Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,120 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Did I Advised Rightly? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Did I Advised Rightly? (996 Views)

I Stopped Using Girls As Dp Cuz Of This...(Viewers Discretion Is Advised)18+ / Did I Judge Rightly? (photos) / What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did I Advised Rightly? by SPIFF(m): 3:41pm On Oct 10, 2012
A friend needed my advice.

Though living continents apart, She suspected her husband might be cheatn on her. She trapped him. Opened new Facebk account with a different name and nice pix to get to him.

He fell for it. Said so many unimaginable things about his wife to this new stranger and that he's ready to divorce her asap. She later revealed her true identity. Caught him redheaded.

She's ready to end the 5 month wedding because of that but I advised otherwise. Told her to reconcile and forgive him since he has apologized and begged for her forgiveness.

Plz is that a wise advice I gave.
Re: Did I Advised Rightly? by k2039: 3:58pm On Oct 10, 2012
She should end it,that man will not change,OJUKOKORO is inherent in his blood.

Some men are callous,just five month and he has started misbehaving.

Oju to ba ma ba ni kale,ko ni fi aro sepin.

Trust me if she doesnt end it,she will never be happy in that marriage,that guy will just destroy her reputation with his mouth

2 Likes

Re: Did I Advised Rightly? by kokoye(m): 4:12pm On Oct 10, 2012
You gave the right and 'safe' advice. If you encourage her to divorce, they might make up later and then turn on you.

If she still loves him...first of all, they need to try and remove the distance between them and try to work it out.

If after living together, he still cheats..then it's up tp her what she decides to do.
Re: Did I Advised Rightly? by MyneWhite1(f): 5:01pm On Oct 10, 2012
Well, you have given what you have. I would have advised differently.

Just 5 months? And he is bad mouthing her to a stranger already and talking of divorce.

That man is a philanderer of the worst kind.

http://www.mynewhitmanwrites.com/2012/10/is-it-ok-to-snoop-through-your-partners-phone-email.html
Re: Did I Advised Rightly? by kokoye(m): 5:21pm On Oct 10, 2012
Myne White: Well, you have given what you have. I would have advised differently.

Just 5 months? And he is bad mouthing her to a stranger already and talking of divorce.

That man is a philanderer of the worst kind.

http://www.mynewhitmanwrites.com/2012/10/is-it-ok-to-snoop-through-your-partners-phone-email.html

It was a 'she' that talked to her friend in this case ..not a he.

But you had to assume it was a guy as usual. typical.
Re: Did I Advised Rightly? by SPIFF(m): 6:11pm On Oct 10, 2012
Thanks so much for every comment thus far. Why I took that stand was that I knew the two of them separately before they got married. I know their characters. I just felt mmaybe that's their first test of their true love.
Re: Did I Advised Rightly? by CrazyMan(m): 10:52am On Oct 11, 2012
SPIFF: A friend needed my advice.

Though living continents apart, She suspected her husband might be cheatn on her. She trapped him. Opened new Facebk account with a different name and nice pix to get to him.
Opening a facebook account to ascertain whether or not your husband is cheating on you is a very wrong move.

The reason is that most men won't mind telling lots of lies on the internet just to win the heart of a woman.

So judging his personality based on what she experienced on facebook isn't commendable.

SPIFF: He fell for it. Said so many unimaginable things about his wife to this new stranger and that he's ready to divorce her asap. She later revealed her true identity. Caught him redheaded.
He would definitely fall for it, cos its natural.

I mean he was having fun. You should know that men are professional liars when it comes to pleasing a woman on line.

The truth is that he can never divorce his wife. And even if at all anything should happen between them, it would be a one night stand and nothing more.

SPIFF: She's ready to end the 5 month wedding because of that but I advised otherwise. Told her to reconcile and forgive him since he has apologized and begged for her forgiveness.
Foolish woman. I strongly believe that if the reverse was the case, I see her falling...most especially if the man in question has a deep pocket... willing to lavish on an anonymous character.
Re: Did I Advised Rightly? by JallowBah(f): 12:08pm On Oct 11, 2012
CrazyMan:
Opening a facebook account to ascertain whether or not your husband is cheating on you is a very wrong move.

