Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,834 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' (23390 Views)

''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' / Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband / They Want Him To Marry A Dead Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by deliciouz90: 9:16am On Oct 06, 2012
The woman should just pray for God forgiveness and mercy while moving on with life .God will forgive her and give her the chance of meetin his son again.pls dont commit sucide because dat is another greatest sin in God presence.u may even move closer to ur frnd dat spread the issue of baby sellin.direct ur attention to God and kip d rest kids wit u.because mony is not evrythin
Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 06, 2012
dayokanu: Report yourself to the police for aiding traffiking

Do you mean the police that bought the child
Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 06, 2012
Virtueways: Go public,get ridiculed,abused,cursed-still let the world know about the incident.then go to a priest and confess after that go to God and confess and beg for forgiveness so that when you eventually die you will find peace.

Can someone say amen to that grin

Nna mehn, i don hear stories tire, my tears dey run dry somehow. Yesterday was bunkum.
Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 06, 2012
Ask Jesus to come into your life and wash you with his precious blood. The efficacy of his blood will wash your guilt stains and make your heart pure like snow.

You will become like a new born child. Confess your sins to a man/woman of God and he/she will guide you further.
Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by ZUBBYNWA(m): 9:31am On Oct 06, 2012
sorry, u cant eat ur cake and have it.
Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by lise4realyahoo(f): 9:32am On Oct 06, 2012
Wao... Well 1st of all u have to forgive urself cos dats the only way u can lift away the pain 4rm ur heart a little bit, 2ndly go to God in prayers tell him what you did n ask him to 4give u,am sure he wil have mercy on u, den thirdly try to get pregant again to give birth to anoder child , ur joy could b restored again with u seeing the face of that child...
Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by vislabraye(m): 9:35am On Oct 06, 2012
Very cheap. So what do you want us to do? Shorts of words.
Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by PedroJP(m): 9:50am On Oct 06, 2012
who feels remorse for u ? U'v eaten the money and u now want ur child back. My dear u'v eaten ur child so just forget him and allow us read more interesting stories
Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by Okijajuju1(m): 10:03am On Oct 06, 2012
dotcom_na_me_na_me: shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
NOTE: After this confession, I will close this email and you may not be able to reach me through it again.

This is for identity reason, as I have been warned not to disclose this. I also know that NAPTIP or how do they call them, will come after me.

I need to avoid this. I’m not educated, but I have to trust someone to write this piece for me for your newspaper. At least I can read, so I can monitor all the comments that will pour in as a result of my distasteful act.

I’m ready to receive any kind of insult, and possibly commit suicide if…

This is not fictitious. I confess with tears streaming from my eyes. Do not pity me. I don’t pity myself. I consider myself a greedy fool who doesn’t even deserve to live for just another day.

Permit me to tell you how it all started. I had a child out of wedlock. I couldn’t have taken the child to any particular man because none was going to accept him either.

This is because of the kind of life I have lived as a young girl of 24. Quite frankly, I was a prostitute. I can’t tell who the father of my baby is, even as I make this confession. I decided to keep the child just to avoid all the embarrassment associated with this.

I live in the East. It is difficult to survive down here, considering that I also had a baby to care for. My baby was just 9 months when it all happened. I was fed up with life, and I told one of my friends that I was ready to sell my baby to survive so long as I know he would be safe.

She passively laughed at my ignoble assertion. However, two weeks after we discussed, some people called me from the North, that they would like to meet me. I thought they were my usual customers, until I saw two men in my small apartment three days later. T

hey said they were informed that I was willing to sell my child. I asked how they got to know, and they showed me their identity cards. They were police officers and had been asked to do the transaction with me on behalf of a man whose identity they kept secret.

At first, I was scared. And I told them angrily that I was not that kind of person. They were so persistent that they even showed me the cheque signed by one of the officers. I ordered them out of my room and they left that day.

I thought they would be calling me to bother me, but they didn’t. I was full of regrets. I was caught in between constant thought of the money and the adverse effect of losing my child to a total stranger. Different ideas were circling in my head, until I took one last decision.

I picked up my phone after three days of my meeting with the police officers and I asked them to come down as I had accepted to do the transaction. They had warned me that it won’t be very funny if at the end I still go ahead to treat them the way they were treated the last time they came; but I assured them of my total cooperation.

