) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (951539 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by kanayogod(m): 7:42am On Mar 29, 2019
Osinachi1:

There are two categories of scholarships

Tuition waiver (partial, 80% for some schools e.g UEF) and Fully funded (100% plus living allowance)

You get either of them, not both.

Not correct, some depts/programs in UEF gives both, Chemistry and Photonics I know about[b]

You can be considered for scholarship based on your admission profile. There are usually no specific separate applications for scholarship

https://studyinfo.fi/
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Time2win(m): 8:20pm On Mar 29, 2019
University of Turku released their admission decision today. Some schools are likely to release theirs next week.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by reloaded01(m): 3:24pm On Mar 30, 2019
Time2win:
University of Turku released their admission decision today. Some schools are likely to release theirs next week.
Noted @ Time2win...... Did you apply? or know anyone who applied. If yes, lets know if you or the person(s) got tuition waivers. Gracias!!!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Smartnedu92(m): 3:41pm On Mar 30, 2019
OK thanks bro.
My school is LUT, so any ideas if am going to pay the whole 50% once?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Smartnedu92(m): 3:46pm On Mar 30, 2019
LUT...... Lappenranta university of technology
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Time2win(m): 6:13pm On Mar 30, 2019
reloaded01:
Noted @ Time2win...... Did you apply? or know anyone who applied. If yes, lets know if you or the person(s) got tuition waivers. Gracias!!!

Yes i know someone that applied and got 100% tuition waiver.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Army93: 2:26am On Apr 01, 2019
Please can someone put me through on the number of documents I need to legalize before applying for the residence permit? I got a study offer in Finland. Thank you.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Army93: 2:47am On Apr 01, 2019
Hello. Please what documents did you legalize before applying for rp
Yanganbiwa:

Thank u.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 9:14am On Apr 01, 2019
Army93:
Please can someone put me through on the number of documents I need to legalize before applying for the residence permit? I got a study offer in Finland. Thank you.
No need for that. Just apply for the RP. Which school offered you and did you receive any scholarship?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Time2win(m): 11:37am On Apr 01, 2019
frankie2K:

No need for that. Just apply for the RP. Which school offered you and did you receive any scholarship?

Why is everyone concerned about scholarship? Thought their scholarship is common.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Smartnedu92(m): 12:55pm On Apr 01, 2019
Scholarship is not common my dear..... Some people got 100%, some 50% while some got nothing, meaning they have to pay the full tuition fee.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Army93: 1:11pm On Apr 01, 2019
frankie2K:

Thank you. University of Oulu gave me admission. I was awarded a 75% tuition fee scholarship.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 3:20pm On Apr 01, 2019
Time2win:

Why is everyone concerned about scholarship? Thought their scholarship is common.
Common kee? No think like that oooo. Every year, the number awarded scholarship depreciate so its not easy to be considered oooo
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 3:21pm On Apr 01, 2019
Army93:

Thank you. University of Oulu gave me admission. I was awarded a 75% tuition fee scholarship.
Meaning you pay up 25% prior to applying for RP
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Korlman: 3:28pm On Apr 01, 2019
[quote author=gabriel88 post=74380986]I'm leaving for Finland on 17th January. I need a good hearted person to show me around and some love. Everything is gotten... Permit, Visa.... Quote me and let us relate.

Cheers.brother pls i need a genuine way of getting to Finland, but most preferable, scholarship, pls can you help me out
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Time2win(m): 5:16pm On Apr 01, 2019
frankie2K:

Common kee? No think like that oooo. Every year, the number awarded scholarship depreciate so its not easy to be considered oooo

Hmmm, this is serious. I guess it depends on the program one is attending though.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Army93: 6:22pm On Apr 01, 2019
frankie2K:

Meaning you pay up 25% prior to applying for RP
Yea.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Dude04(m): 8:44pm On Apr 01, 2019
Anyone got admission to Aalto University
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Time2win(m): 11:29pm On Apr 01, 2019
Dude04:
Anyone got admission to Aalto University

Did you get admission there?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by dguyindcorner(m): 5:42pm On Apr 02, 2019
Elders in the house I salute. I want to ask if international students are allowed to study and work in Finland? If yes, what's the probability of getting work over there?

Thanks!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 7:37pm On Apr 02, 2019
dguyindcorner:
Elders in the house I salute. I want to ask if international students are allowed to study and work in Finland? If yes, what's the probability of getting work over there?

Thanks!
Have you been admitted? Have you been issued a RP? If yes, then jet to Suomi and survive like others(not illegal stuffs cos you will be caught). Nobody will answer that question here, at least from experience here
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Time2win(m): 7:39pm On Apr 02, 2019
dguyindcorner:

Thanks!

Excerpt from University of Turku Mail

Thinking of working in Turku part-time? It is possible, but please note that with little knowledge of the Finnish language the options are limited. Many of our students work in jobs not related to their studies, often in the hospitality or cleaning industries. The departments may have a few internships and research assistance positions, but these often go to second year students. So be prepared that finding a job may take a while and the first positions you find may not be in the field you are studying.

5 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by chaiks: 7:42pm On Apr 02, 2019
Time2win:

Excerpt from University of Turku Mail

Thinking of working in Turku part-time? It is possible, but please note that with little knowledge of the Finnish language the options are limited. Many of our students work in jobs not related to their studies, often in the hospitality or cleaning industries. The departments may have a few internships and research assistance positions, but these often go to second year students. So be prepared that finding a job may take a while and the first positions you find may not be in the field you are studying.
if it's not in our feild,no problem. What matters most is that one can easily find something to lay hands on and pick some euro mehn. Please anyone with full tuition waiver and stipend?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Time2win(m): 7:45pm On Apr 02, 2019
chaiks:
if it's not in our feild,no problem. What matters most is that one can easily find something to lay hands on and pick some euro mehn. Please anyone with full tuition waiver and stipend?

I know someone with. Some schools will release their decisions on the 5th of April.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by chaiks: 8:40pm On Apr 02, 2019
Time2win:

I know someone with. Some schools will release their decisions on the 5th of April.
oh that's cool. What's the name of the person's school? I pray it turns out positive for us all.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Time2win(m): 8:49pm On Apr 02, 2019
chaiks:
oh that's cool. What's the name of the person's school? I pray it turns out positive for us all.

The school is Tampere University. Also, someone from University of Turku got 100% scholarship that covers the tuition fees. Which school did you apply to?

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by chaiks: 8:53pm On Apr 02, 2019
Time2win:

The school is Tampere University. Also, someone from University of Turku got 100% scholarship that covers the tuition fees. Which school did you apply to?
abo akademi.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by reloaded01(m): 10:53pm On Apr 02, 2019
Time2win:

I just sent you a mail bro. please, reply ASAP. Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Smartnedu92(m): 9:09am On Apr 03, 2019
The person is lucky to get the fully funded stuff...... I pray we all make it to Finland. Getting to see you all will be a good feeling.

Cheers!!!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Smartnedu92(m): 9:11am On Apr 03, 2019
Are you saying that TUT have released their admission list? Cos am yet to hear from them......
Tell me something brother
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by reloaded01(m): 1:06pm On Apr 03, 2019
Smartnedu92:
Are you saying that TUT have released their admission list? Cos am yet to hear from them......
Tell me something brother
TUT sated it clearly that they will start sending admission mails in mid -April.....
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Time2win(m): 2:30pm On Apr 03, 2019
reloaded01:
TUT sated it clearly that they will start sending admission mails in mid -April.....

Yes. That was the general mail they sent after certified documents were received. You can mail your dept for more updates on your application.

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.