Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,078 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

Guys: Would You Date A Lady Older Than You? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys: Would You Date A Lady Older Than You? (13641 Views)

Photos: Guys Can You Date This Beatiful Damsel? / Please Help: Is It Right To Marry A Lady Older Than You / Lady Older Than The Man In Marriage,does It Matter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys: Would You Date A Lady Older Than You? by seunfly: 10:49am On Oct 10, 2012
FlowerPower: I continue to see posts stating "women age faster than men". If you are referring to physical appearance, this depends on where you live in the world. Most American women definitely do not "look" older than men of the same age. However, that does not stop old wrinkly men from chasing 20 year old girls. Stop working Nigerian women to death, and maybe their physical beauty won't fade so quickly. angry

flowerpower let me tell you this, anywhare in the world women ageing is faster than men however, in advace countries women have many body enhancing treatment and therapy that average american women and others undergo atleast once in thire life time, this make them little younger than thire men. the same is applicable to rich Nigerian women who travel abroad to enjoy it.
Re: Guys: Would You Date A Lady Older Than You? by Rooneyboy(m): 10:51am On Oct 10, 2012
etunoman76: Hmmmmm.....why would u want to date an older woman, but would not want to marry same? Just thinking aloud tho

@op, I see nothing wrong with it, infact, I had a good relationship with one, but had to call it off, cos she was more in love with her job than with me. However, at my age, the age difference matters, anything beyond 5 is a no-no!

Guy close ur mouth,
When her honey pot dries up mid way into ur marriage what would u do ?
Re: Guys: Would You Date A Lady Older Than You? by scottN(m): 10:52am On Oct 10, 2012
I've kinda enjoyed d r/ships I've had more with ladies that r either older than me or my age than with those younger than me. Its always been smooth,stress free and full of understanding; though they lacked spontaneity unlike the younger ones which is y I sometimes prefer d younger ones grin
However the major problem I've had wit them older ones is when they start hammering on the M issue. And I really don't blame them 4 that.
I've actually been to two of their weddings and I was truly happy 4 them.
If only they could ease up a bit on the marriage issue and stop thinking that all r/ships MUST lead 2 marriage I would prefer dating the older ones.
Re: Guys: Would You Date A Lady Older Than You? by toluxa1(m): 10:55am On Oct 10, 2012
perez019: I definately would date or marry a lady that's older than me.. Older ladies are loving and caring, the only problem I keep having with them is that they feel inferior each time they see u with a younger lady..another problem is that they always want to rush things and they keep pissing u off with marriage plans ..I once dated a lady six years older than me and I enjoyed every bit of it. We parted ways cos of genotype wahala.

This is the main headache
Re: Guys: Would You Date A Lady Older Than You? by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 10, 2012
binger: true talk babe...buh d 'western women'(and some wel to do Nigerians) u see that dont age fast make use of age defying milks.fruits & veggies also help,buh d point is a woman is 2 years older than a man her age,BIOLOGICALLY speaking.

You are joking friend. Then how come men die earlier? The reason I think women look older is not just due to too much labour, but because we all expect women to keep looking pretty and cute. Men lose that baby face look right from their teens but women keep it for a far longer period.
So once they do lose it, we imagine they are getting old.
Re: Guys: Would You Date A Lady Older Than You? by Rooneyboy(m): 10:55am On Oct 10, 2012
Galaxydon1: My girl is 4 years older than me and we are deeply in love. Now i know why they said love is blind.
Ur deceiving urself o my man.
Re: Guys: Would You Date A Lady Older Than You? by frainc(m): 11:04am On Oct 10, 2012
get connected. check my signature and call me.
Re: Guys: Would You Date A Lady Older Than You? by DANILSA(m): 11:05am On Oct 10, 2012
MAXIMUM WE SHOULD BE THE SAME AGE. [s] IN MY CULTURE IT'S A DISGRACE sad sad embarassed[/s]
Re: Guys: Would You Date A Lady Older Than You? by Leobreezy(m): 11:08am On Oct 10, 2012
Yep, i can date a girl who is, at most, 2 years older than i am. However it all depends on her body size. If she's fat/chubby, hell no!!! If she's petite, definitely yes, cuz petite ladies look younger. Imagine what a naturally chubby lady would look like after her first pregnancy O_O
Re: Guys: Would You Date A Lady Older Than You? by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 10, 2012
What's with this new trend of typing in very large "odd-colored" fonts?

