Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed (41706 Views)

If You Are Disappointed In Buhari Ministerial List, ...... / Danjuma Azemobo Musa Responds To Achebe's New Book / Edo Election: We Are Disappointed – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 12:37am On Oct 08, 2012
Real-Mccoy:

My 5years old niece has far better IQ that yours. So you could uplift a bias tribal site like nairaland but can not speak of a site that sees no tribalism and also put Naijas in positive spotlight? You must be really fat,smelly and sweaty....lol..."strategic" that word got me laughing and sametime farting...lol...I would rather live my stinky Dustbin in my house that you scumbag

See a man of superb IQ? The man talking of tribalism has been defending Achebe with unbelievable ferocity, yet he has not read the book in question. Is Seun responsible for your tribal comments or you want to blame it on Awolowo? Poor things!
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by dragz: 12:39am On Oct 08, 2012
Chimanet: your grandfathers connived with housa not to give our region infastructures so that thier wont be a fair ground economically in our own region, now we are in lagos and abuja doing better than the so called indigines that r waiting for sumbody to spoone feed them with all their so called education
. Aren't u d one I saw yestdy selling rchrge cards on express.by d way y don't u improve ur hiv,poverty,flood ravaged regions
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by RealMccoy2(m): 12:39am On Oct 08, 2012
sbeezy8:

i dont wanna visit east- that thing theres NOTHING THERE
Above statement is the definition of ignorance. I won't blame white folks anymore for thinking African is populated by starving children as told by their lying media...lol
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 12:42am On Oct 08, 2012
bashr8: yorubas are the ones paranoid, if you where not i dont see the reason for starting the tribal bashings. stay on your lane. if you were not paranoid and bitter you wnt come out everyday to cry about how igbos are dominating you in lagos.

Eeyah, sorry! Continue your dominance! When kasala bubbles and the nation called Nigeria unravels, you lose everything. That time you blame it on Yoruba again. Hold your leaders responsible.

Build an international airport in the East. Build a free trade zone there!. Get a political platform for the region, don't join a national party. Nigeria is not a nation. Have a back up to fall back on if you can't get the center. DOn't play victim, play smart.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by RealMccoy2(m): 12:42am On Oct 08, 2012
Prof Corruption:

See a man of superb IQ? The man talking of tribalism has been defending Achebe with unbelievable ferocity, yet he has not read the book in question. Is Seun responsible for your tribal comments or you want to blame it on Awolowo? Poor things!
Try to stay on topic and don't allow your emotion cloud your judgmement.Seun benefit of hate and rumour, this website is a rally ground for Yoruba tribalist. Bella Naija is a class and it is owned by a female unlike you stinky gay that rape innocent children travelling to Lagos to visit their parents

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Dede1(m): 12:43am On Oct 08, 2012
dragz: . Prostitution ekiti?,drug pushing yoruba?,haha,I laff at ur stupidity.lolz

There is a joint in Ado Ekiti named “Sharp Sharp Motel”.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by RealMccoy2(m): 12:43am On Oct 08, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Eeyah, sorry! Continue your dominance! When kasala bubbles and the nation called Nigeria unravels, you lose everything. That time you blame it on Yoruba again. Hold your leaders responsible.

Build an international airport in the East. Build a free trade zone there!. Get a political platform for the region, don't join a national party. Nigeria is not a nation. Have a back up to fall back on if you can't get the center. DOn't play victim, play smart.
I said it, you must be really dumb and an Oluwole Prof not to know that those infrastructures in Lagos were erected by the federal government since it was a Federal Capital.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 12:45am On Oct 08, 2012
The worst thing that can ever happen to you is to deal with a yorubaman or woman! They are the cunniest, deadliest, heartless and dirtiest people on planet earth. Remember Psquare/May D, Don Jazzy/ Ski banj, Ruggedman/9ice, Obasanjo/Rochas Okorocha, etc. Does this popular betrayals ring a bell? Their girls are so dirty. They have the guiness world record of scratching their arsse more than 100 times per day because of dirtiness. Bottomline: SHOULD A YORUBAMAN AND A PYTHON ENTER YOUR HOUSE; BUTCHER THE YORUBAMAN FIRST BEFORE YOU THINK OF PARDONING OR THROWING THE PYTHON AWAY! THE PYTHON DESERVES BETTER THAN THIS SCUM OF A TRIBE. gringringrin

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 12:45am On Oct 08, 2012
Real-Mccoy:

Try to stay on topic and don't allow your emotion cloud your judgmement.Seun benefit of hate and rumour, this website is a rally ground for Yoruba tribalist. Bella Naija is a class and it is owned by a female unlike you stinky gay that rape innocent children travelling to Lagos to visit their parents

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

it's rally round for Yoruba tribalist but not for Igbo tribalists! Nwanne, don't forget your logic. When you point one finger at Yorubas, the remaining are equally facing you! Bella Naija, how does it sound? poor things!
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by bashr8: 12:45am On Oct 08, 2012
Prof Corruption:

bla bla bla ignorant mumu you ndont know we have 3 international airports in igboland. onitsha remains the largest trade centre in africa . yoruba ignorance knows no boundry .
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by RealMccoy2(m): 12:46am On Oct 08, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Area boy wants to benefit from looting hard working Igbos properties as they did during the civil war and June 12 crisis.The worse humiliation ever received by a Military officer in Naija history was done on a crying general called Diya. I used lower cap on "general" because he cried like a little girl on tape
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by whitecat007: 12:47am On Oct 08, 2012
No amount of propaganda will help divert crowd to the book. we all know nothing good comes out of iboland, you ibos have perfected the art of lying.
madridsta007: Have we all, who are arguing and insulting ourselves about Achebe's book, have you all read his book? Not so-called extracted comments, but have we read his book?

Some days ago some section of the Muslim world were protesting, burning and killing over a movie done in America about Prophet Mohammed. Many of Nairalanders condemned and vilified the protesters, many saying that it is absurd protesting over a film they have not watched or would not watch? We laughed and mocked at those protesting Muslims.

In the light of this recent happening, do you all think you are more holier than the killers and protesters you all condemned some days ago?
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 12:48am On Oct 08, 2012
Real-Mccoy:

I said it, you must be really dumb and an Oluwole Prof not to know that those infrastructures in Lagos were erected by the federal government since it was a Federal Capital.

Poor things! You beat your chest repeatedly that you are having a fair share in GEJ's government! Why not ask him to build them in Enugu? Is Federal Government a spirit? You think Hausa that took capital to Abuja is a fool? Build a platform for yourselves in the East! Nigeria is a jungle! You walk with your political gun in pocket.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by RealMccoy2(m): 12:50am On Oct 08, 2012
I am done with the Awo's bashing. I am headed out to Brooklyn to go give my Yoruba biatch a Yard stick....
Be a man and accept truth when confronted with it.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by OneNaira6: 12:51am On Oct 08, 2012
sbeezy8:

errr Iunno bout that one. Igbo choose to live outside igboland for their own benefit. But what is in Igboland for non igbos? If it were attractive many non igbos would live in igboland.

But cameroonians dont even live in igboland, where as you find beninoise,togolese,ghanaian etc living in Oyo, Ogun, Lagos, and You find Chad,Nigeriens Malians in the north.

Roflmao. Yorubas and adding salt. It is not just implicating a non-existent portion of Igbo population in the entire sw region, now u people have resulted to talking about other west African country. Wtf is wrong with una? It is not just this group, include Kenyans, Moroccans, Ethiopian, Latin Americans, the entire white population,all Asians, etc while you are at it. The entire worls is residing in SW. Smfh. While am at it, wasn't it the Yorubas accusing Enugu and anambra governors as tribalistic for refusing to hand out free land in Enugu and kicking them out of onitsha bridge in anambra.

@ other members
Anyway, is the book that is causing all this wahalla, is it out yet. If so, where can I get it? Sounds like an interesting read
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by bashr8: 12:51am On Oct 08, 2012
whitecat007: No amount of propaganda will help divert crowd to the book. we all know nothing good comes out of iboland, you ibos have perfected the art of lying.
achebe is a world brand that sells itself, the book will outsell things fall apart and will be translated in more than 50 languages this time around,schebe will break his own record which i doubt if anyother nigerian will attain except maybe chimamanda adichie
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by RealMccoy2(m): 12:52am On Oct 08, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Poor things! You beat your chest repeatedly that you are having a fair share in GEJ's government! Why not ask him to build them in Enugu? Is Federal Government a spirit? You think Hausa that took capital to Abuja is a fool? Build a platform for yourselves in the East! Nigeria is a jungle! You walk with your political gun in pocket.
What did OBJ and Shonekan do for Yoruba land? Have you been to Abeokuta? Don't take things too serious, we just celebrated the one Naija independent Awo faught for....lol
In other news, there was a bomb blast in a northern state..So much in this our one Nigeria..........lol
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 12:53am On Oct 08, 2012
bashr8: bla bla bla ignorant mumu you ndont know we have 3 international airports in igboland. onitsha remains the largest trade centre in africa . yoruba ignorance knows no boundry .

