Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (354) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (949802 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Raregem9000(m): 8:47am On May 27, 2023
Thanks boss, do they accept Neco 2 sitting results? Also, do you have any rought estimate of how much it would cost sir? I'll be patiently waiting for your response
Outstandingmam:

Your Poly certificates won't help you much. Just make up your mind to apply for a BSC program. Next admissions round starts in December for some schools but most schools start theirs in January. There's a central application portal. The address is studyinfo dot fi

You can go with your family. You can work for 30 hours/week while your spouse can work 247. If you put your mind to it, it's doable. Remember there's an entrance exam you'll write in Feb so start preparing
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 11:27am On May 27, 2023
Raregem9000:
Thanks boss, do they accept Neco 2 sitting results? Also, do you have any rought estimate of how much it would cost sir? I'll be patiently waiting for your response

I have no idea if they accept 2 neco. Like I said earlier, visit their website studyinfo dot fi to get more info.

Cost of what exactly?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Raregem9000(m): 1:00pm On May 27, 2023
Thanks for your prompt response, I'd look the site up. I mean how much it would cost to relocate for a family of 3 boss
Outstandingmam:

I have no idea if they accept 2 neco. Like I said earlier, visit their website studyinfo dot fi to get more info.

Cost of what exactly?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 1:16pm On May 27, 2023
Raregem9000:
Thanks for your prompt response, I'd look the site up. I mean how much it would cost to relocate for a family of 3 boss

Can't say. However you'll surely pay for the following

Legalization of marriage certificate €220
Legalization of birth certificate €220/child
Resident permit application €350
Resident permit application for spouse €450
Resident permit application for children €240

Service charge for each resident permit application N37,500

Some other small costs. These expenses are after you've gotten the admission and have paid your tuition fees.

You can pay all the € costs in naira at official rate

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Raregem9000(m): 1:34pm On May 27, 2023
Thanks boss
Outstandingmam:

Can't say. However you'll surely pay for the following

Legalization of marriage certificate €220
Legalization of birth certificate €220/child
Resident permit application €350
Resident permit application for spouse €450
Resident permit application for children €240

Service charge for each resident permit application N37,500

Some other small costs. These expenses are after you've gotten the admission and have paid your tuition fees.

You can pay all the € costs in naira at official rate
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Xbolmax: 6:12pm On May 27, 2023
Xbolmax:
Please house I will love to study in Finland.
But I have some questions to ask to have more insight about the process and the best way to go about it.

1. I have HND in business Administration and management but doing the English proficiency will take time( preparing and writing ) might even fail( based on what have been seen online about the exam)

2. Well, is there any schools in finland that has direct masters for HND ? And do they accept HND for master without the English proficiency?

3. If I should for BSC, ( although I had my waec since 2010) I guess will not affect my admission process ?

4. How much will it cost me (tuition and the visa process) to be in finland to study ?

5. Please if anyone can recommend some schools that has easy process to enable me study in Finland

Thank you all
I await your quick responses
someone should help me on this abeg oo
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adeshola1(m): 6:54pm On May 27, 2023
Hello Everyone

For those admitted for MSc.

What are the documents required to establish the origin of the proof of funds.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Focus99: 3:00pm On May 29, 2023
So the balance tuition for the remaining 2yrs plus living expenses should be in my account to apply for rp?

Thank you

Outstandingmam:

You pay fees for 1 session at a time
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 3:13pm On May 29, 2023
Focus99:
So the balance tuition for the remaining 2yrs plus living expenses should be in my account to apply for rp?

Thank you

Not at all. What made you think that?

Pay your 1st session school fees, apply for residence permit.

What you need in your account is your upkeep for 1 year and if you succeed, they'll give you residence permit that'll carry you for your 2 years masters or 4 years BSC as the case maybe.

2 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Focus99: 3:15pm On May 29, 2023
Thank you for your reply

Outstandingmam:

What you need in your account is your upkeep for 1 year and if you succeed, they'll give you residence permit that'll carry you for your 2 years masters or 4 years BSC as the case maybe.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by TabletMan: 9:41am On May 30, 2023
Xbolmax:
someone should help me on this abeg oo
Go through the last three pages.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 9:40pm On May 30, 2023
Focus99:
Thank you for your reply

You're welcome.