Back to the topic, eh, personally, Older Female friends = not a problem. Date an older female = Yes, but still depends (oh, and by using the word older, I am in NO way referring to 10-15years older - what will spark the attraction self?) undecided

Marrying someone older is light-years away from my head. Even if love is blind one can still feel the "Braile" cheesy
Re: Guys: Would You Date A Lady Older Than You? by Freiburger(m): 11:20am On Oct 10, 2012
Eze Promoe: [size=24pt]I can date a lady who is not more than 3 years older than me but i can't marry a lady who is born on the same day as me not to talk of a lady who is older than me.[/size]
Why are you able to date a lady older than you but afraid to marry one?
Re: Guys: Would You Date A Lady Older Than You? by Dee60: 11:23am On Oct 10, 2012
Princeparix: love comes with no assurance, no age limit and no discrimination. i can shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Happy to read this thread and to see that Nigerians have developed in thinking. A few years ago the answers would have been No, NO, NO.
Re: Guys: Would You Date A Lady Older Than You? by NwaTeacher1: 11:25am On Oct 10, 2012
Women age faster than men. How do u see ur wife looking like ur grandmother when she is 60 and ur 55. Tufiakwa, i will marry a woman that i'm 5 years older than, alto i knw that she will still old b4 me
Re: Guys: Would You Date A Lady Older Than You? by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 10, 2012
FlowerPower: I continue to see posts stating "women age faster than men". If you are referring to physical appearance, this depends on where you live in the world. Most American women definitely do not "look" older than men of the same age. However, that does not stop old wrinkly men from chasing 20 year old girls. Stop working Nigerian women to death, and maybe their physical beauty won't fade so quickly. angry
Naija women dey work
Re: Guys: Would You Date A Lady Older Than You? by melvino85: 11:38am On Oct 10, 2012
FlowerPower:

Every time I read a post like this one, I shed a tear cry. However I digress... I sure would like to see some of these age defying "milks.fruits & veggies". Unless you are talking about surgery or botox, everything else here is just a marketing scheme. It's primarily a matter of reducing exposure to the sun, easy acces to nutritious food, avoiding excessive work, and going to the doctor when we are sick. Fact: a man's lifespan is biologically about 7 years less than a woman's 79y/o for women vs 72 y/o for men in the US). BIOLOGICALLY women are younger than men. I believe that women are more mature than men of the same age, but I have no proof except personal experience. A woman's ability to produce children ends earlier than men (exclusive of new fertility treatments), however men still die sooner than women. I'm not concerned for myself, because I'm not in search of anyone. However, someone has to set fire to the myths and lies that abound!

YOu have no idea what your post has done...thanks for posting it
Re: Guys: Would You Date A Lady Older Than You? by ichidodo: 11:56am On Oct 10, 2012
YEAH! I AM 26,ERGO I CAN DO 10 YEARS AND ABOVE.
Re: Guys: Would You Date A Lady Older Than You? by mallorca(m): 12:02pm On Oct 10, 2012
age is just a number
Re: Guys: Would You Date A Lady Older Than You? by onuwaje(m): 12:05pm On Oct 10, 2012
I have dated a gal when I was 18 and she was 22 but we broke up cos let me admit I was a lil bit childish but she exposed me to things I never knew bout women... I wud love to date another
Re: Guys: Would You Date A Lady Older Than You? by knockturnal(m): 12:06pm On Oct 10, 2012
Well, if am unda 30, i can date and marry a lady who is about 2yrs older than i am. As i get older, lets say at age 40, i can marry a lady who is abt 10yrs older. That is supposin that my parents, frnds, pastor n siblings agree to such a union. There are various perks u derive frm datn or marryng an olda woman. They are more mature, organised, focused, established, n best of all more insecure.