Stop empty chest beating. You have three international airports in the East yet your sons are using Lagos and Abuja airports? Onitsha is the largest trade centre in Africa yet Lagos GDP is almost at par with that of entire East? Who is the Mumu now?

You will never learn. Empty chest beating does not get the job done.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by whitecat007: 12:55am On Oct 08, 2012
Just name the villages where oil are pumped and name of the companies that are drilling. I will then come back here to tell nairalanders my findings. you think its still back in the days when the rest of nigeria thought anything after ore is iboland.
Ngodigha1:
There is oil in 5 out of 7 states of Igboland, poor girl.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by bashr8: 12:56am On Oct 08, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Stop empty chest beating. You have three international airports in the East yet your sons are using Lagos and Abuja airports? Onitsha is the largest trade centre in Africa yet Lagos GDP is almost at par with that of entire East? Who is the Mumu now?

You will never learn. Empty chest beating does not get the job done.
have you used omagwa airport before in ph ? ignorance is disease ,save yourself
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by mimifonwon(f): 12:56am On Oct 08, 2012
sweet_gala: History is good, but I see this a tactful act to destroy the image of your enemy.
Awolowo was a great leader , a man was willing to take certain questionable decisions in the hope of ending a terrible civil war.
He never had any verbal agreement with Ojukwu to protect Biafran interest, why should he be vilified . It was not a strange tactic to deny your enemy access to amenities through routes which were under your control. All sides done so in world war II , merchant ships were targeted by all sides, cargo planes and rail lines, during the American civil war both sides resorted to caves and underground passages. It's your enemies duty to deny you easy access to supplies its yours to protect your supply routes, gain some and come up with alternatives. All wars are won on this simple principle.

It is no news that Awolowo and Achebe were on opposing sides during the war , history is written by the victors , to that effect Gowon, Awolowo and several other Nigerians are celebrated as powerful people who kept this country together today, achebe has denied himself a national honour twice a decision I respect.
We made an effort to forgive Ojukwu of treason and gave him a state burial honoured his widow.

Gowon gave a great speech after the war which denounced the notion of victory for the Nigerian state but promoted peace dialogue unity and reflection.

Now I ask why must a old much respected Nobel laureate invite the topic of division and taint the image of his long dead enemy for personal gratification?
The war for him is long gone and lost.

okay my dear friend and to those that liked his statements, you are not writing with facts because even in his speech in may 1967 he even reiterated that if biafra left,the southwest will follow suite. now he verbally made a promise or ojukwu wouldn't have continued with the war, ojukwu always believed awolowo had his back to the last minute betray him. so my dear if the British and Russians who helped Nigerian have written about the same betrayal,don't try to makeup a story to appease the guilt(if there is any) that a fellow tribes man brought to your door step. I charge you to read other books written by non nigerians about the biafran war, from beginning to end and also after.Tell me if your friend rescues you from prison and you make him a promise to help him secede Nigeria and turn around and trade him for a promise of presidency( which you never get) and to get what you never had you go to hide and steal their assets just because they are of a certain tribe and then when queried lie and say you never read the documents you signed the northerners gave you as finance prime minister, haven't you in all honest committed a crime and breached the oath of office? So my dear awolowo's daughter should be disappointed by her father's actions before and after the war towards other tribes period. Dont call evil good just because his a tribesman or a father. Speak the truth!!
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by RealMccoy2(m): 12:56am On Oct 08, 2012
whitecat007: No amount of propaganda will help divert crowd to the book. we all know nothing good comes out of iboland, you ibos have perfected the art of lying.
Are you serious? LMAO....You are joking right?lol
Yoruba's Ododuwa creation was the biggest lie ever added in Naijas Social studies less plan....
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by bashr8: 12:57am On Oct 08, 2012
whitecat007: Just name the villages where oil are pumped and name of the companies that are drilling. I will then come back here to tell nairalanders my findings. you think its still back in the days when the rest of nigeria thought anything after ore is iboland.
did you smoke anything, google is your friend , ignorance is no longer an excuse in ths 21st century
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 12:59am On Oct 08, 2012
[size=28pt]Go Home!!!!!!

