Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,755 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims (27202 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by bigmaut: 8:03pm On Oct 06, 2012
shikaan: Lady Gaga’s ‘offensive’ Fashion Lady Gaga got on the Muslims nerves with her burqa
and raccoon tail outfit at London Fashion Week. A Chicago based representative of a number of Muslim
groups to the Chicago Sun Times, Said “That comes across as a clear insult to Muslims and Islam,” threaten to throw paint or feces at the star. The star’s security
tightens. Source: Short URL: http://www.faithfreedom.org/?p=43005

i laugh ceaselessly in arabic,a lady gaga wore burqa 2 coverall her body instaed of bikini,extremist want 2 throw faeces @ her which one is abominable a lady wearing burqa or throwing faeces @ a woman karl marx was right religion is a opiumgrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by Circle360: 8:03pm On Oct 06, 2012
Oh come on Brothers be mature for crist sake. I dnt think its any important for you to include insult and abuses when layind down your poits. Never judge the act judge the motive.
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by Adamo84(m): 8:05pm On Oct 06, 2012
I wonder why Xtians cant stay off Threads that has to do with Muslim, eventhough many of them cant air their views constructively. Why cant we have insult free Threads on this Forum? Some Ediots just came in with empty brain to Insult Islam and Muslims. Must you post? Let Her Insult some Powerful Nation and we would see how far She can go afterwards. Haters
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by 9jagobetta: 8:10pm On Oct 06, 2012
YuckMouf: I hope Lady Gaga's next public appearance has her wrapped in a Nigerian flag covered with bloody tampons stuck to it..

Then we will see who thinks what is offensive.
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by skbello: 8:10pm On Oct 06, 2012
hw did they see/knowthot Islam doesn't permit watchin such......just thinkin aloud.
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by kay2000(m): 8:14pm On Oct 06, 2012
Lord have mercy. Is this what Islam is turning to now? Laying hold on prehistoric way of life. They should drop all aspects of western culture thay have copied over the years like the wearing of pants, Jeans,t.shirts, boxers and the likes. Especially their ladies that wear g-strings under that their veils/hijab. Soon they will protest that non muslims should stop wearing Jalabia which they sell all over the place in Nigeria. May Allah have mercy on these inglorious retards.
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by bright007(f): 8:14pm On Oct 06, 2012
Lady gaga pls be careful before they place a $100M cash reward on your head.
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by mu2sa2: 8:15pm On Oct 06, 2012
Lady gaga clearly sets out to provoke muslims. I am always amused by the hypocrisy of some non-muslims to Islam and muslims. If u ar not a muslim why obsession with Islam and muslims. U hav your religion and muslims hav their religion. But u see insane individuals insult prophet muhammed and Islam to provoke muslims and when muslims react they blame Islam and muslims.

1 Like

Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by omoredia: 8:15pm On Oct 06, 2012
I served in the north and those girls all garbed up in hijab with the flowing ghost like garment are more rotten than a swine's apple there is no atrocity they can commit in the cover of darkness and in the privacy of a guys crib!

1 Like

Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by 9jagobetta: 8:20pm On Oct 06, 2012
YuckMouf: Lady Gaga is Sooo Lame, Muslims have a right to be Outraged.
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by 9jagobetta: 8:23pm On Oct 06, 2012
YuckMouf: Lady Gaga is Sooo Lame, Muslims have a right to be Outraged.
alway think b4 u coment there,s nothing realy like religion but attitude and that of muslim is a terrible one.
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by Kay17: 8:25pm On Oct 06, 2012
^^

In a free society, every individual is permitted express himself/herself in any manner she wishes. And there is no State sanctioned sacredness, because that will be counterproductive to secular values of freedom.

Gaga chooses to wear a hijab, she isn't to be threatened with assault or murder. Imposing sacredness of religious relic/objects on others is a form of violence: intolerance.
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by Rimamnusi: 8:29pm On Oct 06, 2012
What did muslim mean? Just because lady gaga wear ijab that is totally ravish, those muslim there so selfish
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by 9jagobetta: 8:31pm On Oct 06, 2012
Adamo84: I wonder why Xtians cant stay off Threads that has to do with Muslim, eventhough many of them cant air their views constructively. Why cant we have insult free Threads on this Forum? Some Ediots just came in with empty brain to Insult Islam and Muslims. Must you post? Let Her Insult some Powerful Nation and we would see how far She can go afterwards. Haters
oh idiot, u even proud to be identified wit ur group of terrorist who are disturbing the peace of the world wit your religion of pieces & Destruction
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by Kay17: 8:31pm On Oct 06, 2012
Religious freedom relates only to how you in person or a group exercise religious beliefs. It doesn't include forcing and punishing others to follow your faith.

