Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,378 members, 7,861,047 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:04 PM

3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport - Crime (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport (125664 Views)

65-Year-Old Woman Burnt To Death By Cultists In Lagos / Calabar Boy Caught And Burnt To Death For Stealing (Graphic Photo) / 3 Students Beaten To Coma For Stealing Panties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by seunajia: 8:45am On Oct 06, 2012
oyb:

going by the story, the boys were caught in an uncompleted building with laptops and mobile phones

let me point something out - the theives went through five other houses and were stocking their loot somewhere between each invasion. my house was the last house they came to because the neighbourhood had been alerted.

you see boys in an uncompleted building with stolen good, they are meeting to share the loot.

anyway, truth be told, you will be liberal and logical and rule of law about these things until you experience them and realise just how powerless you are as a citizen in this country

@oyb, killing them wouldn't be a reflex action, giving them a beating of their miserable lives might be. Just like self defence is, sometimes.

You know why we shouldn't condone this? Just an added reason: Sometimes, the innocent get caught up in it.

Then again, burning people in the full glare of the public is, haba?! Subhanallah!
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by freecocoa(f): 8:46am On Oct 06, 2012
You people pdude and the rest should stop sounding like you have no conscience na, these boys weren't caught with arms, just laptops and phones and smoking weed,almost half of the people on NL smoke weed according to them, police people sef smoke weed.

Why kill them in such cruel manner?I keep asking, did they kill anybody? Did anyone identify them as thieves who has stolen from them before? Its just pure evil and wickedness on the part of those villagers and vigilante men who are mostly thieves and criminals themselves. This case should not just die like that, something should be done to those murderers, this isn't right biko.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Goldieluks: 8:46am On Oct 06, 2012
pDude:

Yeah, but you want their families to revenge. And by revenge I guess you mean that they should mete out similar treatment to the killers (especially that guy beating them with a plank), am I right?

Revenge is never an answer. Two wrongs never made a right. They should accept it as Karma having its way on cultists. It's not as if those guys were broke or lonely. They had money, friends, cars and girls. They just wanted to be seen as the baddest guys on campus.

I guess they laid their beds. Now they lie still in them. cry

I don't know what you a preaching, but as for me, the killers should be brought to justice. They do not have the right to take laws into their unlawful hands.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by tpia5: 8:48am On Oct 06, 2012
too barbaric.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 06, 2012
a lot of the time, people even have an idea of who the thieves or robbers are. a friend recounted an incident in which some small boys robbed them and a few days later they saw a boy in the area sauntering around in one of his shirts and he could not do anything

there was even a minor case in my close where there was a fellow who was stealing parts from peoples cars. we all knew exactly who it was, but because he was never caught, he continued. then the guy died an all the stealing stopped

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Bwave: 8:54am On Oct 06, 2012
otokx:

oho they were now smoking weed in an uncompleted building 3am in the morning, wow, i need to come up with my own theory.
But one of your posts said that they were caught smoking weed in an uncompleted building, so apart from that, my friend, what other evidence did you proffer.You said the elders found them guilty, of what? Were the caught in the act? Pls i do not condone robbery but how did they people that condenmed these boys arrive at their verdict?
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 06, 2012
My younger brother is a final year student of UNIPORT. The guys were not armed robbers. When they were caught, there were no arms on them. Yes cultists go to the extreme, but killing them changes nothing. In my opinion, they should have been beaten and handed over to the police.

A friend of mine was once an ex cultist. He was caught just like these guys were, beaten like they were, a tyre was put round his neck and petrol was poured on him, but for the timely intervention of an old woman he never knew from Adam that came and held him close, he would have been set ablaze. That was the last time he partook in cult activities. He is now a changed person and said it was youthful exuberance that led him on then.

The community would have achieved more if they had beaten up these guys, publicly humiliated them, shamed their families, forced them to name the other members of the group and let them go. It would have sent a clear warning that such would not be tolerated. Killing them in this way would have repercussions. . . A deadlier repercussion. I am no cultist, but all i know is that revenge is a vicious cycle that does no one any good.

People change and should be given a second chance.

Everyone deserves a second chance, even you reading this. sad

No one knows what the future holds. The people that killed these guys have children, relatives, cousins. You do not know what they all do. They could be worse now or even in the future. They could be the target of reprisal attacks, just about anything. Nothing in this world is certain nor permanent.

Now the guys are dead, and people are rejoicing, but for how long? sad Are they the only cultists in UNIPORT, In other institutions in Rivers state, in the whole of Rivers State, or the Whole of Nigeria? Will their death put food on anyone's table?

