Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,539 members, 7,850,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:51 AM

3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport - Crime (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport (125575 Views)

65-Year-Old Woman Burnt To Death By Cultists In Lagos / Calabar Boy Caught And Burnt To Death For Stealing (Graphic Photo) / 3 Students Beaten To Coma For Stealing Panties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 06, 2012
sexkillz:
A sin is a sin.

Do not compartmentalize sin.

All sin is equal in the sight of God.

If you have ever begged God or any man for forgiveness, you would understand better.

But i guess you are a perfect man without sin. . .

a sin is a sin

really?

all sin is equal in the sight of God?

in the eyes of God, picking a pocket and murder are on the same scale?

for real?
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 06, 2012
pDude:

Yes ooo. Thank God that He is God. And he who the son of man has set free is free indeed.
You see. . .

Now why are you denying other sinful men a right for God to forgive them as well?

Even when Jesus was impaled, the sinner that was impaled along with him, a murderer, begged him for forgiveness. . . And he was forgiven.

Everyone deserves a second chance.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 9:46am On Oct 06, 2012
maclatunji:

The point you're missing is that lynchings are counter-productive. Let me agree for the sake of argument that these guys are actually robbers. The next question is: How does killing them in cold blood tell us:

1. Who their bosses are?

2. How many they are in their gang?

3. How their gang operates?

4. Why they all went into robbery?

5. Where they get their weapons from?

6. Where do they hide them?

7. What their future plans are?

You see that by lynching them, we have lost answers to these questions and a great opportunity to protect future potential victims. Until we begin to make government work and uphold the law, we will continue to live in a jungle-like environment and live like animals. You're lucky to be alive after your ordeal, we need to make our country work in a holistic way rather than become lawmakers and enforcers; plaintiff and judge at the same.

Justice must be done to the victims and perpetrators of crime for society to function effectively.

Come to Alakahia, then go to Rumuosi and then Rumuekini, all neighboring villages are in peace free from crime because in the past this mob action Justice was done. Their vigilante there is very strong, the police will attest to that, all the bad boys in that area then came to Aluu and now with this one perhaps they will run to Isiokpo or Omagwa.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by njokujeoffrey(m): 9:47am On Oct 06, 2012
[quote

author=texazzpete]http://oversabirepublic./2012/10/05/photos-viewer-discretion-is-advised-3-students-burnt-to-death-at-uniport-for-stealing/

Three
boys alleged to be students of The University of Portharcourt were
today burnt to death at the University premises. It was alleged that
they were robbing and terrorizing other students before they were
rounded up, beaten and later burnt with tyres by their fellow students.

[img]http://oversabirepublic.files./2012/10/burn-at-uniport-3.jpg?w=614[/img][/quote]
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Ib(f): 9:47am On Oct 06, 2012
@ Otokx, i was in uniport for a bit na....i know the school and Aluu wella. Infact, i was robbed at shining machete point there sef. The school was fun by i found that the students (boys and girls alike) were very prone to violence.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 9:48am On Oct 06, 2012
the last theory we heard was they were smokers of weed, what is the latest now?
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 06, 2012
maclatunji:

The point you're missing is that lynchings are counter-productive. Let me agree for the sake of argument that these guys are actually robbers. The next question is: How does killing them in cold blood tell us:

1. Who their bosses are?

2. How many they are in their gang?

3. How their gang operates?

4. Why they all went into robbery?

5. Where they get their weapons from?

6. Where do they hide them?

7. What their future plans are?

You see that by lynching them, we have lost answers to these questions and a great opportunity to protect future potential victims. Until we begin to make government work and uphold the law, we will continue to live in a jungle-like environment and live like animals. You're lucky to be alive after your ordeal, we need to make our country work in a holistic way rather than become lawmakers and enforcers; plaintiff and judge at the same.

Justice must be done to the victims and perpetrators of crime for society to function effectively.

very high sounding words - but we both know the system does not work like that.

the only time criminals are ever brought to book in this country is when they kill big men pikin eg cynthia - whose murderers had at least 4 other victims.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by maclatunji: 9:48am On Oct 06, 2012
sexkillz:
A sin is a sin.

All sin is equal in the sight of God.

Murder is the same as using vulgar language? undecided You need a reappraisal.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 06, 2012
Siena: It's worth noting, not every person lynched is guilty, this is the point I'm trying to get across. When we were robbed, my mom was threatened, as we the children were. My dad unfortunately got beaten. I still wouldn't wish death on these bandits, definitely not in this manner.

