Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,961 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' (16584 Views)

Please Advice; My Best Friend's Fiance Says He Loves Me / When Your Fiance Says "Get Pregnant Or Forget About Wedding" / My Fiance Says Am Fat. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by Nobody: 3:08pm On Oct 06, 2012
If you were in her shoes, what would you do?

I am 22, he is 32.
I am 5ft 7inches, he is 6ft 1inch.
I weigh 43kg, he weighs 120kg.
I am light skinned, he is dark skinned.
I am slim, and my statistic is 32'26'34.
He is broad shouldered, all muscled and with a wide chest.
We met at a Singles Prog. and became friends. He had a lot of female admirers due to his physique and godly character. I also had my share of admirers because I was a natural beauty, and quite intelligent.
We started dating and I thought I had found the man I was going to marry.
His female admirers were jealous of me, and my male admirers took a step back. But I became disturbed when he started harrassing me to eat well. He said I was too slim and I looked like a teenager beside him. I didn't take him serious at first until he started making statements like, "How I wish you had a bigger boob and bigger bum."
I have always been a slim person. My entirely family is filled with slim people. Where does he want me to get the extra weight from?
His incessant comments and complains about my physique is getting to me. This is the man I plan to marry, what should I do?

1 Like

Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 06, 2012
I would tell her:
The fact that you STILL want to marry this guy after such a huge problem, is what is alarming to me. This man has a serious issue with the way you look, how long after marriage do you think it will take before he go seek for the big tittay/bootay gals he SO desires?

This man is not ready to be married to you as you are NOT what he physically desires in a spouse........ Remember: If you Aint got it then YOU AIN'T GOT IT!

6 Likes

Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by tai2(m): 3:17pm On Oct 06, 2012
Tell her to come over, let me help her "bulk" up....lol.... seriously tho...she should tell him to get with the program or leave her alone.
Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by k2039: 4:42pm On Oct 06, 2012

Dump him,there is a guy who will love you for you.Trust me it will only get worse when you marry him,because he will keep complaining.

2 Likes

Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by tashanja(m): 6:09pm On Oct 06, 2012
Come to me, I love tall slim girls wink

2 Likes

Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by pendo89(f): 6:11pm On Oct 06, 2012
Well girl he's already told you what he prefers.Ignore at your own risk.
One thing I can tell you is this; Never take spoken words for granted,cz as man thinks, so he is.
Your man prefers slightly bigger women ,so do not sweat it out. We girls like changing to impress men but that doesn't last long.
If you are slim by nature,why are you the desperate one here and not him if you are both truly in love?
It's cz he is comfortable with his physique, so it's up to his partner to measure up, not the other way round.
Would you fr instance do a boob job to please him? do yourself a favour.Stop being desperate and miserable and allow him the freedom to go for his taste,because he will always be satisfied outside.

1 Like

Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by Sijo01(f): 6:18pm On Oct 06, 2012
How is he your 'fiance'??..... With your narration, you are the one hoping to marry him. His thought his obviously different from yours....... The hand writing is boldly written; take your time and read it, sweetheart!

4 Likes

Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 06, 2012
MRbrownJAY: I would tell her:
The fact that you STILL want to marry this guy after such a huge problem, is what is alarming to me. This man has a serious issue with the way you look, how long after marriage do you think it will take before he go seek for the big tittay/bootay gals he SO desires?

This man is not ready to be married to you as you are NOT what he physically desires in a spouse........ Remember: If you Aint got it then YOU AIN'T GOT IT!

Hmmmmm... Serious advice. She aint got it, She better quits, shey?
Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 06, 2012
k2039:
Dump him,there is a guy who will love you for you.Trust me it will only get worse when you marry him,because he will keep complaining.

True Talk
Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by Nobody: 6:42pm On Oct 06, 2012
Sijo01: How is he your 'fiance'??..... With your narration, you are the one hoping to marry him. His thought his obviously different from yours....... The hand writing is boldly written; take your time and read it, sweetheart!

When they started dating, he told her that he hoped the relationship will lead to marriage. He has also started introducing her to his family members and he has met some of her relatives. Now that he is singing a new song, she better reads the handwriting on the wall, shey?
Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 06, 2012
pendo89: Well girl he's already told you what he prefers.Ignore at your own risk.
One thing I can tell you is this; Never take spoken words for granted,cz as man thinks, so he is.
Your man prefers slightly bigger women ,so do not sweat it out. We girls like changing to impress men but that doesn't last long.
If you are slim by nature,why are you the desperate one here and not him if you are both truly in love?
It's cz he is comfortable with his physique, so it's up to his partner to measure up, not the other way round.
Would you fr instance do a boob job to please him? do yourself a favour.Stop being desperate and miserable and allow him the freedom to go for his taste,because he will always be satisfied outside.

Wow... But why did he ask her out if he wasn't satisfied with her physical attributes? He should have left her alone. Or was he thinking she will suddenly add weight miraculously?

1 Like

Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by claremont(m): 6:48pm On Oct 06, 2012
serahsadeiyare: If you were in her shoes, what would you do?

