Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,839 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (355) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (952267 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nickelodeon93: 11:04am On Jun 06, 2023
shedesire:
Good Evening, I'm applying for the cook and waiter/waitress program at //vamia.fi/en/cook/, and I need guidance especially because I have no background in this area. (studied engineering and have been working in that field) I have all the documentation required from the school. except that I find it difficult to draft a good motivation letter. please anyone who has been in this phase before, kindly advise me on how to go and anything you feel I should know and consider. Thanks in advance for feedbacks

Good morning, please did you later apply for the cook / waiter course in Finland, what did you submit how did it go please, another one is opening this august and I want to apply
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by TaiwoKing: 11:10am On Jun 06, 2023
tomsniel:
I just got a B.Sc admission to University of Applied Sciences , Oulu, Finland for Spring 2023.

I will try to raise the tuition which is 8000 Euros . I applied for scholarship but I have not gotten it yet.

My Question is can I work over there to raise subsequent tuitions and also I have a Fiancee, can she join me later into my study and be dependant. Thank you

My brother let me ask you, you said you got a B.sc.
Have you done any entrance exam, if yes, where?
If No but you will do it, where do you intend doing it?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by tomsniel(m): 11:25am On Jun 06, 2023
I have done the exam. Did it online
TaiwoKing:

My brother let me ask you, you said you got a B.sc.
Have you done any entrance exam, if yes, where?
If No but you will do it, where do you intend doing it?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by TaiwoKing: 12:18pm On Jun 06, 2023
tomsniel:
Wow, i am happy for you.
Congrats, please pray for me
I want to come and join you to for B.Sc programme
when scholarship offers opens? grin
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nickelodeon93: 12:35pm On Jun 06, 2023
Oak202, good afternoon

I want to apply to vamia school of vocation this august when it starts..

Please can you give me a list of all the requirements.. I saw some on their website like IELTS, and other o level requirements.

Please I want you to break it down for me in lay man’s terms and also give me estimate of how much the whole process go cost..
Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by TaiwoKing: 1:06pm On Jun 06, 2023
tomsniel:
Can you list the documents you submitted including letter of motivation if required?
I want to get prepared and join you guys as soon as possible grin
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by giggspro(m): 1:46pm On Jun 06, 2023
Please in a case where waec DoB is different from my passport DoB ,can it be a barrier on securing admission?. Is there anyway to bypass it?
Please your response is highly needed.
Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by FanOfMyself: 2:39pm On Jun 06, 2023
oak202:

The number of years you used in studying will count towards your permanent residence. Like I always tell people, I got to know more about Finland because I have 3 biological siblings that traveled there through the school route.
Please I will appreciate it if I can communicate with you more as I am looking at studying and relocating to Finland. Can I send a DM?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by FanOfMyself: 2:42pm On Jun 06, 2023
newhere1234:

You don't need IELTS or proficiency letter for bsc, there is an entrance exam and no age limit also.

I can't answer about the expenses as I'm not sure. I wish someone who did it recently would come help on that.
I want to apply for msc in Finland. Can I use a Letter of English Proficiency instead of IELTS?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 8:06pm On Jun 06, 2023
TaiwoKing:

Thanks, i appreciate your time and effort to explain to me. I had planned to leave for Finland this year, if it's Jehovah will. I have started reading this thread from the beginning to get myself familiar with some valuable information that i might need, and already treated previously. I have been examining the studyinfo to evaluate programmes/courses they offer. Overally, i plan to go for a B.Sc. programme and/or Vocational programmes, anything that has to do with skills that can help me start a decent and modest living later. Here in Nigeria, although by qualification, i have Master Degree grin

I preferred starting a fresh in Finland if God's will besides, i want something i love with passion or similar to it that involves skills or using my hands.
i am also a Graphic designer by the way. I would preferred the finnish scholarship route if Jehovah's will.

As for the entrance exam, where do we write it?

Because i read it on this thread that --( '"From my research I will not advise anyone to apply for permit in finland just to write entrance exam.The cost is not the problem now.The truth is YOU WILL BE DENIED!, except the exam will not take place anywhere near Nigeria than finland)

Is it worth it applying for B.sc., You view sir?

Like someone responded to you, you'll write the exam online in the comfort of your house.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 8:15pm On Jun 06, 2023
tomsniel:
I just got a B.Sc admission to University of Applied Sciences , Oulu, Finland for Spring 2023.

I will try to raise the tuition which is 8000 Euros . I applied for scholarship but I have not gotten it yet.

My Question is can I work over there to raise subsequent tuitions and also I have a Fiancee, can she join me later into my study and be dependant. Thank you

Congratulations on your admission.