Some say mob rule / lynching sends a strong message to others. I beg to disagree. Armed robbery is on the rise, even with the risk of being killed if they're caught, it hasn't stopped robbers. The same goes in countries where the Death Penalty still exists, it hasn't stopped crimes. If anything, it makes matters worse. These bandits mete out worse atrocities to their victims, it's a vicious cycle that seems endless.

Everyone deserves a fair trial, they're innocent until proven guilty. If the Criminal Justice system in Nigeria doesn't work, then leave vengeance to God. I have a conscience, and that wouldn't allow me to kill another human, and feel no remorse. Killing without feeling is cold-blooded, such a person needs very little to push him / her over the edge. It's said that the first killing a person carries out is the hardest, after that, it gets progressively easier, and that's what's so frightening.

siena, remember you basically amputated a car thief's leg below the knee o - you no think riminal justice system when you do that

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 06, 2012
oyb:

a sin is a sin

really?

all sin is equal in the sight of God?

in the eyes of God, picking a pocket and murder are on the same scale?

for real?
I am sorry, holy one. . .

If you were a man that reads his bible well, a Christian that follows in the footsteps of Christ, a sinner that begs for forgiveness, you will know that all sins are equal. . .

But you are not. You are perfect, and without sin.

Its just like saying a yahoo boy is not a criminal because he did not rob you at gunpoint. . .

I get it now, sir.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by otokx(m): 9:51am On Oct 06, 2012
since some say they were musicians, lets put it this way, this guys were actually members of a choir having an all night rehearsal, it was the palm wine tapper up on the tree smoking weed.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 06, 2012
maclatunji:

Murder is the same as using vulgar language? undecided You need a reappraisal.
Define "sin". . .

There lies your answer. . .
otokx: @obadiah777

go and quote those scriptures to Babangida, OBJ and the rest of them who live to very ripe ages and die with a smile on their face living billions in dollars for their children's, children's, children to a 1000 generations.

Have you not heard of Okotie Eboh, the money he stole in the 60s has not finished even to this day and then there was no oil.
OBVIOUSLY YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW THE LORD WORKS. NIGERIA, THE SOUTHERN PARTS OF NIGERIA SPECIFICALLY, AND OTHER PARTS OF WEST AFRICA, IS WHERE ALL THE REAL JEWS RAN INTO WHEN THEY GOT KICKED OUT OF NORTHEAST AFRICA ( THE MIDDLE EAST ). YOU ARE IN WHAT IS CALLED SECOND DEATH ( HELL ). YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE GOING THROUGH HELL. HOWEVER IT IS FOR A PERIOD OF TIME. ( DUNNO MAYBE 1000 YEARS ). NOW WHILE YOU ARE IN HELL YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ENJOYING SO THE LORD SETS UP CERTAIN GREEDY PEOPLE TO HOARD ALL THE WEALTH. THOSE ARE THE FAMILYS YOU HAVE MENTIONED. THE DANGOTES, DANTATAS, OTEDOLAS, BABANGIDAS, OBJ. THESE ARE THE FAMILYS SET UP ( DUE TO THEIR OWN GREED OF COURSE BECAUSE GOD DOES NOT LET YOU SIN. BUT HE PUTS THE GREEDIEST PEOPLE IN CHARGE ) TO KEEP ALL THE WEALTH OF THE COUNTRY SO THAT YOUR HELL IS AS HELLISH AS IT SHOULD BE. HOWEVER YOU DONT WANT TO SEE THE END RESULTS OF THOSE FAMILYS WHEN THE TIME APPORTIONED FOR HELL IS OVER

REVELATION 3 VS 17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

THOSE RICH FAMILIES WILL BE DESTROYED WITHOUT MERCY AT THE APPOINTED TIME.
sexkillz: How did the community know that these were the guys hurting them?

Why are you disregarding the fact that they are cultists coming from the home of a fellow cultist where they grabbed those items from?

If indeed they did not hurt the villagers, couldn't they have gotten useful information from them?

Do you know that members of the police force smoke egbo?

I have a journalist friend. Would you believe me if i told you that a top ACN politician with " ol ah inu" in his names smoke egbo as well?

Oga Killz you ask how the community knew these guys were hurting them right? good now lemme tell you.

1. How would you feel if your daughter was no longer safe in the land of your inheritance because some silly cult boys from the nearby university were robbing and challowing people in that community and taking their valuables.

2. How would you feel if you invested a lot of money and built a block of BQs for rent to students, only to find out that your property is useless because no one comes to rent it because of insecurity?

3. How will you feel if you son can no longer walk freely in the evening or visit his friends' houses nearby because he will be challowed and harassed by some cult boys?

4. How would you feel if your community or village has become an unsafe haven just because the university's students are making life dreadful for your people.