1 Like

Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by ignis: 8:31pm On Oct 06, 2012
[quote
author=jadakiss213] The issue here is most importantly,the veil or
whatever u call it is not exclusive to the Moslems..It existed years b4
Islam.[/quote]
You are emperically right.
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by Samoneo(m): 8:33pm On Oct 06, 2012
Ptolomeus: Excuse me.
I do not understand.
I think we should thank the star. She is spreading Islamic culture ...
Or maybe I'm wrong?
Throwing feces at a woman? But ... that is? The world has gone mad?
sowie dude, she is more dan a woman. She b devil.
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by ignis: 8:34pm On Oct 06, 2012
skbello: hw did they see/knowthot Islam doesn't permit watchin such......just thinkin aloud.
They watched it on NTA....... LWKMD
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by 9jagobetta: 8:40pm On Oct 06, 2012
mu2sa2: Lady gaga clearly sets out to provoke muslims. I am always amused by the hypocrisy of some non-muslims to Islam and muslims. If u ar not a muslim why obsession with Islam and muslims. U hav your religion and muslims hav their religion. But u see insane individuals insult prophet muhammed and Islam to provoke muslims and when muslims react they blame Islam and muslims.
clearly you people are bunch of thugs and hoodlums ur prophet groom you through his example. It is a case of muslim against non muslim otherwise the rest of the world, so whosoever perfom any act pleasant to him/her and you people fine fault in it is against your religion. Every muslim born is a potential murder...
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by blackpanda: 8:40pm On Oct 06, 2012
Sorry to say, but most muslims are jst bigots, bullies and hypocrites. They shld behaving like big babies and stop crying stupidly at the slightest chance. I really can't see any good tin islam is contributing to humanity other than hate and vioolence
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by yangis: 8:43pm On Oct 06, 2012
wiegraf: "HIJAB IS NOT A DRESS CODE FOR CALL GIRLS& PROSTITUTES& MEAT SELLERS,IT THE DRESS CODE PIOUS,MORAL,TRUSTFUL MUSLIMA ,WHO LOVE THEIR CREATOR MORE & PROTECT ALL FROM OTHERS & GIVES ALL ONLY THEIR HUSBANDS,DON'T COMPARE A WILD VULTURES WITH INNOCENT LAMB

1.An act of obedience.
The hijab is an act of obedience to Allah and to his prophet (pbuh), Allah says in the Qur'an: `It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allah and His messenger have decreed a matter that they should have an option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger, has indeed strayed in a plain error.' (S33:36).

Allah also said: 'And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things) and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc) and not to show off their adornment except what must (ordinarily) appear thereof, that they should draw their veils over their Juyubihinna.'(S24:31).

Juyubihinna: The respected scholars from As-Salaf As-Saleh (righteous predecessors) differed whether the veil cover of the body must include the hands and face or not. Today, respected scholars say that the hands and face must be covered. Other respected scholars say it is preferable for women to cover their whole bodies.

2.The Hijab is IFFAH (Modesty).

Allah (subhana wa'atala) made the adherence to the hijab a manifestation for chastity and modesty. Allah says: 'O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) over their bodies (when outdoors). That is most convenient that they should be known and not molested.' (S33:59). In the above Ayaah there is an evidence that the recognition of the apparent beauty of the woman is harmful to her. When the cause of attraction ends, the restriction is removed. This is illustrated in the case of elderly women who may have lost every aspect of attraction. Allah (swt) made it permissible for them to lay aside their outer garments and expose their faces and hands reminding, however, that is still better for them to keep their modesty.

3.The hijab is Tahara (Purity)

Allah (swt) had shown us the hikma (wisdom) behind the legislation of the hijab: `And when you ask them (the Prophet's wives) for anything you want, ask them from behind a screen, that is purer for your hearts and their hearts.' (S33:53).

