Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom (23751 Views)

Armed Robber Lynched By Mob In Ikeja (Graphic Photos) / My Son Was Oruru’s Domestic Help For 10 Years – Yunusa’s Father / Man Almost Lynched To Death For Stealing Petrol In Edo [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by freecocoa(f): 11:15am On Oct 11, 2012
Please is tear gas more expensive than bullets? Since they didn't have even 1 bullet to scare the crowds, how about using an alternative means?
Menh what are they even saying? Does the crowd know how many bullets they have in their guns? 1 shot would have maybe saved the day, kai this country sucks, those policemen on duty that day needs to be arrested alongside their DPO.
What incompetence, tufiakwa.
I'm so pissed right now.
Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by JoyfulSoul: 11:16am On Oct 11, 2012
Okija_juju: Welcome to NIGERIA.. People are focused on Aluu.. Meanwhile the whole country has an Aluu mentality..

My thoughts exactly.
Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by Ninilowo(m): 11:18am On Oct 11, 2012
zeefa: I don't kw y ppu can not ask Questions abt did terrible killing. I have watched the video and d Question I askd mysf was Y r the guyz not makin an attempt to run or speak loud for ppu in d community to kw they do not commit d crime leveled against them. I mean, they are not kids. Its painful to see them just speechless witot sayn a word that will make ppu have a change of mind to either save them or reduce d satanic act being takn on them. My heart still bleeds cos so many questions still run tru my mind about the killing! D whole story seems difficult to read and understand cos there r so many signals picked from the video bn circulated on the internet.
Someone shld tell me Y those guyz are not shouting for HELP!
If they are not in anyway involved in2 anytin discriminating, there shld be a way to sa somtin loud to allow ppu that came arround see reason they shld be freed. Their cloths were removed, molested and killed, still non of them cld atleast insist on comments that might likely get in2 d minds of those arrnd to help them.
Well, only God kws the real story! May d souls rest in peace.
They might have been beaten by charms initially cos I can deduce tthat that community is the headquarter of the devil itself.
Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by redsun(m): 11:18am On Oct 11, 2012
If actually a police post was aware of the macabre incident going on,without doing everything in their power to stop it,then the state police commissioner should be sacked.That is a gross failure of an institution.
Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 11, 2012
Goldieluks: Its like the police is scared of vigilantes. Because a normal police won't allow such
to happen right in his presence.

Learnt that the vigilante tru the chief pay money to the police(DPO) for their operations, SMH...Nigeria!!!
Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by GhostFaceKiller: 11:20am On Oct 11, 2012
DMainMan: [size=14pt][size=14pt] u c y Sharia is gud. if it were to b in a sharia state, d worst de would av done is to cut dere hand and that is if they are guilty with witness. But in a lawless christian dominated state, look at what happened. This is a proof of barbarity, violence, hatred, avarice and evil mongering among non muslims. u guys are bloody, scallywag confirmed terrorists infidels that killed your fellow christian uniport students.

No religion wil b accepted except ISLAM. While there is life, there is hope. I understand that the media are doin whateva it takes to ridicle Islam with fallacy but u dont have to fall to their prey anymore.

To know the truth about ISLAM, go to:
http://www.islam.com http://www.islamonline.com http://www.islamicreligion.com

For a free copy of the Holy Qur'an,
Go to: http://www.qurandownload.com

PARADISE AND HELL FIRE IS REAL. U WILL HAVE NO XCUSE ON THE DAY OF JUDGEMENT undecided undecided undecided[/size][/size]
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

you and your pedophile, thieving, lusting, gluttonous, murderous prophet are the ones destined for hell.

How many innocent people have been hacked to death by your islamic mob in the north? You hypocrites out of isolated cases of mob killings in the south you decide to come here and shove your b.s. religion.

fark you and your prophet

5 Likes

Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 11, 2012
Okija_juju: Welcome to NIGERIA.. People are focused on Aluu.. Meanwhile the whole country has an Aluu mentality..
u sef u be aluu. undecided
Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 11, 2012
freecocoa: Please is tear gas more expensive than bullets? Since they didn't have even 1 bullet to scare the crowds, how about using an alternative means?
Menh what are they even saying? Does the crowd know how many bullets they have in their guns? 1 shot would have maybe saved the day, kai this country sucks, those policemen on duty that day needs to be arrested alongside their DPO.
What incompetence, tufiakwa.
I'm so pissed right now.

