Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,733 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Using A Woman As Your Best Man - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Using A Woman As Your Best Man (12554 Views)

I Caught My Best Man With My Wife Two Weeks To Our Wedding. / Couple Sends Best-man To Prison Over Wedding Suit / Man Rapped Woman As She Slept At House In Livingston (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by ajf(m): 10:09pm On Oct 03, 2012
This is a clear example of man and his unnecessary social process called norm...
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by Excelboi(m): 10:10pm On Oct 03, 2012
Outright bullshiiit
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by toygod2: 10:30pm On Oct 03, 2012
Y under heaven wil u do dat? Guys don die finish abi.
No junior/senior broda,uncle,school mate,church member,neighbour,no male stranger in ur area,then go rent guy?

Evn wld be beta to use MAD MAN sef.
mstchew,wia u descended frm or are u an alien
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by FindOut(m): 10:33pm On Oct 03, 2012
If you know deep within your heart that you wouldn't feel offended if your bride shows up with a man (tall handsome muscled guy) as her Chief bridesmaid, then go ahead.

This question is similiar to asking ''can i wear a pair of jeans and a t-shirt on some converse sneakers (in place of a standard well fitted suit n tie & nice shoes) to my wedding?''
Nobody will slap you if you do this, but u'll likely offend those that matter, & its not just 'right'.

Except in an unexpected situation like Siena's case, i dont think using a woman is really a good idea.

2 Likes

Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by vislabraye(m): 10:41pm On Oct 03, 2012
Does it really matter
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by Nobody: 10:42pm On Oct 03, 2012
dangerzone: Does that really happen or its just a fab??

I'm not into telling porkies. My Best man didn't turn up, there was no time to get anyone else, so a female friend of my wife's stepped into the role. And that's all it is, a role.
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by Nobody: 10:45pm On Oct 03, 2012
bandiejay:

shocked shocked shocked for real??

Yep.
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by xhero: 10:48pm On Oct 03, 2012
Its amazin hw myopic, naïve and ignorant nigerians can be in their thinkin and reasoning...there is absolutely nothin wrong if u decide to av a woman as ur bestman or bestwoman as it is alternatively termed or if a woman decides to have a matron-of-honour as opposed to the usual maid-of-honour commonly used. @op dnt listen to anyone who trys to make u feel like its abnormal...its rare but definitly nt abnormal.
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by KINGwax(m): 10:50pm On Oct 03, 2012
Siena: My best man decided to air a personal grudge on our wedding day, and didn't show up. When we kept calling, he wouldn't respond, in the end, he turned his phone off.

It was left for a female to step into the role of my Best Man, and a brilliant job she did too.

So no, I don't see any big deal using a lady as best man.
jst tell us the title of the movie.
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by BrutusOj(m): 11:18pm On Oct 03, 2012
Wot class re u? Primary 3
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by Omogbhollahorn(m): 11:19pm On Oct 03, 2012
xhero: Its amazin hw myopic, naïve and ignorant nigerians can be in their thinkin and reasoning...there is absolutely nothin wrong if u decide to av a woman as ur bestman or bestwoman as it is alternatively termed or if a woman decides to have a matron-of-honour as opposed to the usual maid-of-honour commonly used. @op dnt listen to anyone who trys to make u feel like its abnormal...its rare but definitly nt abnormal.
Are u married ? If no den u must b a fool if yes y didnt u use ur ex as ur bestman ?

1 Like

Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by Nobody: 11:22pm On Oct 03, 2012
KINGwax: i finally have to admit dt one can never, i repeat, never outshine one's brain. When u try, u only end up being foolish.
When we try to appear western, we eventually disgrace our skin. How is a best man a lady? How is a best lady a man? Is it english or what? That's how we see nothin wrong with homos, nothing special in divorce, nothin bad in marryin an animal.
U, mrs chima tends to support every poo that makes u feel unafrican. Mrs chima is not intelligent. She is a fool. A matured one too!
This is realy funny.
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by Nobody: 11:24pm On Oct 03, 2012
xhero: Its amazin hw myopic, naïve and ignorant nigerians can be in their thinkin and reasoning...there is absolutely nothin wrong if u decide to av a woman as ur bestman or bestwoman as it is alternatively termed or if a woman decides to have a matron-of-honour as opposed to the usual maid-of-honour commonly used. @op dnt listen to anyone who trys to make u feel like its abnormal...its rare but definitly nt abnormal.
This is really not funny.
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by chucky234(m): 11:26pm On Oct 03, 2012
Siena: My best man decided to air a personal grudge on our wedding day, and didn't show up. When we kept calling, he wouldn't respond, in the end, he turned his phone off.

