Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (369) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (950441 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by biggal: 2:53pm On Oct 21, 2023
Mention @pansophist

googlelove:
A friend asked me Why go to Finland. He said Finland is advanced Lagos. The tax rate is high up to 40% you will just be working for the government.

I need clarification on this from people already in Finland. Kindly tell us please
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by docjosh001: 6:08pm On Oct 21, 2023
taiwo92:
Please has anyone gone through the family reunion process to Finland? I want my wife to join me and I need guidance. Thanks in advance

I am interested in this please. Please Taiwo did you manage to bring your wife to Finland, please let me know how you went about it.
If others have similar experience, kindly share. I want to bring my wife and kids to Finland
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by biggal: 5:55am On Oct 23, 2023
Please you guys that are already there please tell us how the economy is. People are say3so many things against finland here. How's finland pls in term of economy, job
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by googlelove: 8:05am On Oct 23, 2023
biggal:
Please you guys that are already there please tell us how the economy is. People are say3so many things against finland here. How's finland pls in term of economy, job
Exactly, no one would tell you about the high tax rate until you get there. Imagine paying 400 euro tax on a 2000€ salary.

Nevertheless, Finland is a nice country if you are not after making money. Wages are the lowest compared to other Nordic countries such as Norway, Sweden and Denmark. Even Finnish nurses japa to Norway sef grin
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by hikiki(m): 6:48pm On Oct 24, 2023
Good evening everyone,pls what range is house rent(single room) in Finland. Thanks in advance
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Adeleyeibrahim: 7:21pm On Oct 24, 2023
hikiki:
Good evening everyone,pls what range is house rent(single room) in Finland. Thanks in advance
I stumbled on this site, u may check it out https://www.ovv.com/vuokrattavat-kohteet/
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by xristos(m): 9:39pm On Oct 26, 2023
tzskillful:
please can you assist me in paying too through your friend?
I can help if u pay for duolingo test or any other online USD payment.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by hikiki(m): 9:26am On Oct 27, 2023
Good morning house. Pardon me for my too many questions,am trying to balance things up before making a decision next year God willing. I heard of an 8 hours job a day,and 2 days off or so. Can someone do 2 jobs on different places a day? And can one work all through the week without there so called off days? Pls I need answers. Thanks in advance
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 27, 2023
anbaar:
To everyone who wrote the UAS Exam today, I wish you resounding success and seemless Grace in the remaining process.

Please is UAS compulsory for University of East Finland
Please I need more lights on UAS Exam.
Thank you.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 2:10pm On Oct 28, 2023
hikiki:
Good morning house. Pardon me for my too many questions,am trying to balance things up before making a decision next year God willing. I heard of an 8 hours job a day,and 2 days off or so. Can someone do 2 jobs on different places a day? And can one work all through the week without there so called off days? Pls I need answers. Thanks in advance

Of course you you can do 2 jobs if you get. As a student however, you can't do more than 30hrs a week. Also, when you start the jobs, nobody will beg you to take off days. You will know you need to take breaks to rest

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Sureplug123(m): 3:19pm On Oct 29, 2023
Chrishertz8:

It is the right site, the price for Nigerian is cheaper. But the price will be slightly higher by the time you convert using black market.
Mine was 19k
it's in naira, why pay in dollar? please share the official site. How long did it take to schedule the test?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Sureplug123(m): 5:05pm On Oct 29, 2023
Adeleyeibrahim:
I greet everyone, please d price I'm seeing after clicking purchase test on Duolingo is #15100, I'm not sure if it's d right site cus what I see online is $59 or its equivalent. Can someone pls share the official Duolingo site. Thanks
have you taken the test?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Kollyman: 1:20am On Nov 07, 2023
Dualingo shouldn't be more than 20 to 22 US dollars if you registered as a Nigerian.

You might have difficulties using your Naira card to pay for it, I will advise that you get a dollar card maybe from GTbank, fund it from black market and use it to pay.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Kollyman: 1:34am On Nov 07, 2023
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by WeddingParol: 1:57am On Nov 07, 2023
Hello Guys,

As Finland Universities January 2024 admission is approaching, I will try to make myself available to assist in answering some questions that might help you in getting it right both from admission to residence permit application decision with Migri.

Thank you to those who have contributed in sustaining this thread upto this point. Kudos.

It is important to mention that I am a post graduate student at one of the Universities in Finland and I learnt alot from great people who were available to help with invaluable information. This I am also ready to do for others.

I have a free discussion group on telegram where people of like minds with some of them also studying in Finland share helpful information. You can search:
Finland 🇫🇮 Resident Permit Prep Group International student on Telegram.
Request to join and you will be approved to join. You can as well scan the Barcode below to join. If I am not available to answer your questions there, several other persons who have gone through the same process will do.

