Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,527 members, 7,812,643 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

Using A Woman As Your Best Man - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Using A Woman As Your Best Man (12547 Views)

I Caught My Best Man With My Wife Two Weeks To Our Wedding. / Couple Sends Best-man To Prison Over Wedding Suit / Man Rapped Woman As She Slept At House In Livingston (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by patrickmuf(m): 9:17am On Oct 04, 2012
torhuke:
Pls tell her.. Av alwayz read her comments on most thread & she seem to contribute like a psycho..
Very soon, some1 wil come to ds forum to ask if he can impregnate hs wife thru d anus & ms chima will respond sayin datz haw she conceived her 1st baby.. Nonsense.
its possible to get impregnated tru da anus...Chect it up...
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by icequeen22(f): 9:18am On Oct 04, 2012
I think d future bride shld be d one to decide this issue. She must know, accept n respect d intending 'woman of honour'. You also av to consider ur parents & in-law's feelings concernin d issue. Using a lady as a bestman will cause a lot of speculations & gossip as to your intentions. If you, your bride & family members are ready to deal wit that extra baggage at d start of your marital life, then u can ask a lady to be your bestman.
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by nagoma(m): 9:19am On Oct 04, 2012
Sijo01: What will be her dress code??..... Am currently seeing a movie, a guy asked her female best friend to be his best man and she accepted. I was like waoo...,..

You are confused by gender in your use of language.
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by patrickmuf(m): 9:20am On Oct 04, 2012
There is no law thats say a man must be chairman, so i guess thesame logic is applicable here...
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by bernfame(f): 9:25am On Oct 04, 2012
timbros: Help! Advice needed!

My sister wants to use her best buddy (a guy) as her chief bridesmaid on her wedding day.

What do you guys think?
No problem. Just ensure that your sister choses blue colour for 'his dress' and not pink. I think that will make him a very fine 'maid'.
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by tebill(m): 9:42am On Oct 04, 2012
you can go ahead, as long as ur wife uses her ex as her chief bridesmaid
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by babatty(m): 9:48am On Oct 04, 2012
kiloju o riri. Why can't we do tin in our own way dan following traditions all d time. Nothin is wrong using ur best buddy cus is part of d fun. The marriage is what matter most. Am getting married soon and av made up ma mind to use my female cousin, she is the best friend i can ever tink of and she must be by my side by God's grace, my wife is aware of it. She is my lady of honor for d day. If u disapprove go n hug transformer
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by Ekans: 9:52am On Oct 04, 2012
Mrs..Chima:

Shit...I thought your old ass would have said Frankie Little or the Whispers...Marvin Gaye

You need to gone somewhere.

.Woman,ur too mouthy.
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by nuelnuel: 10:39am On Oct 04, 2012
Wait u mustn't use ur best friend as best man-wat if he's married. Now that it's a lady there is no debate bt it.It's better u even find a man 2 pay. how does it even sound a female bestman. Pls it's unthinkable jst find any man and use.
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by Akinlawson: 10:53am On Oct 04, 2012
Stupid nigerian. Lady as best man, wat is d correlation? Kindly allow ur fiancee to use her ex-boyfrnd as best lady.
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by zoedicus: 11:02am On Oct 04, 2012
Siena: My best man decided to air a personal grudge on our wedding day, and didn't show up. When we kept calling, he wouldn't respond, in the end, he turned his phone off.

It was left for a female to step into the role of my Best Man, and a brilliant job she did too.

So no, I don't see any big deal using a lady as best man.
yea, ur name tell d whole story better.
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by jesse8048(m): 11:05am On Oct 04, 2012
mashnino: mehn.....

can you guys see what i mean by STUPIDITY..

you said best-man and you are thinking of using a woman...

so what will your wife use na

Don't mind the Maga his wife will use a man as the brides mate to balance the equation.
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by kavey10(m): 11:11am On Oct 04, 2012
babatty: kiloju o riri. Why can't we do tin in our own way dan following traditions all d time. Nothin is wrong using ur best buddy cus is part of d fun. The marriage is what matter most. Am getting married soon and av made up ma mind to use my female cousin, she is the best friend i can ever tink of and she must be by my side by God's grace, my wife is aware of it. She is my lady of honor for d day. If u disapprove go n hug transformer

Did u just say 'my wife'? Ur Nairaland i.d says you are a FEMALE! God, wat is going on!
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by Sijo01(f): 11:18am On Oct 04, 2012
nagoma:

You are confused by gender in your use of language.

Am not confuse, youngman. That was just a mistake.
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by Korrection(m): 11:22am On Oct 04, 2012
NAIRALAND IS GETTING CRAPY....IS THIS NOT WORSE THAN THE GARRI SAGA IN NAIRALAND...AGAIN HOW HAS THIS AFFECTED THE PRICE OF GARRI IN THE MARKET...OYA MODS BAN ME AND SEE WHO IS MORE SENSELESS....WOMAN FOR A BEST MAN..OP YOU ARE SIMPLY AN ANUS
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by freshside: 11:22am On Oct 04, 2012
u shuld first of all ask urself hw u will feel if ur wife uses a guy as her chief bridemaid
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by Korrection(m): 11:22am On Oct 04, 2012
NAIRALAND IS GETTING CRAPY....IS THIS NOT WORSE THAN THE GARRI SAGA IN NAIRALAND...AGAIN HOW HAS THIS AFFECTED THE PRICE OF GARRY IN THE MARKET...OYA MODS BAN ME AND SEE WHO IS MORE SENSELESS....WOMAN FOR A BEST MAN..OP YOU ARE SIMPLY AN ANUS
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by abiamahart: 11:34am On Oct 04, 2012
i tire for una o!
okay for the guy Bestwoman and the lady will have Chief Bridesman.
Laughing upsidedown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by davidugotex(m): 11:46am On Oct 04, 2012
If u would be comfortable if ur wife use a guy(probably her ex) as her Maid of Honour, then go ahead with ur naughty idea.

