Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,163 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

How A Motorcyclist Was Almost Killed By Fulani Herdsmen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How A Motorcyclist Was Almost Killed By Fulani Herdsmen (9348 Views)

Nigeria Can't Graduate From Boko Haram Attack To Attack By Fulani Herdsmen- ACF / Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen / Teenagers Killed By Fulani Herdsmen In Benue Community - Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Motorcyclist Was Almost Killed By Fulani Herdsmen by eduson55(m): 3:31pm On Oct 19, 2012
[img]<pic removed>[/img]

How I was almost killed by Fulani herdsmen – Motorcyclist

But for providence,23-year-old Ogbonna Eze , a commercial motorcyclist from Opi Community in Nsukka Local Government Area of Enugu state, would have been lying six feet below the earth. Eze, who is currently undergoing treatment in an undisclosed private hospital around Bishop Shanahan area of Nsukka, over an attack from some Fulani herd
smen, fled Kano State following the bomb attacks by the dreaded Boko Haram sect.

On that fateful day, October 1, 2012, he had conveyed two Fulani herdsmen from Opi Junction along Enugu -Makurdi Expressway , heading for their camp at Idodo Agu Ekwegbe, Igbo Etiti local government area on a special drop.

But midway into the journey, he got the shock of his life following an order from the men for him to stop, on reaching a market close to the camp. But before he could fathom the reason for the order, Eze who spoke to Crime Alert from his hospital bed, said they landed a machete on his head, which made him fall off from his motor bike.

As if that was not enough, his assailants brought out daggers with which they attacked him, chopping off his left ear in the process. At the end, he was abandoned in the pool of his own blood, while they absconded with his motor bike.

Recounting what he described as an unforgettable incident, Eze stated, “I did not know they had a sinister motive up their sleeves when they flagged me. It was when they asked me to stop that I knew something could be wrong. They forced me to a path from where they attacked me and made away with all the cash I had made for the day including my motorcycle.

“After I was sure they were gone, I managed to roll from the path to the expressway so as to get help, a task I did with the whole of my strength. By then, I was bleeding profusely. I cannot tell how I got to the expressway. But it was dark then. I tried to call for help but could not. I raised my hand to signify that there was somebody on the road but yet, help was far from me. At that point, I thought I was going to die. You can imagine, I fled Kano State because of Boko Haram people, only to meet their type here. That was the only thing I remember”

By then, Eze had passed out. Even though Crime Alert gathered that motorists and commercial motorcyclists plied the route at that time, none could stop like the Biblical good Samaritan to help the dying man.

Meanwhile back home, a search party as gathered went round the community looking for Eze. His cousin, George Ugwueze , told Crime Alert that after a futile search, the case was reported at the Nsukka Urban Police Division.

On how Eze was eventually found, Gorge explained, “ As we went looking all round for him, a motorcyclist informed us that the body of someone laid close to Nkwo Ekwegbe market. But none could go near that place for fear of being attacked by the Fulani herdsmen. We were made to understand that they are usually armed with dangerous weapons such as guns, machetes and bows and arrows”.

However at the end, a group of young men from the community reportedly stormed the location where Eze was found motionless. He was thereafter , rushed to the hospital where he was said to be in a coma.

Investigation by Crime Alert revealed that the attack on Eze was not the first of its kind. It was gathered that barely one month ago, two students from Nimbo community in Uzo Uwani Local Government Area were killed by some Fulani herdsmen.

Since the incident which currently grips the community with trepidation, Crime Alert learnt that no arrest had been made nor any move made to recover Eze’s motorcycle. The community also blamed police nonchalant attitude to the continued attack by Fulani herdsmen.

