Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,238 members, 7,822,224 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly (7505 Views)

Buhari To Return 2016 Budget To NASS Over Missing Projects / Jonathan Presents Handover Notes To Buhari (pictures) / Jonathan Presents Cheques & Appointment Letters To Victims Of NIS Tragedy - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by jimei0602: 2:01pm On Oct 10, 2012
I love you more and more each day, as time goes by.
[img]http://www.forexchartingsoftware.info/iPhone.gif[/img]
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by SkyBlue1: 2:08pm On Oct 10, 2012
klas:

The tragedy is in fighting without a cause. You asked what are the legislators going to do with the 'extra' money. There is no extra money .

The budget is a deficit budget. Higher expenditure than the projected revenue which is to be financed by borrowing. What the legislators are asking for is that the deficit gap be reduced by increasing the benchmark by $5/barrel instead of transferring the artificial excess to excess crude account which will be spent without recourse to the national assembly and at the same time borrowing to finance the approved budget.

CBN and finance ministry have been speaking grammar on the advantages of saving and borrowing at the same time as opposed to the assembly stand of reduced saving and reduced borrowing. Afterall na person wey chop bellyful dey save excess.

Sound argument and sound logic
. But what happens if oil prices don't hold above the $80 benchmark they are asking for? Will that not greatly hamper implementation since we would have to start running around for funding in such eventuality, or do we just assume we automatically move money from the excess crude account to finance the shortfall? Which state governor will agree to that?
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by misreal(m): 2:09pm On Oct 10, 2012
Hmmm.i don hear lipsrsealed
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Mandelaguy(m): 2:14pm On Oct 10, 2012
jimei0602: I love you more and more each day, as time goes by.
[img]http://www.forexchartingsoftware.info/iPhone.gif[/img]
Who are you loving? Take am easy o!
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Captainajama: 2:19pm On Oct 10, 2012
I hereby declare the FOO.L DEMDEM persona non grata on nairaland.
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Mandelaguy(m): 2:21pm On Oct 10, 2012
Captainajama: I hereby declare the FOO.L DEMDEM persona non grata on nairaland.
I was just a second away from doing same.Hahahahahahaha,so see what I am talking about? Thought I was the only reasonable person here.
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Pupita(f): 2:23pm On Oct 10, 2012
You guys should leave DEMDEM ,you are hurting his ego. Focus on the budget and the ways we ordinary Nigerians can ensure effective implementation this time. It is our money we are talking about here o!
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Captainajama: 2:27pm On Oct 10, 2012
Pupita: You guys should leave DEMDEM ,you are hurting his ego. Focus on the budget and the ways we ordinary Nigerians can ensure effective implementation this time. It is our money we are talking about here o!
You ae right. We should focus more on driving this country forward,that should be a common agreement ground,not all this ego massage.
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Demdem(m): 2:27pm On Oct 10, 2012
Captainajama: I hereby declare the FOO.L DEMDEM persona non grata on nairaland.

Mandelaguy: I was just a second away from doing same.Hahahahahahaha,so see what I am talking about? Thought I was the only reasonable person here.

Fools will always think alike. Not surprised grin grin
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Demdem(m): 2:30pm On Oct 10, 2012
Pupita: You guys should leave DEMDEM ,you are hurting his ego. Focus on the budget and the ways we ordinary Nigerians can ensure effective implementation this time. It is our money we are talking about here o!

Can u kindly tell me where i lost it on this thread? The liars exhibited his traits and i corrected them with facts. i even went ahead to salute the early presentation of the budget. what else do u want. be careful where u thread, these ones are noted to be liars here on NL. anyway, na ur choice sha afterall, its a free world.
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Mandelaguy(m): 2:31pm On Oct 10, 2012
Demdem:

Fools will always think alike. Not surprised grin grin
When you go to market and fight with everyone,who is wrong? When everyone is called foo.l by you,who is a foo.l?
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by gees02(m): 2:33pm On Oct 10, 2012
Demdem: Nigeria has always had beautiful budgets. It didnt start today neither will it end today also. Implementation has always been our problem. even budget 2012 wasnt bad at all except the recurrent part IMO however what is our story today?

