Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

Why Don’t Nigerian Pastors Preach Contentment? *picture* - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Don’t Nigerian Pastors Preach Contentment? *picture* (18874 Views)

Photo: What A South African Said About Nigerian Pastors / Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! / Why Don't Pastors Preach These Verses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don’t Nigerian Pastors Preach Contentment? *picture* by dabrake(m): 10:57pm On Oct 07, 2012
nenergy: . . .“challenge God offering”, . . .
Happy Sunday!!!
falls from etisalat mast
Re: Why Don’t Nigerian Pastors Preach Contentment? *picture* by dabrake(m): 11:10pm On Oct 07, 2012
Aizebioje: Well my Pastor preached contentment today."LIVE,EAT,WEAR ACCORDING TO YOUR SIZE...THE CONSTANT SEARCH TO LIVE ABOVE YOU INCOME HAS LED MANY CHRISTIANS INTO DEBT" Winner's Chapel Ugbowo Edo State
if i hear
Re: Why Don’t Nigerian Pastors Preach Contentment? *picture* by Aifey(m): 11:17pm On Oct 07, 2012
Religion is an opium introduced by d elites 2calm the masses. Leav or beliv it.
Re: Why Don’t Nigerian Pastors Preach Contentment? *picture* by israelbenzion: 11:18pm On Oct 07, 2012
obadiah777: THE CHURCH IS YOUR BODY. DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH READING THE BIBLE ON YOUR OWN AND COMPREHENDING IT ? WHY ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A PHYSICAL CHURCH ? OR ARE YOU JUST LOOKING FOR A PLACE TO SOCIALIZE ?

Yes, a physical church is necessary. The Bible says "forsake not d gathering of the brethren, as is d manner of some..."
Re: Why Don’t Nigerian Pastors Preach Contentment? *picture* by Venchy: 12:10am On Oct 08, 2012
x-fire:

As a christian, you should not forsake the fellowship of other believers. It's very key in spiritual growth. Christianity is about selflessness, love, fellowship, encouraging and sharing. Spirituality is polished when one is amongst believers. You see one another's strengths and weaknesses, and you strengthen one another to grow.

So what does your proverb tells or teaches us.....because I am confus and the same Holy book says your Almighty God is closer to you than the VAIN of your neck, so why patronizing this PRIVATE JET PASTORS that are not preaching the real Gospel any more but MY LORD IS A RICH GOD ALL THE TIME......oje marina fese gun go kibe ma seje.....May God Almighty punish all the FAKE PASTORS IN NIGERIA.
Re: Why Don’t Nigerian Pastors Preach Contentment? *picture* by BARRISTERS: 12:39am On Oct 08, 2012
Nigerians, do not forget dat every thing that is good is sometimes dominated by the evil men do. Why not see the good aspect of pastorship, am quite sure dat churches dont use guns to collect money.

If you go to any church and they are asking for money and u dont want to give kindly seat happily. The givers themselve hardly complain cos they keep getting more it is the poor minded and poverty ridden.

If assuming i take u to a scanty church, with wooden walls and lack of instruments to worship since no funds and yet the pastor preaches contentment i doubt u wuld stay there, same person will be looking for where all is perfect and lots of members females well dressed beautifully u forget the church money goes into all these.

Stop all this rants and give if u av and undastand what giving is all about then will u recieve

you are a greedy person, read what the bible says,instead of a concortion put together as 'law of giving to greedy pastors and not the real needy ones' read;