Easy baby, We have been like this for 4 days now, Police themselves kill innocent ppl,.... it has happened and we have to let them RIP, but the perpetrators should be dealt with severely.
Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by gbanikiti(m): 11:23am On Oct 11, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

Learnt that the vigilante tru the chief pay money to the police(DPO) for their operations, SMH...Nigeria!!!
eheeee! No wonder! This country tire me I swear! No good news will ever come out of this country.every day one bad news fills the air,stirring anger and fustration! Nigeria is FUCCKED!
Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by Okijajuju1(m): 11:26am On Oct 11, 2012
redsun: If actually a police post was aware of the macabre incident going on,without doing everything in their power to stop it,then the state police commissioner should be sacked.That is a gross failure of an institution.

Let me just tell you now that there are atleast 2 police stations and Posts within 10 - 30 minutes of Aluu community that I personally know of.. CHOBA POLICE STATION is within 10, minutes of the place.. MGBUOBA POLICE STATION is within 30 Minutes of the place as well..
Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by Horus(m): 11:26am On Oct 11, 2012

Ugonna na Akpuruka he was the last to Die even after his head broke in 2 he still refused to Die even in death he is still fighting his killers and sent a whole village on exile. The whole community should be arrested because many were there watching chanting and laughing!
Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by Adanyebe(m): 11:27am On Oct 11, 2012
*****READING MY SCRIPTURE******* AND HE SAID... LET HE WITHOUT SIN BE THE FIRST TO CAST THE STONE...
Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by Les: 11:28am On Oct 11, 2012
I think this's aluu tin is goin to be an evolution in 9ja. This actually happened in uyo last nite and i was there. A boy stole a guy's phone. The guy his phone was stolen caught him and beat the hell out of the boy, others actually joined. But, after a while, d way d guy whose phone was stolen was beating d boy dat stole his phone angered others and d faced d guy whose was beating d boy dat stole his phone and started beating him as well eh, infaat i really mercy for him. Luckily for him, it was close to a ministry and d ministry attendance was quick and came to his rescue by draggn him inside d compound b4 they left him- who go like wan misbehave for inside uma ukpai ministry na, he wan die?
Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by saleeh: 11:29am On Oct 11, 2012
it's only Allah who can protect His creatures...may He help us!
Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by mrdrizzy(m): 11:29am On Oct 11, 2012
This is pure insanity,so the police were there...jeez infact i don ves,nd the mother frm her statement was acting kinda cool nd calm forming full christianity ..she should be fierce..see if it were to be me ..i would go places nd when i mean places i mean,springs,shrine whatever nd make justice done since d polics or nigerian armed forces cant guarantee dat...my gosh i still cant believe the police were actually there [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by Revolva(m): 11:31am On Oct 11, 2012
Its tru there where policemen there -- what a hopeless force we have shame shame to a nation nigeria three words #FuckThePolice
Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by Okijajuju1(m): 11:31am On Oct 11, 2012
Garri_Activist: You sef u be aluu. undecided

.. Thats whats up!! I agree.. You are also an Aluu @ least on NAIRALAND
Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by collinsJn(m): 11:31am On Oct 11, 2012
dopeJemi: if u like mk ur hiss long like river mississippi e no concern me, wait 1st oh, lemme ask u a question,

If u were at d venue of d scene n u saw dem beating dose boyz, wud u av stopped dem?

Wudnt u av joined dem

Like 2face said, *nobody holy pass eh, look into mah eyez n say u holy pass me* it haz happened, it haz happened, let God n d army do deir work

The Fact Still Remains Dat, The Two of Us, Can NEVER Be dsame. There Is No Big Deal Coming Over Here To Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴͡ Who Can Argue d Most. Buh One Thing I Leave For U,Itz Easy For U To Talk Poo, Cause U Are Not Directly involved. And Least I Forget, If I were @ d scene, and Realized Dose guys wud Be Lynched, I All seek Help.
Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by redsun(m): 11:32am On Oct 11, 2012
Okija_juju:

Let me just tell you now that there are atleast 2 police stations and Posts within 10 - 30 minutes of Aluu community that I personally know of.. CHOBA POLICE STATION is within 10, minutes of the place.. MGBUOBA POLICE STATION is within 30 Minutes of the place as well..