They came again the next day. I was sobbing when they walked in. Yes, I was crying for my child because I knew that after that day, I won’t see him again. They came in a police van, apparently to take my child away with it.

They said the Alhaji who wanted the child was waiting. I asked whether my child was going to be killed. They took pity on me and told me that the man who wanted the child never had a child, and that had occasioned their trip down to the East in search of a child.

They assured me that nothing was going to happen to the child, but that I should take my mind off my baby, as I was never going to see him again. They said that after the payment had been made, the child would cease to be mine.

I wept as I handed over my child to one of them who sat at the back of the van. We drove to one of the banks where the transaction took place. Sincerely, my account was credited and they left. Ten minutes after their departure, I collapsed in the bank premises in tears, leaving many people to wonder what could be wrong with me.

I called them to return my child but they said it was too late.

The painful aspect of my trouble is that I didn’t use the money to do any reasonable thing. As I speak to you, my account has gone down, and I can’t really point to any reasonable thing I have done with the money, apart from the car that I bought few months after the incident.

People around me don’t know what happened to my child as I keep telling them that my baby is with my mum in the village.

I’m making this confession because I doubt if I may survive this CURSE I have brought upon myself. The last cry of my baby re-echoes each time I’m alone. I hear him cry into the silence of the night when I’m alone in my room.

I have not known peace since I sold my child. I have had accident up to ten times since the fateful day. None of the accidents was unconnected to absence minded.

The guilt continues to live in me. Now, I’m contemplating suicide. All I want is your advice as I find very useful comments on this site each time I log in with my phone.

I hardly make comments but I read your confession segment a lot. I always console myself with people who have big problems like me. Please tell me what to do.

I want to get my child back, but I don’t even have a clue on what to do. I don’t even know exactly where my child is now. I think I have been so foolish. Don’t feel any remorse for me. Give me the best advice – exactly what you would tell your sister if she found herself in my shoes.

I am waiting.
http://ireporterstv.co/true-confession-i-sold-my-child-for-n4-million-and-i-want-him-back-now/

[b] I will start my response by punching holes in this story that makes no sense and leaves room for doubt....

1. As much as I know that the Nigerian Police are capable of doing anything, I strongly doubt that Policemen who are about to commit an obvious crime of child trafficking would show you there identity cards. This I doubt. The Nigerian Police I know would not even show you there identity cards to make a legit arrest let alone to commit a crime.

2. They showed you a cheque signed by one of the officers, meaning that transaction was done from the officers account. Last time I checked, cheques can be traced, most illegal transactions are never done with cheques, let alone from the account of a Police officer.

3. They came in a Nigerian Police van to pick up the child and also drove you to the bank and stood there (through the wahala of Nigerian banks) to cash and pay you, Nne this one is hard to swallow. Even my friend who bought an AK-47 from a Nigerian soldier didn't pay with a cheque for it.

4. I can believe that you had their phone number at that start of the transaction (assuming this story is true) but I would expect that after the transaction, that line would be decommissioned.

It is on this note that I say this story is too fake to be true...

Now, giving you the benefit of doubt and going ahead to believe this tale, I would give you the following advice;

1. Move on... I say this because if the child is dead as a result of rituals or whatever, there is nothing your guilty conscience would achieve. Find a religion (e.g Christianity) pray for forgiveness, do not confess to any human being (wether pastor or whatever), make peace with God and yourself and move.. No be your own bad pass. If the child is alive, he is a human being and would adapt to fit into the fate life has dealt him or her.

2. Should you decide not to move on, you may be facing jail time, but then you can recover your baby as there is so much paper trail left behind. Judging from the story, you should at least have the names of the police officers, the patrol number of the van, your transaction history should have the name on the cheque that was used to credit your account and you also have their phone number.

3. You are not under any curse, just a case of acute guilty conscience and some mental imbalance from the guilt. Suicide is not a solution at all, it's a cowards escape from facing up to reality. You need to see a shrink, but sadly, I don't know of any in Nigeria to recommend and chances are, anyone you talk to about this may just snitch on you.

