Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,599 members, 7,820,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba (15756 Views)

Benin Kingdom In Edo Is Yoruba Territory — Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi / Why Are Yoruba's Obsessed With Greeting? / Philip Emagwali:I Am Yoruba from Onitsha And Onitsha Is Yoruba Land! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by mostfavoured(m): 6:06pm On Oct 12, 2012
I am happy to be a Yoruba man. We are very civilized and intelligent of which this trend has proved that. As many of you who keep having headache because of us, I wish u more strenght to be sad over our prosperity. Igbos are my friends but if u are tribalistic u aren't one.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by GenOrumov: 6:12pm On Oct 12, 2012
(1.) You are yoruba if you evolved from Oduduwa (if Oduduwa is your ancestor) (2.) You are yoruba if you are from the south west of Nigeria (3.) You MAY claim yoruba if just one of your parents/either your father or mother is from the south west (4.) You are yoruba if other tribes in Nigeria are always envious of you, abuse you and yet refuse to leave your land because it is filled with milk and honey (5.)You are yoruba if you're wonderfully made (6.) And lastly, you are yoruba if you are from the same tribe as Awolowo (the man that defeated a coward called ojuiku and his okoro brothers). Unlike a group of people who are situated on the opposite side of the map where the yoruba people are located who- (1.) Started a war that they knew they could never win (2.) The back of their head is majorly flat (3.) Are red skinned like palm oil (4.) Pronounce palm oil as palm oyel (5.) Must add palm oil and ugwu leaf to every meal (imagine my girlfriend from that region making indomie and added palm oil and leaves to it. I almost pucked. Yuck!! Dats nasty!!) (6.) All they think about is money, money and money. They can do anything for money including stuffing hard drugs in their a.n.u.s and using all their family members for money ritual (7.) Their men are always short and stocky (8.) They don't know how to combine colours (they can wear purple shades + yellow tie + green shirt + pink trouser + red shoes

8 Likes

Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by omodapson(m): 6:13pm On Oct 12, 2012
The Yorubas are very secured with no inferiority complex. It is only those who feel inferior that bashes on other tribes to show their 'fake' superiority. I am Yoruba, and very proud to be, haters can go and commit suicide.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by omodapson(m): 6:16pm On Oct 12, 2012
I don't know why the mod hid all my posts. Those posts were to counter/discredit all the lies said about my tribe and the little village I came from...
Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by tevinsolt: 6:17pm On Oct 12, 2012
Gen. Orumov:
(1.) You are yoruba if you evolved from Oduduwa (if Oduduwa is your ancestor) (2.) You are yoruba if you are from the south west of Nigeria (3.) You MAY claim yoruba if your father or mother is from the south west (4.) You are yoruba if other tribes in Nigeria are always envious of you, abuse you and yet refuse to leave your land because it is filled with milk and honey (5.)You are yoruba if you're wonderfully made (6.) And lastly, you are yoruba if you are from the same tribe as Awolowo (the man that defeated a coward called ojuiku and his okoro brothers). Unlike a group of people who are situated on the opposite side of the map where the yoruba people are located who- (1.) Started a war that they knew they could never win (2.) The back of their head is majorly flat (3.) Are red skinned like palm oil (4.) Pronounce palm oil as palm oyel (5.) Must add palm oil and ugwu leaf to every meal (imagine my girlfriend from that region making indomie and added palm oil and leaves to it. I almost pucked. Yuck!! Dats nasty!!) (6.) All they think about is money, money and money. They can do anything for money including stuffing hard drugs in their a.n.u.s and using all their family members for money ritual (7.) Their men are always short and stocky (8.) They don't know how to combine colours (they can wear purple shades + yellow tie + green shirt + pink trouser + red shoes

can not understand why those people will go through so much trouble to express their hate and insecurity? shocked......chai essays oo keep 'em coming
Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by Ozonna(m): 6:18pm On Oct 12, 2012
Before opening this thread, I was sure that Igbos will mess up this thread. Look @ many hidden posts. Anyi na Achokwu too much!!! SMHS @ NL Ndigbo
Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by GenOrumov: 6:20pm On Oct 12, 2012
tevinsolt:

so someone can go through this much trouble to express his hate and insecurity? shocked......chai essays oo keep 'em coming
wasn't the same thing Chinua Achebe did?

1 Like

Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by abdulkayus(m): 6:21pm On Oct 12, 2012
Thank u MOD for hidin dos tribalistic ppl posts, bt u come late, dey hav already don enuf damage, bt thanks.
Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by tevinsolt: 6:21pm On Oct 12, 2012
Gen. Orumov:
wasn't the same thing Chinua Achebe did?

right on bro ; cheesy
Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by Profkomolafe(m): 6:22pm On Oct 12, 2012
I am a yoruba man 4rm ogbomosho part of oyo state nd i luv bin yoruba bcoz we re frndly nd our language is easier 2 learn compared 2 the other tribes <igbos>
Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by aljharem(m): 6:27pm On Oct 12, 2012
Lagusta: Badagry dudes are not yoruba... They have a different language entirely called "egun" or "ogun" and it is similar to "fon" in benin republic...

I am yoruba and I don't have a tribal mark...

I am yoruba from Badagry Awori/Ogu

Note it is not Egun or Ogun but Ogu angry angry angry angry

reason why Ignorant people like you call it Egun is surprising. Ahu angry that is Egun for you
Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by harlos: 6:28pm On Oct 12, 2012
I just knw say...
Omo yoruba ni mi o...swaga!!!