Like i said earlier, everyone deserves a second chance. . . sad

9 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 06, 2012
freecocoa: You people pdude and the rest should stop sounding like you have no conscience na, these boys weren't caught with arms, just laptops and phones and smoking weed,almost half of the people on NL smoke weed according to them, police people sef smoke weed.

Why kill them in such cruel manner?I keep asking, did they kill anybody? Did anyone identify them as thieves who has stolen from them before? Its just pure evil and wickedness on the part of those villagers and vigilante men who are mostly thieves and criminals themselves. This case should not just die like that, something should be done to those murderers, this isn't right biko.

https://www.nairaland.com/1056813/buyers-used-phones-laptops-etc

please stop all this simplistic talk

how do you think they got those phones and laptops?

when i repelled the robbers, they ran to the bq in my compound, slapped my cousin around and took his laptop and phone. all the while waving the matchete that still had my blood on it.

they took the laptops and phones of one of my neighbours then debated whether to r-ape their 15 year old sister.

thats is how those laptops and phones got into the building. they did not materialize there by magic - they were taken from people by force
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Beync(f): 8:56am On Oct 06, 2012
Ji_sun_pack:

@Bold, I thought as much, only "these" people can do anything for money.

http://lindaikeji..co.uk/2012/10/3-uniport-students-burnt-alive-for.html?m=1
waste of spe*m, big*t
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by chychy85: 8:57am On Oct 06, 2012
They were killed for nothing. Y can't the useless aluu boyz go to govt house. And. Kill amaech and his criminal cohuts for using 20naira biro to steal all our money. Make I hear word abeg.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Rooneyboy(m): 8:58am On Oct 06, 2012
pDude:

Why did you return to that hellhole country? The day I left, i remember spitting on the ground of that gaddem country as I left. You better find your way out fast cos that"s the devil's playground.

Keep running, all I know is that no matter how u run some day agaracha must come back, u should even be thankful that we are helping u guys clear the coast ,
Or how would u feel if u come back to naija to c ur folks and u are trailed all the way from the airport and kidnapped afterwards?

Pls u should be very thankful mr man, don't be an ingrate............

Again I need a golden GUN for my safety, could u pls help me price the cost over there ?
Make I send u cash so u go purchase am for me.
(This is Naija, all man for himself)
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 06, 2012
freecocoa: You people pdude and the rest should stop sounding like you have no conscience na, these boys weren't caught with arms, just laptops and phones and smoking weed,almost half of the people on NL smoke weed according to them, police people sef smoke weed.

[size=14pt]Scenario: A community that has been ravaged by a lot of robberies, rapes, and killings suddenly stumbles upon 5 young men in the wee hours of the morning,in an uncompleted building, smoking weed and surrounded by electronic paraphernalia. One of them flees while the rest are rounded up.

Question: Even if those boys were innocent, would you blame the villagers for their actions? They were merely protecting themselves. [/size]
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 06, 2012
ichidodo: *SLAPS FORE HEAD WIT EXASPERATION AND EXCLAIMS* OF COURSE WIT AN I.Q OF LES THAN ZERO HOW CULD U COMPREHEND?! MEA CULPA!
lmaoooo, of course you had to slap your forehead in exasperation because that is what dickheads do. Instead of staying on topic, you had to bring in 9/11, Iraq and Afghanistan. I don't waste my time with airheads like you...so bye bye smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 9:02am On Oct 06, 2012
sexkillz: My younger brother is a final year student of UNIPORT. The guys were not armed robbers. When they were caught, there were no arms on them. Yes cultists go to the extreme, but killing them changes nothing. In my opinion, they should have been beaten and handed over to the police.

A friend of mine was once an ex cultist. He was caught just like these guys were, beaten like they were, a type was put round his neck andpetrol was poured on him, but for the timely intervention of an old woman he never knew from Adam, he would have been set ablaze. That was the last time he partook in cult activities. He is now a changed person and said it was youthful exuberance that led him on then.

The community would have achieved more if they had beaten up these guys, publicly humiliated them, shamed their families, forced them to name the other members of the group and let them go. It would have sent a clear warning that such would not be tolerated. Killing them in this way would have repercussions. . . A deadlier repercussion. I am no cultist, but all i know is that revenge is a vicious cycle that does no one any good.

No one knows what the future holds. The people that killed these guys have children, relatives, cousins. You do not know what they all do. They could be worse now or even in the future. They could be the target of reprisal attacks, just about anything. Nothing in this world is certain nor permanent.

