Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle (9470 Views)

10 Reasons Why Android Phones Are Better Than Iphones & Blackberries / Sell Your Blackberries: The Company Is Going Down Fast / Blackberries To Get Android Phones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by meritdee(m): 11:00am On Oct 21, 2012
candieangel12:

What? Are u sayin android is gay or bb? N im not a dude tho undecided

Can't stop laughing... Even the ones using smartphones can't differentiate between an OS and a Phone.
Some just wanna feel among even tho they still browse with their C2 (which is a nice phone on its own too). And some just sleep around (even with dogs) to buy some gadgets for show off or cuz of peer pressure while the manufacturers sleeps and wakes up everyday thinking of new idea.
Most people who create this kinda thread are of low IQ cuz they only see phones as a 'show-off' gadget. And many carries the phones around having just 2% knowledge about their phones capability (which I call 'phone-abuse'). Many live in a slum, yet purchase expensive smart phones cuz their twitter follower/IM friend is using one (How daft). All these unreasonable beefing would end if only half of the people who uses phones can understand 50% of their phone's function. Social network is just 2% of what ur phone can offer you, be it Blackberry, Galaxy tab, iPhones et al.

My question for the person I quoted is; Is Android a phone or an OS?
Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by candieangel12(f): 11:03am On Oct 21, 2012
meritdee:

Can't stop laughing... Even the ones using smartphones can't differentiate between an OS and a Phone.
Some just wanna feel among even tho they still browse with their C2 (which is a nice phone on its own too). And some just sleep around (even with dogs) to buy some gadgets for show off or cuz of peer pressure while the manufacturers sleeps and wakes up everyday thinking of new idea.
Most people who create this kinda thread are of low IQ cuz they only see phones as a 'show-off' gadget. And many carries the phones around having just 2% knowledge about their phones capability (which I call 'phone-abuse'). Many live in a slum, yet purchase expensive smart phones cuz their twitter follower/IM friend is using one (How daft). All these unreasonable beefing would end if only half of the people who uses phones can understand 50% of their phone's function. Social network is just 2% of what ur phone can offer you, be it Blackberry, Galaxy tab, iPhones et al.

My question for the person I quoted is; Is Android a phone or an OS?

Android is an OS of course duh! N im not using android 2 feel among. I use android because I love it. My GS3 is the best!
Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by mrhansome12(m): 11:06am On Oct 21, 2012
12 inches!:

Airtel doesn't offer unlimited data. It's capped unlike MTN.
mr man try reading it b4 u comment na did u see where I mention unlimited data. I know what u mean by dat but MTN only work on bb but Airtel can work on any phone including java phones
Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by quicksylva(m): 11:07am On Oct 21, 2012
Eagles man: pls caan you list good movie sites for me,thanks.
Hope you know what you are asking me is piracy. But since you asked politely I would do as you wish.
Explanation. logon to o2cinemas.com (not zero, o as in alphabet) with your UC Browser. if you don't have a UC browser don't worry go to the site and install it on your phone automatically. Once you get to the site they will categorize their movies, Bollywood,Hollywood,Hindu movies,Seasonal movies,Wrestling, Cartoons etc. Depending on your preference. Click on Hollywood movies, you will now see hundreds of hollywood movies both old and latest. I prefer latest movies (make sure u select movies that are dvd rip). Stay tune for part 2 (downloading process, this trick is for only mtn). I dey come make I chop.

1 Like

Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by mrhansome12(m): 11:11am On Oct 21, 2012
shags: how do you do it
recharge 1200 Airtel credit on ur phone text bsm to 440 then follow the instructions dat Airtel will send later
Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by Shaw007(m): 11:28am On Oct 21, 2012
This is very very Unnecessary and pointless!! All these 4 a gadget??

WhY not write a piece On a samsung Lcd tv lesser than sony then,Non-sense!! I really dnt like Ppl that place gadgets above their Lives

but the truth is. . .Its Only In Nigeria or other african countries at that,that BB is really relevant,why?? Its Nigeria Friendly,we all knw how hard it is 2 access GOod ,cheap ,lasting Internet,BB does that,

Let a BB user and Iphone user with the same Income In Naija print out their expenses on their smarts,the Iphone user will be d one 2 cry,surely. . .And pls,i don't think the data thing shud be placed Wholely On bb. . .d Internet carriers still have a part 2 play. . .so cheap Unlimited data plus d communication,mails and all that makes it d perfect Nigerian FOne. . .

