Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (357) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (953644 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 9:52am On Jun 13, 2023
hikiki:
Good morning ma, do wen need authorization and legalisation of documents at same time? If yes,plss what r dey documents pls.

Legalization is for marriage certificate and birth certificates if you're going with your family.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 9:56am On Jun 13, 2023
hikiki:
Good evening once again,pls is the proof of funds requested during the applying for Students Resident permit or during the Visa processing? Pls am kind confused. Tanks

Go to enterfinland dot fi to create a profile now. You'll see all you need to provide and you'll be able to plan how and when you should provide them. However, I'll advise you to start gathering the funds now
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by hikiki(m): 10:40am On Jun 13, 2023
Outstandingmam:

Legalization is for marriage certificate and birth certificates if you're going with your family.
God bless you for what you do ma
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 1:30pm On Jun 13, 2023
Hi teepearl, I see you sent me a DM. Sorry I can't access my nairaland mail. I'm trying to remember the password if I can.

Drop your inquiries here if you have any
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 1:31pm On Jun 13, 2023
hikiki:

God bless you for what you do ma

Bless you too
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by teepearl(f): 1:31pm On Jun 13, 2023
Feezlaiman:
Yes you can. I just moved to Finland 3 weeks ago with hubby and daughter and its a BSC. Just get your proof of fund and documentations right.

Hi Sis, can I connect with you, I am looking at studying over ther3 for my son , I will be glad to get adequate information from you Ma
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by teepearl(f): 1:34pm On Jun 13, 2023
Outstandingmam:
Hi teepearl, I see you sent me a DM. Sorry I can't access my nairaland mail. I'm trying to remember the password if I can.

Thanks for reaching out so fast, I still haven't master3d how to navigate NL,

I see your comment on Post for Finland study and assumed you are a Resident over there, I kindly need a mentor to guide me (my son) on how we can apply for Admission in Finland.

I will appreciate if you can provide an email I can reach you on for a One on One discussion.

Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 1:39pm On Jun 13, 2023
teepearl:

Thanks for reaching out so fast, I still haven't master3d how to navigate NL,

I see your comment on Post for Finland study and assumed you are a Resident over there, I kindly need a mentor to guide me (my son) on how we can apply for Admission in Finland.

I will appreciate if you can provide an email I can reach you on for a One on One discussion.

Thanks

I was online when I saw your DM prompt so you were lucky wink

I don't like engaging on nairaland issues outside nairaland beyond my nairaland mail and since I lost access to the account, that angle has been closed.

Post your inquiries here. I'll do my best to answer, my schedule permitting. Maybe I'll make this a full time job so I can start charging soon wink
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by teepearl(f): 2:00pm On Jun 13, 2023
My Son just about finishing writing his waec, and we are looking at sending him to Finland, as that seems the only affordable option for an average earning parent. We initially thought of Estonia, but recent enquiries shows that we may be unable to afford their tuition.

I will like to have an idea of the turion per annum for an IT course, will his 20hours work be able to cover partially for his subsequent tuition.

Does he need to write any other exams (Gre and likes) asides Waec , he's just 15.

Also I have HND , and I am thinking if I can also better my lot though this route.

As regards making this a fulltime job, so you can be charging, don't worry 😉 he reach to charge for, sha don't charge us too much...lol

Thanks

Outstandingmam:

I was online when I saw your DM prompt so you were lucky wink

I don't like engaging on nairaland issues outside nairaland beyond my nairaland mail and since I lost access to the account, that angle has been closed.

Post your inquiries here. I'll do my best to answer, my schedule permitting. Maybe I'll make this a full time job so I can start charging soon wink
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 2:16pm On Jun 13, 2023
teepearl:
My Son just about finishing writing his waec, and we are looking at sending him to Finland, as that seems the only affordable option for an average earning parent. We initially thought of Estonia, but recent enquiries shows that we may be unable to afford their tuition.

I will like to have an idea of the turion per annum for an IT course, will his 20hours work be able to cover partially for his subsequent tuition.

Does he need to write any other exams (Gre and likes) asides Waec , he's just 15.

Also I have HND , and I am thinking if I can also better my lot though this route.

As regards making this a fulltime job, so you can be charging, don't worry 😉 he reach to charge for, sha don't charge us too much...lol

Thanks

If I was in your shoes, this is how I'll approach it because at 15, I will not send my child to a foreign country to attend university. Infact I won't even allow my 15 year old to attend university yet in Nigeria.