1 Like

Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by omodapson(m): 6:29pm On Oct 12, 2012
alj harem:

I am yoruba from Badagry Awori/Ogu

Note it is not Egun or Ogun but Ogu angry angry angry angry

reason why Ignorant people like you call it Egun is surprising. Ahu angry that is Egun for you

No mind them jare. They are just haters... I just dey wonder why an alien will be defining my identity? I am an awori from Badagry and very proud to be Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by saintneo(m): 6:32pm On Oct 12, 2012
Ayoobscom: You are a Yoruba if you are accommodating
You are Yoruba if you are compassionate
you are Yoruba if you won't commit suicide
then Awo is not Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by tevinsolt: 6:34pm On Oct 12, 2012
saintneo: then Awo is not Yoruba.
you mad bruh?
Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by tintingz(m): 6:35pm On Oct 12, 2012
Gen. Orumov:
(1.) You are yoruba if you evolved from Oduduwa (if Oduduwa is your ancestor) (2.) You are yoruba if you are from the south west of Nigeria (3.) You MAY claim yoruba if your father or mother is from the south west (4.) You are yoruba if other tribes in Nigeria are always envious of you, abuse you and yet refuse to leave your land because it is filled with milk and honey (5.)You are yoruba if you're wonderfully made (6.) And lastly, you are yoruba if you are from the same tribe as Awolowo (the man that defeated a coward called ojuiku and his okoro brothers). Unlike a group of people who are situated on the opposite side of the map where the yoruba people are located who- (1.) Started a war that they knew they could never win (2.) The back of their head is majorly flat (3.) Are red skinned like palm oil (4.) Pronounce palm oil as palm oyel (5.) Must add palm oil and ugwu leaf to every meal (imagine my girlfriend from that region making indomie and added palm oil and leaves to it. I almost pucked. Yuck!! Dats nasty!!) (6.) All they think about is money, money and money. They can do anything for money including stuffing hard drugs in their a.n.u.s and using all their family members for money ritual (7.) Their men are always short and stocky (8.) They don't know how to combine colours (they can wear purple shades + yellow tie + green shirt + pink trouser + red shoes
they will put on caps like santa clause or hats and wear singlet and wrapper like women. . .greedy and stingy people who imports fake products and goods. . .eat dogs like red-indians their gals are good in ashawo business with their yam shapless legs. . .their parents don't joke with bride price is like selling out their daughters. . .

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by MrGlobe2: 6:36pm On Oct 12, 2012
saintneo: then Awo is not Yoruba.
emperor mukina goes gaga again. The above stament cost me a ban. Thank God another person has said it.
Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by bayulll01(m): 6:37pm On Oct 12, 2012
this igbo pple wil not die from inferiority complex this show how maturd and civilisd we yoruba,pls dnt answer them they wish to be us but naaa! They cant match us,all the yoruba in the house shout file!!
Yeah haters go die,cos omo yoruba lemi o!!somebody shout swaga!!
Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by nogames: 6:39pm On Oct 12, 2012
If your ancestors are from south west, some part of kwara and kogi plus descendants of The Alaketu of Ketu and Olupopo of Popo in Benin republic and Togo

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/feed/society/56122-a-historic-home-coming-for-the-royalty.txt
Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by tevinsolt: 6:44pm On Oct 12, 2012
if you are from oyotunji village south carolina, USA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVPi2peBX2c
Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by novakid(m): 6:44pm On Oct 12, 2012
I know I'm a yoruba boy cos I was born by yoruba parents who were also given birth to by my yoruba grandparents
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by mimifonwon(f): 6:45pm On Oct 12, 2012
you are yoruba if you father and his paternal lineage is, whatever your mother is dont matter.
Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by Truman155(m): 6:52pm On Oct 12, 2012
When u cook food with 2much oil, when u are a caword, when u worship oduduwa, when u talk 2 much, when u attend owambe every weekend,when u support the genocide against ndigpbo, when u do all this U ARE DEFFINATELY YORUBA

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by DANILSA(m): 6:56pm On Oct 12, 2012
I REALLY WANTED TO LEARN SOMETHING FROM THIS THREAD BUT SOME LOW ESTEEM PEOPLE JUST CAME FROM NO WERE TO DESTROY THE FUN angry sad undecided MAY SANGO DAMAGE YOUR CHINA PHONES ONE ONE FOR SPOILING THE THREAD

1 Like

Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by bayulll01(m): 7:05pm On Oct 12, 2012
just went through the igbo thread now am so glad that we yoruba don't give a damm about their so useles pathetic life,but they are the first to comment when it comes to yoruba,u pple wil die of hate and end up in hell,pathetic pple

1 Like

Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by bayulll01(m): 7:06pm On Oct 12, 2012
DANILSA: I REALLY WANTED TO LEARN SOMETHING FROM THIS THREAD BUT SOME LOW ESTEEM PEOPLE JUST CAME FROM NO WERE TO DESTROY THE FUN angry sad undecided MAY SANGO DAMAGE YOUR CHINA PHONES ONE ONE FOR SPOILING THE THREAD
amin isee
Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by GenOrumov: 7:06pm On Oct 12, 2012
Truman155: When u cook food with 2much oil, when u are a caword, when u worship oduduwa, when u talk 2 much, when u attend owambe every weekend,when u support the genocide against ndigpbo, when u do all this U ARE DEFFINATELY YORUBA
can a non-yoruba or not related to yoruba tell who a TRUE yoruba is? No! Infact Never!

1 Like

Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by nogames: 7:07pm On Oct 12, 2012
Truman155: When u cook food with 2much oil, when u are a caword, when u worship oduduwa, when u talk 2 much, when u attend owambe every weekend,when u support the genocide against ndigpbo, when u do all this U ARE DEFFINATELY YORUBA
lolz and who do you worship? apes and monkey

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fanfare As Akanu Ohafia Holds 2021 Ekpe, New Yam Festivals (pix, VIDEO) / This Woman Explains Why She Hates Being Black! / Learn To Speak Ikwerre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.