And ONe MORE thing,I like the fact that typing is very easy. . .if i were using aN iPhone or an Android fone. . .it wud take me twice the time 2 type all this,it jst makes it easier. . .

Ehen,Iphone is better than BB. . .we af hear,leave it like that,stp d hate abeg!!

#IrestMycase

1 Like

Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by chukxy44(m): 11:30am On Oct 21, 2012
Make we no lie, dis post is simply geared towards balancing d publicity stunt dat BB users have enjoyed since d entry of BB into d Nija social and economic market. I wud have supported dis bases less post but since I am a BB user (have endured so much before finally join d clique) I will tell u dis, BB still rocks in Nija.
Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by mimi13: 11:45am On Oct 21, 2012
No probs, i will only change my 2 BBs(and counting) when WIFI gets to everywhere in naija. Then i can use all d iphone and android gadgets cos they are still very much useless without working wifi signals. So till that happens, ama kip changing bb models and showing it off with ma pretty manicured nails....go get a life like moi...hahahaha

1 Like

Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by kinnkw(m): 11:48am On Oct 21, 2012
Jenams: Ūя̅ ignorance is @ its peak! Hence, Ūя̅ level of reasonin becomes abysmally poor! Here is wat i do wit my BB 1.24hours bbm, 2.24 hours instant email services, 3. 24hours facebook, twitter,badoo,2go,watsapp services, my firstbank mobile bankin software runs on my BIS too! & here comes †ЂΞ bangg! 24 hours unlimited internet connectivity for my PC wit xtra #500 for vpn premium. u need τ̅o pay ♍ε for dis lecture u mor.on

My very good enlightened friend, i already made my point that the only reason bb sells in Naija is becuase of data plan, which is not an issue in North America and Europe.For a regular guy in North america who does not give a rats ass about downloading illegal movies with blackberry, who prefers watching his movies straight from netflix what good does a blackberry do him.
Firstbank app came to blackberry first probably because blackberry is common in naija so i was a marketing strategy that has nothing to do with blackberry OS.
Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by Eaglesman(m): 12:00pm On Oct 21, 2012
quicksylva: Hope you know what you are asking me is piracy. But since you asked politely I would do as you wish.
Explanation. logon to o2cinemas.com (not zero, o as in alphabet) with your UC Browser. if you don't have a UC browser don't worry go to the site and install it on your phone automatically. Once you get to the site they will categorize their movies, Bollywood,Hollywood,Hindu movies,Seasonal movies,Wrestling, Cartoons etc. Depending on your preference. Click on Hollywood movies, you will now see hundreds of hollywood movies both old and latest. I prefer latest movies (make sure u select movies that are dvd rip). Stay tune for part 2 (downloading process, this trick is for only mtn). I dey come make I chop.
thanks,am still waiting
Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by kinnkw(m): 12:04pm On Oct 21, 2012
Eagles man: thanks,am still waiting

Jack Sparrow..
i see why you need a BB now..
Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by Maleeq(m): 12:41pm On Oct 21, 2012
Thus far, from the replies on this thread, the ONLY advantage BB has over others, albeit in Nigeria, is the data bundle it comes with upon subscription.

The average Nigeria goes for cheaper any day, thus arguing over best is skewed by pricing of the data bundles. In the US/UK, mobile networks offer data bundles just as priced as the equivalent BIS subscription or even better now. The data options we have from our mobile networks in Nigeria is just ludicrous.

I use a BB and a DROID. I thought the BB performance was great until I got the DROID. It's horrid, the experience you get as the bb freezes alot. Down play it all you want but there is no bb user here that doesn't NEED to do battery pull outs atleast 10times a week just to get something to Work! Even RIM advices such actions... Imagine?

BBM? Did someone say it's the best IM out there? I won't even argue over that. I'd rather live that person in his/her delusion. Just what does it offer that's not available on any/every other IM out there? Even 2go beats it IMHO grin

Data compression you say? A quick one: the average BB user in Nigeria "pings" and facebook mostly on their devices. The 'superior' Data compression of the bb gets you to use say, roughly, 100mb a month. Effectively, that user just bought 100mb @ atleast 1500. Smart?

Plus, why, just why would almost all features of the phone be subscription dependent? It almost a dud when there is no subscription.

