Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,187 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes (31530 Views)

Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter / President Jonathan's Speech On Recent Floods Experienced / Traditional Ruler Drowns In Delta Floods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by whitedove1: 6:44am On Oct 04, 2012
Lmfao

Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by Forester45(m): 7:00am On Oct 04, 2012
This is a good news for wildlifers & zoo and park managers like me. Kai.....i dont have eqiupments to arrest d hippotamus & d crocodilus and charge them to court for truancy, after which i will confine them in a zoo. Lets consult wildlife contractors or personally consult me to tell u what to do. 08185981755(private consultant)
Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by lorddannie: 7:06am On Oct 04, 2012
jude33084:

Have U̶̲̅ seen a hippo b4? U̶̲̅ think say na rabbit grin picture ∂ very big cow, hippo is twice Ŧħåϯ size. smiley
chai! are you about hippo or mama ngozi?
Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by Slizbeat(m): 7:16am On Oct 04, 2012
Lol, hippo ko, Rhino ni
Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by Nobody: 7:28am On Oct 04, 2012
I said that earlier
Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by Nobody: 7:32am On Oct 04, 2012
basisop: grin Hate to laugh but the man is also funny "I hope that when it is tired it may leave my home". Leave to where?

lol, The man said the truth oo. Abi u wan make him go fight the hipo
Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by surmeister(m): 7:51am On Oct 04, 2012
Free meat o.
Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by ajos(m): 8:22am On Oct 04, 2012
overdrive: That na better meat na God butter the man bread we dey find that kind meat for enugu here.
Onyara...igbos can chop any kind of meat a.k.a bush meat.una be cannibals...lol
Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by cuteoly(f): 8:24am On Oct 04, 2012
hardbody:

May God answer your prayer and may you have massive flood hitting your home and may it bring with it crocs, snakes and hippos so you can have enough meat to eat. slowpoke

We reject it in Jesus name... Amen
Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by thirdeye(m): 8:29am On Oct 04, 2012
Never knew the obsession for negative news by the western media can be carried this far BBC for that matter. What a stupid lie!! And most dissapointing some Nigerians are beleiving this trash of a news.
Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by megxo(m): 8:29am On Oct 04, 2012
Todaynatoday: h i p for the hip for the hip
p o p o for the hippopo
and t a m u s for the hippopotamus.
HIPPOPOTAMUS!
ur primary skool teacher try cheesy
Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by asala1: 8:57am On Oct 04, 2012
Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by Biggyd2: 9:31am On Oct 04, 2012
God help us. The situation is getting worse. With this, surely there will be serious scarcity of food in the country very soon.
Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by OILOFGLADNESS: 9:39am On Oct 04, 2012
Scarpon: oyibo Don add salt and pepper
INFACT! MY BROTHER, IF NA TRUE DE 4 SHOW US MAKE WE SEE AM
Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by IYANGBALI: 9:41am On Oct 04, 2012
Gorillas and monkeys are now dancing in my bedroom
Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by EzePromoe: 9:49am On Oct 04, 2012
My Ijaw brothers, this is a nice opportunity to go and possess your possession. Your fishes as being killed unjustly by petrochemicals. This is a bigger offer for you.
Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 04, 2012
basisop: grin Hate to laugh but the man is also funny "I hope that when it is tired it may leave my home". Leave to where?

The man saw meat and rejected it. Chei... I wonder why Nigerians run away from opportunites.
Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 04, 2012
The man will soon start paying rent to the hippoppotamus.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by cuteoly(f): 9:56am On Oct 04, 2012
Bosuntop: I dont think some people know the meaning of flood distroying a whole community,its heartless to joke about it. God please help the community and intervane in their problems.. Amen

I wonder oo.. A big Amen to ur prayer
Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by greall1: 10:16am On Oct 04, 2012
BBC u can lie ooooooO funny.
Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 04, 2012
gbadexy: I didn't know too that we have hippos in Nigeria.
I wonder how many wild animals we have in nigeria.

Just two, Only Dogs and Baboons.
grin
Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by Krucifax(m): 10:27am On Oct 04, 2012
virtuoso01: Dangerous animals, including crocodiles, snakes and hippos, have found their way into homes and communities in central Nigeria after devastating flooding, residents say.

The creatures were carried along flood-swollen rivers, say the authorities.

"There is now a hippopotamus in [my] house," Benue state resident Wuese Jirake told the BBC. "I hope that when it is tired, it may leave myhome."
Hundreds of thousands of people have been displaced by the flooding.

Hundreds also died in the worst flooding in decades.

Vast tracts of farmland have been completely destroyed.

Mr Jirake told the BBC he had returned to his home to find it occupied by the hippo.

"This morning I visited my house. It is still inundated with the flood waters above my waist. There is now a hippopotamus in the house," he said.
He said he had reported the situation to the authorities.

"I hope that when it is tired, it may leave my home. If there is any other way of dealing with the problem, the authorities need to pursue that because it is beyond my abilities."

Similar situations have been reported in the towns of Makurdi, Agatu, Logo and Adoka, says the BBC's Is'haq Khalid.

Nigeria's National Emergency Management Agency says it is working hand in hand with the Benue state government and other relevant agencies to ensure the flood victims return to their homes.

The co-ordinator of the agency in north-central Nigeria, Abdussalam Muhammad, told the BBC that it was not safe for people to go back to their houses because of the presence of the dangerous animals.

"Presently there are crocodiles and snakes as well as other dangerous animals brought in by the floodwaters that are living in those houses, so, if the people return, it will be harmful to them and they will put their lives at risk," he said.
He said people should wait for instructions after the floodwaters have subsided.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19818180

Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by zionic(m): 10:46am On Oct 04, 2012
hipo meat...A delicacy yet to forget
Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by 2nedo(m): 11:03am On Oct 04, 2012
bandiejay:

Rofl grin grin grin
So bbc sef dey frame abi na ppl dey frame bbc
Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by Clemzy16(m): 11:43am On Oct 04, 2012
Meaning there are hipoppotamus in Nigeria and There is none in our zoo. Lol. When will BBC stop reporting fake news about Nigeria?
Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by Cupidkc(m): 11:50am On Oct 04, 2012
NatGeowld
Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by Madasisteve: 12:01pm On Oct 04, 2012
cry kiss cry cry
Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by vislabraye(m): 12:16pm On Oct 04, 2012
What a pity!!
I wonder why people are surprised that hipopotamus is found in Nigeria. Do you know how big Nigeria is? Mind you, there are other big wild cats in the country.
Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 04, 2012
Iaz93:

this ya hippo na baby hippo, maybe 1 week old.... A mother hippo is twice d size of an elephant

You dey very fat if dis is true. hmmm.
Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by cutepresh(f): 12:22pm On Oct 04, 2012
ArQueBusieR:
Yeah...until they try to eat you.

Sorry Hippos are vegeterians...
Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by cutepresh(f): 12:24pm On Oct 04, 2012
vislabraye: What a pity!!
I wonder why people are surprised that hipopotamus is found in Nigeria. Do you know how big Nigeria is? Mind you, there are other big wild cats in the country.
Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by tope24(m): 12:27pm On Oct 04, 2012
gbayi. na u try pass
Todaynatoday: h i p for the hip for the hip
p o p o for the hippopo
and t a m u s for the hippopotamus.
HIPPOPOTAMUS!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Dangerous Trip To Maiduguri On A Relief Mission with Pictures-Femi Owolabi / Ekitigate: Senator Omisore Confesses In Ghana / Obasanjo Cuts His 80th Birthday Cake (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.