Remember that this community is your village/town!! Imagine not being able to feel safe on my own land!!!

Abeg, those guys had it coming.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by sarutobie(m): 9:54am On Oct 06, 2012
obadiah777: JAMES 2 VS 13 because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful

GENESIS 9 VS 6 Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed; for in the image of God has God made man

NUMBERS 35 VS 33 Bloodshed pollutes the land, and atonement cannot be made for the land on which blood has been shed, except by the blood of the one who shed it.

ALL THOSE WHO DID THIS ? THEY ARE LIVING ON BORROWED TIME. THEY HAVE SET A TRAP FOR THEMSELVES WHICH THEY WILL FALL IN.
that is why I said initially that this country will never move forward..a counry drenched in broad daylight murder in the name of jungle justice will forever be a jungle..look at aba,they will continue to reap their rewards for the countless blood of man,woman and teenagers they have killed..like the book of numbers says,how many blood will they need to clean the hundreds of sould they have killed?.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Softing(m): 9:54am On Oct 06, 2012
People will always steal.. Right now there is going to be arm robbery killings by rubbers.... That was jungle justice... There is law punishment for stealing.... Those people involve in the killing should be arrested... For murder... Those victims deserve a second chance peolpe always change....Sft....
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 9:55am On Oct 06, 2012
pDude:

Oga Killz you ask how the community knew these guys were hurting them right? good now lemme tell you.

1. How would you feel if your daughter was no longer safe in the land of your inheritance because some silly cult boys from the nearby university were robbing and challowing people in that community and taking their valuables.

2. How would you feel if you invested a lot of money and built a block of BQs for rent to students, only to find out that your property is useless because no one comes to rent it because of insecurity?

3. How will you feel if you son can no longer walk freely in the evening or visit his friends' houses nearby because he will be challowed and harassed by some cult boys?

4. How would you feel if your community or village has become an unsafe haven just because the university's students are making life dreadful for your people.

Remember that this community is your village/town!! Imagine not being able to feel safe on my own land!!!

Abeg, those guys had it coming.
I said, how did the community know that the 4 guys they killed, were the ones hurting them?

Was an investigation carried out?

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by maclatunji: 9:55am On Oct 06, 2012
oyb:

very high sounding words - but we both know the system does not work like that.

the only time criminals are ever brought to book in this country is when they kill big men pikin eg cynthia - whose murderers had at least 4 other victims.

It is not enough to just say the system does not work, you need to engage with the system and try to make it work. My community was going downhill with neighbours afraid of neighbours until a few of us were brave enough to engage the community and tried to turn things around. With sincerity of purpose and the help of God, things are much better now- I don't just speak in theory, I speak from experience.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 06, 2012
sexkillz: I am sorry, holy one. . .

If you were a man that reads his bible well, a Christian that follows in the footsteps of Christ, a sinner that begs for forgiveness, you will know that all sins are equal. . .

Its just like saying a yahoo boy is not a criminal because he did not rob you at gunpoint. . .

I get it now, sir.

a yahoo boy is a criminal - but the repercussions of armed robbery are far worse than just loss of valuables

i'm sorry to say this, but i think you need to be a victim of some sort of vicious crime, then we will see how all this forgive and forget you are spouting will stand up

armed robbery means you wake up at the slightest sound at night
it means you sleep only one hour in the night
it means you start to sweat in a hold up
it means you look at everybody with suspicion - your neighbours, your driver, your laundryman
it means questions about your lifestyle - nigerians actually blame victims for 'attracting theives to them'
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by maclatunji: 9:59am On Oct 06, 2012

I get it now, sir.

Guy you're on the wrong path, it would do you well to just leave the argument. Sins have grades, if they didn't God wouldn't destroy certain people and spare others even in your Bible.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 06, 2012
oyb: siena, remember you basically amputated a car thief's leg below the knee o - you no think riminal justice system when you do that

Yes, I bust a young man's leg. If you recall, it was a reflex action, I slammed the door on his leg, and wasn't aware it was broken, untill the case went to trial three months later. I didn't kill him, but I still regret my actions that cost him a leg. With lynchings in Nigeria, if we go by the responses here, there's no remorse, no feelings of regret. And if you ask these killers if they would do it again, the answer would be an emphatic YES.

Worse thing is, out of 30-odd people in an angry mob, only one or two may know what the victim/s actually did, and may be the only ones affected by the actions of the alleged thief. The rest are simply blood-thirsty followers, who merely responded to the shouts of "Ole!"