1 Like

Re: Guys: Would You Date A Lady Older Than You? by kaymyself: 12:11pm On Oct 10, 2012
Pinging level jo this is part one
Re: Guys: Would You Date A Lady Older Than You? by Websolution: 12:28pm On Oct 10, 2012
I can only date even if she's 10yrs older than me bt cannot marry her
Re: Guys: Would You Date A Lady Older Than You? by dartsidius7(m): 12:39pm On Oct 10, 2012
yes i can.
Re: Guys: Would You Date A Lady Older Than You? by dartsidius7(m): 12:40pm On Oct 10, 2012
Yomieluv: Why not,age is nothing but number.so far there is mutual understanding in the relationship.and she doesn't brag with being older than I'm. Older pu/s/s/y is even sweet to phuck,I swear its like jollof rice.

jollof rice with dodo and seekin (ibadan swaggah)
Re: Guys: Would You Date A Lady Older Than You? by karpentar: 12:53pm On Oct 10, 2012
binger: Hmm! Few days ago,a similar topic was discussed which was directed to the ladies.I think we have to hear from the guys.so,nairaland gentlemen,would you date a lady much older than u are? You could give reason to your answer for the discussion to flow. Over to ya.

Yes, only if she's a virgin.
Re: Guys: Would You Date A Lady Older Than You? by Leobreezy(m): 1:12pm On Oct 10, 2012
Y'all that are saying "you can date but not marry" its obvious you're not really interested in the lady. You just wanna "scratch that kitty-kat" then dump her for the next younger babe. If you know you can't marry an older lady, then don't date one . Simple!!

3 Likes

Re: Guys: Would You Date A Lady Older Than You? by Lex1(m): 1:15pm On Oct 10, 2012
Have dated an older lady before, she was 5 yrs older. They are submisive, caring n they don't demand much. But you have to do cos you are the man in the relationship, they would hardly ask from you. Long distance couldn't keep the relationship going as i was transfered out. I can marry a lady who is 2-3yrs older.
Re: Guys: Would You Date A Lady Older Than You? by Lex1(m): 1:17pm On Oct 10, 2012
Leobreezy: Y'all that are saying "you can date but not marry" its obvious you're not really interested in the lady. You just wanna "scratch that kitty-kat" then dump her for the next younger babe. If you know you can't marry an older lady, then don't date one . Simple!!

WORD! SIMPLE!! GBAM!!!
Re: Guys: Would You Date A Lady Older Than You? by Meeky(m): 1:21pm On Oct 10, 2012
Leobreezy: Y'all that are saying "you can date but not marry" its obvious you're not really interested in the lady. You just wanna "scratch that kitty-kat" then dump her for the next younger babe. If you know you can't marry an older lady, then don't date one . Simple!!
WELL SAID.IT CUDNT HAVE BEEN BETTER SAID THAN DIS
Re: Guys: Would You Date A Lady Older Than You? by mannet(m): 1:29pm On Oct 10, 2012
Well,just like someone said that some few years ago Nigerians will give a definite NO-NO answer but am happy things are really changing fast and we are getting more open minded.Of all the relationships I've ever had i always enjoy the ones with ladies older than me especially when i was in skool,i dated a lady 4 years older and she was great though we later parted ways due to marriage tinz.
Older ladies are more matured,understanding,patient,supportive and respectful than these small girls who run their mouths,misbehave and talk anyhow.
Seriously am praying to God to give me a lady 2 to 5 years older than me as my lovely wedded wife till death do us part.
Re: Guys: Would You Date A Lady Older Than You? by EzePromoe: 1:45pm On Oct 10, 2012
Eze Promoe: [size=24pt]I can date a lady who is not more than 3 years older than me but i can't marry a lady who is born on the same day as me not to talk of a lady who is older than me.[/size]

Freiburger:
Why are you able to date a lady older than you but afraid to marry one?

By the time misunderstanding will arise then you will know who is older than each other. You know what i mean. cool
Re: Guys: Would You Date A Lady Older Than You? by Memphis357(m): 2:07pm On Oct 10, 2012
Can't seem to figure it out..... I'm just attracted to MILFs and Cougars.....They dig me as well. Maybe it's the love-vendor in me undecidedCan't seem to figure it out..... I'm just attracted to MILFs and Cougars.....They dig me as well. Maybe it's the love-vendor in me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Are Ladies Moved More By Sight Or Words? / Shocking: A Lady With Sexy Ass Caught With Fixed And By A Priest / Madly In Love With My Fuckmate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.