My best advice to you is to make peace with yourself, your God and move on. Kill that child off in your mind and move on. You were a Prost!tute anyways and a broke one at that and had no business being a mother in the first place. Just look at yourself like a surrogate mother who got paid for her services.[/b]

I would like to use this opportunity to advocate for the legalisation of ABORTION... This is another case that could have easily been dealt with before it got to this stage.

1 Like

Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by whitecat007: 10:04am On Oct 06, 2012
ibos, shior!! anything for money. she did not sell it to any Alhaji. she used it for money ritual and did not get a dime out of it
Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by Okijajuju1(m): 10:09am On Oct 06, 2012
Deleted
Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by pendusky(m): 10:11am On Oct 06, 2012
Its a pity. Buh u knw how to do it na. Multiply 4M by number of months and give d money to ur buyer.and get ur baby bk.
Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by joyli: 10:14am On Oct 06, 2012
Hmmmmmm supper story!! Ur concience came back after buying and spending d rest of the money. It is well
Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by ayoola2002(m): 10:22am On Oct 06, 2012
oniwo: Tale by moon light.
If this is real, your child is not loss. First the service provider can help in certain capacity in detecting the buyers.
Second, report all those you told that you want to sell you child to human right activists.
Third, the bank can use the chelque no and name to detect the buyer.
Nice suggestion, but the story is just only writer up from super story.
Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by deletrue: 10:31am On Oct 06, 2012
pls, do not insult this lady. Do not use harse words on her i beg you people of this forum. I also know that off all commentaries in all news papers, Majority of nairaland contrubutors are upside dawn. In fact this is where you have a greater number of Societal deviants. I thank all those real people who have offerred true adice.
Pls madam, it will be difficult for you to get your child back. a quick one is for you to get another baby through another marriage. Get a guy. You are a beautiful lady if that picture is yours. Thanks
Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by joyli: 10:32am On Oct 06, 2012
Hmmmmmmmmm what a super story, your concience came back after buying a car and wasted the money for other pleasure. Its a pity.
Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by DeGrace01(m): 10:34am On Oct 06, 2012
Thou personally i doubt the whole story cos it sound so false. But if by any how it happened to be a true life story i will only advise u to;

1. don't ever think of calling that number again i mean the pple u called police men whom u handed over the child to, this because you will never see ur child again like the warned u ealier, secondly they might come after your life so that u don't expose or put them into trouble.

2. Go to ur family if your parents are still alive meet them together with other family members tell them in blank and white what happened, plead with them to forgive you. accept whatever punishment they may decide to give you, promise them that u will never do such thing again.

3. Meet a true man of God, if you are a catholic see a priest. Not just for confession but total councilling, reparation and whatever he will ask u to do please do it keenly.

4. Before you embark on this pray earnestly, is not going to be easy at all but with true repentance and ardent prayers God will see you true. He will also accept you back.

5. It is of paramount that you constantly pray for that Child. that both of you will have peace wherever u are. Finally look unto God and not man he will see you thru, do not forget that for now you companion should be the WORD OF GOD. ALWAYS CARRY YOUR BIBLE WITH U AND READ IT ALL THE TIME. MAY THE PEACE OF THE LORD BE WITH YOU.
Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by hardbody: 10:34am On Oct 06, 2012
CyberG: This story can hardly be believed and I will just have to be FRANK.

1. Are you talking about the same iboland (East) that OnlyLIES, AfamLoser4Eva, Dende, Okenawg0, arzeLITTLE, and other small ibo tribalists have said is London, New York, Paris, Canaan, etc all-in-one? A place where they are all billionaires and better than every other parts of Nigeria who have larger cities, higher GDPs, more education, etc? Some iboz have been lying I think.

2. You say life is difficult in iboland and YES that is TRUE, MOST Nigerians know that. That is why the SW are so gracious; they let iboz into their wide borders and enjoy their culture, education, sophisticatedness, etc founded on thousands of years of evolution on diplomacy but what do your lucky iboz folks do? They abuse their hosts, the reason 30,000+ was killed in the North before ojuku's madness of a war. Chief Obafemi Awolowo who was one of the pillars for an educated, organized society in Nigeria and the SW and from whom benefit a LOT till today instead of being appreciated is being denigrated, NOT that their useless opinions count anyway. Meanwhile, the greatest achievement of ibozx leader ojuku is the killing of 2 small girls as he scrambled to get on a plane to Abidjan as well as leading his sheepish followers to a 3 M+ dead costly war.