But let me ask u dis question, If u loved the said lady that much why didn't u make her ur wife instead?

My piece of advice: there are beta ways to honour ur female buddy during ur wedding, if u can't convince ur wife to make ha d Maid of Honour, then let ha be among ur bridal train(Asoebi).
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by Lacuzy: 11:46am On Oct 04, 2012
@op it depends on wat u want der is alwz a first tym in evrytn.its ur weddin
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by Clemzy16(m): 12:05pm On Oct 04, 2012
Siena: My best man decided to air a personal grudge on our wedding day, and didn't show up. When we kept calling, he wouldn't respond, in the end, he turned his phone off.

It was left for a female to step into the role of my Best Man, and a brilliant job she did too.

So no, I don't see any big deal using a lady as best man.
That must be a rented bestman.
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by JoanJohnson(f): 12:14pm On Oct 04, 2012
@OP, go and see the movie "Maid of Honor". Its a foreign movie, wen u're done with it, then u can decide who to use.
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by BaBaMike: 12:25pm On Oct 04, 2012
Henryneo: Is it ok to have a female as your "Best Man" for your wedding? And what would the title then become?
The thing is she is actually my best buddy and I can't think of anyone else I could use. Guys help me out

If you want to use a woman as your best man, there should be no reason why you can't. As far as a title goes, you could go with a variety of titles: Best Woman or Honor Attendant! Best Friend, etc.
Ultimatly, it is your wedding and you should do what will make you that happiest.
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by chiomagold: 1:09pm On Oct 04, 2012
winkWell I can't agree more. I v actually given such tot. As in using one of my close male pals as my Man of Honour yle my future hubby uses a close lady pal of his as his Best lady. I mean, he s my man n I m supposed to know his friends; both male n female so she won't b a stranger.
Its funny this topic came up. Seriously, there's nofin wrong in that to me.its all bout understandin. Bout time we do some fins out of d norm.
I say, go for it guy. Its an adventure. Be d first man to break the rites of marriage. U could b in the guinness book of records. Making u a celebrity. grin
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by KINGwax(m): 1:33pm On Oct 04, 2012
Siena:

At least, try being a bit more original with your comment, this has been done to death, unless you can't think for yourself, and have to echo what you've read elsewhere. Sometimes, you need to realise not everyone's like you, or reasons like you. You spend too much time attaching importance to things that aren't a big deal, that you fail to see the wood for the trees.
okay. I shld hope you're done. Or u got more rubbish to spew?
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by BeraBera(f): 2:59pm On Oct 04, 2012
Henryneo: Is it ok to have a female as your "Best Man" for your wedding? And what would the title then become?
The thing is she is actually my best buddy and I can't think of anyone else I could use. Guys help me out
Why don't you just go ahead and marry your female bestman and leave the other innocent lady alone.
Come to think of it, if she says she wants to use one of her male friends as her chief brides maid/chief brides man, HOW WOULD YOU FEEL? WILL YOU APPROVE OF IT?
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by BeraBera(f): 3:12pm On Oct 04, 2012
Siena:

I'm not into telling porkies. My Best man didn't turn up, there was no time to get anyone else, so a female friend of my wife's stepped into the role. And that's all it is, a role.
The difference between Siena's female best man and the one OP is trying to use is definitely clear.
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by timbros(m): 4:05pm On Oct 04, 2012
babatty: kiloju o riri. Why can't we do tin in our own way dan following traditions all d time. Nothin is wrong using ur best buddy cus is part of d fun. The marriage is what matter most. Am getting married soon and av made up ma mind to use my female cousin, she is the best friend i can ever tink of and she must be by my side by God's grace, my wife is aware of it. She is my lady of honor for d day. If u disapprove go n hug transformer

Why wont u choose your female cousin when its a LESBIAN MARRIAGE your having? Please we are talking about a MAN marrying a WOMAN here not WOMAN getting married to a fellow WOMAN...
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 04, 2012
xhero:
Finally! Somebody wit sense...dis proves dat not all nigerians r stupid

finally, a r*etarded with an empty cranium...this proved dat no nigerian is cursed like you
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by Nobody: 9:09pm On Oct 04, 2012
kavey10:

Did u just say 'my wife'? Ur Nairaland i.d says you are a FEMALE! God, wat is going on!
God bless you...she is a female but she shot herself in the foot when she forgot her gender while ranting out her lies
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by Nobody: 9:23pm On Oct 04, 2012
patrickmuf: its possible to get impregnated tru da anus...Chect it up...

How old are you? Have you taken any biology classes? undecided
Re: Using A Woman As Your Best Man by xhero: 11:35pm On Oct 04, 2012
Chuks84: You must be. A very stupid person. Stop the generalisation. Just because people have views that differ from yours doesn't mean you should start abusing Nigerians as a whole. As if you are not nigerian sef. Its you and your whole generation that is silly.
I'm sori, i can only reply one fool @ a tym, so plz wait 4 ur turn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can You Know A Virgin By Just Looking At Her? / When You Wake Up At Night And You See Your Girlfriend Like This. / I Think My Girlfriend Sent Me This Message Intended For Her Secret Lover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.