Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

African Nations Cup . Pictures, Results And Videos ~~ - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / African Nations Cup . Pictures, Results And Videos ~~ (24032 Views)

African Under 17 Nations Cup: Golden Eaglets trashed Gabon, qualifies. / CAF African Nations Championship: South Africa 2014 / U17 African Nations Cup Thread (all About 2013 U17 Nations Cup) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Nations Cup . Pictures, Results And Videos ~~ by mukina2: 6:14pm On Feb 01, 2008
Tunisia -Angola Highlights tongue

[flash=425,355]http://youtube.com/watch/v/X_oeU_JbW8s[/flash]
Re: African Nations Cup . Pictures, Results And Videos ~~ by mukina2: 6:16pm On Feb 01, 2008
Senegal- South Africa Highlights tongue grin good for grumpy diouf tongue grin

[flash=425,355]http://youtube.com/watch/v/bLiCASY2Usc[/flash]
Re: African Nations Cup . Pictures, Results And Videos ~~ by holythug(m): 9:17pm On Feb 01, 2008
i still wonder ow diouf won d african footballer of d year back den
Re: African Nations Cup . Pictures, Results And Videos ~~ by mukina2: 10:58pm On Feb 02, 2008
Nigeria are relishing the chance to play the role of party wreckers when they tackle hosts Ghana in Sunday's Africa Cup of Nations quarter-final.

This last-eight clash between the two west African nations is just the latest chapter in a lengthy rivalry.

"It's going to be Black Sunday for the Black Stars," predicted Nigeria's media officer Peterside Idah.

Ghana coach Claude LeRoy was resolute: "(We have) great team spirit and I believe the quality to go all the way."

The game at the Accra Sports Stadium features a batch of players from the English Premier League, with Ghana's Michael Essien coming up against his fellow Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel.

There is also a strong Portsmouth contingent with the home side's Sulley Muntari facing the Nigeria duo Nwankwo Kanu and John Utaka.

"Both sides may have them but I've got the best Chelsea and Portsmouth players," boasted Ghana coach Claude LeRoy.

Nigeria have been hit by a newfound wave of optimism after leaving behind their struggling early opening round form to seal their place in the quarter-finals with a convincing 2-0 win over Benin on Tuesday.

That left Berti Vogts' Super Eagles as Group B runners-up.

Ghana ended Group A as leaders after three straight wins, saving the best for their final victory over Morocco, with Essien scoring and setting up Muntari.

"All Nigerian sides are strong, but I'm confident, I'm always confident in life," said LeRoy who guided Cameroon to the 1988 title.

Ghana's only injury worry concerns striker Asamoah Gyan, who is nursing a slight groin strain forcing him to train apart from the team on Thursday and Friday.

"I haven't trained with the team for two days now but I think I'll be fit to play on Sunday," said the 22-year-old Udinese forward.

Junior Agogo, back to form after feeling unwell on Thursday, predicts sparks will fly on Sunday.

"There's going to be a lot of passion, a lot of hard tackling, but we're ready, the boys are buzzing to get the game started," said the in-form Nottingham Forest attacker.

Austin Eguavoen is in poetic mood before the match

Laryea Kingston returns after sitting out the Morocco game with a one-match suspension.

This is the 60th time the two countries have met, and it is hard to avoid the growing sense of optimism in the Nigeria camp that this meeting will go their way.

But while Ghana are at full strength Vogts is missing influential winger Peter Osaze Odemwingie due to suspension.

On the plus side Kanu, a veteran of five Nations Cups, is back in the picture after recovering from a knock he picked up in the defeat by Ivory Coast.

"We still can't believe that we have qualified for the quarter-finals because we had all given up until the unexpected happened last Tuesday," said Kanu.

Nigeria assistant coach Austin Eguavoen opted for a poetic summary of the game.

"We have the game plan that will ensure that we prick the eyes of the Stars to gather enough clouds to cover their glitter."

Whichever side prevails on Sunday will have as their reward a semi-final date with the winner of the quarter-final between Tunisia and Cameroon.

Black Stars Vs Super Eagles
Re: African Nations Cup . Pictures, Results And Videos ~~ by folahann(m): 11:04pm On Feb 02, 2008
What is the moral lesson form this
Re: African Nations Cup . Pictures, Results And Videos ~~ by mukina2: 11:05pm On Feb 02, 2008
u nor sabi read? tongue
Re: African Nations Cup . Pictures, Results And Videos ~~ by folahann(m): 11:06pm On Feb 02, 2008
I've already read that today on BBC
Re: African Nations Cup . Pictures, Results And Videos ~~ by mukina2: 11:09pm On Feb 02, 2008
Almighty CIV kiss versus Guinea
[size=5pt]Yaya Toure kiss[/size]

Guinea will field a weakened team against tournament favourites Ivory Coast, as stand-in captain Bobo Balde is doubtful after a thigh injury.

Inspirational midfielder Pascal Feindouno, :Pwho usually captains the side, is suspended and misses the game.

Ivory Coast rested several regular players in their 3-0 defeat of Mali in their final group game.

The Elephants, led by Didier Drogba, have been the most impressive side at the tournament so far.

But Drogba is still cautious.

"It's another tournament we're starting now, we must be careful, football is very strange," he told BBC Sport.

"I hope we'll keep playing as simply as we have been and give our best on the pitch.

"We hope we're going to go as far as possible, which is the final, and then win it."

Defender Kolo Toure sad is a doubtful starter for Ivory Coast owing to a groin injury.

Guinea have reached the quarter-finals of the Nations Cup for the third successive time.

