Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,343 members, 7,811,992 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity (7450 Views)

Why Do Bible Have Different Versions With Different Meanings / How Have Prophecies Affected Your Life? / Moses' Black Wife Was Written Out Of Later Versions Of The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by teniyi(m): 2:32pm On Oct 21, 2012
Goldenheart: n in confusion u wil be....
Its not possible because I m outside the fold. Fool!
Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by redsun(m): 2:37pm On Oct 21, 2012
It has just recently been translated to jamaican patois,and there have been uproars in oyinbo christian world that it is abominable to translate the "holy" book into slave language.BOMBOCLAT.

Like it or hate it,the bible is a slave master's book and those africans that takes it literally at this time and age,are to a very great extent,mentally enslaved.

1 Like

Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by gbadexy(m): 2:39pm On Oct 21, 2012
Jephyard: Some christain are insane. What is the bible if I don't understand it, it mean nothing just like every other book. Though different translation same purpose. God purpose for the holy bible is for both bilivers n unbliver to read n to make a conclusion on what he/she has red. Wit different translatn it help better to understand.
Gba!
The essence of the book is to communicate with humans, if humans can't interprete it logically, then I don't understand the purpose.
They say you cant understand it literally when there is mago-mago they can't spin away .
Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by Peterpan1(m): 2:40pm On Oct 21, 2012
Mmh, nice and timely in nature,for me i think it helps me in terms of understanding, refrencing, study
Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by teniyi(m): 2:41pm On Oct 21, 2012
[quote author=Goldenheart]only GOD'S spirit can make u undastand wat is in d bible....irrespective of d translation.[/quote
But the so called God's spirit has refused to approve a particular view. Keep telling lies on the Spirit!
Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by killuminati(m): 2:45pm On Oct 21, 2012
LMAO! As someone mention above, bible is a slave master's organised book.
You guys are in deep shyt mentally undecided

Confusion, confusion, confusion... And on, and on...

1 Like

Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by infofirst(m): 2:46pm On Oct 21, 2012
Techwriter: I don't believe a true christian should insult someone. Not even in Nairaland. Jesus said if u call your brother a fool u are in danger of Hell fire Matt 5. Please let's be civil in our approach; we are not Muslims
Not too good and am very sure Jesus will not be happi with that either

1 Like

Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by killuminati(m): 2:48pm On Oct 21, 2012
gbadexy: oyibo don bobo them grandpa papa papa papa papa. I sorry, sorry Ooo...
Gba!
The essence of the book is to communicate with humans, if humans can't interprete it logically, then I don't understand the purpose.
They say you can understand it literally when there is mago-mago they can't spin away .
Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by zangality(m): 3:01pm On Oct 21, 2012
Techwriter: I don't believe a true christian should insult someone. Not even in Nairaland. Jesus said if u call your brother a fool u are in danger of Hell fire Matt 5. Please let's be civil in our approach; we are not Muslims
And you think you have made a reasonable comment with your post...mtchew

1 Like

Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by ganye1: 3:11pm On Oct 21, 2012
You have broken this religious injunction by deliberately insulting Muslims.