Then what are talking about?It is the police that killed them.The system rogue system killed them.
Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by dopeJemi: 11:35am On Oct 11, 2012
collins Jn:

The Fact Still Remains Dat, The Two of Us, Can NEVER Be dsame. There Is No Big Deal Coming Over Here To Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴͡ Who Can Argue d Most. Buh One Thing I Leave For U,Itz Easy For U To Talk Poo, Cause U Are Not Directly involved. And Least I Forget, If I were @ d scene, and Realized Dose guys wud Be Lynched, I All seek Help.
easier said dan done mah broda
Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by Nonnytex(f): 11:37am On Oct 11, 2012
dopeJemi: OH! God, nat Again, una no dey tire 4 dis aLuu of a thing, na aLuu wan stop d food shortage wen dey come, abeg abeg abeg!!! Cut dis aLuu crap n focus on wat liez ahead, d boyz don die, wetin una wan do again

U'r a hrtless fellow,may God 4give u .nonsence
Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by Okijajuju1(m): 11:39am On Oct 11, 2012
redsun:

Then what are talking about?It is the police that killed them.The system rogue system killed them.

Even sef.. Rumuokoro Police Station which is a headquarters of some sort is less than 40mins (with flashing lights) away from Aluu community
Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by glimpse(f): 11:42am On Oct 11, 2012
you can just imagine the kind of excuse the police gave. If it were to shoot a driver that refused to give them #20 bribe, bullets would fill the gun and they would even have extra in their vehicle... Smh#

1 Like

Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by dopeJemi: 11:43am On Oct 11, 2012
Nonnytex:

U'r a hrtless fellow,may God 4give u .nonsence
its nonsense nat nonsence, ode! U wey get heart, y u no join d uniport students protest, u dey here dey tawk, 1 thing u no go do, go fight dem na, idiota
Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by maxygirl(f): 11:43am On Oct 11, 2012
In the aftermath of the horrific kills of four young University of Port Harcourt undergraduates by residents of the now smeared Omuokiri-Aluu community of Rivers, Nigerians have struggled to come to terms with the inhumanity. Not surprisingly, we have all reacted to it in different ways as we seek to retain our narrative as a nation of laws, and of order, and of basic humanity.

Has something gone wrong with us as a people? Have we become so bruised and battered that we have turned to a loop of savagery for survival? Tied somewhere in all of this is the fact that this one incident was not isolated incident, and Nigerians have long turned to jungle justice as an accepted form of law enforcement.

So, many have sought to go deeper, to understand by empathising, to speak to our hypocrisy in crying out on this one, when the truth is that jungle justice happens every day all over Nigeria – in rural areas and urban centres. They claim that we as a people have lost our way, and it is time to re-assess our values.

Probably. But let’s not miss the point.

Some times call for philosophy; this moment, however, calls for pragmatism.

On October 1, a 4-year-old schoolgirl named April Jones was (allegedly) kidnapped by a 46-year-old man, and is said to have been murdered. The people of the United Kingdom haven’t come together to rue the utter breakdown of their morals or their society’s humanity – instead, the police immediately began to hunt down the suspect, he was found, evidence has been amassed, and he is now in court for murder.

That’s what a society should do when faced with a heinous crime – you focus. You isolate the crime, you identify the culprit, and you punish him or her.

Even in Norway, where rehabilitation is preferred to punishment, Anders Brevbic who killed 77 people in Oslo and Utoya last year was tried, convicted, and sentenced to the maximum of 21 years in prison.

It has little to do with the character of a people – it has everything to do with crime and punishment; action and reaction.

The entire criminal justice architecture, as we have adopted from England, rests on the reality that, even if all our problems of morals and values are sorted, we will still have criminals amongst us.

Our job is to “reduce crime by bringing more offences to justice, and to raise public confidence that the system is fair and will deliver for the law-abiding citizen.” It serves primarily to balance the goals of crime control and prevention – by reducing crime and increasing security through a set of objective rules for maintaining society’s order.

Man needs laws to be good. The absence of laws leads to immediate disorder – and in the absence of sustained and consistent punishment for misdeeds, you find a rapid degeneration to the scene at Aluu. Those are the facts.

At some point, we will need to go beyond the particular yes; and we will need to ensure that we build a society where vigilantes are not needed in the first place; where people don’t believe their only recourse is self-help.

But there are long-term solutions and there are immediate-term solutions. The immediate and more important action we need now is to focus on finding the killers of the #Aluu4 and ensuring that they are punished to the law’s full extent. And if there is any reprisal from students of the University of Port Harcourt that leads to any broken laws, they too should be found and punished.