And oh, before you ask me why I still got a BB, i use it to "house my extra SIM"... Can't afford losing that sim
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 21, 2012
Make una dey here dey knack una head for wall.
In the past 3 hours, I have watched over 30 soccer highlight videos on dailymotion using my native browser, free of charge (BIS of Course). Try that on your Android or Iphone and tell me how many MB it will cost you. Untill we have the same internet plans as those in the UK and US, you are fooling yourself trying to diss BB. Some of you have Iphones and Ipads and pay separately for data on the two. Thanks to the BBbridge, I don't pay anything for Data on my Playbook! Hahahaha!
Waiting for BB10 joor.
Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by quicksylva(m): 1:40pm On Oct 21, 2012
Sorry for the delay, I just finished eating. Now where did I stop.
Continuation. When you have selected a movie you like, let assume u selected dark night, dark night comes in 4 different parts i.e part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4 make up the whole movie, each part is like 30 minutes long(32mb), so the total is 2hrs(128mb). Click on part 1, Now look for link page(click on it), Now look for download page(click on it), Now you will be asked whether to open or save page(click save page), it would start downloading automatically, Do the same thing to part 2, part 3 and part 4. The best time to download movies is at 12am in the morning because the internet speed is very fast by then, don't get me wrong is not that you can't download anytime of the day.
NOTE; just in case you encounter any problem, go to your UC Browser web setting, go to tools/option, change the connection setting to BIS.... This trick can only work with mtn. Am making use of the weekly plan. Buy 500 mtn card, send BBCWEEK(leave no space btw) to 216, your service provider will configure your Mtn internet settings automatically. Now go buy me a bottle of coke now, shap!shap! I dey wait
Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by quicksylva(m): 2:01pm On Oct 21, 2012
Downloading a complete movie (the total parts) would take up to like 25-30 minutes. So you can download 2 complete different movies for 50min-1hr.
Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by AdetoroBukola: 2:05pm On Oct 21, 2012
CLIQBOY: What is BB na phone or diapers?
lol na feeding bottle
Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by oluezekiel(m): 2:15pm On Oct 21, 2012
Jenams: Ūя̅ ignorance is @ its peak! Hence, Ūя̅ level of reasonin becomes abysmally poor! Here is wat i do wit my BB 1.24hours bbm, 2.24 hours instant email services, 3. 24hours facebook, twitter,badoo,2go,watsapp services, my firstbank mobile bankin software runs on my BIS too! & here comes †ЂΞ bangg! 24 hours unlimited internet connectivity for my PC wit xtra #500 for vpn premium. u need τ̅o pay ♍ε for dis lecture u mor.on
Pls, can you tell ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ more about this Vpn premium? The last time I tried connecting my BB to my PC, my BIS was exhausted instantly. Thanks
Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by instinctg(m): 2:23pm On Oct 21, 2012
My BB does d basic stuff for me, calling / receiving , chatting wit my clients which saves me bucks, internet access and more. Am happy wit it, so if any one has an issue wit dat, kindly show ur street transformer some love by hugging it !

Nb : d tech world changes too rapidly to be worrying over d latest devices cos only a few can catch up wit latest trends
Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by mjksho(m): 2:52pm On Oct 21, 2012
mrhansome12: Thanks 2 Airtel u can use their blackberry package subscribtion on any phone but nt many are aware of dis

boss.abeg hw i fit use d bis package on ma symbian OS? I dey wait ur response! Tanx!
Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by caukerzee(m): 3:16pm On Oct 21, 2012
mrkels:  remains the best phone with flexible bundles and the best qwerty keypad.
oh please. Which kind best phone? I dont bash bb users, but you are a just too stupid to say that. You should say cheapest internet. Thats all.
Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by caukerzee(m): 3:37pm On Oct 21, 2012
I've used a bb for just one week, and i didnt enjoy it at all. Maybe its because i expirienced the andriod technology 1st. The thing i hate with the bb users in naija is their absolutely sensless segregation they impose on non bb users. I hope they can now see how it feels to be regarded as the inferior phone users. When i was using a nokia n72, my friends then who owned black berries used to insust me and call me a jew guy. I decided not to buy one if that was how i would behave if i owned one. Thats when i started to hate on bb, not because of its features, but its users. In 2008(God bless google for the andriod technology), i was able to get a samsung galaxy 1 then. The browsing expirence was one of a kind. I felt like i was in another planet. My friends called me a fool for saying my galaxy 1 is better than curve 2. I latter decided to try out a bb in 2010. Oh gosh what a mistake! I sold it within a week. Much slower browsing, poor web pages, stereotyped apps, no radio, etc...Today anybody who stands to say black berry is better than andriod powered phones or iphones, i will call him a stark illitrate. I would understand if a lady says so though.

