Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,067 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed (41708 Views)

If You Are Disappointed In Buhari Ministerial List, ...... / Danjuma Azemobo Musa Responds To Achebe's New Book / Edo Election: We Are Disappointed – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Chimanet(m): 11:08pm On Oct 07, 2012
alj harem:

Is that all ? Surly you have some more so tell us

The ability for your region to be muliti-ethnic shows the mind set and progress of your people.

There is not advance country, region, place, community and town in the world that is not muliti-ethnic and plans to progress.

Yes you build better houses, have better cars etc but can you call those places your place ? The answer is NO if your are truthful to yourself.

Houses would fade away so would cars but what legacy have you left for your unborn generations ? HATE, DISTRUST OTHERS ETC Just as your fathers have impacted into you all. I mean see the rubbish some of you are typing ?

Please MR litrate, wats the meaning of a 1 nigeria?
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Chimanet(m): 11:12pm On Oct 07, 2012
Abi una wan ban us from coming to lagos to turn sum of ur brothers our houseboys? lollll, i love 1 nigeria, is fun
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by sbeezy8: 11:13pm On Oct 07, 2012
bashr8: we make it everywhere igboland ,yorubaland, hausaland, it comes with being at the top of the food chain.

errr Iunno bout that one. Igbo choose to live outside igboland for their own benefit. But what is in Igboland for non igbos? If it were attractive many non igbos would live in igboland.

But cameroonians dont even live in igboland, where as you find beninoise,togolese,ghanaian etc living in Oyo, Ogun, Lagos, and You find Chad,Nigeriens Malians in the north.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by sbeezy8: 11:15pm On Oct 07, 2012
Chimanet: Abi una wan ban us from coming to lagos to turn sum of ur brothers our houseboys? lollll, i love 1 nigeria, is fun

Makes no sense. I would the majority ethnic group in the State to be the first line of employees. examples Americans maids butlers, are often hired by Russian billionaires. and when White people go to china they have chinese employees and when the chinese come to Nigeria they have Nigerian employees
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by jmslimx(m): 11:16pm On Oct 07, 2012
What ever Achebe said is totally true because my grand dad told me same thing before this book came out. They know they history and if anything he said you find it offensive they should hug a transformer
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by aljharem(m): 11:17pm On Oct 07, 2012
bashr8: your a confused little boy , your the only one that dont know that biafran and international organisations where bringing in supplies in the middle of the night ,flying very low to avoid radar and dropping the supplies from the sky from where they are picked up and distributed. ignorance is a disease . biafra and russia supplied heavy arms and tanks to nigeria [/b]while [b]egypt took care of the airfoce which where responsible for bombing farms, redcross, hospitals, churches , its al on the internet slowpoke, it is known that britain supplied more weapons to nigeria than what what used during world war 2 , am fed up with your stupidity its no longer funny.

SMH I mean how can I take this man serious undecided
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Chimanet(m): 11:17pm On Oct 07, 2012
your grandfathers connived with housa not to give our region infastructures so that thier wont be a fair ground economically in our own region, now we are in lagos and abuja doing better than the so called indigines that r waiting for sumbody to spoone feed them with all their so called education
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by WilyWily5: 11:17pm On Oct 07, 2012
For Real, Awolowo is in Hell Now
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by aljharem(m): 11:18pm On Oct 07, 2012
Chimanet: Abi una wan ban us from coming to lagos to turn sum of ur brothers our houseboys? lollll, i love 1 nigeria, is fun
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin LMAO !!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by sbeezy8: 11:19pm On Oct 07, 2012
Chimanet: your grandfathers connived with housa not to give our region infastructures so that thier will be a fair ground economically in his own region, now we are in lagos and abuja doing better than the so called indigines that r waiting for sumbody to spoone feed them with all their so called education

LOL I dont know bout that one, Yorubas are pretty well off- They dont really lose money or investments outside their region and they are actually steadily increasing.