I weigh 43kg, he weighs 120kg.
Based purely on the Body Mass Index measurement, he is overweight(bothering towards obese), while you are underweight. He needs to shed the excess weight, while you need to put on some weight to get within the healthy BMI range. Both of you need to register in a Gym and plan a good regime, you should be carrying weights in order to build muscle while he should be doing a lot of cardio workouts to shed weight.

3 Likes

Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 06, 2012
[size=13pt]what chapter are we in a columnist on NL grin grin, let me look at your face again, i sure know you from somewhere[/size]
Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by donigspain(m): 7:04pm On Oct 06, 2012
The irony of life!!!
Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 06, 2012
claremont:
Based purely on the Body Mass Index measurement, he is overweight(bothering towards obese), while you are underweight. He needs to shed the excess weight, while you need to put on some weight to get within the healthy BMI range. Both of you need to register in a Gym and plan a good regime, you should be carrying weights in order to build muscle while he should be doing a lot of cardio workouts to shed weight.

The gym? Really? Food for thought. Hmmmmm...
Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 06, 2012
It looks like the OP is advertising her market to me.

1 Like

Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by donigspain(m): 7:08pm On Oct 06, 2012
@OP,
I think there's a thread somewhere about 'chubby' ladies.
Just direct him there...
Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by Asiwaju9ja(m): 7:11pm On Oct 06, 2012
I wish he was me. I'd Love you more because of all the reasons he dislikes.
Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by otokx(m): 7:12pm On Oct 06, 2012
interesting, truth be told better leave that guy cos in the end he will cheat on you.
Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 06, 2012
bennyraz: [size=13pt]what chapter are we in a columnist on NL grin grin, let me look at your face again, i sure know you from somewhere[/size]

Bennnnyyyyyrrraaaazzzzz
I bet you enjoy stalking people.
You are right about one thing.
Yes I am a WRITER.
But every topic I have posted on Romance/NL are actually true life stories.
I have a passion for relational issues and I am always seeking out solutions.
I believe Nairalanders have a thing or two to say and share.
I have been silently watching.
*winks*
Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by Lawconfessor(f): 7:14pm On Oct 06, 2012
After all said & done. I take GOD beg U, NEVER DO ANYTHING FUNNY TO BURST UP u may turn out to greet it.
Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 06, 2012
@ Op please keep your figure..hmmmm don't take actions you may regret later

2 Likes

Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by kim77: 7:19pm On Oct 06, 2012
That is not a problem....ask him to give you a month after you first child...proofs are all around you.....cheer up

1 Like

Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 06, 2012
serahsadeiyare:

Bennnnyyyyyrrraaaazzzzz
I bet you enjoy stalking people.
You are right about one thing.
Yes I am a WRITER.

But every topic I have posted on Romance/NL are actually true life stories.
I have a passion for relational issues and I am always seeking out solutions.
I believe Nairalanders have a thing or two to say and share.
I have been silently watching.
*winks*
[size=13pt]naaah! i'm not stalking you, i'm just following u.. grin I know you write for either a magazine/newspaper, and you want nairalander's to do your primary assignment for you, whichever way you have to pay service charge to me angry[/size]
Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by omiobo: 7:25pm On Oct 06, 2012
I love tilapia fish so much.grin
Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 06, 2012
Me wey be orobo my my oga dey complain! You be lepa shandy your bobo dey complain too! What in the world are we gonna do to please nigerian men? embarassed
Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by Rooneyboy(m): 7:29pm On Oct 06, 2012
Poster. Don't know y u are so adamant on wanting to marry a guy by fire by force.

U said in ur write up over and over again that he's the person u intend marrying.

My own worry now is that u seem more interested in this guy than vi s-visa.

Since when did women start taking men down the aisle in Nigeria ?

D guy says u are way too skinny, y then are. U forcing urself on the dude ?

On a second thought I have been seriously thinking hw thin u could possibly

Are u fatter than this chic ?

1 Like

Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 06, 2012
I sell maawu.
Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by Nobody: 7:32pm On Oct 06, 2012
bennyraz: [size=13pt]naaah! i'm not stalking you, i'm just following u.. grin I know you write for either a magazine/newspaper, and you want nairalander's to do your primary assignment for you, whichever way you have to pay service charge to me angry[/size]

Far be it from me, I aint using NL to do assignments. You are funny. Your imaginations are grand.

1 Like

Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 06, 2012
Is obvious you are the one planing to marry him without even wondering if he would want to marry you

1 Like

Re: Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' by Gee001: 7:33pm On Oct 06, 2012
Pls like i'll always be told by others, "dnt do anything 2 ur body dat u'll 4eva regret, u wud'nt knw wot u've got till u loose it" bt i tell u, u wud'nt remain dat way 4eva. Other girls r out der working demselves out n starving, spending money on slimming tea jst 2b lyk u while u're complaining. Be hapi 4 wot u've got. Cheers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can Attracting Women Be Learned? / Dedicate A Song To Your Lover / The Wooing Challenge - SEASON 2 Reloaded [ Ladies Pick Your Man ]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.