The reason is that most men won't mind telling lots of lies on the internet just to win the heart of a woman.

So judging his personality based on what she experienced on facebook isn't commendable.

He would definitely fall for it, cos its natural.

I mean he was having fun. You should know that men are professional liars when it comes to pleasing a woman on line.

The truth is that he can never divorce his wife. And even if at all anything should happen between them, it would be a one night stand and nothing more.

Foolish woman. I strongly believe that if the reverse was the case, I see her falling...most especially if the man in question has a deep pocket... willing to lavish on an anonymous character.

So you us to commend you right?

Can you honestly tell me that if your wife plays a similar tactic on, you won't fall?

Are you serious? So...if a beautiful woman contacts you on facebook or whatever, you are "of course" going to flirt, say you dont love your wife, etc, etc, because..its FUN?

Pfff, she should kick his damn a*s out. And I feel sorry for your wife, or future wife, with that kind of attitude.
Re: Did I Advised Rightly? by CrazyMan(m): 2:14pm On Oct 11, 2012
JallowBah: Are you serious? So...if a beautiful woman contacts you on facebook or whatever, you are "of course" going to flirt, say you dont love your wife, etc, etc, because..its FUN?

Pfff, she should kick his damn a*s out. And I feel sorry for your wife, or future wife, with that kind of attitude.
This has nothing to do with me silly...I'm only being realistic.

55% percentage of Nigerian men are guilty of the said offense.

Therefore in order to navigate through the dangerous waters of life, and preserve your marriage, you musn't react to every information you hear about your husband....rather, you must be tolerant in nature, understanding and a good listener.

Cos such strategy would do your marriage more good...rather than stitting ideal, typing jargons and throwing away years of labour (marriage) over an internet scandal.

Grow up.
Re: Did I Advised Rightly? by JallowBah(f): 2:24pm On Oct 11, 2012
CrazyMan:
This has nothing to do with me silly...I'm only being realistic.

55% percentage of Nigerian men are guilty of the said offense.

Therefore in order to navigate through the dangerous waters of life, and preserve your marriage, you musn't react to every information you hear about your husband....rather, you must be tolerant in nature, understanding and a good listener.

Cos such strategy would do your marriage more good...rather than stitting ideal, typing jargons and throwing away years of labour (marriage) over an internet scandal.

Grow up.

No..what would be good for a marriage, is to NOT agree on such behaviour, and letting it have consequences. If you let it happen, he will think its alright to do so, when it in fact is not.
If my husband does not RESPECT me, why should I stay married? More women should ask themself that question.

Its not me who need to grow up here. And, there is a different between "flirting" ( saying to a woman on the internet that she is beautiful, f.ex, when she is flirting to you, but still letting her know you are happily married ), and saying to a stranger that you are not happy with your wife and wish to divorce asap.

Its men like YOU who say this is "nothing" who need to grow up.

1 Like

Re: Did I Advised Rightly? by omega25red(m): 2:42pm On Oct 11, 2012
poster you gave a bad advice. Number one rule you should always live by is never to interfere in another person's relationship by giving them advice of either leaving or staying in said relationship.

She is grown enough to marry she should be grown enough to know what she is willing to tolerate without asking someone. Besides i would have told her to leave because dude was already talking about divorcing her in only 5 months of dating beg or no beg this cheating will surly happen again only now he would be wiser.
Re: Did I Advised Rightly? by CrazyMan(m): 2:55pm On Oct 11, 2012
JallowBah: No..what would be good for a marriage, is to NOT agree on such behaviour, and letting it have consequences. If you let it happen, he will think its alright to do so, when it in fact is not.
So what would you suggest...a divorce?

Do you know how many marriages in Nigeria that are hanging on the edge?

No love, no trust, just a male and female living under a roof and camoflaguing themselves as husbands and wife?

In case you don't know, marriage is one long bumpy road with so many pot holes...and if you've been deceived by the prince charming stories you've read from your romantic novels, then you'd better wake up and face reality.

JallowBah: If my husband does not RESPECT me, why should I stay married? More women should ask themselves that question.
And how many Nigerian marriages can you confidently boast of that love and respect exists, and yet somehow they still maintain their status as husband and wife.

From your posts its obvious that you have little knowledge about marriage....