3 Likes

Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by Goldenheart(m): 3:40pm On Oct 21, 2012
Jephyard: @goldenheart what have I said wrong that make u to pull insult on what I ve said. What is the holy book meant for if nt to b red n make a decision wherethere to go wit or not n what make other translation different or ve u gotten so used to kjv imposed on u from childhood n find it difficult accept other translation. Abeg get a life
i stil insist ur a monkey with a red asss. Read ur post again. Then get a life 2
Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by Goldenheart(m): 3:50pm On Oct 21, 2012
[quote author=teniyi][/quote] hahaha! U wonder y some monkeyz complain bible is confusing? U wonder y some people read 4rm nw til 2moro yet they dnt undastand a word? U wonder y people read the bible yet fall asleep? Dnt be foolish. Bible isnt any book u can just pick up n read. I stil stand on my word without God's spirit. Ere lo kan se......hehehehehe. Psalm 119:34. Dats al u need, mate. Hahahaha
Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by Goldenheart(m): 3:55pm On Oct 21, 2012
teniyi:
Its not possible because I m a Fool!
lmao.... grin indeed u re
Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by unikbabe: 4:15pm On Oct 21, 2012
I honestly feel dat with d numerous bible translations availabe today,d devine light keeps shinning on d true servants of God.But we shuld be careful because some pple have decided to remove certain important things 4rm d bible especially d devine name of God...Jehovah in Ps 83:18;110:1
Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by chucky234(m): 4:19pm On Oct 21, 2012
adefash: I get more confused whenever they call out a bible passage and what i here someone reads out sounds different from what i am getting from my bible. Trying to check the next person to me toi see if i actually open to the right passage, i find out that though i open to the right passage, but i get confused.for that reason i stoped going to church with bible since they will read to my hearing in chuch.when the need be, i jot things out.
Why not buy the whole versions,pack them into briefcase whenever you are going to church,that way you will never be lost with the different versions.
LMAO
Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by IZUKWU(m): 4:21pm On Oct 21, 2012
Lol @ some comments here. I love the bible and its various editions . I started out with the kjv ,then progressed to nkjv and then to living bible and goodnews . But i prefer the nkjv. There is one incident that i can't forget during my days at the university ,we praying and preparing for a set apart and a brother read a passage of the bible from isaiah ,it said concerning the work of my own hands ,command you me. We went berserk ,we started commanding God on what to do for us till one ,we had to read that same passage from another version ,only to see our foolly and stop.
Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by chucky234(m): 4:25pm On Oct 21, 2012
As Catholics we have the Catholic version but my wife have KJV while I uses NIV because its explanatory notes,reading from different versions/translations of the bible will cause problem with your faith and trust in God,its better you adhere to a particular version with proven and reliable texts.
Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by Mckybarf(m): 4:47pm On Oct 21, 2012
Many people have different opinions on the many versions of the bible but if we take time to look for the truth underlyining all these versions we will notice that they all seek to do just one thing- make the text, concepts and doctrines of the bible very easy to understand and making application of it easier to even the most lay person in christendom today. It is better to have at least two versions to help you grow in it use- a kjv and any other version of choise. Always read scripture with a clear mind and rather ask the holy Spirit to illuminate you on what you read. Never read it with preconcieved ideas or doctrines of others. Christianity is unique in every sense when compared to all other religions and so is the bible. As a clear minded young believer, i have no problems at all with any recognised version of the bible because it means i dont have to rely on somebody's interpretation of any text of scripture without confirming it for myself. Google any quotation and see how the texts of the various are given side by side with no change in context or meaning except for wording. In my local church, we use various versions of the bible just to bring out the best possible meaning of any piece of scripture.
Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by ecoleco: 4:47pm On Oct 21, 2012
Original poster meant this topic for good. Please let's not act like Joseph's brothers.
We can't be found insulting ourselves on a Christian thread like this. If we do, what hope have the non-Christians?

I am going to start from the positive side of things and say that reading many translations of the Bible often help one to understand what a particular verse is saying. If U reading a KJV, having another translation like the AMP by ur side will be of help. But like one of the posters said, if U can spend ample time on meditation and ask the WHAT WHY WHEN HOW FOR-WHOM questions and willing to stay on it, the often challenging texts of the KJV will soon start making real meaning by the Spirit of God. In other words, if U have ample time to spend, U can stick to the KJV alone but if U need to quickly grab the text, U want to have another translation like the AMP by ur side.

That said, I am going to head over to the bad news. There is an on-going efforts to make the Bible suit the coming world leader (Antichrist), such that some verses of the Authorised Version that specifically applied to Jesus is made to apply to anybody. Jesus Christ is being gradually erased from some of the newer translations. If U really want to learn more about what I am saying, head over to YouTube.com and search for " Gail Riplinger New Age Bible Version" it's about 2hr 32 mins video. I was spell-bound when I first learned about this some 10months ago.Drop ur email add and I can forward U a soft copy of her book titled "New Age Bible Versions - An exhaustive documentation exposing the Message, Men and Manuscript moving Mankind to the Antichrist's One World Religion" In this book, she makes a case against the NIV, NKJV, NRSV, NAB, REB, RSV, CEV, TEV, GNB, LIVING, PHILLIPS, NEW JERUSALEM and NEW CENTURY Bibles. She also has the latest research supporting The Authorised King James Version.

Try and watch the video or get the book from me. U ll be shocked at what you will learn. The best part is that U can personally verify what she is presenting by having the KJV and one of these other versions(like the NIV) before U as U watch the vid or read the book. I have since thrown away my NIV after this discovery. Plz don't hate or criticize me for what I am presenting here, I encourage U to do this and see what U can come up with. Be like Berean Christians...

1 Like

Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by Chrylich(m): 4:59pm On Oct 21, 2012
una don start. Abeg, wetin concern 'muslims' again.. *Smh..
Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by Orikinla(m): 5:00pm On Oct 21, 2012
My favourite portions of the Holy Bible are the following:

1. Isaiah
2. Psalms.
3. Proverbs
4. New Testament
5. Revelations.

My life is largely influenced by them and I pursue to be as God commanded us to be Holy as He is and Jesus Christ said we should be as perfect as our Father in heaven is.
This is my goal.
Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by glucogenic: 6:10pm On Oct 21, 2012
A Version of the 'Bible' that is doctored is the 'New Word Translation' as used by the 'Jehovah Witness'. Check it out.

1 Like

Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by Fkforyou(m): 7:03pm On Oct 21, 2012
you said your bible said u shouldn't insult anyone yet your are insulting muslims.Respect your old age dude.