Now the guys are dead, and people are rejoicing, but for how long? sad Are they the only cultists in UNIPORT, In other institutions in Rivers state, in the whole of Rivers State, or the Whole of Nigeria? Will their death put food on anyone's table?

please spare me the naija second chance noise

all these reformed thugs - have they paid their debt to society?

will their repetnace unr-ape their female victims?
will it unmaim or unkill their victims?
will it undo the emotional trauma they have unleashed on people?

i am always irritated by this the guy is now born again rubbish - as if it is some sort of get out of jail free card that will automatically undo all the evil they have done.

the derele fellow i mentioned is now also 'born again' . who knows how many girls he r-aped when in school.i know of at last two. one had to be taken to a psychiatrist. perhaps derele's 'repentance' will magically undo her pain.

i remember the ife cultists who killed sug members in the late 90s . perhaps their repentance will bring all the dead back.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by ugoflenzy: 9:02am On Oct 06, 2012
Too bad 4 dem
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by maclatunji: 9:04am On Oct 06, 2012
ItsModella:
Sharrap and get your facts right. The report said they stole phones and laptops from an off campus hostel. So where are you getting this hotel tale from?

Firstly, I agree with the little regard for law. Secondly,that somebody is against capital punishment doesn't make him a hypocrite. Who said they had police and armies protecting their residential territories? Where do you people get your facts from for God sake?

It is you that needs to expand your reasoning. You say you are against capital punishment right? However, do you expect the Nigerian Police to protect you as a citizen and the Nigerian Army to protect our country from external aggression? If you do, these guys carry and use guns. Guns more often than not are used to kill other people.

How do you harmonise these two divergent positions? You don't want anybody to be killed but you expect the police and army to protect you. The truth is that you can't without being a hypocrite. It is better that the law takes its course and defines who can and why they can be legitimately killed instead of burying your head in the sand and saying- Nobody should be killed.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 06, 2012
pDude:

[size=14pt]Scenario: A community that has been ravaged by a lot of robberies, rapes, and killings suddenly stumbles upon 5 young men in the wee hours of the morning,in an uncompleted building, smoking weed and surrounded by electronic paraphernalia. One of them flees while the rest are rounded up.

Question: Even if those boys were innocent, would you blame the villagers for their actions? They were merely protecting themselves. [/size]
I don't blame them. . .

But then they caught only 4. Did they bother asking how many are left? Were they caught with arms? Did they ask where the arms are?

Let me tell you. The arms are still in the hands of people who would use it to do damage. ..

To everyone living in aluu, for your own safety, leave that vicinity for a while. Bad things are going to happen. . . I lived in aluu once.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 06, 2012
this is the sort of thing the innocent boys do to get those phones and laptops ,

maybe you need pictures of their victims
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by sarutobie(m): 9:05am On Oct 06, 2012
sexkillz: My younger brother is a final year student of UNIPORT. The guys were not armed robbers. When they were caught, there were no arms on them. Yes cultists go to the extreme, but killing them changes nothing. In my opinion, they should have been beaten and handed over to the police.

A friend of mine was once an ex cultist. He was caught just like these guys were, beaten like they were, a tyre was put round his neck and petrol was poured on him, but for the timely intervention of an old woman he never knew from Adam that came and held him close, he would have been set ablaze. That was the last time he partook in cult activities. He is now a changed person and said it was youthful exuberance that led him on then.

words of wisdom..he who has ears,let him hear..
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Goldieluks: 9:07am On Oct 06, 2012
pDude:

So they have the right to revenge, but not the families of the dead boys?? Keep eating your words! Nonsense!
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 06, 2012
oyb:

please spare me the naija second chance noise

all these reformed thugs - have they paid their debt to society?

will their repetnace unr-ape their female victims?
will it unmaim or unkill their victims?
will it undo the emotional trauma they have unleashed on people?

i am always irritated by this the guy is now born again rubbish - as if it is some sort of get out of jail free card that will automatically undo all the evil they have done.

the derele fellow i mentioned is now also 'born again' . who knows how many girls he r-aped when in school.i know of at last two. one had to be taken to a psychiatrist. perhaps derele's 'repentance' will magically undo her pain.

i remember the ife cultists who killed sug members in the late 90s . perhaps their repentance will bring all the dead back.

You still haven't said what killing these guys will achieve.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Rooneyboy(m): 9:08am On Oct 06, 2012
oyb:

when i repelled the robbers, they ran to the bq in my compound, slapped my cousin around and took his laptop and phone. all the while waving the matchete that still had my blood on it.

they took the laptops and phones of one of my neighbours then debated whether to r-ape their 15 year old sister.

thats is how those laptops and phones got into the building. they did not materialize there by magic - they were taken from people by force

Oga pls stop wasting ur precious time trying to convince this people to agree with u, its just like trying to carry water with a basket.