Do you thing its that easy to leave your matrimonial home?

Do you know the pain most women endure on a daily basics...just to keep their marriages alive?

I'll give you an advise, whenever you get married, pray that you'll never find yourself in a situation where you'll have to choose between leaving your husband's house with your kid and staying with your parents, or enduring his madness, just for the sake of your children.

JallowBah: Its not me who need to grow up here. And, there is a different between "flirting" ( saying to a woman on the internet that she is beautiful, f.ex, when she is flirting to you, but still letting her know you are happily married ), and saying to a stranger that you are not happy with your wife and wish to divorce asap.
So what has having fun on the internet got to do with breaking your wife's heart?

Its girls like you that go around accusing their husband over baseless issues, which would eventually lead to martial problem....and possibly a divorce (its not your portion though).

JallowBah: Its men like YOU who say this is "nothing" who need to grow up.
Ha ha ha...as if married women don't flirt on Facebook.
Re: Did I Advised Rightly? by JallowBah(f): 3:08pm On Oct 11, 2012
CrazyMan:
So what would you suggest...a divorce?

Do you know how many marriages in Nigeria that are hanging on the edge?

No love, no trust, just a male and female living under a roof and camoflaguing themselves as husbands and wife?

In case you don't know, marriage is one long bumpy road with so many pot holes...and if you've been deceived by the prince charming stories you've read from your romantic novels, then you'd better wake up and face reality.

And how many Nigerian marriages can you confidently boast of that love and respect exists, and yet somehow they still maintain their status as husband and wife.

From your posts its obvious that you have little knowledge about marriage....

Do you thing its that easy to leave your matrimonial home?

Do you know the pain most women endure on a daily basics...just to keep their marriages alive?

I'll give you an advise, whenever you get married, pray that you'll never find yourself in a situation where you'll have to choose between leaving your husband's house with your kid and staying with your parents, or enduring his madness, just for the sake of your children.

So what has having fun on the internet got to do with breaking your wife's heart?

Its girls like you that go around accusing their husband over baseless issues, which would eventually lead to martial problem....and possibly a divorce (its not your portion though).

Ha ha ha...as if married women don't flirt on Facebook.

I would sugest to kick him out and let him see the consequences. Not divorce at first, no, but to kick him out the house. Teach him a damn good lesson. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

I am already married, thank you very much. I dont flirt on facebook, and I expect him not to do so either. Marriage is NEVER easy, and divorce is NOT the easiest way out. In fact, many people give up too easy on marriage in my culture, instead of trying to fix things. But that still dont mean that your spouse can disrespect you, and see there is no consequences.

And trust me, if my husband was "acting crazy" and I had to choose between leaving him or staying..I would leave. I have grown up with unhappy parents fighting each day myself, I will not let my kids go through the same. Love, respect, trust and communication. That is the most important things in my marriage. And if he breaks any of it, there will be cnsequences. What do you mean women should do? Let their men run around and do whatever they want, just to keep a ring on their finger..?

If people wish to stay in a love-less marriage without respect, they should not complain either. But the kids learn from what their parents do, and dont do.
And no, my marriage has NOT been all roses and joy all the way.
Re: Did I Advised Rightly? by MrsChima1(f): 3:12pm On Oct 11, 2012
SPIFF: A friend needed my advice.

He fell for it. Said so many unimaginable things about his wife to this new stranger and that he's ready to divorce her asap. She later revealed her true identity. Caught him redheaded.

She's ready to end the 5 month wedding because of that but I advised otherwise. Told her to reconcile and forgive him since he has apologized and begged for her forgiveness.

Plz is that a wise advice I gave.

The best advice you could have gave her was to STAY OUT OF IT. You can simply be there for her as she need to vent or cry but advising her what she should do with her marriage is wrong. That's why I am always advising people on Nairaland to talk with their partner and FIND OUT what best FOR THEM.

WE ARE NOT IN THEIR RELATIONSHIP, FLY ON TH WALL, NOR KNOW THE WHOLE STORY. So it is best not to get involve and just simply be there for her next time she call and cry.