Contacted, the Divisional Police Officer for Nsukka Police division Mr. James Nwokolo, a Chief Superintendent of Police told Crime Alert that the Police was not an advertising agency, adding that it was not in his position to say whether any person had been arrested in connection with the Independence day incident. “ The incident is not for press consumption”, he stated, declining to respond to further questions. VANGUARD

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/how-i-was-almost-killed-by-fulani-herdsmen-motorcyclist/
Re: How A Motorcyclist Was Almost Killed By Fulani Herdsmen by Onlytruth(m): 3:45pm On Oct 19, 2012
It is getting closer and closer to home.
Man flees the North to escape boko Haram, meets worse in his own state Enugu.
This is part of why I keep saying that you do not run away from mass murderers; you confront them wherever you live.
Anything else is tantamount to postponing the evil day.
It appears as if fulani has basically seized a portion of Enugu state, and the governor is silent.
Quite sad. sad angry

7 Likes

Re: How A Motorcyclist Was Almost Killed By Fulani Herdsmen by manny4life(m): 3:50pm On Oct 19, 2012
How can people perpetrate such evil deeds?

This is heart breaking, as for the evil doers and their cohorts, isn't it about time same evil is visited on their concentration camp?
Re: How A Motorcyclist Was Almost Killed By Fulani Herdsmen by eduson55(m): 3:50pm On Oct 19, 2012
its really obvious.
we cant sit in our house and watch our nuts crushed..

1 Like

Re: How A Motorcyclist Was Almost Killed By Fulani Herdsmen by Onlytruth(m): 3:57pm On Oct 19, 2012
eduson55: its really obvious.
we cant sit in our house and watch our nuts crushed..

How can a governor sit still and allow this to happen in his state?
Maka chukwu I wonder what our governors are smoking.
Sometimes I suspect their membership of PDP ties their hands.
Imagine ordinary "okada" man can't venture near fulani settlement.
Nna o di kwa egwu o.
It would be a cold day in hell if anyone tries this nonsense near Nnewi my home town. angry

5 Likes

Re: How A Motorcyclist Was Almost Killed By Fulani Herdsmen by eduson55(m): 4:01pm On Oct 19, 2012
dem no dey fear?
them know where them go they ginja that rotten swagg..
Re: How A Motorcyclist Was Almost Killed By Fulani Herdsmen by Biggyd2: 4:17pm On Oct 19, 2012
WHAAAATTT!!! Did those cannibals mistake him for their cow or something? I pray these ones are caught and punished accordingly. So tired of hearing bad news everyday.
Re: How A Motorcyclist Was Almost Killed By Fulani Herdsmen by remmyton(f): 4:35pm On Oct 19, 2012
Onlytruth: It is getting closer and closer to home.
Man flees the North to escape boko Haram, meets worse in his own state Enugu.
This is part of why I keep saying that you do not run away from mass murderers; you confront them wherever you live.
Anything else is tantamount to postponing the evil day.
It appears as if fulani has basically seized a portion of Enugu state, and the governor is silent.
Quite sad. sad angry

so you mean those people at North should remain there? #whistles-you must be Hi#
Re: How A Motorcyclist Was Almost Killed By Fulani Herdsmen by eduson55(m): 4:43pm On Oct 19, 2012
move the thread to front page
Re: How A Motorcyclist Was Almost Killed By Fulani Herdsmen by nduchucks: 4:52pm On Oct 19, 2012
Nigerians remain gullible and continue to allow their prejudices becloud their better judgments. This story does not add up. What is the motive for this senseless attack on this Okada worker? It does not appear to be robbery because we have not been told that anything was stolen. Herdsmen do not run around killing people unless in self defense.

I am more inclined to believe that the victim here was not attacked by Fulani herdsmen, but impostors.

3 Likes

Re: How A Motorcyclist Was Almost Killed By Fulani Herdsmen by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:54pm On Oct 19, 2012
It is a known FACT that the Police allow Fulanis/Hausas to carry dangerous swords, poisons and daggers on their person claiming it is a tradition that is protected by some unknown Nigerian Constitution. when a Non-Fulani/Hausa carries as much as a tube of pepper-spray or table-knife. they arrest you for concealing dangerous weapons.
These illiterate ingrates from Usman Dan-Fodio's heritage must be de-weaponized and castrated immediately grin

1 Like

Re: How A Motorcyclist Was Almost Killed By Fulani Herdsmen by lacasa: 4:59pm On Oct 19, 2012
ndu_chucks: Nigerians remain gullible and continue to allow their prejudices becloud their better judgments. This story does not add up. What is the motive for this senseless attack on this Okada worker? It does not appear to be robbery because we have not been told that anything was stolen. Herdsmen do not run around killing people unless in self defense.