seems like uu're stuck on pessimism. uu neva seem to have anything good to say about our country and our president. Just so uu know, ur criticism hasn't done much good either !!! undecided undecided
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Pupita(f): 2:34pm On Oct 10, 2012
Demdem:

Can u kindly tell me where i lost it on this thread? The liars exhibited his traits and i corrected them with facts. i even went ahead to salute the early presentation of the budget. what else do u want. be careful where u thread, these ones are noted to be liars here on NL. anyway, na ur choice sha afterall, its a free world.
See mumu o! I was just telling you guys to focus on how to make things work and your ego made you read something else. Please read my post and stop starting fights with everyone,it will hurt you more.
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by bubadaniel13: 2:34pm On Oct 10, 2012
Bukkyade: This is the first time in the history of this country when budget is coming this early.
This is the first time in the history of this country when a budget is presented with an account of performance of the previous budget in key areas.
The entire NASS were impressed and clapped thunderously to the key performances on critical areas like power and NIPP power stations. Railway rehabilitation involving Itakpe-Warri, Lagos-Kano, Abuja metropolitan railway co. Inland waterways in Onitsha and ports sanitisazation, reconstruction of 11 existing terminals and award for construction of 5 new major airports innLagos, Kano, Port HarvourtAbuja and Enugu. The ongoing construction of Benin-Ore, Kano-Maidugri, Abuja-Lokoja. The president also hinted of the proposed award for rehabilitation of Enugu-PORTHARCOURT expressway

The president gave details of how he is going to consolidate on these achievements with a reduction in recurrent expenditure.
So many incentives for growth of local industries with zero percent duties on so many imports
Sincerely this budget is well structured,I just pray that will not suffer unnecessary delays from th NA most times they hold the executive to ramsome and blame them for poor implementation,we just want food on our tables and the basic necessities of life shikenan....
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Pupita(f): 2:35pm On Oct 10, 2012
Viewing this topic: promine(m), francini(m), iyeyemi, bunmifx(m), Profidada, Captainajama, Gfrey6, justokey(m), take dat, bosswayne, browncool(m), tebill(m), Goke7, ulohomuno, Sewatolani(m), bigboss80s, curtain, bubadaniel13, saltimmy, egift(m), Nora okon, eelvismd(m), Deacon Frost(m), abdulman08(m), Mandelaguy(m), rooney2525, Pupita(f), Demdem(m), omenka(m), Tintinix, PasNet, taharqa, omanzo02, gees_02(m), obicentlis and 39 guest(s)
Make una advice this DEMDEM foo.l that jump from one thread to another showcasing his stu.pid.ity.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Demdem(m): 2:36pm On Oct 10, 2012
Mandelaguy: When you go to market and fight with everyone,who is wrong? When everyone is called foo.l by you,who is a foo.l?

Its interesting to note that by everyone u mean mandelaguy, captainrubbish and propably pupita. Wonderfull grin grin grin

How come mandelaguy and captainrubbish registered on NL on the same day shocked shocked shocked

https://www.nairaland.com/mandelaguy
https://www.nairaland.com/captainajama

Infact Pupita came on-board like 5days after

https://www.nairaland.com/pupita

Uuuunnhmmmmmmmmmmm, i think i am dealing with the 40 Laptop squad grin grin grin

Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Demdem(m): 2:39pm On Oct 10, 2012
gees_02:

seems like uu're stuck on pessimism. uu neva seem to have anything good to say about our country and our president. Just so uu know, ur criticism hasn't done much good either !!! undecided undecided