Proverbs 15:16
King James Version (KJV)
[size=18pt]Better is little with the fear of the Lord than great treasure and trouble therewith.[/size]
Re: Why Don’t Nigerian Pastors Preach Contentment? *picture* by BARRISTERS: 12:48am On Oct 08, 2012
I wonder why Nigerians cannot manage little means, a chineese workers would manage a car to transport them to work,they will force theirself to settle for less,4 persons per car and manage a flat with 5 or more persons and yet they are expatriates here in lagos, but a Nigerian person will never settle for less,he wants a personal car and house even when he does not need them or cannot put them to full use,is that not madness? its time we tackle the roots of greed,starting with prosperity pastors,if they are sure of their miracle,let them go to borno-state,cowards!
Re: Why Don’t Nigerian Pastors Preach Contentment? *picture* by BARRISTERS: 12:57am On Oct 08, 2012
any pastor veryn sure of himself should go to borno state permanently and performed miracles and not reaping where they did not deservedly sowed,its a crime to control someone's mentality the way Nigerian pastors do!
Re: Why Don’t Nigerian Pastors Preach Contentment? *picture* by Sirnokiopee(m): 3:46am On Oct 08, 2012
[quote author=Actionleap]I recommend Daystar christian Centre. That's the first church I saw that nobody is harassed for money. Offering is only once and if you don't give, nobody would notice. In fact, one day, Pastor Sam Adeyemi counsels members not to give all their money to the church, that God is not a money-doubler. He advise members to invest in good shares and property. For more good teaching too, visit www.livinseeds.org

its called reverse psychology, check after that counsel am sure offering will increase... no dey gonk am those people so called MOG are phd holder in related courses to psychology and are good motivational speaker. proof me wrong ...Attend a church with 100k naira in your pocket... if you survive the first sunday,try again the next sunday... you will be shocked at how they will sweet mouth you and you drop all 100k and borrow taxi money(with high hope).
Re: Why Don’t Nigerian Pastors Preach Contentment? *picture* by Danso(m): 4:32am On Oct 08, 2012
Re: Why Don’t Nigerian Pastors Preach Contentment? *picture* by ChrisGnarly: 6:36am On Oct 08, 2012
d truth must bitter bt must be told, our prob is that we dont even want to hear d truth. as i ve told u earlier visit any church or christ nearest to u nt church of christ in nigeria oo. or visit www.worldbibleschool.com or www.truthfortheworld.com u must lean a new thing, God bless u.
Re: Why Don’t Nigerian Pastors Preach Contentment? *picture* by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 08, 2012
Venchy:

So what does your proverb tells or teaches us.....because I am confus and the same Holy book says your Almighty God is closer to you than the VAIN of your neck, so why patronizing this PRIVATE JET PASTORS that are not preaching the real Gospel any more but MY LORD IS A RICH GOD ALL THE TIME......oje marina fese gun go kibe ma seje.....May God Almighty punish all the FAKE PASTORS IN NIGERIA.
I have not mentioned any church to 'patronize'. I only said it is good and spiritual to fellowship with other believers of the truth. Look for a good and gospel based church, and attend for the benefit of your spiritual welfare and others.
Re: Why Don’t Nigerian Pastors Preach Contentment? *picture* by Boomark(m): 2:58pm On Oct 08, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Enough with this Jehovah Witness is the best crapola.

How a church which churns out the most miserable looking....miserable existing set of people ever seen can be touted as the best in anything. . . is beyond me. undecided

Deeper Life and Jehovah witness should only be brought up when the discourse is about how to turn people off Christianity. Those two churches make a very strong case for that topic.

Can your church boldly compete with them in terms of contentment? Name your church. Its just like when a bigger babe with more money than you have, living an extravagant life sees you and said you are miserable. Does that make you miserable? Unless you are miserable and not contented, you are the only one to say so not the extravagant girl.

Watch the picture on the first page. They are happily smiling and sleeping.
Re: Why Don’t Nigerian Pastors Preach Contentment? *picture* by zoommigthy(m): 6:23pm On Oct 08, 2012
All web hosting services are provided by ZOOMMIGTHY, a Nigeria based company, headquartered in PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS. Our company aims at providing a large number of professional services in the following fields of activity: web hosting, web design,printing and publishing,domain registration and quality customer support. www.zoommigthy.com
Re: Why Don’t Nigerian Pastors Preach Contentment? *picture* by Thok(m): 10:20pm On Oct 08, 2012
@OP.. Gbam.
Re: Why Don’t Nigerian Pastors Preach Contentment? *picture* by Image123(m): 5:01pm On Oct 09, 2012
@op,
what's d definition of contentment and do you have a library of any single Nigerian pastor's messages to concluded that he, not to drag in all others, does not preach contentment?
Re: Why Don’t Nigerian Pastors Preach Contentment? *picture* by Anyigala(m): 10:44am On Oct 14, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

. / Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion / What's Your Longest Period Of Fasting And How Was It Accomplished?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.