The hijab makes for greater purity for the hearts of believing men and women because it screens against the desire of the heart. Without the hijab, the heart may or may not desire. That is why the heart is more pure when the sight is blocked (by hijab) and thus the prevention of fitna (evil actions is very much manifested. The hijab cuts off the ill thoughts and the greed of the sick hearts:

`Be not soft in speech, lest he in whose heart is a disease (of hypocrisy or evil desire for adultery, etc) should be moved with desire, but speak in an honourable manner.' (S33:32)

4.The hijab is a Shield

The prophet (pbuh) said: "Allah, Most High, is Heaven, is Ha'yeii (Bashful), Sit'teer (Shielder). He loves Haya' (Bashfulness) and Sitr (Shielding; Covering)." The Prophet (pbuh) also said: "Any woman who takes off her clothes in other than her husband's house (to show off for unlawful purposes), has broken Allah's shield upon her. "The hadith demonstrates that depending upon the kind of action committed there will be either reward (if good) or punishment (if bad)."

This looks familiar. I might be seeing a pattern here
I just had to register, does Islam give humans d right to judge peolple's outfits?? (Lady Gaga's outfit) if it does I guess this outrage cud b understood. And even if it does should religion impose a dresscode on humans? What makes d religion peaceful then? If I were President (Isi Allah) I will be. I will make sure Islam knows its in a country dat has law and not in a country called Islam. Cuz critically dis is d only religion in Nigeria dat clearly disrespects d nationas laws
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by takedat(m): 8:48pm On Oct 06, 2012
Am tired of this obsession of some NLanders with anything Islam.It seem some are just so pathetic that there wouldnt mind trolling the internet just to source for something to ridicule Islam and Muslims.Yet these folks are quick to jump on threads to defend Theiving Priests and GO's who fleece their slaves(congregation).Hypocrites
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by swscorpio: 8:51pm On Oct 06, 2012
Janet Jackson converted to Muslim.
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by nas00(m): 8:51pm On Oct 06, 2012
Once again, an EXTREMELY DAFT inference drawn by SOME fanatics of islam.

Lady Gaga wore a Purdah, so?.. Who are you to judge who is fit/ unfit to wear a veil?

These idiots should ask themselves: Why didn't the Roman Catholic contrive to assault Lady Gaga, when she released the video 'Alejandro' in which she depicted a catholic sister being tortured and later having intimacy?
Was it not for somewhat similar reasons some i.diots (supposed peace-lovers) went haywire few weeks ago?

Lady Gaga is 'offending' muslims huh?

In short, considering this and other recent evidence, it suffices to conclude that this islam actually borders on narrow-mindedness + violence.

Silly twats!!angry

1 Like

Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 06, 2012
The dressing is older than Islam and Mohammed! Its for all desert dwellers. But I feel sorry for the muslim women for being made to dress so.

1 Like

Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by Lero15(m): 8:52pm On Oct 06, 2012
wiegraf: "HIJAB IS NOT A DRESS CODE FOR CALL GIRLS& PROSTITUTES& MEAT SELLERS,IT THE DRESS CODE PIOUS,MORAL,TRUSTFUL MUSLIMA ,WHO LOVE THEIR CREATOR MORE & PROTECT ALL FROM OTHERS & GIVES ALL ONLY THEIR HUSBANDS,DON'T COMPARE A WILD VULTURES WITH INNOCENT LAMB

1.An act of obedience.
The hijab is an act of obedience to Allah and to his prophet (pbuh), Allah says in the Qur'an: `It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allah and His messenger have decreed a matter that they should have an option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger, has indeed strayed in a plain error.' (S33:36).

Allah also said: 'And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things) and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc) and not to show off their adornment except what must (ordinarily) appear thereof, that they should draw their veils over their Juyubihinna.'(S24:31).

Juyubihinna: The respected scholars from As-Salaf As-Saleh (righteous predecessors) differed whether the veil cover of the body must include the hands and face or not. Today, respected scholars say that the hands and face must be covered. Other respected scholars say it is preferable for women to cover their whole bodies.

2.The Hijab is IFFAH (Modesty).

