Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,858 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba (15737 Views)

Benin Kingdom In Edo Is Yoruba Territory — Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi / Why Are Yoruba's Obsessed With Greeting? / Philip Emagwali:I Am Yoruba from Onitsha And Onitsha Is Yoruba Land! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by felifeli: 2:04pm On Oct 12, 2012
Deleted
Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by tpia5: 3:36pm On Oct 12, 2012
you are yoruba if you are yoruba.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by hardywaltz(m): 3:37pm On Oct 12, 2012
I dey laff, I know NL tribal warlords will soon land here.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by kokoye(m): 3:40pm On Oct 12, 2012
The system told me so.

wait a minute ...what is the 'system'?
Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by wolebaba(m): 3:42pm On Oct 12, 2012
hardywaltz: I dey laff, I know NL tribal warlords will soon land here.

me also, i'm waiting and reading............
Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by Selamsweet18(f): 3:46pm On Oct 12, 2012
Is this the clone version of the other thread talking about who is Igbo?

Hmmm! Interesting!
Keep the response coming, i really wanna learn about Nigeria and the various ethnic groupings.
Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by toyeoye(m): 3:46pm On Oct 12, 2012
You are yoruba if ur native food na amala and gbegiri

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by Siga: 3:47pm On Oct 12, 2012
911.........Google experts please help here
Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by pingo(m): 3:48pm On Oct 12, 2012
ibenbe
Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by jude33084(m): 3:49pm On Oct 12, 2012
toyeoye: You are yoruba if ur native food na amala and gbegiri

Do u mean Ŧħåϯ black thing they eat with the tastless soup? Yakk undecided
Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by tintingz(m): 3:50pm On Oct 12, 2012
Someone from south-west region is a yoruba. . .
Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by juman(m): 3:50pm On Oct 12, 2012
toyeoye: You are yoruba if ur native food na amala and gbegiri
Abi o grin
Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by Lero15(m): 3:53pm On Oct 12, 2012
A typical Yoruba: if he do good for u,u say 'thank u',e go say 'no need', if u no talk 'thank u' e go say u r ungrateful. If he say com chop,u say 'neva mind' he go say u dey vex,but if u go ahead to chop he go say u get 'insect eye'. If im chicken was lost then found, he throws a party. I LOVE GBOGBO OMO ODUDUWA.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by juman(m): 3:55pm On Oct 12, 2012
I am yoruba because my family history points to that.

I am yoruba because OYA entrered ground in my family house. grin

1 Like

Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by dridowu: 3:56pm On Oct 12, 2012
Proud to a YORUBA MAN. Omo ijebu ni émí. Ikokore ati ebiripo ni ounje ilu mi. IJEBU-AIYEPE

4 Likes

Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 12, 2012
Being Yoruba is inborn, you're Yoruba if you believe and have a conviction that you're. And if you believe in the culture and traditions of the Yoruba nation... We have a Yoruba diaspora in South America and North America, who were not born by 'Yoruba' parents nor bear yoruba names - but their inborn yoruba-ness makes them Yoruba just as everyone else. They worship yemenya, obatala, oshun, shango and other yoruba deities - and they also love the culture.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ejire Ara Isokun! Where Exactly Is Isokun? / Igede Names And Their Meaning / Learn To Speak Ikwerre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.