I think some folks sent me PMs. I can't access my nairaland mail so whatever you wish to ask, you can ask here

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by hikiki(m): 1:55pm On May 31, 2023
Pls I need honest answers before I enter one chance. Wify dey plan Finland for masters soonest,and I dey look to follow body join am dia. Abeg,can I hustle as dependent and still make ends meet? Like can I huslte full time and be comfortable even after Dem comot Dem so called tax etc. Like betta pay go still dey for man ✋? Pls I need honest answer. Naija don choke

2 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Ladygracy: 5:40pm On May 31, 2023
Is general ielts acceptable or must it be Academic
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Malicious22: 6:09pm On May 31, 2023
hikiki:
Pls I need honest answers before I enter one chance. Wify dey plan Finland for masters soonest,and I dey look to follow body join am dia. Abeg,can I hustle as dependent and still make ends meet? Like can I huslte full time and be comfortable even after Dem comot Dem so called tax etc. Like betta pay go still dey for man ✋? Pls I need honest answer. Naija don choke

Yes you can,

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Ladygracy: 6:30pm On May 31, 2023
Outstandingmam:

How much should be for upkeep for 1year. For student and spouse
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by hikiki(m): 9:28pm On May 31, 2023
Malicious22:

Yes you can,
Tanks a lot for the response
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 10:10pm On Jun 02, 2023
Ladygracy:
How much should be for upkeep for 1year. For student and spouse

€560 * 12months for student
€1000 * 12months for spouse

2 Likes

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Ladygracy: 4:06am On Jun 03, 2023
Outstandingmam:

Thank you
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by TabletMan: 5:44pm On Jun 03, 2023
Outstandingmam:

You are living up to your moniker.

Please I will like to know the program that will increase my chances of getting admitted into any Finland school.
Is it Bsc or should I follow the Msc route?
If it's a Bsc, which program has a high chance of admission and getting a job after school? Just advise me as if I'm your younger brother.

Thanks .
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by yankison(m): 8:35pm On Jun 03, 2023
Can I anyone tell me the cheapest master program . all I'm seeing is 10k euros

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by TaiwoKing: 8:54pm On Jun 03, 2023
Keep up the good work.
Which level of education is less competitive in terms of the likelihood of being shortlisted and approved for the programme (Bsc. MSc. Ph.D in term of selection )
Also, Vocational programs, are they less competitive or otherwise?
Do you have an idea of the likely questions asked for BSc.(the subject focus) or if there's entrance exam for vocational programme too?

Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by yankison(m): 9:25pm On Jun 03, 2023
The programs I'm seeing are all over 6000euros ..I have only 3m for the movement ..please I need a cheap program to apply to without ielts

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 8:39pm On Jun 05, 2023
TabletMan:
You are living up to your moniker.

Please I will like to know the program that will increase my chances of getting admitted into any Finland school.
Is it Bsc or should I follow the Msc route?
If it's a Bsc, which program has a high chance of admission and getting a job after school? Just advise me as if I'm your younger brother.

Thanks .

It depends on your smartness. Any program can get you into a Finnish school. It's an equal opportunity system.

For the Msc, your letter of motivation and research proposal are key. Work on it very well. Then there's the interview to face if your letter of motivation and research proposal get you across the first check.

For BSC, you will write an entry exam and after a video chat. Just practice very well because that exam tries to embarrass people.

The good thing is that you can apply for 6 courses in the application round and you can apply for both Msc and BSC courses.

Generally IT has been the go to but with layoffs these days, you can never tell. They seem to be opening up nursing, social works and the likes to foreign students. Before, you had to study them in Finnish but now you have English taught programs.

You alone can decide what you can cope with so I'll advise you to use these 7 months before the application portal opens, to browse through the available courses and prepare what you'll need to make yourself stand out. The competition is getting tighter

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 8:40pm On Jun 05, 2023
yankison:
Can I anyone tell me the cheapest master program . all I'm seeing is 10k euros

All those programs have possibilities of scholarship. Scrutinize the programs very well and you'll see it
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 8:42pm On Jun 05, 2023
yankison:
The programs I'm seeing are all over 6000euros ..I have only 3m for the movement ..please I need a cheap program to apply to without ielts

If it's Masters, you have no choice. TOEFL or IELTS must be done.

If it's BSC, your waec English is enough.

Continue to check. If you don't see cheaper schools, you'll see scholarships
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 8:45pm On Jun 05, 2023
TaiwoKing:
Keep up the good work.
Which level of education is less competitive in terms of the likelihood of being shortlisted and approved for the programme (Bsc. MSc. Ph.D in term of selection )
Also, Vocational programs, are they less competitive or otherwise?
Do you have an idea of the likely questions asked for BSc.(the subject focus) or if there's entrance exam for vocational programme too?