Until they come back to the battle filled called naija to experience it .

Again I want them to buy me a golden pistol for my protection whenever they are coming back (our safety is very important)
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 06, 2012
oyb: this is the sort of thing the innocent boys do to get those phones and laptops ,

Will killing them remove the pain?
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 06, 2012
oyb: this is the sort of thing the innocent boys do to get those phones and laptops ,

Thank you for showing that pix. Now I hope people like Modella and Goldieluks can see it?
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by freecocoa(f): 9:10am On Oct 06, 2012
oyb:

Oga Oyb I sympathize with you and I know how it feels to be robbed cos I have been robbed too, I'm not supporting robbery please but hey this case is sensitive because these boys were not robbers, true cultists perpetrate evil but some of them are innocent, these boys got those laptops and phones from their Don's house who they went to coup, he wasn't home and they took those stuffs and left, yes they were smoking weed in an uncompleted building(almost all the young men in naija smoke weed), okay beat them, why kill them when you ain't sure they are thieves? Why not put up a trial? And if they are found guilty let the law prevail, heck they weren't even armed, its not right please.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by candieangel12(f): 9:11am On Oct 06, 2012
berem: when you roast meat, do you expect it to be the same size after roasting? Their diccks must have been roasted in the fire thereby reducing it to that level.Dammit!

Hmmm okay ooo let me believe that the small di.ck size is a result of them being burned because honestly I was shocked to see the small size, I didnt think a black man's di.ck could be that small...that stood out the most in the pictures
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by ugoflenzy: 9:11am On Oct 06, 2012
‎​D̶̲̥̅̊ lesson learnt here is that notin gud cmes out fr evil instead pain n death
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 06, 2012
Goldieluks:

So they have the right to revenge, but not the families of the dead boys?? Keep eating your words! Nonsense!

There is a clear difference between self-protection and revenge.

The villagers were only protecting themselves by ridding their community of an external evil which had come to invade their lives. Revenge is different.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by freecocoa(f): 9:17am On Oct 06, 2012
pDude:

What are you even saying? So are those boys the same people who are responsible for all the atrocities meted out on the villagers? They were caught with electronics not guns for heaven's sakes,don't even tell me about the weed smoking cos that one is not even anything in this country.
Do you know that some of those villagers are even the thieves that's been robbing the village? I've noticed that villagers hate students who are not from their community so its not even a surprise, those boys should have been given a fair hearing.
Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 06, 2012
candieangel12: is it me or am i the only one noticing their small di.cks? or did the fire and beating reduce their di.ck size? ijs undecided
THIS IS WHAT NIGERIAN WOMEN HAVE TURNED TO. THIS IS WHOM OYB WANTED TO GIVE HIS LIFE FOR. I DONT CARE IF THE WOMAN IS MY DAUGHTER OR WIFE I AINT GETTING KILLED FOR NO HUMAN BEING. JUST CUZ SOMEONE CAME FROM YOUR SEED DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE YOURS. THE LORD USES HUMANS AS CARRIERS OF SPIRITS. THE SPIRIT IN THAT YOUR DAUGHTER OR WIFE IS AN ALIEN SPIRIT THAT WILL MANIFEST WITH TIME. DAUGHTERS OF JEZEBEL

1 Like

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 06, 2012
sexkillz: Will killing them remove the pain?

one less miscreant in society means someone somewhere will go to sleep and not wake up in the middle of the night staring at a cutlass and a thug high on weed

it means someone somewhere will not be attacked in a hold up

it means a lady somewhere will not be violated and spend the next six months praying she does not have HIV

it means some aspiring thugs somewhere will think twice and maybe even decide to g back to his okada or welding or whatever

it means some child will not wake up with nightmares of some thug on top of his mother or beating up his father

4 Likes

Re: 3 Students Burnt To Death In Uniport by Rooneyboy(m): 9:18am On Oct 06, 2012
sexkillz: You still haven't said what killing these guys will achieve.

It will serve as a deterrent to aspiring thieves, cultist , bullies , et.al

No matter how highly placed their parents are, they now know that they too can dance to the gallery of any action they carry out.

I bet u these ones didn't know it was going to turn out this way for them.
They perhaps thought it was going to be a business as usual thing for them.........
(E bad , e bad their parents go come to their rescue )

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (52) (Reply)

Cult Leader, Jboy, Killed In Cross River (Photos) / Gang Rape In Enugu Secondary Schools: JSS Students Initiated Into Viron Queens / More Details On Trader Who Impersonated As Doctor To Treat Patient’s Heart. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.