Allah (subhana wa'atala) made the adherence to the hijab a manifestation for chastity and modesty. Allah says: 'O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) over their bodies (when outdoors). That is most convenient that they should be known and not molested.' (S33:59). In the above Ayaah there is an evidence that the recognition of the apparent beauty of the woman is harmful to her. When the cause of attraction ends, the restriction is removed. This is illustrated in the case of elderly women who may have lost every aspect of attraction. Allah (swt) made it permissible for them to lay aside their outer garments and expose their faces and hands reminding, however, that is still better for them to keep their modesty.

3.The hijab is Tahara (Purity)

Allah (swt) had shown us the hikma (wisdom) behind the legislation of the hijab: `And when you ask them (the Prophet's wives) for anything you want, ask them from behind a screen, that is purer for your hearts and their hearts.' (S33:53).

The hijab makes for greater purity for the hearts of believing men and women because it screens against the desire of the heart. Without the hijab, the heart may or may not desire. That is why the heart is more pure when the sight is blocked (by hijab) and thus the prevention of fitna (evil actions is very much manifested. The hijab cuts off the ill thoughts and the greed of the sick hearts:

`Be not soft in speech, lest he in whose heart is a disease (of hypocrisy or evil desire for adultery, etc) should be moved with desire, but speak in an honourable manner.' (S33:32)

4.The hijab is a Shield

The prophet (pbuh) said: "Allah, Most High, is Heaven, is Ha'yeii (Bashful), Sit'teer (Shielder). He loves Haya' (Bashfulness) and Sitr (Shielding; Covering)." The Prophet (pbuh) also said: "Any woman who takes off her clothes in other than her husband's house (to show off for unlawful purposes), has broken Allah's shield upon her. "The hadith demonstrates that depending upon the kind of action committed there will be either reward (if good) or punishment (if bad)."

This looks familiar. I might be seeing a pattern here
dat is not a 'real' hijab...
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by sandysprax(m): 8:53pm On Oct 06, 2012
mu2sa2: Lady gaga clearly sets out to provoke muslims. I am always amused by the hypocrisy of some non-muslims to Islam and muslims. If u ar not a muslim why obsession with Islam and muslims. U hav your religion and muslims hav their religion. But u see insane individuals insult prophet muhammed and Islam to provoke muslims and when muslims react they blame Islam and muslims.

Sorry to burst ur bubble mate, but errrr... after the number of christian lives islamic terrorists around the world has taken, u dont exactly expect us to smile and walk around like nothing is wrong now do u?

What baffles me is none u muslims actually think what u are doing is wrong or have even come out in mass to protest the senseless killings perpetuated by ur brethren, yet u protest against fashion and writes up and paintings and what have u.Its quite disheartening i tell ya. *smh*

2 Likes

Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by Samchelsea(m): 8:53pm On Oct 06, 2012
bankyblue: The world is going to an end. I hope nigerian musilm won't go on rampage
because of this. because the only task am expecting is for them to stand against
The Saudi for deporting our girls.
bankyblue: The world is going to an end. I hope nigerian musilm won't go on rampage
because of this. because the only task am expecting is for them to stand against
leave them when they deported those women they couldn't protest *SMH*
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by Chidi4u(m): 8:58pm On Oct 06, 2012
Am sorry to say this i think Islam is a religion of retards.Nonsensa.

1 Like

Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by sandysprax(m): 9:01pm On Oct 06, 2012
Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by 677ano(m): 9:06pm On Oct 06, 2012
@OP

What is your aim here with this post? to propagate Islamic ideas?

A lot of you are misguided, So she offend Muslims with her dressing?
But it is alright for Muslims to carry out terrorist activities killing
Innocent people in the name of going to paradise yet how many have they thrown feces at?

what a load of rubbish coming from a misguided set

1 Like

Re: Lady Gaga Is Offending Muslims by roteemee: 9:09pm On Oct 06, 2012
Sum dumb headed fools" Christians" who go to church and dance azonto and kurukere felt their religion that lacks principle and core values is the best. am a Muslim and am proud 2 b but I think they went 2 far criticizing lady gaga,this is a free world and we have 2 understand the frame work of living a free life. she did not made any comment that is offensive about the dress and who are u 2 judge her? So they should make more sense of a situation b4 making and argument out of it. lady gaga might b far more beta than sum other pple who we tink they are the best.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The Ruling On A Woman Sleeping Alone, Apart From Her Husband, In A Separate Room / What Is The Ruling On Saying “jesus!” When One Is Astonished? / Woman Not Created From Her Husband's Rib

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.