1 Like

Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by Topsy4242(m): 7:21pm On Oct 21, 2012
Who tel u dey are confuse? U people should learn how 2 follow topic
Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by jahjehova(m): 7:31pm On Oct 21, 2012
ecoleco: Original poster meant this topic for good. Please let's not act like Joseph's brothers.
We can't be found insulting ourselves on a Christian thread like this. If we do, what hope have the non-Christians?

I am going to start from the positive side of things and say that reading many translations of the Bible often help one to understand what a particular verse is saying. If U reading a KJV, having another translation like the AMP by ur side will be of help. But like one of the posters said, if U can spend ample time on meditation and ask the WHAT WHY WHEN HOW FOR-WHOM questions and willing to stay on it, the often challenging texts of the KJV will soon start making real meaning by the Spirit of God. In other words, if U have ample time to spend, U can stick to the KJV alone but if U need to quickly grab the text, U want to have another translation like the AMP by ur side.

That said, I am going to head over to the bad news. There is an on-going efforts to make the Bible suit the coming world leader (Antichrist), such that some verses of the Authorised Version that specifically applied to Jesus is made to apply to anybody. Jesus Christ is being gradually erased from some of the newer translations. If U really want to learn more about what I am saying, head over to YouTube.com and search for " Gail Riplinger New Age Bible Version" it's about 2hr 32 mins video. I was spell-bound when I first learned about this some 10months ago.Drop ur email add and I can forward U a soft copy of her book titled "New Age Bible Versions - An exhaustive documentation exposing the Message, Men and Manuscript moving Mankind to the Antichrist's One World Religion" In this book, she makes a case against the NIV, NKJV, NRSV, NAB, REB, RSV, CEV, TEV, GNB, LIVING, PHILLIPS, NEW JERUSALEM and NEW CENTURY Bibles. She also has the latest research supporting The Authorised King James Version.

Try and watch the video or get the book from me. U ll be shocked at what you will learn. The best part is that U can personally verify what she is presenting by having the KJV and one of these other versions(like the NIV) before U as U watch the vid or read the book. I have since thrown away my NIV after this discovery. Plz don't hate or criticize me for what I am presenting here, I encourage U to do this and see what U can come up with. Be like Berean Christians...
plz 4ward d book/link 2 download d video ASAP to deleonipede@gmail.com. Tanx
Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by kibrat: 7:56pm On Oct 21, 2012
I have been impressed wth all your comment on different version of bible case study, but when I saw comment and relating bad things to Muslims I was confused, It is now that I can see: 1. Christian should be the root cause of problems in the world today 2. Christian don't have believe in God 3. Christian are very proud. 4. Christians do no know the behaviour of their creature 5.Everything is by loosing-in in christianity.
Please, remove that comment" since you are not a moslim" at the end of last comment.

1 Like

Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by gendebs(m): 8:10pm On Oct 21, 2012
Different version of bible is not helping at all. Most version contradict themselves and some ommittion. I stop going to church for some month probably because of those contradition. An error in mathematics can lead to a wrong answer also an error in the laboratory can render the test useless, like wise the bible . I believe the word of God should be perfect. Eg mat 17 vs 21 is ommited in some version. I ve them plenty if u want more. Thank God i am back to church.
Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 21, 2012
Nice thread. Fact is the Bible wasn't originally written in English, so translations are a must for the message to reach as many people as possible. Considering various translations helps one get a deeper understanding of Bible truths. As someone pointed out, it particularly helps clear up the verses of the Bible that appear contradictory.

Different translations of the Bible is not why there are contrasting teachings by some churches. It's a fulfillment of Bible prophecy - "Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils". - 1 Tim 4:1 (KJV).

"For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear". - 2 Timothy 4:3 (NIV). Also Matt. 24:10, 2 Thess. 2:3, 2 Timothy 3:5.

For the most part the diferrent Bible translations contain same message and it's clear for those seeking.
Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by tiarabubu: 8:18pm On Oct 21, 2012
Well I find the King James Version with its old English style a little bit difficult to understand (the thou, shalts, cometh etc) I prefer the New English Translation which is simpler to understand as it is rendered in modern everyday english. American Standard Version english is equally easy to understand. Once I got them I relinquished my KJV.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_English_Bible
Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by Roland17(m): 9:51pm On Oct 21, 2012
I am very happy this thread finally got the attention it deserves, i appreciate every comment made on this thread and hope we can be mature with utterances we make. Am a proud Catholic by faith, i grew up reading the King James version and i have found that version of the bible easy to understand and i get a lot of inspiration if i am able to understand the bible while am reading.
Re: How Has The Different Versions Of The Bible Affected You & Christianity by deluckiest(m): 10:09pm On Oct 21, 2012
ecoleco: Original poster meant this topic for good. Please let's not act like Joseph's brothers.

Kindly send me the book, deluckiest@yahoo.com. Remain blessed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yoruba Concept Of Heaven / Interesting Conversation Between A Muslim And Christians / 8 Important Ways God's Mercy Can Save Us From The Destroyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.