3. Does it mean all the ibox billionaires in ibo villages cannot even help? No family to help? No community to help? You could not even tell anyone because they would laugh at you and disgrace you because you only needed a little bit of help to get going? How much was all the help that could have been needed financially? Lots of folks like you moved to the fertile lands of the SW and Northern Nigeria and they end up doing very well, something they could not in iboland. iboz should know they ar just ordinary human beings, no pride in being small today and laughing at your situation, so much you can't even tell them; you sold your flesh for 4 M ?

4. Now though, you've woken up and want your baby back, do you have the 4 M refund of purchase? If this Alhaji (hopefully) kept the baby and he has grown a bit now, do you think it's fair to just give him his money back and take your baby? If you'd offered to just marry him just to be able to keep your baby since you many not even have 4 M, it is your ibo folks that will be the first to curse you again. See where I am going with this?

5. When you were having the hard time, if all you had done was move to Oyo, Lagos, Ogun, Osun, etc; squat with someone while you found a way to start a business with just 25,000; live a decent live, you might in fact be getting ready to marry a decent young man over there in a few short years and have some money of your own. Bottomline is we all know its not easy and stories like these hopefully help iboz to wake-up and stop their self-deception.

It is interesting reading your self aggrandizing justification. It is also shocking how myopic people like you think. There is no economy, nay community where poverty or being rich is so widespread that you cannot find a below average person. We have lots of them even in the western world, I guess the fundamental difference is that everyone can either afford the basic necessities of life or have same provided via a working welfare system. Having said that, are you aware that even if we adjudged what this lady did as being wicked or stupid, depending on how you see it, she has given the child a life different from what some other girls would have done and still doing namely suffocating or dumping the child in one dry well? Someone admits to a wrong and all you do is vilify not just the person but whole ibo race. You need to go through a functional literacy programme to develop your arrested mental growth. Just an advice.
Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by iamtheprincipal: 10:40am On Oct 06, 2012
2goodbobo: Money they say is the root of all evil. You knew you would want to have your cake back yet you ate it all!

@2goodbobo, stop quoting the Scriptures wrongly for the Bibles says that "The love of money is the root of all evils."

@Poster, I may decide to cast aspersions at you at this time but that action would do you no good as the word I have for you is to turn to GOD and ask for mercy.
You can send a mail to me via iamtheprincipal01@yahoo.com for personal counselling.
Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by malontee(m): 10:45am On Oct 06, 2012
2goodbobo: Money they say is the root of all evil.4RM ALL INDICATION I TINK POOVERTY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL...knew you would want to have your cake back yet you ate it all!
Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by tpia5: 10:46am On Oct 06, 2012
See people getting all emotional over this yahoo yahoo tale.

dem dey call una mugu o.
Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by xandy84: 10:51am On Oct 06, 2012
why are you crying.. people sell theirs for less than 100k.... Even if you see the boy, you dont even have the money to pay back and get your son in return... just go hang yourself and save naija another nuisance joor...
Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by malontee(m): 10:51am On Oct 06, 2012
Another Nollywood movie directed by michael jackson grin ...Never ment to be rude.
Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by albacete(m): 10:56am On Oct 06, 2012
whitecat007: ibos, shior!! anything for money. she did not sell it to any Alhaji. she used it for money ritual and did not get a dime out of it

Tribalist!

dotcom_na_me_na_me:
They assured me that nothing was going to
happen to the child, but that I should take
my mind off my baby, as I was never going
to see him again. They said that after the
payment had been made, the child would
cease to be mine.

They had an agreement with d girl in question to buy d baby @ a certain amount

and she was warned that the baby would cease to be hers afterwards.

Do u guys think they are obliged to sell d baby back to her without reaching an agreement? u know, they have to agree first and if they decide not to sell, she can't force them.