He's still under 18 so can comfortably fit under your application. I'll suggest you apply yourself and he goes as your dependant. He's still young enough to attend grade school for a year or get into the IB program which is like A-levels or even the vocational program. He'll use that period to also learn Finnish before he turns 18 and can then attend university for free even though he'll now need to have his own permit.

In the meantime, he can write SAT. That's the only extra qualification that will aid an undergraduate application. If he scores very well, it can aid scholarship consideration in case he has to study in English. Tuition fees Vary from school to school but you can expect between €8k and €13k before scholarship or early bird discount.

You didn't mention your marital status because that will also affect these plans to some extent.

Your HND will get you a bsc. Application starts in December for a few universities but most universities start application on January 4th.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by teepearl(f): 2:42pm On Jun 13, 2023
Thanks for the pointed, we ain't ready to let him go study in any University yet, until he's 16/17, we want him to pick up few skills ( hand work and digital skills)while in the waiting.

I appreciate this your suggestion, it is an eye-opener.

I am married with 3kids, .See why I need to connect outside of this space, so I can avail you with necessary information, .

0- 7-0-3-1-6-3-1-9-5-7

Outstandingmam:

If I was in your shoes, this is how I'll approach it because at 15, I will not send my child to a foreign country to attend university. Infact I won't even allow my 15 year old to attend university yet in Nigeria.

He's still under 18 so can comfortably fit under your application. I'll suggest you apply yourself and he goes as your dependant. He's still young enough to attend grade school for a year or get into the IB program which is like A-levels or even the vocational program. He'll use that period to also learn Finnish before he turns 18 and can then attend university for free even though he'll now need to have his own permit.

In the meantime, he can write SAT. That's the only extra qualification that will aid an undergraduate application. If he scores very well, it can aid scholarship consideration in case he has to study in English. Tuition fees Vary from school to school but you can expect between €8k and €13k before scholarship or early bird discount.

You didn't mention your marital status because that will also affect these plans to some extent.

Your HND will get you a bsc. Application starts in December for a few universities but most universities start application on January 4th.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 2:48pm On Jun 13, 2023
teepearl:
Thanks for the pointed, we ain't ready to let him go study in any University yet, until he's 16/17, we want him to pick up few skills ( hand work and digital skills)while in the waiting.

I am married with 3kids, .See why I need to connect outside of this space, so I can avail you with necessary information, .

Pls remove your number from the post.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by teepearl(f): 2:52pm On Jun 13, 2023
teepearl:

Outstandingmam:

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by teepearl(f): 2:53pm On Jun 13, 2023
Thanks, Done that

[q1uote author=Outstandingmam post=123769795]

Pls remove your number from the post.[/quote]
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Mccollins042(m): 3:46pm On Jun 13, 2023
I got two admissions in two different Finnish schools but I could not go because they don't accept part payment of tuition. Please does anyone know any school that accepts initial deposit and also has low tuition . I have a tight budget
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 4:35pm On Jun 13, 2023
teepearl:

Thanks, Done that

Pls remove your number from the post.

You have not. Go and modify the post where you posted it, then delete the number

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 4:36pm On Jun 13, 2023
Mccollins042:
I got two admissions in two different Finnish schools but I could not go because they don't accept part payment of tuition. Please does anyone know any school that accepts initial deposit and also has low tuition . I have a tight budget

They don't accept part payment.

For low tuition, try Savonia UAS though even they have increased a bit as I heard

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by hikiki(m): 6:10pm On Jun 13, 2023
Mccollins042:
Didn't you apply for scholarship same time you applied for the admission?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by TabletMan: 6:12pm On Jun 13, 2023
Mccollins042:
Please bro, what course and school did you get an admission offer from? How challenging is the entrance exam and what will I expect?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by hikiki(m): 6:32pm On Jun 13, 2023
Outstandingmam:

Bless you too
Pls ma,will the Proof of funds be in separate account or in her own account as am a dependent?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 7:12pm On Jun 13, 2023
hikiki:

Pls ma,will the Proof of funds be in separate account or in her own account as am a dependent?

It should be in her account if she's the student
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nietab: 9:51pm On Jun 13, 2023
Outstandingmam:

€560*12months

You need funds for just 1 year

Thank you
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by TabletMan: 7:32am On Jun 14, 2023
Outstandingmam:

€560*12months

You need funds for just 1 year
Are the fees paid at the black market rate or the CBN rate?