Hausas elite are WELL off in Abuja- no doubt about it.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by whitecat007: 11:21pm On Oct 07, 2012
how many northerners have you seen here calling Yoruba names.
Noiseless2: But just few weeks ago, a northerner spoke publicly on how the same man (awolowo)selfishly and shamelessly joined to fight against Biafra after being dangled with the promise of presidency if Biafra gets crushed. How come heaven didn't let loose by the Yorubas when the northerner made similar comment?

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Chimanet(m): 11:22pm On Oct 07, 2012
sbeezy8:

LOL I dont know bout that one, Yorubas are pretty well off- They dont really lose money or investments outside their region and they are actually steadily increasing.

Hausas elite are WELL off in Abuja- no doubt about it.
bros but una say na 1 nigeria. if u dont go to others pple regions hw will we achieve our 1 nigeria goal

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by aljharem(m): 11:23pm On Oct 07, 2012
Chimanet: bros but una say na 1 nigeria. if u dont go to others pple regions hw will we achieve our 1 nigeria goal

gbammmmm that's the spirit grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

So then you have to agree that Achebe is a bit off for trying to compromise the integrity of this one country
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by whitecat007: 11:25pm On Oct 07, 2012
Just say schools in iboland, where you live in lies as if tomorrow will never come.
bashr8: abeg who knows when the book is coming out in nigeria, its a must read.i heard schools in nigeria and abroad are already making plans to add it to their syllabus
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Chimanet(m): 11:26pm On Oct 07, 2012
alj harem:

gbammmmm that's the spirit grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

So then you have to agree that Achebe is a bit off for trying to compromise the integrity of this one country
So for how long do u want to continue hiding these atrocities in house? provided one party is not to hapi with atrocities commited in its region, believe me we r not going to forge ahead
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by whitecat007: 11:28pm On Oct 07, 2012
to further screw up the future of your children just as your own parents did to you.
solomon111: I got to order for that book immediately.
It should be one of my children's inheritance.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Chimanet(m): 11:31pm On Oct 07, 2012
whitecat007: to further screw up the future of your children just as your own parents did to you.
yeap, in igboland we value our dead, so hw does that 1 concern u?
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by whitecat007: 11:31pm On Oct 07, 2012
you can hate him all you want, what difference does it make, who do ibos love in the world?[quote author=priory][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by bashr8: 11:31pm On Oct 07, 2012
sbeezy8:

errr Iunno bout that one. Igbo choose to live outside igboland for their own benefit. But what is in Igboland for non igbos? If it were attractive many non igbos would live in igboland.

But cameroonians dont even live in igboland, where as you find beninoise,togolese,ghanaian etc living in Oyo, Ogun, Lagos, and You find Chad,Nigeriens Malians in the north.

ignoramus have you been to the south east? go and ask the non igbos living there including the yorubas what is in store for them .
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Chimanet(m): 11:36pm On Oct 07, 2012
Abeg na God bless igbos, please stop the hate. biko ni ndigbo, is wrong to come to kano and lagos with leather bags and after 8 years build a house, buy a nice car and marries a swt chick while your landlord son is still walking aimlesly around the street looking for who to hate?
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by aljharem(m): 11:36pm On Oct 07, 2012
Chimanet:
So for how long do u want to continue hiding these atrocities in house? provided one party is not to hapi with atrocities commited in its region, believe me we r not going to forge ahead

I think you are new thus don't my position. First of all Achebe wrote a lie but regardless I could careless. We are working on it my brother. wink
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by bashr8: 11:37pm On Oct 07, 2012
alj harem:

I think you are new thus don't my position. First of all Achebe wrote a lie but regardless I could careless. We are working on it my brother. wink
whenever your caught lying you start preaching one nigeria, chameleon smh

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Chimanet(m): 11:38pm On Oct 07, 2012
whitecat007: you can hate him all you want, what difference does it make, who do ibos love in the world?
ask my ogojo and ijaw friend. they will tell you that yorubas can never love any good thing from anybody that doest speek yoruba atleast. no that that we r best but at least we r liberal and not too tribalistic in general
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by aljharem(m): 11:40pm On Oct 07, 2012
bashr8: whenever your caught lying you start preaching one nigeria, chameleon smh

Am no longer preaching one Nigeria CUZ YOU ALL DON'T WANT ONE NIGERIA. Imagine an old man like achebe writing things that are ethnocentric and shows hateful tribalism.