Thanks

All levels are competitive. Just select the one you think you'll be able to shine through.

Entrance exam follows the same format as our jamb. Tech, medical, science and engineering all require you to write science subject exams. Arts and social sciences will require their own subjects.

I don't know anything about their vocational programs
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Jaymub405: 10:32pm On Jun 05, 2023
Thank you for your input.
I'm an HND holder, but will like to apply for BSC in Finland, pls what are the documents I need.
I will like to move with my family, what are the documents I need for my kids and when is the best time to start applying. Pls I need someone to put me through on how to go about my application. Thanks for your response in advance.

Outstandingmam:

Like they informed you above, you don't need IELTS or any letter since you're applying for BSC. For age, I know a 50year old man doing BSC in Finland. He's in his final year now.

If you're single, you don't need legalization so your expenses will be limited to permit application which is around 350 Euro (about N175k) plus service charge of N37,500 and postage fee of 10.5 Euro I think

Your school fees will depend on the school you're going to and airfare of course depends on the airline that'll fly you there when you succeed
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by TabletMan: 10:54pm On Jun 05, 2023
Outstandingmam:

It depends on your smartness. Any program can get you into a Finnish school. It's an equal opportunity system.

For the Msc, your letter of motivation and research proposal are key. Work on it very well. Then there's the interview to face if your letter of motivation and research proposal get you across the first check.

For BSC, you will write an entry exam and after a video chat. Just practice very well because that exam tries to embarrass people.

The good thing is that you can apply for 6 courses in the application round and you can apply for both Msc and BSC courses.

Generally IT has been the go to but with layoffs these days, you can never tell. They seem to be opening up nursing, social works and the likes to foreign students. Before, you had to study them in Finnish but now you have English taught programs.

You alone can decide what you can cope with so I'll advise you to use these 7 months before the application portal opens, to browse through the available courses and prepare what you'll need to make yourself stand out. The competition is getting tighter

Thanks for your reply, I will apply for both Msc and Bsc just that the problem with their Msc is their request for IELTs
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 6:50am On Jun 06, 2023
Jaymub405:
Thank you for your input.
I'm an HND holder, but will like to apply for BSC in Finland, pls what are the documents I need.
I will like to move with my family, what are the documents I need for my kids and when is the best time to start applying. Pls I need someone to put me through on how to go about my application. Thanks for your response in advance.

If you browse through the last few pages of this thread, you'll get most of the information you need. Also requirements could vary depending on the particular school so visit their website. Address is below

studyinfo dot fi
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by TaiwoKing: 8:09am On Jun 06, 2023
Outstandingmam:

All levels are competitive. Just select the one you think you'll be able to shine through.

Entrance exam follows the same format as our jamb. Tech, medical, science and engineering all require you to write science subject exams. Arts and social sciences will require their own subjects.

I don't know anything about their vocational programs

Thanks, i appreciate your time and effort to explain to me. I had planned to leave for Finland this year, if it's Jehovah will. I have started reading this thread from the beginning to get myself familiar with some valuable information that i might need, and already treated previously. I have been examining the studyinfo to evaluate programmes/courses they offer. Overally, i plan to go for a B.Sc. programme and/or Vocational programmes, anything that has to do with skills that can help me start a decent and modest living later. Here in Nigeria, although by qualification, i have Master Degree grin

I preferred starting a fresh in Finland if God's will besides, i want something i love with passion or similar to it that involves skills or using my hands.
i am also a Graphic designer by the way. I would preferred the finnish scholarship route if Jehovah's will.

As for the entrance exam, where do we write it?

Because i read it on this thread that --( '"From my research I will not advise anyone to apply for permit in finland just to write entrance exam.The cost is not the problem now.The truth is YOU WILL BE DENIED!, except the exam will not take place anywhere near Nigeria than finland)

Is it worth it applying for B.sc., You view sir?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by tomsniel(m): 10:23am On Jun 06, 2023
I just got a B.Sc admission to University of Applied Sciences , Oulu, Finland for Spring 2023.

I will try to raise the tuition which is 8000 Euros . I applied for scholarship but I have not gotten it yet.

My Question is can I work over there to raise subsequent tuitions and also I have a Fiancee, can she join me later into my study and be dependant. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.