It was left for a female to step into the role of my Best Man, and a brilliant job she did too.

So no, I don't see any big deal using a lady as best man.
Toyota car dat one don comot for bestman na,na bestwoman abi na bestlady I go call am sef.
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by ayobase(m): 11:27pm On Oct 03, 2012
Its now so official for a ''Madam'' to answer ''Sir''. We would surely debate against this before it was implemented, but here we are today.
It will be more demeaning for a ''Man'' to stand in a ''position'' of a ''Woman'', but the reverse is okay!
I might not be supporting this though, but let her be dressed up in feminine suit (trouser) if u must insist!
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by mkohagwu(m): 11:43pm On Oct 03, 2012
wetin pesin no go see for nairaland, you call am best MAN
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by cindyrella(f): 11:58pm On Oct 03, 2012
190: Nairaland's Cindreylla would be my best man the day i decide to marry 3 of my favourite girlfriends
I would probably strangle you before you say yes I do! angry
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by Toktee(m): 12:00am On Oct 04, 2012
Dumb question,it is bestman or bestwoman?
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by kaykash1: 12:16am On Oct 04, 2012
Xactly d reverse happened in dis movie....'made of honour'
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by dayokanu(m): 12:25am On Oct 04, 2012
No thanks. My Shadow would do a better job

1 Like

Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by 190: 12:33am On Oct 04, 2012
cindyrella:
I would probably strangle you before you say yes I do! angry

embarassed embarassed
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by Nobody: 12:38am On Oct 04, 2012
KINGwax: jst tell us the title of the movie.

At least, try being a bit more original with your comment, this has been done to death, unless you can't think for yourself, and have to echo what you've read elsewhere. Sometimes, you need to realise not everyone's like you, or reasons like you. You spend too much time attaching importance to things that aren't a big deal, that you fail to see the wood for the trees.
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by Tolaaaaannni(f): 12:49am On Oct 04, 2012
I think the title will be "Best Woman" then. simple.
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by Nobody: 12:56am On Oct 04, 2012
Tolaaaaannni: I think the title will be "Best Woman" then. simple.

If a woman has to step into the role of Best man, she can. Naturally, you wouldn't be oblighed to address her as such. But she's still performing the duties a male would under the same circumstances. My wife's friend stood in for me when it mattered most, and did a great job. It didn't ruin our day in anyway, and it hasn't affected myself and my wife's married life either. It was pretty much a last minute decision, rather than a coordinated plan.

Things are only a big deal, when you choose to let them be.
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by dangerzone: 1:01am On Oct 04, 2012
Tolaaaaannni: I think the title will be "Best Woman" then. simple.
Are those really ur eyed?
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by dangerzone: 1:03am On Oct 04, 2012
Siena:

If a woman has to step into the role of Best man, she can. Naturally, you wouldn't be oblighed to address her as such. But she's still performing the duties a male would under the same circumstances. My wife's friend stood in for me when it mattered most, and did a great job. It didn't ruin our day in anyway, and it hasn't affected myself and my wife's married life either. It was pretty much a last minute decision, rather than a coordinated plan.

So why did he not show up?just can't imagine how u felt that day.

Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by Tolaaaaannni(f): 1:06am On Oct 04, 2012
Siena:

Of course, but she wouldn't be called a "best man" though, but a "best woman".
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by Nobody: 1:10am On Oct 04, 2012
Tolaaaaannni: Of course, but she wouldn't be called a "best man" though, but a "best woman".

Sure, I agree. But the title says "Using A Woman As Your Best Man." Not how you would address the said woman. Which is exactly what I did, a female played the role of Best Man. I can't make it any clearer.
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by emiye(m): 1:20am On Oct 04, 2012
Siena:

Sure, I agree. But the title says "Using A Woman As Your Best Man." Not how you would address the said woman. Which is exactly what I did, a female played the role of Best Man. I can't make it any clearer.

You sure say you no collect the g/friend or wife of that your proposed bestman so?
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by Tolaaaaannni(f): 1:27am On Oct 04, 2012
Siena:

Oh I was just trying to answer the ops question when he asked;

And what would the title then become?
I wasnt really addressing the topic of the thread. People already helped

him with that part. But If you want my honest opinion, I say a woman can do whatever she wants, she can become the

bestman/bestwoman or simply a bestlady. It doesn't really matter. It's not like it would have any effect on the wedding

process.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Think My Girlfriend Sent Me This Message Intended For Her Secret Lover / Valentine Text Messages / Twitter Users React See Boobs Everywhere, Girl Stripe Unclad In Hilarious Fight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.