Oulu is the biggest city in the north of Finland. If you're ready to work and aren't too proud, you'll get small jobs that'll make you enough money to sustain yourself. As for your fiancee, she won't get to join you until you guys are legally married.

If your admission came in the waiting list, you'll not get the scholarship. However, you'll get €500 rebate if you pay your fees early. After your first year, you'll get €4k scholarship for subsequent sessions if you register and pass at least 55 credit units worth of courses/session.

2 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 8:19pm On Jun 06, 2023
giggspro:
Please in a case where waec DoB is different from my passport DoB ,can it be a barrier on securing admission?. Is there anyway to bypass it?
Please your response is highly needed.
Thanks

Have you gotten admission yet? Or you're just about to apply? How significant is the difference?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by giggspro(m): 8:27pm On Jun 06, 2023
I'm yet to apply.
Passport 13-09-1990
Waec 13-10-1992
Outstandingmam:

Have you gotten admission yet? Or you're just about to apply? How significant is the difference?

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 8:47pm On Jun 06, 2023
giggspro:
I'm yet to apply.
Passport 13-09-1990
Waec 13-10-1992

An objective look at the dates should tell anyone that it's an honest mistake.

I really have no idea how they'll take it but to be on the safe side, get an affidavit very quickly and get it attested along with your waec certificate at the ministries of education and foreign affairs in Abuja.

Then you might need to legalize it at the Finnish embassy. That'll take at least 60days and €220 payment to VFS.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by tomsniel(m): 10:30pm On Jun 06, 2023
Thanks for your response. I am not too proud to work. Once I leave the shores of this country, I'm on my own. I have to do all to survive. However, I need to ask what kinda jobs?? What's the pay like Just so that I can brace myself for what's coming.

Yeah I got in through the waiting list, I guess that explains why I didn't get the scholarship. I haven't accepted the admission but just incase money no quick complete, can I Defer the admission?

Concerning my Fiancée, let's say I come back in a year to marry her, what's the process like in getting her to join me?

Finally, will I be needing proof of funds for either residence permit or visa application??

Thanks.. Look forward to hearing from you.

Outstandingmam:

Congratulations on your admission.

Oulu is the biggest city in the north of Finland. If you're ready to work and aren't too proud, you'll get small jobs that'll make you enough money to sustain yourself. As for your fiancee, she won't get to join you until you guys are legally married.

If your admission came in the waiting list, you'll not get the scholarship. However, you'll get €500 rebate if you pay your fees early. After your first year, you'll get €4k scholarship for subsequent sessions if you register and pass at least 55 credit units worth of courses/session.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by TaiwoKing: 8:10am On Jun 07, 2023
Outstandingmam:

Like someone responded to you, you'll write the exam online in the comfort of your house.

grin
Thank you my brother
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 12:29pm On Jun 07, 2023
tomsniel:
Thanks for your response. I am not too proud to work. Once I leave the shores of this country, I'm on my own. I have to do all to survive. However, I need to ask what kinda jobs?? What's the pay like Just so that I can brace myself for what's coming.

Yeah I got in through the waiting list, I guess that explains why I didn't get the scholarship. I haven't accepted the admission but just incase money no quick complete, can I Defer the admission?

Concerning my Fiancée, let's say I come back in a year to marry her, what's the process like in getting her to join me?

Finally, will I be needing proof of funds for either residence permit or visa application??

Thanks.. Look forward to hearing from you.

Pay for small jobs like cleaning, restaurants, delivery is around €11/hr on the average and you can work 30hours a week.

Check the website of the school for information about deferring. I don't know much about it.

I don't think you should bother about your fiancee for now. The process is very drawn out. Strive to get in first.

You'll need evidence of proof of funds for at least 1 year to apply
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by hikiki(m): 5:45pm On Jun 07, 2023
Pls,as a dependent wishing to follow wifey, would I need to also apply for resident permit or would here student resident permit cover mine? And in the application of the resident permit,would there be need to be present too in the embassy here in Nigeria? What if after the tuition fees has been paid and the embassy declines the permit,pls what happens to the money paid. Sorry for asking too many questions
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 9:52am On Jun 08, 2023
hikiki:
Pls,as a dependent wishing to follow wifey, would I need to also apply for resident permit or would here student resident permit cover mine? And in the application of the resident permit,would there be need to be present too in the embassy here in Nigeria? What if after the tuition fees has been paid and the embassy declines the permit,pls what happens to the money paid. Sorry for asking too many questions

You'll have to apply for the permit together even if you'll fill a separate form. Your getting it is dependent on her getting it which is dependent on you all providing all required documents.

You won't need to do an interview in most cases. Only your wife, as main applicant, will do the interview.