Because Euro black market is almost 1k naira
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by AlphaNugget(m): 11:44am On Jun 14, 2023
Please what document is required?
Feezlaiman:
Yes you can. I just moved to Finland 3 weeks ago with hubby and daughter and its a BSC. Just get your proof of fund and documentations right.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Tadeus(m): 1:32pm On Jun 15, 2023
Outstandingmam:

Well done. Please any school offering nursing or computer science course this august/September admission ?

Please assist with school that will be open for admission this august//September.

Thaanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 8:28pm On Jun 15, 2023
TabletMan:
Are the fees paid at the black market rate or the CBN rate?

Because Euro black market is almost 1k naira

I'm sure you now have your answer with the floating of the Naira?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 8:29pm On Jun 15, 2023
Tadeus:

Well done. Please any school offering nursing or computer science course this august/September admission ?

Please assist with school that will be open for admission this august//September.

Thaanks

I don't know any. I doubt if there's any. However you can search for yourself at the portal

Studyinfo dot fi

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Tadeus(m): 9:12pm On Jun 15, 2023
Outstandingmam:

I don't know any. I doubt if there's any. However you can search for yourself at the portal

Studyinfo dot fi

Thank you so much
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Pullout: 12:42am On Jun 16, 2023
Hello house

How is everybody doing? I’m sorry if this message would be lengthy(Please bear with me), Good Morning, I have been a ardent follower of the travel section on NL(I just opened this account to stay anonymous). I want to make some inquires that’s so important to next step I take in this point of my life.

Firstly, I’m 25 years old. I finished my secondary school education since 2015 but couldn’t further more because of some unfortunate situation then, I just did my WAEC examination in 2021. Since 2015 till now, I have been learning programming, but now I want to japa cause my future in Nigeria is looking very blurry day by day.

To my question, what much can I do with my WAEC result in regard to traveling, I had a good result but I don’t know where to start from exactly. I would appreciate some tips from the expert in the house. Thank you 🙏
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 10:45am On Jun 16, 2023
Pullout:
Hello house

How is everybody doing? I’m sorry if this message would be lengthy(Please bear with me), Good Morning, I have been a ardent follower of the travel section on NL(I just opened this account to stay anonymous). I want to make some inquires that’s so important to next step I take in this point of my life.

Firstly, I’m 25 years old. I finished my secondary school education since 2015 but couldn’t further more because of some unfortunate situation then, I just did my WAEC examination in 2021. Since 2015 till now, I have been learning programming, but now I want to japa cause my future in Nigeria is looking very blurry day by day.

To my question, what much can I do with my WAEC result in regard to traveling, I had a good result but I don’t know where to start from exactly. I would appreciate some tips from the expert in the house. Thank you 🙏

A Bsc is your next logical step. I wouldn't like to teleguide you but if you've been learning programming then maybe a bachelors degree in Computer science/Information Technology/Software engineering might be a very good field to go into. It'll be nice to write SAT to improve your chances at getting into the top universities in Finland. The main route to getting in is the entrance examination anyway.

You'll need money for tuition fees, residence permit application etc. The next admission season starts in Dec/Jan so you have time now to start gathering resources and also preparing for the entrance examination.

Visit the portal @ studyinfo dot fi to get started.

Good luck

@teepearl, I responded to your mail.

@Ladiesdream, mailer demon gets it when I try responding to your mail
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by dohyinsohlah(m): 11:21am On Jun 16, 2023
I don’t know if anyone has experienced or is experiencing this too

Migri.fi sent me a mail on Tuesday that my application process has begun and till this moment, I’m yet to get a decision or any information from them to provide additional documents .
Is this normal?
Do I need to mail them or something?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 11:32am On Jun 16, 2023
dohyinsohlah:
I don’t know if anyone has experienced or is experiencing this too

Migri.fi sent me a mail on Tuesday that my application process has begun and till this moment, I’m yet to get a decision or any information from them to provide additional documents .
Is this normal?
Do I need to mail them or something?

You don't need to fret. It's the normal procedure. They'll send you a mail for more information and documents or a mail indicating a decision if they have everything they need from you.

Since they're already considering your application, I think you should get a response within 2 to 3 weeks

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.