You want to know why it is imperative that Nigerians see people punished for crimes they have committed?

In November 2009, the newspapers reported that 12 female students of the University of Port-Harcourt had been raped by militants in their host community. The governor, Rotimi Amaechi promised, as usual, that the perpetrators would be brought to book, and that any militant or resident who decided to go rogue would be dealt with.

The name of that community was Aluu. No one was sent to jail; no one was punished.

So, in 2012, someone did it again.

http://www.ynaija.com/ynaija-editorial-aluu4-is-a-matter-of-crime-and-punishment/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

1 Like

Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by Simplechic: 11:44am On Oct 11, 2012
zeefa: I don't kw y ppu can not ask Questions abt did terrible killing. I have watched the video and d Question I askd mysf was Y r the guyz not makin an attempt to run or speak loud for ppu in d community to kw they do not commit d crime leveled against them. I mean, they are not kids. Its painful to see them just speechless witot sayn a word that will make ppu have a change of mind to either save them or reduce d satanic act being takn on them. My heart still bleeds cos so many questions still run tru my mind about the killing! D whole story seems difficult to read and understand cos there r so many signals picked from the video bn circulated on the internet.
If they are not in anyway involved in2 anytin discriminating, there shld be a way to sa somtin loud to allow ppu that came arround see reason they shld be freed. Their cloths were removed, molested and killed, still non of them cld atleast insist on comments that might likely get in2 d minds of those arrnd to help them.

You were not there when it all started so cannot say how it transpired. From the accounts/pictures given on the incident, they were paraded first before it got to that point.I want to believe they must have tried to prove their "innoncence" before being sudbued by the irate crowd.

Considering the level of beating and planking they received, I want to believe theirs was a case of spirit being willing to shout for help and escape the situation but the flesh was too weak and helpless to do anything.

5 Likes

Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by redsun(m): 11:44am On Oct 11, 2012
This kind of senseless,macabre and avoidable crime is enough to depose a police IG.It means the institution he is running is not working,therefore,he is a failure and he should go.

Something has to work for it to have meaning,if not,there is no need for it.
Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by freecocoa(f): 11:50am On Oct 11, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

Easy baby, We have been like this for 4 days now, Police themselves kill innocent ppl,.... it has happened and we have to let them RIP, but the perpetrators should be dealt with severely.
My brother I can boldly tell you nothing has hurt me this much, I haven't been able to do anything but stay home, follow this story and cry since friday, its affecting me real bad, I'm supposed to travel to another town but I just can't bring myself to get outta this state of mind, I just want justice done to this case.
Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by realistically: 11:51am On Oct 11, 2012
Okija_juju:

Isiokpo police station....10 minutes from omuokri,am sure the policemen at the scene are from the Isiokpo police station......murderers!!!all of them!!!!

1 Like

Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by olason(m): 11:53am On Oct 11, 2012
All the people involved in this barbaric act should face the full weight of the law, not only in Aluu but also the Mubi student callous killings. Enough is Enough.
Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by forkadict(m): 12:01pm On Oct 11, 2012
It's one thing to lose a loved one ( i mean people die everyday and all that) but quite another to lose a loved one in such a horrible manner and a whole different thing to lose a loved one in such a horrible manner under false accusations. JESUS CHRIST!

1 Like

Re: Policemen Watched While My Son Was Lynched - Chiadika's Mom by freecocoa(f): 12:05pm On Oct 11, 2012
You tried so hard to sound intelligent but man are you dumb or what?(Please forgive my language, this matter is very sensitive for me). Just what kinda useless questions are you asking? Read your post again and see if you can make any sense outta it, Jesus! What makes you think they didn't shout? That they didn't plead? Did you even see the crowd? How do you think their voices can possibly rise against that of an angry mob? Have you ever seen where a crowd is gathered especially for cases like this? Do you know everyone in such crowds talk at the same time on top of their voices? Just how do you think they can run from such blood thirsty demons? Have you ever been exhausted upto the point of not having energy to move a limb?didn't you notice how even with a broken skull and brains pouring out that Ugonna was still trying to struggle against the fire?
Oh lord! This your post is only making me angrier, next time if you have nothing sensible to say you best shut da feck up.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mary Yakubu: Suspected Trafficker Intercepted With 27 Children In Taraba / EFCC Remands Woman In Enugu Prison For N29.5Million Fraud / EFCC Double-Crossed & Harassed Me In Ibadan - Twitter User (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.