If you're declined the permit but you've not started having classes (e.g online) yet, your full fees will be refunded. If you've started receiving classes, you'll forfeit half of the fees( that's spring semester fees)
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by hikiki(m): 11:01am On Jun 08, 2023
Outstandingmam:

You'll have to apply for the permit together even if you'll fill a separate form. Your getting it is dependent on her getting it which is dependent on you all providing all required documents.

You won't need to do an interview in most cases. Only your wife, as main applicant, will do the interview.

If you're declined the permit but you've not started having classes (e.g online) yet, your full fees will be refunded. If you've started receiving classes, you'll forfeit half of the fees( that's spring semester fees)
Tanks a lot.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by homotayo11(m): 8:04pm On Jun 08, 2023
I'm a frontend web developer and I already have my B.Tech in computer engineering but I'm looking for a cheaper way to migrate to Finland, do you think applying for vocational school will be okay for me, I will be applying for software development though.

Also is it possible I drop out after a year or two if I get a better job, most software jobs is about what you can do rather than your degree.

I understand I might have to learn their language first.

Outstandingmam:

All levels are competitive. Just select the one you think you'll be able to shine through.

Entrance exam follows the same format as our jamb. Tech, medical, science and engineering all require you to write science subject exams. Arts and social sciences will require their own subjects.

I don't know anything about their vocational programs
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 10:50pm On Jun 08, 2023
homotayo11:
I'm a frontend web developer and I already have my B.Tech in computer engineering but I'm looking for a cheaper way to migrate to Finland, do you think applying for vocational school will be okay for me, I will be applying for software development though.

Also is it possible I drop out after a year or two if I get a better job, most software jobs is about what you can do rather than your degree.

With your IT knowledge, settling down would be easier for you even if you don't speak the language. Why not just apply for a masters? You might even get a job before you found up.

If you're married, your wife could apply and you go as her dependant. This will give you access to work 247 enabling you to get a full time role

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by homotayo11(m): 7:56am On Jun 09, 2023
Masters is expensive, Tempere university masters course on software engineering is €12k, I read vocational is free as long you understand the language to an extent.

Outstandingmam:

With your IT knowledge, settling down would be easier for you even if you don't speak the language. Why not just apply for a masters? You might even get a job before you found up.

If you're married, your wife could apply and you go as her dependant. This will give you access to work 247 enabling you to get a full time role
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by worried222: 8:36am On Jun 09, 2023
homotayo11:

Good morning bro,
I’m also a frontend developer like you looking to migrate to Finland.
Just like you, I have a limited funds too.
Can we rub minds together?
I will be sending you a DM right away if you don’t mind.
I initially wanted to go to the UK but I realized that Finland is actually better bar the language barrier.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by worried222: 8:39am On Jun 09, 2023
Greetings everyone.
Please when is the next academic session in Finland starting and when can I start applying.
I will also be happy if someone can give me an insight on how much I should be budgeting for this.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by homotayo11(m): 8:43am On Jun 09, 2023
worried222:
Greetings everyone.
Please when is the next academic session in Finland starting and when can I start applying.
I will also be happy if someone can give me an insight on how much I should be budgeting for this.

There is a window opening in September but you'll need your transcript and IELTS to apply for masters.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by hikiki(m): 9:37am On Jun 09, 2023
Pls senior colleagues in the house, would University's in Finland collect transcript from individual. Like my wife has her transcript already saved in her mail box, would the require it sent from her University or will the accept it directly sent from her? Pls I need response. Tanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adejoro1988(m): 12:07pm On Jun 09, 2023
How easy is their visa once you have gotten admission.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Alphaman007: 2:15pm On Jun 09, 2023
Hello guys, Nice to see that the thread is now active. Will what you study as bsc affect the course you can apply for? for example, i studied psychology but i hardly find graduate studies in psychology. What other psychology related course can i go for?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nickelodeon93: 2:32pm On Jun 09, 2023
Outstandingmam:

good day chief, this vamia vocational school that will be open in august please do you know how the documents that one needs to be ready to apply for welding
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by babakb: 5:25pm On Jun 09, 2023
Nickelodeon93:
good day chief, this vamia vocational school that will be open in august please do you know how the documents that one needs to be ready to apply for welding

You can only apply for welding in January next year.

The Application that will open in August is for Cook and Waiter/Waitress smiley smiley smiley
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nickelodeon93: 5:30pm On Jun 09, 2023
babakb:

You can only apply for welding in January next year.

The Application that will open in August is for Cook and Waiter/Waitress smiley smiley smiley
wow no be small thing, are you in Finland, please what are the requirements

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.