Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,417 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (296) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (951645 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Army93: 4:04pm On Apr 03, 2019
Which is better? Using my salary bank account or a new bank account for RP application?
PS: My Dad is my sponsor and he is going to transfer the required amount to me.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by reloaded01(m): 4:24pm On Apr 03, 2019
Time2win:

Yes. That was the general mail they sent after certified documents were received. You can mail your dept for more updates on your application.
Okay and that will be cool
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Delaw00(m): 1:44am On Apr 04, 2019
I'm an undergraduate in a university here, but am having issues with the course am studying.... Now am planning to start all over again pls How do I get admission into a university in Finland @op and pple in the house sad
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Delaw00(m): 1:46am On Apr 04, 2019
Pls help a brother it's urgent,i started at the beginning of the thread but it seem contradicting.... There was a place stated that the thread is for post graduate and not undergraduate
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Dude04(m): 7:26am On Apr 04, 2019
Army93:
Which is better? Using my salary bank account or a new bank account for RP application?
PS: My Dad is my sponsor and he is going to transfer the required amount to me.

Greetings
Please use your salary account
Submit
1) your payslip
2) statement of account
3) employment letter

If you are using your dad as your sponsor and he is working submit as well

1) His payslip
2) salary bank statement of account
3) employment letter
4) Letter from your dad stating he will be your sponsor.

P.S if your dad is retired please use someone who is working, it makes the process easy. Any amount like 50k and above paid into his account which is not from his work please back it up with receipt.

2 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by kanayogod(m): 10:02am On Apr 04, 2019
Dude04:

Greetings
Submit
1) your payslip
2) statement of account
3) employment letter

1) His payslip
3) employment letter

P.S if your dad is retired please use someone who is working, it makes the process easy. Any amount like 50k and above paid into his account which is not from his work please back it up with receipt.

Bold part not needed, from 100k
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Time2win(m): 2:33pm On Apr 04, 2019
University of Eastern Finland Admission decision just came in. They offered me 100% tuition waiver plus 6200€ yearly stipend for Master in Research Chemist. Goodluck to others still waiting for offers.

15 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Adeniyii2017: 7:16pm On Apr 04, 2019
Time2win:
University of Eastern Finland Admission decision just came in. They offered me 100% tuition waiver plus 6200€ yearly stipend for Master in Research Chemist. Goodluck to others still waiting for offers.
Congratulations.. What course and what’s your CGPA?

Thank you!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by dguyindcorner(m): 7:20pm On Apr 04, 2019
Time2win:

Excerpt from University of Turku Mail

Thinking of working in Turku part-time? It is possible, but please note that with little knowledge of the Finnish language the options are limited. Many of our students work in jobs not related to their studies, often in the hospitality or cleaning industries. The departments may have a few internships and research assistance positions, but these often go to second year students. So be prepared that finding a job may take a while and the first positions you find may not be in the field you are studying.

Many Thanks!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by dguyindcorner(m): 7:33pm On Apr 04, 2019
Gurus in the house, I hail you.
A friend would like to go for her M.sc in either Germany or Finland. She studied Estate Management (Bsc) with 3.6cgpa Nigerian scale. She is however considering going for Economics for her Masters.
What is her chance and if she has no chance what related courses can she possibly go for?

Thanks!
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Time2win(m): 8:50pm On Apr 04, 2019
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Time2win(m): 10:15pm On Apr 04, 2019
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Heavenlyminded: 1:00am On Apr 05, 2019
I'm really enjoying this thread, is any WhatsApp group that can help the more, or to link us together.,...
if yes kindly add me 09038088069
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by chaiks: 2:22am On Apr 05, 2019
Time2win:
hei. Congrats bro . U na boss.

2 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by chaiks: 2:23am On Apr 05, 2019
Time2win:

My profile

BSc Chemical Engineering

CGPA: 4.55

Applied for MSc in Chemistry cos it's fully funded but still have offers from U.S schools. This is just a back up for me.
congrats bro.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by reloaded01(m): 12:41pm On Apr 05, 2019
Time2win:
Congrats bro.....

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Time2win(m): 1:31pm On Apr 05, 2019
reloaded01:
Congrats bro.....

Thanks bro
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Time2win(m): 1:31pm On Apr 05, 2019
chaiks:
congrats bro.

Thanks bro
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Army93: 7:55am On Apr 06, 2019
Thanks a lot. Please can I have your phone number? Mine is 08081549585.
Dude04:

Greetings
Submit
1) your payslip
2) statement of account
3) employment letter

1) His payslip
3) employment letter

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Time2win(m): 9:01pm On Apr 06, 2019
Finland has outsourced the submission of visa and residence permit applications to VFS Global on March 5th, 2019. Visa and residence permit applications must always be submitted in person.

Applicants from the following countries can apply for a visa at the AC (Application Center): Cameroon, Central Africa, Chad, Republic of Congo (Brazzaville), Gabon, Gambia, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Sierra Leone and Togo. Website to book an appointment is https://www.vfsglobal.com/Finland/Nigeria/. Via the website you can fill an online application and book an appointment. Visa fee and VFS Global Service Charge are paid on site unless instructed by VFS Global to pay to the Embassy of Finland.

