Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,723 members, 7,820,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba (15759 Views)

Benin Kingdom In Edo Is Yoruba Territory — Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi / Why Are Yoruba's Obsessed With Greeting? / Philip Emagwali:I Am Yoruba from Onitsha And Onitsha Is Yoruba Land! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by Lagusta(m): 4:02pm On Oct 12, 2012
Badagry dudes are not yoruba... They have a different language entirely called "egun" or "ogun" and it is similar to "fon" in benin republic...
Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by Lagusta(m): 4:02pm On Oct 12, 2012
Badagry dudes are not yoruba... They have a different language entirely called "egun" or "ogun" and it is similar to "fon" in benin republic...

I am yoruba and I don't have a tribal mark...

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by Okijajuju1(m): 4:07pm On Oct 12, 2012
Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by DANILSA(m): 4:07pm On Oct 12, 2012
NO YORUBA HAS REALLY ANSWERED THE QUESTION HERE, BECAUSE YORUBAS OCCUPY BRASIL, SOUTH AMERICA, NORTH AMERICA,TOGO,IVORY COSTE BRITAIN ETC, SO TELLING ME A YORUBA MAN HAS MARK*TELLING ME HIS FROM SOUTH WEST NIGERIA* ARE ALL WRONG, I NEED A GOOD HISTORIAN HERE.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by tpia5: 4:09pm On Oct 12, 2012
Is this the clone version of the other thread talking about who is Igbo?

yes.
Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by Afam4eva(m): 4:09pm On Oct 12, 2012
DANILSA: NO YORUBA HAS REALLY ANSWERED THE QUESTION HERE, BECAUSE YORUBAS OCCUPY[b] BRASIL, SOUTH AMERICA, NORTH AMERICA,TOGO,IVORY COSTE BRITAIN ETC[/b], SO TELLING ME A YORUBA MAN HAS MARK*TELLING ME HIS FROM SOUTH WEST NIGERIA* ARE ALL WRONG, I NEED A GOOD HISTORIAN HERE.
You forgot to add Portugal, Spain, germany, LIthuania, Korea, China and Japan. Those in North Korea are not really Yorubas. Their dialect is kinda different
Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by tintingz(m): 4:09pm On Oct 12, 2012
Most popular music in naija right now. . .yoruba lang must be input to get fame, spread and sell or else it's going to dustbin and listened only by your relatives. . .a yoruba person never LACK GREETINGS grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by extension: 4:10pm On Oct 12, 2012
When you cannot close your mouth for one minute even on international flight.You are yoruba.

5 Likes

Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by rallymento(m): 4:11pm On Oct 12, 2012
I am ibo i love yoruba girls because they are endowed! ;DI
you are definitly yoruba wen u naturaly respect pple, like ofe mmanu, and plays lotto like ur future depends on it.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by fapcrook(m): 4:18pm On Oct 12, 2012
toyeoye: You are yoruba if ur native food na amala and gbegiri
what of ifokore?
Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by OILOFGLADNESS: 4:21pm On Oct 12, 2012
jude33084:

Do u mean Ŧħåϯ black thing they eat with the tastless soup? Yakk undecided

YES THAT BLACK THINK IS AMMALA (YAM FLOUR0, MY DEAR ITS VERY NUTRITIOUS.
BUT THE SOUP SORRY, I EAT IT WITH IGBO EGUSI AND OKRO SOUP

GUY THE SWALLOW IS NICE IF WELL PREPARED

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by Selamsweet18(f): 4:24pm On Oct 12, 2012
tpia@:

yes.

Then, i'm lost in translation here. I couldn't understand a single thing about this particular thread, unlike the other thread about the Igbo. Maybe 'cuz in this particular thread a lot vernacular is being used.
Re: Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 12, 2012
My Parents say I am Yoruba.
My country says I am a Nigerian.
People say I am an African.
Some say I am dark.
Others say I am tall.
Some friends say I am handsome.
Some detractors say I am ugly.

But I dont care what you call me or who you say that I am because before I am all these things above I am first of all a Human Beign, and since I have the love of humanity in my heart, nothing else matters.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fanfare As Akanu Ohafia Holds 2021 Ekpe, New Yam Festivals (pix, VIDEO) / This Woman Explains Why She Hates Being Black! / Learn To Speak Ikwerre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.