Now if he was beating her azs then I would say something about that because you do not want her to end up dead but this is a cheating matter so let it blow over.
Re: Did I Advised Rightly? by CrazyMan(m): 3:34pm On Oct 11, 2012
JallowBah: I would sugest to kick him out and let him see the consequences. Not divorce at first, no, but to kick him out the house. Teach him a damn good lesson. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
Easy to say right...kick a man out of his own house...teach him a damn good lesson...did I hear you clearly?

JallowBah: I am already married, thank you very much. I dont flirt on facebook, and I expect him not to do so either. Marriage is NEVER easy, and divorce is NOT the easiest way out. In fact, many people give up too easy on marriage in my culture, instead of trying to fix things. But that still dont mean that your spouse can disrespect you, and see there is no consequences.
And the fixing of things, shouldn't it include tolerating his madness?

You said in your first post that you would kick him out and let him see the consequences.

You contradicted yourself here again at the bolded post...while you're maintaining a mind set of giving your husband fire for fire, you're playing the mother Theresa role with other couples advising them to fix things.

isn't that hypocrisy?

Get real!

JallowBah: And trust me, if my husband was "acting crazy" and I had to choose between leaving him or staying..I would leave.
That's not true...you would engage him in fisticuffs. You said so yourself.

JallowBah: I have grown up with unhappy parents fighting each day myself, I will not let my kids go through the same. Love, respect, trust and communication. That is the most important things in my marriage. And if he breaks any of it, there will be cnsequences. What do you mean women should do? Let their men run around and do whatever they want, just to keep a ring on their finger..?
So did your unhappy parents kick each other out?

Did they teach each other a damn good lesson?

Why can't you see that marriage isn't your land of milk and honey?

Why do you keep countering your posts?

JallowBah: If people wish to stay in a love-less marriage without respect, they should not complain either. But the kids learn from what their parents do, and dont do.
And no, my marriage has NOT been all roses and joy all the way.
So you finally reasoned with me hun?
Re: Did I Advised Rightly? by MrsChima1(f): 3:39pm On Oct 11, 2012
Let me ask this question Crazyman.....what do you suggest a couple do when one partner found out her/his spouse is cheating or cheated?

Are there any other instances in relationship that you encourage couples to stay. leave, or indifferent?
Re: Did I Advised Rightly? by CrazyMan(m): 4:02pm On Oct 11, 2012
Mrs..Chima:
Let me ask this question Crazyman.....what do you suggest a couple do when one partner found out her/his spouse is cheating or cheated?
First, you should know that I'm against divorce...regardless of the magnitude of the offense.

Secondly, we're discussing about online cheating, and not the physical one.

But if you insist on physical cheating, I shall explain further...Marriages if you must know, are built on mutual respect and trust. Therefore you musn't allow it fall apart just because an attractive third party came into the scene.

You two must go back to the drawing table and ask yourselves possible questions that lead to the intrusion of the third party.

I'm sure that if that love is built on a solid rock, there's no way that it wouldn't withstand the storm.

Mrs..Chima:
Are there any other instances in relationship that you encourage couples to stay. leave, or indifferent?
The only time I would advise a lady to leave her matrimonial home ( Not divorcing her husband )is if her husband has practically turned her into a punching bag.

In such cases, staying can be very dangerous because such a person could end up taking your life in the process.

Therefore I would recommend that she leaves his house for the time being.
Re: Did I Advised Rightly? by MrsChima1(f): 4:14pm On Oct 11, 2012
CrazyMan:
First, you should know that I'm against divorce...regardless of the magnitude of the offense.

Secondly, we're discussing about online cheating, and not the physical one.

But if you insist on physical cheating, I shall explain further...Marriages if you must know, are built on mutual respect and trust. Therefore you musn't allow it fall apart just because an attractive third party came into the scene.

You two must go back to the drawing table and ask yourselves possible questions that lead to the intrusion of the third party.

I'm sure that if that love is built on a solid rock, there's no way that it wouldn't withstand the storm.

The only time I would advise a lady to leave her matrimonial home ( Not divorcing her husband )is if her husband has practically turned her into a punching bag.

In such cases, staying can be very dangerous because such a person could end up taking your life in the process.

Therefore I would recommend that she leaves his house for the time being.

