Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

Criticism Of Trust: Viewpoint Approach - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Criticism Of Trust: Viewpoint Approach (658 Views)

I Failed Her Test Of Trust! Pls Advise.. / How To Approach A Girl On The First Day? / How Do You Approach a Lady for a Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Criticism Of Trust: Viewpoint Approach by saintugo(m): 11:40am On Oct 17, 2012
The issue of trust, whether in a marriage relationship, fiance/fiancee relationship or in any other form of relationship has been over flogged, basically by individual experiences, group of people preferences, religiously and secular etc.

Trust can be defined simply as having or putting confidence in a particular person, group of persons or something. Note the keyword here "confidence", some school of thought believe that having "confidence" in someone or thing is totally wrong viewing it from only one perspective or approach which is biblical or religious, this brings to my attention the following questions, if you don't have "confidence" in someone or something how then can you have the will or willpower to progress with such an individual or thing, because "confidence" gives you the morale needed to take "risk"on the above assumption, I stand to be corrected.

"Risk" is another keyword we have to analyse in this article, we have heard various sayings that "life is all about risk" and again some school of thought will say its wrong to trust, and yet they are also of the opinion that "life is all about risk".

Trusting someone or a thing is basically a self determination to take risk, and with risk taking comes two outcomes, its either you benefit or you lose from taking that "risk".

Over my many years of awareness in life, I have closely observed and studied the trend of things and discovered that most things in life or issues in life that affects mankind has been given or viewed from different approaches, affected or influenced from personal experiences, social, family, educational and religious backgrounds. Viewpoints has led to various assumptions, biased and unbiased to be arrived at, and hence the need for constant research because of the divergent views of man, which is an inevitable nature of man, in my opinion, certain issues of life should be viewed and looked at from an open minded viewpoint, setting aside sentiments which applies to a particular person, or group of persons, but on a view that can accommodate a large number of people from both sides of the divide.

Please let it be noted here that I am not criticising the biblical viewpoint of trust or confidence in a person or thing as I have read in some books, but my stand is strictly advocating that people should be given the opportunity to be exposed to a vast amount of knowledge which most times could be attained through physical or personal life experiences, laws and probably doctrines are made to guide the nature and pattern of man's behaviour, but we should also note that "change is dynamic" and as mankind becomes continuously aware of better ways of doing things and living life, so also man's behavioural pattern to issues of life changes.

There are many viewpoints to the concept of "Trust", in my opinion the best view point to trust lies in the particular individual or group of person's wanting to exercise it, having full belief that the outcome of such exercise or risk taking is going to be nothing but positive.

My advice to other writers on the issue of trust should be that they should encourage people to trust but with reservations to certain aspects of the nature of man, knowing fully well that man is not above mistakes and is and will never be perfect.

Trust can be mathematically expressed, assuming that trust is let say 100 percent, it will be logical to apply the 20/80 rule;
"Which states that for any 20 percent put into something or a venture or in trusting you should get an 80 percent positive outcome" all things been equal.

If not for the nature of man, trust is a very important aspect of life and even relationships, its basically up to any individual or group of persons to trust someone or something.
Be Inspired.
Re: Criticism Of Trust: Viewpoint Approach by ichidodo: 12:41pm On Oct 17, 2012
Help! Brain-freeze,Brain-freeze.
Re: Criticism Of Trust: Viewpoint Approach by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 17, 2012
^ grin

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Right Thing To Do??? / google / Does It Mean He Didn't Truly Love Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.