I am more inclined to believe that the victim here was not attacked by Fulani herdsmen, but impostors.

Guy, thank God fσr nigerians like yourself who actually use their God given brains in what theƔ do.

..Infact, u have taken the words right outta my fingers ccos i was about typing what u just stated brilliantly in µя post.

I have judged the majority of nairalanders to be inept, lacking in basic intellect & suffering from Ignorance and mass emptyness.

angry

2 Likes

Re: How A Motorcyclist Was Almost Killed By Fulani Herdsmen by Pysam(m): 5:23pm On Oct 19, 2012
Nawa for this ppl they went to kill a man in his own land again
Re: How A Motorcyclist Was Almost Killed By Fulani Herdsmen by lacasa: 5:36pm On Oct 19, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: It is a known FACT that the Police allow Fulanis/Hausas to carry dangerous swords, poisons and daggers on their person claiming it is a tradition that is protected by some unknown Nigerian Constitution. when a Non-Fulani/Hausa carries as much as a tube of pepper-spray or table-knife. they arrest you for concealing dangerous weapons.
These illiterate ingrates from Usman Dan-Fodio's heritage must be de-weaponized and castrated immediately grin

...^^ a typical example of ma post above undecided
Re: How A Motorcyclist Was Almost Killed By Fulani Herdsmen by cheddarking(m): 5:43pm On Oct 19, 2012
The Average Fulani is an illiterate fool.

Behold proof:

Ndu Chuks, the well known Boko Haram apologist masquerading as an Igbo man had this to say:

ndu_chucks:
Nigerians remain gullible and continue to allow their prejudices becloud their better judgments. This story does not add up. What is the motive for this senseless attack on this Okada worker? It does not appear to be robbery because we have not been told that anything was stolen. Herdsmen do not run around killing people unless in self defense.

Despite reading this in the original post:

eduson55:
...[size=18pt]his assailants brought out daggers with which they attacked him, chopping off his left ear in the process. At the end, he was abandoned in the pool of his own blood, while they absconded with his motor bike.

Recounting what he described as an unforgettable incident, Eze stated, “I did not know they had a sinister motive up their sleeves when they flagged me. It was when they asked me to stop that I knew something could be wrong. They forced me to a path from where they attacked me and made away with all the cash I had made for the day including my motorcycle[/size]
."

Behold Alhaji Ndu Chuks, the Boko Haram Apologist in all his Illiterate Glory...

17 Likes

Re: How A Motorcyclist Was Almost Killed By Fulani Herdsmen by Katsumoto: 5:43pm On Oct 19, 2012
ndu_chucks: Nigerians remain gullible and continue to allow their prejudices becloud their better judgments. This story does not add up. What is the motive for this senseless attack on this Okada worker? It does not appear to be robbery because we have not been told that anything was stolen. Herdsmen do not run around killing people unless in self defense.

They stole his bike and money

"As if that was not enough, his assailants brought out daggers with which they attacked him, chopping off his left ear in the process. At the end, he was abandoned in the pool of his own blood, while they absconded with his motor bike."

12 Likes

Re: How A Motorcyclist Was Almost Killed By Fulani Herdsmen by taharqa: 5:45pm On Oct 19, 2012

And does 'self-defence' include self-determind Retaliation for past harm?
Re: How A Motorcyclist Was Almost Killed By Fulani Herdsmen by tunnytox(m): 5:47pm On Oct 19, 2012
OMG!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: How A Motorcyclist Was Almost Killed By Fulani Herdsmen by Katsumoto: 5:49pm On Oct 19, 2012
Onlytruth:

How can a governor sit still and allow this to happen in his state?
Maka chukwu I wonder what our governors are smoking.
Sometimes I suspect their membership of PDP ties their hands.
Imagine ordinary "okada" man can't venture near fulani settlement.
Nna o di kwa egwu o.
It would be a cold day in hell if anyone tries this nonsense near Nnewi my home town. angry

You have to remember that some governors will not speak out or act for fear of being put aside by HQ.
Re: How A Motorcyclist Was Almost Killed By Fulani Herdsmen by kokosheen(m): 5:50pm On Oct 19, 2012

Bro, you need to re-read the original post again. It narrated that they took the okada rider's day takings and his bike. For these Fulani guys, its more than enough (1 used bike = at least 15k, which is equivalent to 1 meal of bread and tea (50naira) + 1 glue to inhale & get high on (100naira} X 100).

They do stuff like this on the long bridge of the Lagos - Ibadan expressway and it shouldn't come as a surprise. I also stayed with them in the core north during service year and know that they are more than capable of doing stuff like this.

What amazes from the post is the response from the Police that they are not a broadcasting organization and can't tell the reporters actions they're going to take on a crime that's as clear as daylight. Imagine, is this not the same Police that parade suspects on TV before they're charged to court?

5 Likes

Re: How A Motorcyclist Was Almost Killed By Fulani Herdsmen by Ejine(m): 5:51pm On Oct 19, 2012
Ndu Chucks is a proper imbeciile. This guy can't even hide his bias anymore.
Were you too blind and stupiid to see the part that clearly states they attacked him for his personal effects which include his bike?

And don't even get me started on that worm Lacasa... Abi na LaCancer.

7 Likes

Re: How A Motorcyclist Was Almost Killed By Fulani Herdsmen by cheddarking(m): 5:55pm On Oct 19, 2012
kokosheen:

Bro, you need to re-read the original post again. It narrated that they took the okada rider's day takings and his bike. For these Fulani guys, its more than enough (1 used bike = at least 15k, which is equivalent to 1 meal of bread and tea (50naira) + 1 glue to inhale & get high on (100naira} X 100).

They do stuff like this on the long bridge of the Lagos - Ibadan expressway and it shouldn't come as a surprise. I also stayed with them in the core north during service year and know that they are more than capable of doing stuff like this.

What amazes from the post is the response from the Police that they are not a broadcasting organization and can't tell the reporters actions they're going to take on a crime that's as clear as daylight. Imagine, is this not the same Police that parade suspects on TV before they're charged to court?

I don't think you know the Fulani robber known as Ndu Chuks

Even if this Okada man had video evidence of his attack, Mazi Alhaji Chuks will insist it was done in 'Self Defence'

5 Likes

Re: How A Motorcyclist Was Almost Killed By Fulani Herdsmen by Afam4eva(m): 6:01pm On Oct 19, 2012
This people get mind to come the capital of eastern Nigeria to perpetuate their evil deeds. What are our governors doing for Christ sake?
Re: How A Motorcyclist Was Almost Killed By Fulani Herdsmen by Osiris211: 6:07pm On Oct 19, 2012
I don't believe this story! where are they taking the bike to?

The ibos should ask among their brothers.

Below is a similar case.

BARELY few weeks after a commercial motorcyclist popularly
called Okada was killed in Enugu-Ezike, Igbo-eze North Local Government Area, Enugu State; another commercial motorcyclist has been hacked to death in a similar circumstance in the same local government area while his motorcycle was snatched from him.

The motorcyclist, Chiedozie Urama, who hailed from Umuopu,
Enugu-Ezike was tricked by his assailant to convey him to Aji,
Enugu-Ezike only to be killed and his motorcycle snatched.

The killing of Chiedozie at Umuagama, a border community with Aji, raised apprehension among the people of Igbo Eze North Local Government Area that a notorious serial killer identified as Ifeanyi Urama who earlier killed a motorcyclist with Monday hammer, could still be around.