Since you don't encourage people to divorce for ANY REASONS...do you think that encourages adultery? If a woman/man leave the home because the home is violative or unsafe and there is no hope for reconcilliation because one party is determined to maintain their destructive way of life...you think the person will avoid all temptations not to engage in a relationship that is opposite of what they are used to?

To me...adultery is worse than divorce since after a trial separation and there is no hope. A person can accept alienation for so long.
Re: Did I Advised Rightly? by JallowBah(f): 4:31pm On Oct 11, 2012
CrazyMan:
Easy to say right...kick a man out of his own house...teach him a damn good lesson...did I hear you clearly?
And the fixing of things, shouldn't it include tolerating his madness?
You said in your first post that you would kick him out and let him see the consequences.
You contradicted yourself here again at the bolded post...while you're maintaining a mind set of giving your husband fire for fire, you're playing the mother Theresa role with other couples advising them to fix things.
isn't that hypocrisy?

Get real!
That's not true...you would engage him in fisticuffs. You said so yourself

So did your unhappy parents kick each other out?
Did they teach each other a damn good lesson?
Why can't you see that marriage isn't your land of milk and honey?
Why do you keep countering your posts?
So you finally reasoned with me hun?

1: "Consequences" can mean kicking someone out, having a big fight, whatever suits your mind..it does not have to mean divorce, I have never talked about divorce bbefore YOU did.
2: Letting someone understand that you dont take bullshit ( in this case; flirting with women on the internet ) is a GOOD thing. And for me, it would not be enough to say: Oh, honey, I dont like that, ok?
3: I would probably slap my husbands face if he was telling other women he dont give a F about me. And throw him out. And for him to come back, would take a LOT of work on his side to proove to me that he was damn wrong in what he did, and that it would not happen again. Where am I being hypocritical here?
4: Yes, my mother kicked him out after trying her best to pull it together for ten years of bull. She should have left before 3-4 years, when she could see he was not changing.
She learned what she does not want to live with. I am guessing he learned that in the end, the women you claim to love will leave you when you continue to act like a fool.

And I did not reason with you..I have never, ever claimed that marriage is easy, a run in the park, or only enjoyment. Have I?
Re: Did I Advised Rightly? by CrazyMan(m): 4:43pm On Oct 11, 2012
Mrs..Chima:
Since you don't encourage people to divorce for ANY REASONS...do you think that encourages adultery?
Nope it doesn't.

Mrs..Chima:
If a woman/man leave the home because the home is violative or unsafe and there is no hope for reconcilliation because one party is determined to maintain their destructive way of life...you think the person will avoid all temptations not to engage in a relationship that is opposite of what they are used to?
Before leaving your matrimonial home, you should ask yourself certain questions...

What lead to the marital infidelity?

Do you both spend as much time as you did in the early stages of your marriage?

Do you tolerate each other?

Has your spouse asked for your forgiveness, and you refused? They say apologizing doesn't mean you're wrong...rather it simply shows that you value the relationship more than your ego.

Or has he or she attacked your self-esteem by implying that you haven't been a worthy enough partner to warrant sustained loyalty?

What I think is that if the couples in question can swallow their hatred, pride and unforgiving spirit...and accept their faults, I'm sure that a divorce would be the last agenda on their list.

Mrs..Chima:
To me...adultery is worse than divorce since after a trial separation and there is no hope. A person can accept alienation for so long.

Then avoid separation and fight to save your marriage period!
Re: Did I Advised Rightly? by MrsChima1(f): 5:33pm On Oct 11, 2012
CrazyMan:
Nope it doesn't.

Before leaving your matrimonial home, you should ask yourself certain questions...

What lead to the marital infidelity?

Do you both spend as much time as you did in the early stages of your marriage?

Do you tolerate each other?

Has your spouse asked for your forgiveness, and you refused? They say apologizing doesn't mean you're wrong...rather it simply shows that you value the relationship more than your ego.

Or has he or she attacked your self-esteem by implying that you haven't been a worthy enough partner to warrant sustained loyalty?

What I think is that if the couples in question can swallow their hatred, pride and unforgiving spirit...and accept their faults, I'm sure that a divorce would be the last agenda on their list.

Then avoid separation and fight to save your marriage period!