If maybe i buy a plot of land from u for like 2.5m Naira, do u think u have d right to buy it

back from me (maybe after realising that u sold @ a ridiculously cheap price) without

reaching an agreement with me just because u are d original owner?

I don't think so.

Quit advising her to go look for her baby! And let us give the Alhaji d benefit of the doubt that nothing will happen to d baby

and stop thinking that d child will be used for rituals. Nowhere was that mentioned in d story.
Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by Seerer(f): 10:57am On Oct 06, 2012
That line must ve been bought for the transactin, I bet it was destroyed ASAP. With the recent happenstances in the world now, I ll treat this as a fact, though it breaks my heart to belIeve it, plus the inclusion of the teary face. I so wish to judge you, but you have judged yourself, if you believe in God, accept christ wholly now, pray ceaselessly for your child to acieve his purpose on earth wherever he may be,(hoping he is still alive) then go to a motherless children home & work even as a volunteer,(if they wish to employ u) live the remaining years of your life giving love to children that need it, your burden (by God's grace) might be lightened.
Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:01am On Oct 06, 2012
Spotted about 3 loopholes in this "story" already. Please, its got fake written all over it!
Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by malontee(m): 11:04am On Oct 06, 2012
To start with did u signd any agreement with them? I mean signing anything putd down in black and white?[any writen sumtin]?
Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by albacete(m): 11:11am On Oct 06, 2012
hardbody:

It is interesting reading your self aggrandizing justification. It is also shocking how myopic people like you think. There is no economy, nay community where poverty or being rich is so widespread that you cannot find a below average person. We have lots of them even in the western world, I guess the fundamental difference is that everyone can either afford the basic necessities of life or have same provided via a working welfare system. Having said that, are you aware that even if we adjudged what this lady did as being wicked or stupid, depending on how you see it, she has given the child a life different from what some other girls would have done and still doing namely suffocating or dumping the child in one dry well? Someone admits to a wrong and all you do is vilify not just the person but whole ibo race. You need to go through a functional literacy programme to develop your arrested mental growth. Just an advice.

40 Likes from me especially @ d bolded.

This set of people will be d first to lambast USA for labelling Nigerians terrorists because

of one Abdulmutallab. But look at what his post reeks of. Generalisation based on a faulty premise.

Should we now say that all of Abdulmutallab's tribesmen are terrorists?

I even wonder how that post still remains visible when it should have outrightly been deleted, not hidden.
Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by achi4u(m): 11:14am On Oct 06, 2012
Skynet247: I wonder if sonny cerson,mother of ben carson and his brother.were to had dat kind of ur mentalily.. Had sold them to a stranger...becuz she was without a man... The world would have misd a great neoruosurgeon at ben carson... She brez up...n trained them by herself to make them stars...which they are today... So many great men today had similar stories...but there mothers prefer being mocked than killing this precious star...who knows he mayb da saviour nigerian needs, jus imagine it...if SONNY CARSON where to sell BEN CARSON... Who would have divide da siemens? I raise my case
guy dat Ben Carson story is what keeps me going.If his mother(sonniya carson) decided to sell one of her kids to train the other one;who knows,Ben could've been sold to train the elder guy,then the world would've miss such a "gifted hand"
I keep weeping....
Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by Classicalman(m): 11:20am On Oct 06, 2012
yeye4live: Igbo pple re realy greedy dats d truth,u can't see a yoruba person or hausa doing such,I tank God am not ibo dey chase mone wit dier life
Somehow i feel the mods brought up this ridicupous story to spur on bigotic cowardly Yoruba broods like u to spit their usual bullshait so that they can generate enough revenue from the many threads this will bring about. Keep on hating. We ain't bothered.
Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by Seerer(f): 11:22am On Oct 06, 2012
Then you ll marry and have children you will cherish.
Re: ' I Sold My Child For N4M And I Want Him Back Now' by sammmiey1: 11:24am On Oct 06, 2012
Igbos r bunch of crap,dey can sell dia future 2acquire anythin dey desire in life,fetish animals,hausa is no exception...thank God I'm a certified yoruba.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Welcomes Quintuplets In Calabar After 10 Years Of Childlessness (Photo) / Newly Married Woman Narrates How Husband Abuses Her Daily / Will I Regret Not Having Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.