Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,977 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:40 AM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (297) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (950444 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Oblang(m): 10:46am On Apr 09, 2019
Good days guys. Are there any school in finland still offering tuition free?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Time2win(m): 11:30am On Apr 09, 2019
Oblang:
Good days guys. Are there any school in finland still offering tuition free?

None. But you can get 100% scholarship
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Oblang(m): 11:53am On Apr 09, 2019
Time2win:

None. But you can get 100% scholarship

That will be nice. Scholarship from the university or from the another organization...
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Time2win(m): 12:03pm On Apr 09, 2019
Oblang:

That will be nice. Scholarship from the university or from the another organization...

From the universities you applied to.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Investmentfreak: 3:27pm On Apr 09, 2019
How can one get the scholarship??
Time2win:

From the universities you applied to.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Time2win(m): 3:35pm On Apr 09, 2019
Investmentfreak:
How can one get the scholarship??

It comes with the admission. When applying, there is option to select if you are interested in their scholarship offer.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Investmentfreak: 3:37pm On Apr 09, 2019
Time2win:

It comes with the admission. When applying, there is option to select if you are interested in their scholarship offer.

Can someone apply with 1million naira?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Time2win(m): 4:15pm On Apr 09, 2019
Investmentfreak:

Can someone apply with 1million naira?

You need to have 6720€ for living expenses if you are offered 100% scholarship. Unless the school offers you monthly stipend for living expenses, 1 million naira is small.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Investmentfreak: 4:25pm On Apr 09, 2019
Time2win:

You need to have 6720€ for living expenses if you are offered 100% scholarship. Unless the school offers you monthly stipend for living expenses, 1 million naira is small.

Thanks alot
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Demonicide(f): 12:02am On Apr 11, 2019
Time2win:
University of Eastern Finland Admission decision just came in. They offered me 100% tuition waiver plus 6200€ yearly stipend for Master in Research Chemist. Goodluck to others still waiting for offers.
can HND apply for Msc? and again I just got an admit from New Haven, I didn't see any form scholarship. How did you get yours?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Time2win(m): 6:08am On Apr 11, 2019
Demonicide:
can HND apply for Msc? and again I just got an admit from New Haven, I didn't see any form scholarship. How did you get yours?

Most schools in finland doesn't accept HND for masters, only few does e.g LUT. As for UNH scholarship, just accept the admission and give it 1week to 2weeks, then check your portal again for scholarship decision.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Demonicide(f): 11:57am On Apr 11, 2019
Time2win:

Most schools in finland doesn't accept HND for masters, only few does e.g LUT. As for UNH scholarship, just accept the admission and give it 1week to 2weeks, then check your portal again for scholarship decision.
Thanks so much for the information. LUT in full please. Did you write any entrance exam in Kenya for Finland? (I learnt its the norm).

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 12:50pm On Apr 11, 2019
Demonicide:

I was once in your shoes. I had HND and applied. They replied me that they don't accept HND for masters degree. I enrolled into PGD in Nigeria, completed it and reapplied. I was accepted.

Aalto will not admit you even with HND and PGD. Anything less than B.Sc is a red flag for them.

LUT don't accept HND for MSC oooo
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Time2win(m): 12:51pm On Apr 11, 2019
Demonicide:
Thanks so much for the information. LUT in full please. Did you write any entrance exam in Kenya for Finland? (I learnt its the norm).

Lappeenranta-Lahti University of Technology (LUT). For postgraduate studies, you don't need any entrance exam though some schools do conduct interview.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Time2win(m): 12:51pm On Apr 11, 2019
frankie2K:

I was once in your shoes. I had HND and applied. They replied me that they don't accept HND for masters degree. I enrolled into PGD in Nigeria, completed it and reapplied. I was accepted.

Aalto will not admit you even with HND and PGD. Anything less than B.Sc is a red flag for them.

Oh, so it's HND plus PGD. I see
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Demonicide(f): 1:00pm On Apr 11, 2019
frankie2K:

Wht about if I join in 300 level?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Demonicide(f): 1:01pm On Apr 11, 2019
Time2win:

Lappeenranta-Lahti University of Technology (LUT). For postgraduate studies, you don't need any entrance exam though some schools do conduct interview.
thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 1:18pm On Apr 11, 2019
Demonicide:

Don't work like that in Finland
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 1:22pm On Apr 11, 2019
Demonicide:
They accept open university. So I advice you go for B.Sc in Finland if you don't want to enrol in PGD in Nigeria or open university in Nigeria
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Demonicide(f): 1:26pm On Apr 11, 2019
Time2win:

Can I have your mail? Couldn't get your DM.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Demonicide(f): 1:27pm On Apr 11, 2019
frankie2K:

Don't work like that in Finland
ok, thanks. Are you schooling in Finland now?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Time2win(m): 1:29pm On Apr 11, 2019
Demonicide:
Can I have your mail? Couldn't get your DM.

Use the mail option on my profile, i will reply from there
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Demonicide(f): 1:29pm On Apr 11, 2019
frankie2K:

They accept open university. So I advice you go for B.Sc in Finland if you don't want to enrol in PGD in Nigeria or open university in Nigeria
Any form of scholarship for B.sc?

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by obianorafael: 2:14pm On Apr 11, 2019
i would love to apply for B.sc, can someone guide me on what to do

i need to know more about the country and if students are allowed to work while schooling
how their visa process works
i would need names of schools that i could apply to

Thank You
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by SnazzyBaba(m): 10:08am On Apr 12, 2019
Admission letters have started rolling out. Whatsup with our applicants? Meanwhile AICCO is not providing the right cover again, pls beware.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Time2win(m): 11:14am On Apr 12, 2019
SnazzyBaba:
Admission letters have started rolling out. Whatsup with our applicants? Meanwhile AICCO is not providing the right cover again, pls beware.

Which is best to use now?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Zudoka(f): 12:19pm On Apr 12, 2019
Swisscare and Aiico were suggested on this thread. So if Aiico is down, try Swisscare.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Time2win(m): 6:03pm On Apr 12, 2019
Zudoka:
Swisscare and Aiico were suggested on this thread. So if Aiico is down, try Swisscare.

Swisscare is Expensive. How about Mutual Benefits?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Zudoka(f): 10:04pm On Apr 12, 2019
I don't know about that.

Some one who knows should please respond.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 10:27pm On Apr 12, 2019
Time2win:

If you love yourself, no near mutual benefit. AIICO all the way....

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 10:28pm On Apr 12, 2019
Demonicide:
Any form of scholarship for B.sc?
Hmmmm mainly half most times for UAS. Don't know of scholarship in Uni. For bsc

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by kanayogod(m): 6:22pm On Apr 13, 2019
Time2win:

Expensive but very reliable...

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.