Visa applicant from the following countries apply for their visa according to representation agreement as follows: In Benin Finland is represented by the Netherlands, in Burkina Faso by Belgium, in Ghana by Denmark, in Guinea-Bissau by Portugal and in Senegal by France.

Applicants from the following countries can apply for a Residence Permit at the AC: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Central Africa, Chad, Republic of Congo (Brazzaville), Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Equatorial Guinea, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Senegal and Togo. Website to book an appointment is http://residencepermits.finland.fi/Nigeria/. Via the website you can book an appointment. Residence Permit fee and VFS Global Service Charge are paid on site unless instructed by VFS Global to pay to the Embassy of Finland (excluding applications paid in advance via EnterFinland).

VFS Global Application Center

Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor

Plot No 1083, Mohammadu Buhari Way

Central Business District, Abuja-FCT Nigeria

Call Center +234 815 018 8800

Opening hours Monday through Friday 08:00-15:00 (only by pre-booked appointment)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 8:13pm On Apr 07, 2019
Time2win:
Finland has outsourced the submission of visa and residence permit applications to VFS Global on March 5th, 2019. Visa and residence permit applications must always be submitted in person.

Applicants from the following countries can apply for a visa at the AC (Application Center): Cameroon, Central Africa, Chad, Republic of Congo (Brazzaville), Gabon, Gambia, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Sierra Leone and Togo. Website to book an appointment is https://www.vfsglobal.com/Finland/Nigeria/. Via the website you can fill an online application and book an appointment. Visa fee and VFS Global Service Charge are paid on site unless instructed by VFS Global to pay to the Embassy of Finland.

Visa applicant from the following countries apply for their visa according to representation agreement as follows: In Benin Finland is represented by the Netherlands, in Burkina Faso by Belgium, in Ghana by Denmark, in Guinea-Bissau by Portugal and in Senegal by France.

Applicants from the following countries can apply for a Residence Permit at the AC: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Central Africa, Chad, Republic of Congo (Brazzaville), Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Equatorial Guinea, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Senegal and Togo. Website to book an appointment is http://residencepermits.finland.fi/Nigeria/. Via the website you can book an appointment. Residence Permit fee and VFS Global Service Charge are paid on site unless instructed by VFS Global to pay to the Embassy of Finland (excluding applications paid in advance via EnterFinland).

VFS Global Application Center

Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor

Plot No 1083, Mohammadu Buhari Way

Central Business District, Abuja-FCT Nigeria

Call Center +234 815 018 8800

Opening hours Monday through Friday 08:00-15:00 (only by pre-booked appointment)

Nawaaa. Which kind stress and extra cost be this one?

After paying 102,000 for RP, you pay VFS extra charges.

Not encouraging at all
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Time2win(m): 8:35pm On Apr 07, 2019
frankie2K:

Nawaaa. Which kind stress and extra cost be this one?

After paying 102,000 for RP, you pay VFS extra charges.

Not encouraging at all

23,690# for VFS service charge. RP application fee is #106,000.

I think the interview part is not required again until there is need for it. Just submit your docs at VFS and do your thumbprinting.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 10:13pm On Apr 07, 2019
Time2win:

23,690# for VFS service charge. RP application fee is #106,000.

I think the interview part is not required again until there is need for it. Just submit your docs at VFS and do your thumbprinting.

Add that up to 30k insurance fee. What is the again of not having an interview again?

What will VFS do that is special? Will they investigate your academic background or financial background?

I am skeptical that they want to reduce migrants to there country as Denmark did in 2006 followed by Sweden
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Time2win(m): 1:35am On Apr 08, 2019
frankie2K:

Add that up to 30k insurance fee. What is the again of not having an interview again?

What will VFS do that is special? Will they investigate your academic background or financial background?

I am skeptical that they want to reduce migrants to there country as Denmark did in 2006 followed by Sweden

Maybe the low turn for visa made them to outsource it. The VFS process is quite straightforward though.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Army93: 2:28pm On Apr 08, 2019
University of Lapland admission result is out. Who got it?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Time2win(m): 2:40pm On Apr 08, 2019
Army93:
University of Lapland admission result is out. Who got it?

Did they give you?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Army93: 5:42pm On Apr 08, 2019
Time2win:

Did they give you?

Yea, and 6800 Euros scholarship. But I heard Rovaniemi has a very cold weather and it's mostly dark .

2 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by reloaded01(m): 6:23pm On Apr 08, 2019
Army93:

Yea, and 6800 Euros scholarship. But I heard Rovaniemi has a very cold weather and it's mostly dark .
Yeah, very cold.... the darkness is not peculiar Rovaniemi
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by reloaded01(m): 6:26pm On Apr 08, 2019
Army93:

Congrats bro..... which programme(course) are you going for?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Time2win(m): 6:30pm On Apr 08, 2019
Army93:

Congrats! it for the tuition fees or living expenses?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by frankie2K(m): 12:24am On Apr 09, 2019
Army93:

Congrats buddy. Seems the school offers stipend to all scholarship eligible applicants

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by chaiks: 3:27am On Apr 09, 2019
Congrats @army93. Please anyone with admission and scholarship@abo akademi?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.