They were knocked at that stage by Senegal in 2006 and Mali in 2004.

It is hard to fancy their chances of going further this time, moreso with the absemce of Balde and Feindouno.

But striker Souleymane Youla says that Guinea cannot be ruled out.

"Of course we are going to miss Pascal because everything goes through him and I am more at ease knowing he is behind me," said Youla.

"But we have developed a plan to deal with his absence."

Somewhat strangely, Guinea are the higher of the two teams on the official rankings.

Guinea are third in Africa, two places above Ivory Coast.

CIV Vs GUinea
Re: African Nations Cup . Pictures, Results And Videos ~~ by mukina2: 11:10pm On Feb 02, 2008
folahann:

I've already read that today on BBC

so? tongue
Re: African Nations Cup . Pictures, Results And Videos ~~ by folahann(m): 11:12pm On Feb 02, 2008
mukina2:

so? tongue
When you say i no sabi read
E be like say you no get nothing for do
Re: African Nations Cup . Pictures, Results And Videos ~~ by mukina2: 11:15pm On Feb 02, 2008
folahann:

When you say i no sabi read
E be like say you no get nothing for do

why you con post in here sef? tongue

do not reply this one or else . . cool
Re: African Nations Cup . Pictures, Results And Videos ~~ by folahann(m): 11:18pm On Feb 02, 2008
tongue tongue tongue
Ghanaian fans making fun of Nigeria
MukiMuki, this is not your reply

Re: African Nations Cup . Pictures, Results And Videos ~~ by mukina2: 11:23pm On Feb 02, 2008
. . .fear me cool tongue

are you sure thats not you? tongue grin grin
Re: African Nations Cup . Pictures, Results And Videos ~~ by folahann(m): 11:30pm On Feb 02, 2008
Why say I go fear you?
That no be me ooo, it resembles you anyway
Re: African Nations Cup . Pictures, Results And Videos ~~ by mukina2: 11:37pm On Feb 02, 2008
me in a super eagles jersey? tongue am i male? tongue

thats you jo grin Taiwo Taiye's Jnr Brother tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue grin
Re: African Nations Cup . Pictures, Results And Videos ~~ by folahann(m): 11:47pm On Feb 02, 2008
Re: African Nations Cup . Pictures, Results And Videos ~~ by mukina2: 11:53pm On Feb 02, 2008
they are praying grin . .for the battle tomorrow grin grin
Re: African Nations Cup . Pictures, Results And Videos ~~ by folahann(m): 11:59pm On Feb 02, 2008
Well you said this but only 2 of the players in that photo are playing for super Eagles right now
Re: African Nations Cup . Pictures, Results And Videos ~~ by mukina2: 12:15am On Feb 03, 2008
how am i supposed to know when i can only see some numbers/names tongue

make you nor create more threads tomorrow oh grin tongue cheesy wink
Re: African Nations Cup . Pictures, Results And Videos ~~ by folahann(m): 1:04pm On Feb 03, 2008
Go and view, I've started creating new ones : Europe actually stole from Africa
Re: African Nations Cup . Pictures, Results And Videos ~~ by mukina2: 8:19pm On Feb 03, 2008
Ghana 2 Vs Nigeria 1 grin
45' Essien 34' Yakubu Ayegbini (pen)
82' Agogo

[img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/7225166.stm[/img]

Re: African Nations Cup . Pictures, Results And Videos ~~ by folahann(m): 8:48pm On Feb 03, 2008
@Mukina
I told you Nigeria was going to. . . . . . . . . . tongue
Re: African Nations Cup . Pictures, Results And Videos ~~ by mukina2: 8:52pm On Feb 03, 2008
grin cheesy i knew before you tongue confess you are not happy tongue
Re: African Nations Cup . Pictures, Results And Videos ~~ by folahann(m): 8:53pm On Feb 03, 2008
OH! i am very happy angry , this much more joy for me
Re: African Nations Cup . Pictures, Results And Videos ~~ by mukina2: 9:01pm On Feb 03, 2008
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

oya no war tongue tongue tongue tongue

ALMIGHT CIV IS UP NEXT kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: African Nations Cup . Pictures, Results And Videos ~~ by folahann(m): 9:04pm On Feb 03, 2008
Super Eagles actually flew today, much more impressive game
Re: African Nations Cup . Pictures, Results And Videos ~~ by mukina2: 9:10pm On Feb 03, 2008
clap for yourself grin cheesy tongue
Re: African Nations Cup . Pictures, Results And Videos ~~ by folahann(m): 9:11pm On Feb 03, 2008
cry Shut up
Re: African Nations Cup . Pictures, Results And Videos ~~ by mukina2: 9:41pm On Feb 03, 2008
why u dey cry undecided grin grin

oya sorry stop crying . .look on the brighter side wink grin

Arsenal is on top grin
Re: African Nations Cup . Pictures, Results And Videos ~~ by folahann(m): 9:45pm On Feb 03, 2008
Yeeeeeeesssssssssssssss!!!!! grin grin grin grin
There is something to be happy about
Re: African Nations Cup . Pictures, Results And Videos ~~ by Ghana4lyf: 9:52pm On Feb 03, 2008
GHANA GHANA GHANA grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

TOO MUCH shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Re: African Nations Cup . Pictures, Results And Videos ~~ by odada(m): 10:06pm On Feb 03, 2008

Am no longer interested!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

Festus 'Adegboye' Onigbinde Files For Divorce From Wife For Being Violent / Chelsea Complete The Signing Of Edouard Mendy From Rennes / Ime Udoka Becomes The First Nigerian To Coach A Team To The NBA Finals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.