I am using a phone so I can't cut and paste...but in regards to your last sentence....you said in the other post that you would encourage woman to leave the house not divorce but leave the house. Now how can someone fight for their marriage if they are getting kicked in the back and thrown across the room? How can you expect a sane person to stay in a house of such abuse?

You know that doesn't make any sense and I am sure if you were in an abusive relationship...you wouldn't stay in a house either.
Re: Did I Advised Rightly? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 11, 2012
angry
Re: Did I Advised Rightly? by bknight: 6:26pm On Oct 11, 2012
Another might tolerate things you can not. If there's no physical violence involved, she best knows if she can cope. Her reasons to marry (him) is best known to her.

Be indifferent except, of course when physical abuse is involved.
Re: Did I Advised Rightly? by CrazyMan(m): 6:48pm On Oct 11, 2012
JallowBah: 1: "Consequences" can mean kicking someone out, having a big fight, whatever suits your mind..it does not have to mean divorce, I have never talked about divorce bbefore YOU did.
Nope I never advocated divorce. Read my posts properly.

You subscribed to throwing your husband out of the house, I only objected your decision stating how impossible it is to throw a man out of his own house.

Read my posts properly before posting.

JallowBah: 2: Letting someone understand that you dont take bullshit ( in this case; flirting with women on the internet ) is a GOOD thing. And for me, it would not be enough to say: Oh, honey, I dont like that, ok?
Ok let me accept that as your opinion.

But earlier you adopted the violent strategy...never mind though.

JallowBah: 3: I would probably slap my husbands face if he was telling other women he dont give a F about me. And throw him out. And for him to come back, would take a LOT of work on his side to proove to me that he was damn wrong in what he did, and that it would not happen again. Where am I being hypocritical here?
I used the hypocrisy term because you were double minded on your previous posts.

Let's address the slapping issue before talking about his return.

Ok...you've slapped him.

What's next?

Some men would remain calm and wallop in their shame.

Others won't. Now...suppose he flares up and gives you the beating of your life, what would you do?

Two wrongs they say don't make a right.

You don't use a violent approach to tackle a heated situation...such would result in a terrible explosion, which I believe that not even you would have the guts to handle.

JallowBah: 4: Yes, my mother kicked him out after trying her best to pull it together for ten years of bull. She should have left before 3-4 years, when she could see he was not changing.
She learned what she does not want to live with. I am guessing he learned that in the end, the women you claim to love will leave you when you continue to act like a fool.
You should know that no one is perfect.

For you to give your heart to man, and take a vow before God saying I do, means that whatever problems you both may encounter, you would stick together as one and address it as a couple.

The case of your parents isn't any different.

They realized their errors and put aside their differences so that you (the kids) might have a bright future.

That's what couples do.

They resolve issues, not fight and abuse each other.

JallowBah: And I did not reason with you..I have never, ever claimed that marriage is easy, a run in the park, or only enjoyment. Have I?
I never said you did...did I?
Re: Did I Advised Rightly? by MrsChima1(f): 7:00pm On Oct 11, 2012
I am with Jallowbah on this...there is no way I would tolerate such disrespect.
Re: Did I Advised Rightly? by JallowBah(f): 7:10pm On Oct 11, 2012
Mr Crazyman..

Yes, you have stated that "When you get married, you will know what its about".
You are trying to talk to me like I am a child, and it aint workingsmiley

If my husband disrespected me to the extend of f.ex telling another woman he want HER, he dont give a F about me and our marriage, etc, etc..why would I just say "aiit, come here honey" ? Where is my self-respect in that?
A marriage is about TWO people, not one. My mother and father made a mistake about staying together for that long, he did not respect her, she did not have self-respect.

I would rather be alone with my kids, than to be with a man who does not love and respect me. Why should I? I deserve more than that. Any woman does.
( And yes, the same goes in relationships where its the woman acting like a d*ckhead. )

Why do people go into marriages, and then they dont even TRY to stay faithful? Still, men like you seem to think that a ring on the finger means you can do what you want, because she is your wife and should forgive you.
Thats not what marriage is about.
Yes, time will get tough. Yes, you might get attracted to others. And then, you choose how to take it from there. You can either start flirting and having "fun", or you can close your eyes, look the other way, and think about the love you have at home.