As they say, information is power!

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by WeddingParol: 2:07am On Nov 07, 2023
Due to the current forex crisis in the country which has devalued Naira, I will advise prospective students to specially lookout for Finnish schools with low tuition fees or those with good tuition fee discount. This greatly helps to save alot of money in tuition which can be useful somewhere else.

If this interest you, there is one thing that might limit your options which is your test of English as a foreign language. Some schools will not consider your application if you don't have one, some of those schools in this category charge less tuition while others give good tuition discount upto 70% or more.

You can use Dualingo, Toefl , Ielts among others. Please check the school website to know which one is acceptable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Isah24: 2:59pm On Nov 07, 2023
WeddingParol:
Hello Guys,

As Finland Universities January 2024 admission is approaching, I will try to make myself available to assist in answering some questions that might help you in getting it right both from admission to residence permit application decision with Migri.

Thank you to those who have contributed in sustaining this thread upto this point. Kudos.

It is important to mention that I am a post graduate student at one of the Universities in Finland and I learnt alot from great people who were available to help with invaluable information. This I am also ready to do for others.

I have a free discussion group on telegram where people of like minds with some of them also studying in Finland share helpful information. You can search:
Request to join and you will be approved to join. You can as well scan the Barcode below to join. If I am not available to answer your questions there, several other persons who have gone through the same process will do.

I love Finland

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Isah24: 2:59pm On Nov 07, 2023
WeddingParol:
Hello Guys,

I love Finland i
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Feand4: 10:37pm On Nov 09, 2023
Please has anyone recieved an invitation for the finish interview which is the second phase examination after the first phase exam written on the 19th of october, if not? When do you think they will start sending links because the interview was scheduled for november 8 9 and 10..
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Kathy4jesus: 5:15pm On Nov 10, 2023
Good day everyone, pls is there any school admission still open for January or February intakes? Can I still apply?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by geli12: 5:13am On Nov 12, 2023
Feand4:
Please has anyone recieved an invitation for the finish interview which is the second phase examination after the first phase exam written on the 19th of october, if not? When do you think they will start sending links because the interview was scheduled for november 8 9 and 10..

I received invitation and my date was 10th November.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by WeddingParol: 1:50pm On Nov 12, 2023
Kathy4jesus:
Good day everyone, pls is there any school admission still open for January or February intakes? Can I still apply?

Yes, some admissions are still running, it depends on the course and the school.

Go to the portal, filter it to ongoing admissions and make your selection.

Best of luck
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Iamteepumpin(m): 8:06pm On Nov 12, 2023
geli12:

I received invitation and my date was 10th November.
Please which prove of English did you submit during registration. Ielts or duolingo?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Lavaqueen(f): 9:45pm On Nov 14, 2023
WeddingParol:
Hello Guys,

Please can I have the telegram group link?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by geli12: 5:36am On Nov 16, 2023
Iamteepumpin:
Please which prove of English did you submit during registration. Ielts or duolingo?

I used ielts but there are other accepted tests, so check studyinfo.fi

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Clarangel: 5:00am On Nov 19, 2023
Hi hi
Who has an idea how to get an urgent appointment date? The date they gave me is to far and the admission will be canceled before then
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by maxdozie(m): 7:48am On Nov 19, 2023
Clarangel:
Hi hi
Who has an idea how to get an urgent appointment date? The date they gave me is to far and the admission will be canceled before then

Contact the school and inform them of the late date , I am sure the school would do something or better still extend the time you have
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Sizzy11: 11:48am On Nov 22, 2023
Hello house, please for those of us who got our RP card to Nigeria, we didn't have our passport submitted and stamped or anything. The Rp card is what we present at the airports 🛫 right
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 6:58pm On Nov 22, 2023
Sizzy11:
Hello house, please for those of us who got our RP card to Nigeria, we didn't have our passport submitted and stamped or anything. The Rp card is what we present at the airports 🛫 right

Yeah. The RP card and your passport

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Sizzy11: 10:05am On Nov 23, 2023
Thanks boss, you too much. Leaving this evening. Was feeling somehow about passport looking blank with nothing printed on it.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 12:12pm On Nov 23, 2023
Hello, is anyone coming to Finland this weekend?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Outstandingmam: 6:03pm On Nov 23, 2023
Sizzy11:
Thanks boss, you too much. Leaving this evening. Was feeling somehow about passport looking blank with nothing printed on it.

Congratulations.

Wish you a safe trip and successful sojourn in Suomi

(1) (2) (3) ... (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.