My friend Shut it. am just raising a concern which is legitimate. there is no pessimism in that post.
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Pupita(f): 2:39pm On Oct 10, 2012
Bukkyade: This is the first time in the history of this country when budget is coming this early.
This is the first time in the history of this country when a budget is presented with an account of performance of the previous budget in key areas.
The entire NASS were impressed and clapped thunderously to the key performances on critical areas like power and NIPP power stations. Railway rehabilitation involving Itakpe-Warri, Lagos-Kano, Abuja metropolitan railway co. Inland waterways in Onitsha and ports sanitisazation, reconstruction of 11 existing terminals and award for construction of 5 new major airports innLagos, Kano, Port HarvourtAbuja and Enugu. The ongoing construction of Benin-Ore, Kano-Maidugri, Abuja-Lokoja. The president also hinted of the proposed award for rehabilitation of Enugu-PORTHARCOURT expressway

The president gave details of how he is going to consolidate on these achievements with a reduction in recurrent expenditure.
So many incentives for growth of local industries with zero percent duties on so many imports
This is what I am talking about, if you think yo are intelligent,engage in sound discuss and arguements, not like DEMDEM and other bunch of idi.iots who will add no value to important discussions. Mtcheeeeew! That is why women are smarter than you guys! Bunch of ego seeking bastar.ds!
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Pupita(f): 2:41pm On Oct 10, 2012
Demdem:

Its interesting to note that by everyone u mean mandelaguy, captainrubbish and propably pupita. Wonderfull grin grin grin

How come mandelaguy and captainrubbish registered on NL on the same day shocked shocked shocked

https://www.nairaland.com/mandelaguy
https://www.nairaland.com/captainajama

Infact Pupita came on-board like 5days after

https://www.nairaland.com/pupita

Uuuunnhmmmmmmmmmmm, i think i am dealing with the 40 Laptop squad grin grin grin
Idi.ots like you were floored and messed up by the famous 40! Can you thread where they do? Please link me to them, agbero like you!
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Demdem(m): 2:41pm On Oct 10, 2012
Pupita: See mumu o! I was just telling you guys to focus on how to make things work and your ego made you read something else. Please read my post and stop starting fights with everyone,it will hurt you more.

Now i know who am dealing with. U make no sense. whats wrong in raising concern and hoping the recent past wont repeat itself. me think u are dumb oooo
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by klas(m): 2:41pm On Oct 10, 2012
Sky Blue:

Sound argument and sound logic
. But what happens if oil prices don't hold above the $80 benchmark they are asking for? Will that not greatly hamper implementation since we would have to start running around for funding in such eventuality, or do we just assume we automatically move money from the excess crude account to finance the shortfall? Which state governor will agree to that?

That is the problem that the national assembly is having with the operation of excess crude account. You will notice that national assembly turned blind eye to the operation of that account when OBJ introduced it without the backing of the law because then, it was truly excess. The revenue was far higher than the budgeted expenditure and since the constitution does not make express provision for savings (all monies in federation account must be shared (read spent)), the only means of circumventing that was to under-declare revenue.

Now this has been bastardized. Budgeted expenditure are deliberately made to be more than gross revenue yet govt wants to create the impression of saving by still under-declaring revenue and call it excess and at the same time borrow with interest to finance the deficit gap.

Recourse are made to excess crude fund even when oil price was not below the benchmark as had happened many times in the early life of this administration. The executive both at federal and states love this arrangement because it is a sort of extra-budgetary expenditure and still go ahead to borrow to finance the approved budget.
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Demdem(m): 2:43pm On Oct 10, 2012
Pupita: Idi.ots like you were floored and messed up by the famous 40! Can you thread where they do? Please link me to them, agbero like you!

I knew it. grin grin
Fool can u kindly show the house where the flooring took place?
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Mandelaguy(m): 2:43pm On Oct 10, 2012
Pupita: Idi.ots like you were floored and messed up by the famous 40! Can you thread where they do? Please link me to them, agbero like you!
Old news! Try another format,I am honoured to be associated with the famous 40 as was correctly posited by Pupita. You are a capital FOO.L demdem.
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Demdem(m): 2:45pm On Oct 10, 2012
Mandelaguy: Old news! Try another format,I am honoured to be associated with the famous 40 as was correctly posited by Pupita. You are a capital FOO.L demdem.