But if you want a split at least lets settle the issues at hand now first.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Solozzo(m): 11:41pm On Oct 07, 2012
Not sure of the details, but there was clear indication of genocide against the Igbo tribe, even before the war broke out and this was the driving force for the declaration of the Biafra nation. Clearly any senior govt minister like awolowo may have given some genocidal advice,. Awo was not a saint. The family of awo should feel disappointed in their patriarch and apologise on his behalf.

Achebe only weaved history into his writings, the truth we all knew.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Chimanet(m): 11:44pm On Oct 07, 2012
Solozzo: Not sure of the details, but there was clear indication of genocide against the Igbo tribe, even before the war broke out and this was the driving force for the declaration of the Biafra nation. Clearly any senior govt minister like awolowo may have given some genocidal advice,. Awo was not a saint. The family of awo should feel disappointed in their patriarch and apologise on his behalf.

Well done my brother for pointing out the truth. leave sum of the yoruba boys that are neva straightfoward in thinking

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by aljharem(m): 11:44pm On Oct 07, 2012
Solozzo: Not sure of the details, but there was clear indication of genocide against the Igbo tribe, even before the war broke out and this was the driving force for the declaration of the Biafra nation. Clearly any senior govt minister like awolowo may have given some genocidal advice,. Awo was not a saint. The family of awo should feel disappointed in their patriarch and apologise on his behalf.

You see that's the problem. No YORUBA would apologise to the Igbos. Forget it, it is a dream

A yoruba man reality is different from the rubbish you people write here. Even if they apologise for Ojukwu's mistake, would you forgive ?
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by sbeezy8: 11:44pm On Oct 07, 2012
bashr8: ignoramus have you been to the south east? go and ask the non igbos living there including the yorubas what is in store for them .

i DONT KNOW any non igbos living in the Southeast. scratches head even my igbo family dont live in the Southeast maybe like a few, even my efik people stay in calabar. Im just making an observation.

Majority of people dont see igboland as attractive, even igbos born outside igboland dont want to live their- is it my fault? There are more yorubas and hausas in Ghana than there is in igboland.

sorry if that angers you

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by aljharem(m): 11:46pm On Oct 07, 2012
sbeezy8:

i DONT KNOW any non igbos living in the Southeast. scratches head even my igbo family dont live in the Southeast maybe like a few, even my efik people stay in calabar. Im just making an observation.

Majority of people dont see igboland as attractive, even igbos born outside igboland dont want to live their- is it my fault? There are more yorubas and hausas in Ghana than there is in igboland.

sorry if that angers you

but its the truth.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by whitecat007: 11:46pm On Oct 07, 2012
You A SSHOLE, you know he's not one sided.
Wislet: HAS ANY OF US HERE READ THE BOOK?
If you have, pls indicate.
I do not think Achebe would be one-sided in this tell-it-all book.
Let us at least READ IT before commenting.
Anybody that fights here will be punished.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Chimanet(m): 11:48pm On Oct 07, 2012
sbeezy8:

sorry if that angers you
cos an average yoruba that is searching for greener pastures cant hussle enuf money for his house rent in the east. anyway our neigbour in a onitsha is a yoruba man
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by aljharem(m): 11:50pm On Oct 07, 2012
Chimanet:
cos an average yoruba that is searching for greener pastures cant hussle enuf money for his house rent in the east. anyway our neigbour in a onitsha is a yoruba man
cry cry cry cry

Just as the british search for greener pasture in Nigeria. My guy use your brains

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (27) (Reply)

Obidients React As Twitter Removes Blue Tick From Peter Obi’s Twitter Handle / 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death / Ekiti House Of Assembly Holds Sittings At The Foot Of Ado-Ekiti Flyover (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.