250,000 comments in three days.. *Sighs*[/size]

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 12:59am On Oct 08, 2012
bashr8: have you used omagwa airport before in ph ? ignorance is disease ,save yourself

Omagwa or wetin you call am? Laugh wan kill me? IS it the same PH you are dragging with Ijaw? What happens to Enugu? Why can't you have one there?
Is Federal Government a spirit?
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by dragz: 12:59am On Oct 08, 2012
Chimanet:
cos u can meet up with the competition.
com r u speaking for northerners? r u now thier brothers?
. Can u prove wit statistics dt dere are more ibos dere,u always spred mischiefs unto ur ignorant ibos.d fourth lagest city in present togo was found by yoruba warriors.wen will making sculptures n fiting cross border wars n changing bibles to yoruba languages Ibos were busy eating each other out.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by REVOLUTNIS: 1:00am On Oct 08, 2012
THERE WILL BE WAR AGAIN SOON, REAL WAR SOMEDAY IN THIS USELESS COUNTRY.
NIGERIA, I AM COMING FOR u................
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by RealMccoy2(m): 1:00am On Oct 08, 2012
mimifonwon:

okay my dear friend and to those that liked his statements, you are not writing with facts because even in his speech in may 1967 he even reiterated that if biafra left,the southwest will follow suite. now he verbally made a promise or ojukwu wouldn't have continued with the war, ojukwu always believed awolowo had his back to the last minute betray him. so my dear if the British and Russians who helped Nigerian have written about the same betrayal,don't try to makeup a story to appease the guilt(if there is any) that a fellow tribes man brought to your door step. I charge you to read other books written by non nigerians about the biafran war, from beginning to end and also after.Tell me if your friend rescues you from prison and you make him a promise to help him secede Nigeria and turn around and trade him for a promise of presidency( which you never get) and to get what you never had you go to hide and steal their assets just because they are of a certain tribe and then when queried lie and say you never read the documents you signed the northerners gave you as finance prime minister, haven't you in all honest committed a crime and breached the oath of office? So my dear awolowo's daughter should be disappointed by her father's actions before and after the war towards other tribes period. Dont call evil good just because his a tribesman or a father. Speak the truth!!
They are guilty and I won't blame them cos my own conscience would not allow me to sleep also. Do you know what goes through an average Yoruba man's mind when there is Boko Haram bombing up north? All they say is damn,our leaders messed up big time, how I wish Oduduwa Republic is a reality....Hahaha
They are mostly comic...Three Yoruba Kings were dethroned in less than three years yet they say they are cultured.....lol
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by REVOLUTNIS: 1:01am On Oct 08, 2012
THERE WILL BE WAR AGAIN SOON, REAL WAR SOMEDAY IN THIS USELESS COUNTRY.
NIGERIA, I AM COMING FOR u................
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Duchman67: 1:01am On Oct 08, 2012
The logic does not support the fact that Awo committed genocide. Virtually every family in my home town in Abia state lost upwards of two relatives in the war(some families ceased to exist-completely wiped out) and it brings the question:

1,Why did Ojukwu continue fighting when the first hundreds of thousands of deaths started?

2,What were we fighting for when we had insufficient resources to pursue the war, none of the super powers were remotely interested in assisting us or helped with very little and millions were dying?

3,Why did Ojukwu wait for millions to die before surrendering(and if anyone says he did not know millions were dying then he is extremely incompetent at waging war which takes precious lifes)?

I expect a torrent of abuse for posting these questions but will be happy for a clear logical answer that makes some sense.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by RealMccoy2(m): 1:01am On Oct 08, 2012
Prof Corruption:

Omagwa or wetin you call am? Laugh wan kill me? IS it the same PH you are dragging with Ijaw? What happens to Enugu? Why can't you have one there?
Lagos belongs to who? lol
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by bashr8: 1:02am On Oct 08, 2012
Prof Corruption:

ignorance they say is no excuse , since when is omagwa in ijawland mumu meanwhile show us one international aiport in yorubaland ,just one . igbos have 3 , 2 out of that 3 (enugu and asaba )are under construction. now show us yours mumu abi you wan claim lagos own.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (27) (Reply)

Ekiti House Of Assembly Holds Sittings At The Foot Of Ado-Ekiti Flyover (Photos) / Ajimobi’s Daughter, Ajay Accuses Bouncers At Lagos Nightclub Of Assault / Obidients React As Twitter Removes Blue Tick From Peter Obi’s Twitter Handle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.