The body of Chiedozie was found in the pool of his own blood by Umuagama Vigilante operatives who reported the matter to the police at Ogrute headquarters of the police
division

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/serial-killings-another-cyclist-hacked-to-death-in-enugu-community/

1 Like

Re: How A Motorcyclist Was Almost Killed By Fulani Herdsmen by saintneo(m): 6:12pm On Oct 19, 2012
What is the motive? Go ask the fulanis.
Nothing was stolen according to you. But the original post states that his motorbike is missing, the Biker's money taken . . [size=28pt]please read before commenting[/size]

Re: How A Motorcyclist Was Almost Killed By Fulani Herdsmen by Osiris211: 6:16pm On Oct 19, 2012
IFEANYI URAMA the renowned okada riders killer may still be at large committing more of his "business".
Re: How A Motorcyclist Was Almost Killed By Fulani Herdsmen by nduchucks: 6:24pm On Oct 19, 2012
I will tender an unreserved apology to you people if you can prove to me that the attackers were Fulani herdsmen and not impostors. Can you prove without any doubt that the criminals were not Igbo people or others who are now wearing Fulani gear to perpetrate their crimes?

Did we not read only a few days ago that robbers in Lagos are now pretending to be beggars in order to commit robberies? If those Lagos robbers were not caught, you people would have been screaming that Almajiris are now committing robberies. abeg make I hear word! You all have no proof whatsoever that the assailants were Fulani herdsmen. shi kena

Armed Robbers Disguise As Beggars To Rob Motorists

Re: How A Motorcyclist Was Almost Killed By Fulani Herdsmen by cjrane: 6:35pm On Oct 19, 2012
This story has to be verified before anyone can begin to comment on it. Something about it tell me it is the work of a mischief maker on NL. People be cautious of people that want to provoke Igbos into fighting their enemies with cheap lies of an Igboman killed in Opi by hausa men. That picture could very well be a picture of a man attacked by Fulani in Ogun state.But they have mischievously twisted the location of the incident from Ogun to Enugu State to make the story whip Igbo sentiment. People be careful, there are wicked mischief makers around us !

1 Like

Re: How A Motorcyclist Was Almost Killed By Fulani Herdsmen by dayokanu(m): 6:55pm On Oct 19, 2012
Onlytruth: It would be a cold day in hell if anyone tries this nonsense near Nnewi my home town. angry

What a senseless statement. What would you do even if they do it in your grandfathers compound

internet Van Damme. When matter reach now, Na Abidjan dem go run go

1 Like

Re: How A Motorcyclist Was Almost Killed By Fulani Herdsmen by Katsumoto: 7:05pm On Oct 19, 2012
dayokanu:

What a senseless statement. What would you do even if they do it in your grandfathers compound

internet Van Damme. When matter reach now, Na Abidjan dem go run go

LMAO

Defending Nnewi from faraway USA.
Re: How A Motorcyclist Was Almost Killed By Fulani Herdsmen by Callotti: 7:31pm On Oct 19, 2012
STORY. . .STORY? STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORY!!!!

Hmmmmmm. . . .
Fulani herdsmen. . . ? HOW COULD HE TELL? grin
Bros. . . you sure say nor be ya 'brodas' from Biafra wanno use your ear for rituals?
This ya tori get as e be o!
What a gory pic!

Nigeria is full of 'SAVAGES'. . .I swear!!! cry

Very difficult to verify such a story.
Nigerians are such UNRELIABLE HISTORIANS. . . .
Aluu Students mistaken for 'robbers'. . . 'robbers' attacked by 'Fulani Herdsmen'. . . . Okada operation 'your money or your life'. . . .?
Which wan we go believe? undecided

1 Like

Re: How A Motorcyclist Was Almost Killed By Fulani Herdsmen by aljharem(m): 7:37pm On Oct 19, 2012
Am very surprise, fulanis are usually in the North, middle belt and South west inculding edo and delta, cross river as well. I doubt if the story is true and why would a man attack another without a reason ? Very strange indeed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ondo State Speaker, Deputy Impeached Over Gross Misconduct / 2015: Group Asks Court To Order INEC To Allow Temporary Voter Cards / Oyegun Receives 3000 Of Their Supporters In Edo Into The APC, Says PDP Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.