A reflex action is pretty different from pre-meditated murder, which is what a public lynching is. These guys set out to kill, and that's exactly what they end up achieving.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by maclatunji: 10:00am On Oct 06, 2012
oyb:

a yahoo boy is a criminal - but the repercussions of armed robbery are far worse than just loss of valuables

i'm sorry to say this, but i think you need to be a victim of some sort of vicious crime, then we will see how all this forgive and forget you are spouting will stand up

it means you look at everybody with suspicion - your neighbours, your driver, your laundryman
it means questions about your lifestyle - nigerians actually blame victims for 'attracting theives to them'

I agree that criminals deserve punishment but you don't go committing new crimes in a bid to curb previous ones. That is where we differ.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 06, 2012
candieangel12:

Hmmm okay ooo let me believe that the small di.ck size is a result of them being burned because honestly I was shocked to see the small size, I didnt think a black man's di.ck could be that small...that stood out the most in the pictures
YOU ARE A WASTED SEMEN

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by sarutobie(m): 10:04am On Oct 06, 2012
maclatunji:

Guy you're on the wrong path, it would do you well to just leave the argument. Sins have grades, if they didn't God wouldn't destroy certain people and spare others even in your Bible.
my friend! Read your bible and stop these heresies!.paul persected christains.he locked them up and killed many YET God used him to bring the goodnews to non jews like us.even david coveted another man's wife and killed the man(indirectly) he begged for forgivness and was forgiven.Christ even came from his lineage..stop these your heresies
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 06, 2012
oyb:

I have been a victim of armed robbers. Not once, but twice. . . All my possessions were taken.

All i was praying for was my life.

But again, was an investigation carried out to know if these 4 guys were armed robbers?

Where they caught in the act of robbing someone?

Were they armed?

Where are the arms?

how were the arms gotten?

Who supplies the arms?

Who are the other gang members?

Questions upon questions. . .

Guess we'll never know.

After all, the 4 guys are dead and robberies will cease. . . Halleluyah
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by playahP(m): 10:05am On Oct 06, 2012
My update is the truest and realest!!

Gov. Amaechi just issued an order to arrest all those involved in the killings and charge them for murder!!!!

I just got the full details of what happened but I wouldn't let it all out till full arrest and execution of those bloody villagers has been carried out!!

3 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 06, 2012
sexkillz: I said, how did the community know that the 4 guys they killed, were the ones hurting them?

Well,if it is pink, fat and snorts like a pig, it is a pig.

They saw 5 guys smoking pot in the dead of the night with suspicious items, and in a property/building that wasn't theirs. And 1 of them fled. What do you then expect? So you wanted them to start asking questions and interrogating? Nor be naija again?

Maybe the uncompleted building had a sign "Trespassers will be severely dealt with" but they didn't see it or ignored it. wink
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 06, 2012
sarutobie: my friend! Read your bible and stop these heresies!.paul persected christains.he locked them up and killed many YET God used him to bring the goodnews to non jews like us .even david coveted another man's wife and killed the man(indirectly) he begged for forgivness and was forgiven.Christ even came from his lineage..stop these your heresies
IF YOU ARE FROM THE SOUTHERN PARTS OF NIGERIA, YOU ARE THE REAL JEWS, BUT THATS A DIFFERENT TOPIC.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 06, 2012
maclatunji:

Well, i am not about to argue religion with you, great one.

You have no rights to argue the bible with me, since you are not a Christian and all the information you have about the bible are hear says.

I am a Christian and i know what the bible says. You cannot tell me otherwise.

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 06, 2012

I get it now, sir.

so why are there seven deadly sins and seven circles of hell if 'sin is sin'?

anyway, i'm a muslim
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by playahP(m): 10:09am On Oct 06, 2012
sexkillz: I said, how did the community know that the 4 guys they killed, were the ones hurting them?

Those boys are not armed robbers!! They've never robbed or killed anyone!! But its unfortunate that the person they went to overthrow lives in an area that has been plagued by robbery!! The indigenes of that community were already frustrated and they took it out on nything that looks like ..........it
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Goldieluks: 10:10am On Oct 06, 2012
playah P: My update is the truest and realest!!

Gov. Amaechi just issued an order to arrest all those involved in the killings and charge them for murder!!!!

I just got the full details of what happened but I wouldn't let it all out till full arrest and execution of those bloody villagers has been carried out!!

YES!!! They should get their verdict on those bollocks villagers.

Keep us posted pls.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (52) (Reply)

Stain Lace: I Was Robbed In My House In Akwa Ibom During Lockdown (Graphic Pics) / Cult Leader, Jboy, Killed In Cross River (Photos) / Gang Rape In Enugu Secondary Schools: JSS Students Initiated Into Viron Queens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.