No matter how hard the marriage is going..get out before cheating.
Re: Did I Advised Rightly? by JallowBah(f): 7:12pm On Oct 11, 2012
Oh, and let me add..my husband know very well that if I catch him cheating, I will beat. Not just slap, but beat.
He have been warned. And I know he will probably slap back, but it would still be worth it.
I would not stay with a man that went behind my back on purpose and cheated on me.

If we had a really, really tough time in our marriage, and it had been lasting a loong, long time over a few years, I could understand a one-night-fling. Everyone CAN make mistakes. ut going behind your spouses back, saying your spouse is bull and not important for you..thats something else.
Re: Did I Advised Rightly? by CrazyMan(m): 7:28pm On Oct 11, 2012
Mrs..Chima:
I am using a phone so I can't cut and paste...but in regards to your last sentence....you said in the other post that you would encourage woman to leave the house not divorce but leave the house. Now how can someone fight for their marriage if they are getting kicked in the back and thrown across the room? How can you expect a sane person to stay in a house of such abuse?
Yes and I would still maintain my stand on that.

But...I believe that no sane man would wake up and begin to beat up his wife. Most abuses comes as a result of the woman being unable to control her tongue.

You as a woman should know that it isn't every argument you respond to. There are times you have to remain silent, and when he's true with his ranting, he would return to his room and peace would reign in the house.

The issue of beating comes when women prefer to run their homes with their mouth rather than their brains.

Mrs..Chima:
You know that doesn't make any sense and I am sure if you were in an abusive relationship...you wouldn't stay in a house either.
If you can't tolerate an abusive marriage, then understand your partner and refrain from displaying attitudes you know would get him pissed off period.
Re: Did I Advised Rightly? by CrazyMan(m): 7:34pm On Oct 11, 2012
JallowBah: Mr Crazyman..

Yes, you have stated that "When you get married, you will know what its about".
You are trying to talk to me like I am a child, and it aint workingsmiley

If my husband disrespected me to the extend of f.ex telling another woman he want HER, he dont give a F about me and our marriage, etc, etc..why would I just say "aiit, come here honey" ? Where is my self-respect in that?
A marriage is about TWO people, not one. My mother and father made a mistake about staying together for that long, he did not respect her, she did not have self-respect.

I would rather be alone with my kids, than to be with a man who does not love and respect me. Why should I? I deserve more than that. Any woman does.
( And yes, the same goes in relationships where its the woman acting like a d*ckhead. )

Why do people go into marriages, and then they dont even TRY to stay faithful? Still, men like you seem to think that a ring on the finger means you can do what you want, because she is your wife and should forgive you.
Thats not what marriage is about.
Yes, time will get tough. Yes, you might get attracted to others. And then, you choose how to take it from there. You can either start flirting and having "fun", or you can close your eyes, look the other way, and think about the love you have at home.

No matter how hard the marriage is going..get out before cheating.

JallowBah: Oh, and let me add..my husband know very well that if I catch him cheating, I will beat. Not just slap, but beat.
He have been warned. And I know he will probably slap back, but it would still be worth it.
I would not stay with a man that went behind my back on purpose and cheated on me.

If we had a really, really tough time in our marriage, and it had been lasting a loong, long time over a few years, I could understand a one-night-fling. Everyone CAN make mistakes. ut going behind your spouses back, saying your spouse is bull and not important for you..thats something else.
...You and your husband are the only ones that understand each other.

So it would be wrong for me to impose my opinions on you.

I think I'm begining to get you now. wink
Re: Did I Advised Rightly? by GboyegaD(m): 10:55pm On Oct 11, 2012
She is as guilty as her husband. Why would she throw him a silly bait which he eventually fell for and say he is a cheat? She only got what she deserves.
Re: Did I Advised Rightly? by SPIFF(m): 6:04am On Oct 12, 2012
She is as guilty as her husband. Why would
she throw him a silly bait which he
eventually fell for and say he is a cheat?
She only got what she deserves.

She needed a proof or verification of her curiosity. I guess that's her best way to find out. Mind you they are living continents apart and social media I guess is the fastest mean of getting to him.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Guys Abroud Just Want To Marry For Pasport / What Does It Take To Keep A Relationship Long? / She Don't Belive In Shooting Stars But She Believes In Shoes & Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.