1 Like

Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by zico124(m): 3:47pm On Oct 21, 2012
No.........dis is pure rubbish for front page,dis is just hat'g......gari no need to advertise to sell pass indomie and if indomie tinks its d best mak e bone advert den,e go no say baba na fada...........BB on point
Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by mrhansome12(m): 3:56pm On Oct 21, 2012
mjksho:

boss.abeg hw i fit use d bis package on ma symbian OS? I dey wait ur response! Tanx!
recharge 1200 text bsm to 440 then follow instructions they will send, u are gud 2 go but u shall know its nt unlimited but it comes with 1 gigbyte data bundle and extra 24 megabyte jara dat will last 4 a month
Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by hariorh: 4:04pm On Oct 21, 2012
Lady Winona: Am I missing something here? I admit I'm not a phone geek but I do know my math and money management. A friend of mine who bought an android cos she was told it's better than BB spends a 1000 for 200MB. With my BB plan, I spend 1400 for 3GB, which if I'm to calculate is abt 15000 for the same 3GB with an android. Does that even make sense economically? Or is there something I don't know

I wonder o! I use etisalat for my bb and pay 1500 4 subscription and still get unlimited data! I download anyhow without fear of using up any data. I've downloaded close to 10gigs of music, movies, pc games and softwares on my bb and I paid so little for it!
Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by caukerzee(m): 4:05pm On Oct 21, 2012
[quote author=Zeddicus]Make una dey here dey knack una head for wall.
In the past 3 hours, I have watched over 30 soccer highlight videos on dailymotion using my native browser, free of charge (BIS of Course). Try that on your Android or Iphone and tell me how many MB it will cost you. Untill we have the same internet plans as those in the UK and US, you are fooling yourself trying to diss BB. Some of you have Iphones and Ipads and pay separately for data on the two. Thanks to the BBbridge[\quote] I call this clouded judgement plus poor man talk. You think err body is as broke as you. Dont you uses your economic situation to jugde other people. Do you think everybody cant afford maintaing ther andriod devices and iphones like you? ive got wi fi hotspots at home and at my office plus i could spend as much as 30k on internet if i wanted to. You talk about bb play book? Use a galaxy tab or note and you will know bb playbook is a big joke.
Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by Wislet(f): 4:07pm On Oct 21, 2012
Lady Winona: Am I missing something here? I admit I'm not a phone geek but I do know my math and money management. A friend of mine who bought an android cos she was told it's better than BB spends a 1000 for 200MB. With my BB plan, I spend 1400 for 3GB, which if I'm to calculate is abt 15000 for the same 3GB with an android. Does that even make sense economically? Or is there something I don't know
and with #3000 you get unlimited data plan for a whole month.
Works far better that the 3G etc plans.
Am I missing sth too?
Lol.
Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by caukerzee(m): 4:11pm On Oct 21, 2012
kinnkw:

My very good enlightened friend, i already made my point that the only reason bb sells in Naija is becuase of data plan, which is not an issue in North America and Europe.For a regular guy in North america who does not give a rats ass about downloading illegal movies with blackberry, who prefers watching his movies straight from netflix what good does a blackberry do him.
Firstbank app came to blackberry first probably because blackberry is common in naija so it was a marketing strategy
thats just the truth about it. I keep telling them. The use the part of the world they are saying and generalize it. An andriod device can do what ever a bb can do twice better and faster. Its a fact.
Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by Wislet(f): 4:14pm On Oct 21, 2012
pls does anyone have a BB he wants to quit using? #fully functional#
no payment. See it as charity winklol
bring it this way.
Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by Wislet(f): 4:15pm On Oct 21, 2012
caukerzee: thats just the truth about it. I keep telling them. The use the part of the world they are saying and generalize it. An andriod device can do what ever a bb can do twice better and faster. Its a fact.
does it have an unlimited data plan?
Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by caukerzee(m): 4:39pm On Oct 21, 2012
Wislet: does it have an unlimited data plan?
the fact that you cant afford the charges, doesnt mean i cant.
Re: Be Nice To Your Sad Friends With Blackberries By Sam Biddle by Wislet(f): 4:39pm On Oct 21, 2012
To me, BB is only needed(talking for myself) for its unlimited data plan.
It's internet friendly.
Aside from that..... e5 rocks.
tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Blackberry Questions Answered Here: / Facebook VS Google: Battle To Acquire Whatsapp / Glo 1k Is Now 1G Officially for Android and Non BlackBerry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.