catch ya grin grin grin awaiting captain rubbish
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Mandelaguy(m): 2:47pm On Oct 10, 2012
Demdem:

catch ya grin grin grin awaiting captain rubbish
Running with his tails in between his legs....cowar.d,clown. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Captainajama: 2:52pm On Oct 10, 2012
Ooooooooom! Why are we suffering foo.ls to live amongst us?
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Captainajama: 2:53pm On Oct 10, 2012
Mandelaguy: Running with his tails in between his legs....cowar.d,clown. grin grin grin grin grin grin
That is the trademark of cowar.ds! Abeg MANDELAGUY,save your brains and energy for more important tasks!
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by SkyBlue1: 2:56pm On Oct 10, 2012
klas:

That is the problem that the national assembly is having with the operation of excess crude account. You will notice that national assembly turned blind eye to the operation of that account when OBJ introduced it without the backing of the law because then, it was truly excess. The revenue was far higher than the budgeted expenditure and since the constitution does not make express provision for savings (all monies in federation account must be shared (read spent)), the only means of circumventing that was to under-declare revenue.

Now this has been bastardized. Budgeted expenditure are deliberately made to be more than gross revenue yet govt wants to create the impression of saving by still under-declaring revenue and call it excess and at the same time borrow with interest to finance the deficit gap.

Recourse are made to excess crude fund even when oil price was not below the benchmark as had happened many times in the early life of this administration. The executive both at federal and states love this arrangement because it is a sort of extra-budgetary expenditure and still go ahead to borrow to finance the approved budget.

And it sounds like a loop hole the house and senate can close with effective legislature. So why cry for the sake of it and try to whip up uneccessary sentiment when it is in their powers and THEIR JOB to address the issue? I don't like the idea of under declaring revenue only to borrow and cover a fictitious gap when we can be SAVING the money. And the idea of the federal government automatically sharing money to the states is also highly questionable and unsound, BUT UNDERSTANDABLE considering the history of expensive budgets, money spent and nothing seen that has over time become synonymous with the modus operandi of the federal government.
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by bubadaniel13: 2:58pm On Oct 10, 2012
Mandelaguy: Running with his tails in between his legs....cowar.d,clown. grin grin grin grin grin grin
we are talking abt how excellent the prospects of the 2013 budget is,pls ignore pessimists like Demdem u no hear him name why are bothering ur self by arguing with him,u will just waste ur time just be hopeful for the better,Demdem is a bitter person I think his childhood has affected him so much to loose hope and confidence abt everything in this life...prayers can go a long way..
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by jmaine: 2:59pm On Oct 10, 2012
Pupita: This is what I am talking about, if you think yo are intelligent,engage in sound discuss and arguements, not like DEMDEM and other bunch of idi.iots who will add no value to important discussions. Mtcheeeeew! That is why women are smarter than you guys! Bunch of ego seeking bastar.ds!

What a man can do . . .a woman can do it even more better, abi grin . . . . .

Desist from making sexist comments . . . .You might just get burnt . . .

thanks . . .
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Puntae: 3:01pm On Oct 10, 2012

Bukky, jo so fun won jare...!
Re: Jonathan Presents 2013 Budget To National Assembly by Demdem(m): 3:02pm On Oct 10, 2012
bubadaniel13: we are talking abt how excellent the prospects of the 2013 budget is,pls ignore pessimists like Demdem u no hear him name why are bothering ur self by arguing with him,u will just waste ur time just be hopeful for the better,Demdem is a bitter person I think his childhood has affected him so much to loose hope and confidence abt everything in this life...prayers can go a long way..

Demdem: Nigeria has always had beautiful budgets. It didnt start today neither will it end today also. Implementation has always been our problem. even budget 2012 wasnt bad at all except the recurrent part IMO however what is our story today?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ANPP, CPC, ACN To Become One By April – Shekarau / This Is What National And State Assemblies Will Earn. / Biafra like Flag Flying At City Hall Boston USA - Biafra Is A Global Movement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.