Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,499 members, 7,819,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 (23330 Views)

Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread / Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 / Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by Tolaaaaannni(f): 3:56am On Oct 23, 2012
manny4life:

I don't watch FAUX at all, embarassed embarassed

grin grin
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by manny4life(m): 3:56am On Oct 23, 2012
shymexx:

Its 59% to Obama and 39% to Romney right now, but 2weeks is a long time...

They have the money to spend to sway the independent voters..

No matter how much money Romney spends, it will not change facts.

Romney was a failure in MA
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by Nobody: 3:56am On Oct 23, 2012
Freiburger:
What are you saying´? do you elect your leader based on the colour of his skin, or his past achievements, so you think the blacks in Michigan will elect Obama even if did so bad in his administration.

98% voted for him in 2008 and they will vote for him again regardless!
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by Seun(m): 3:57am On Oct 23, 2012
omo_to_dun: Also interesting is the fact that Nigerians know more about the manifesto of American politicians than that of their leaders.
We know our leaders' manifestos. Thief thief, lie lie. There's not much to know, so it's boring. The nuance and complexity of the American system is awesome.
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by dramenda(f): 3:57am On Oct 23, 2012
MILLIONS STILL ON WELFARE,WELL AM STILL UNDECIDED. cool
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by Nobody: 3:57am On Oct 23, 2012
Romney is a dangerous guy to be entrusted with the greatest presidency in the world. We still don't know who the real Romney is. No matter your position, Romney agrees with you. He has changed his positions on almost everything from abortion, immigration, troops withdrawal, Cracking down on China etc. He is just willing to say anything to be elected. Nobody knows the true position of Romney on any point.

But the sad true: he seems to be on road to white house.

2 Likes

Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by Nobody: 3:58am On Oct 23, 2012
manny4life:

No matter how much money Romney spends, it will not change facts.

Don't say that, money and electioneering can change the dynamics...
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by manny4life(m): 3:58am On Oct 23, 2012
dramenda: MILLIONS STILL ON WELFARE,WELL AM STILL UNDECIDED. cool

Please, VOTE FOR OBAMA, LET'S MAKE CHANGE TOGETHER. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by Nobody: 3:58am On Oct 23, 2012
Sky Blue:

This thing has more nuances. It is not necessarily about Romney idealism but more about Anti Obama sentiment. America woke up a couple of years ago and realised they actually elected Obama. Romney might be bad, but he is manageable with the Anit Obama camp. The Republican camp has run on making Obama a one term president. This thing isn't so straightforward. Obama had to make Romney look unmanageable, he didn't. Romney came out not as bad as YOU think he did. Trust me on that. Romney even made sense on China.
trust you?who are you
my parents did not waste money on my education and i have been doing researches on these candidates,rem that Romney has been running from 8 years and he has said so many things in that time,so what do we believe? or which romney do we believe
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by nitlad: 3:59am On Oct 23, 2012
shymexx:

I know why you feel that way...

However, he used to be a governor there and he achieved a lot as a governor..
He left office with approval ratings at less than %35 bloke. Not such a darling governor afterall.
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by Freiburger(m): 3:59am On Oct 23, 2012
shymexx:

98% voted for him in 2008 and they will vote for him again regardless!

That is the naked truth, But must that be?
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by dramenda(f): 3:59am On Oct 23, 2012
Seun:
We know our leaders' manifestos. Thief thief, lie lie. There's not much to know, so it's boring. The nuance and complexity of the American system is awesome.

U THINK cool
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by DonaldGenes(m): 3:59am On Oct 23, 2012
Hahaha 'Mitt Romneysia' sounding like Obama tonite,in short Mitt almost mistakenly throwing a careless Punch at George Bush outside the ring,can you imagine?btw am wondering how Bush would savour that punch?MItt was once again Flip flopping,chief among them changing his mind on almost every foreign policy,That was more of a technical knockout for Obama,looking at the way Romney was basically hugging some of the Obama's policy
i think Mitt should appologise to The Americans for being cynic
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by Nobody: 3:59am On Oct 23, 2012
ekt_bear:

Well, Northeast Republicans are almost Democrats. You can win many liberal states running as a pro-choice, almost leftist Republican.

But that is different trying to win such a state as a fiscally and socially conservative Republican presidential candidate.

The bolded part describes Romney and his achievements in MA..
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by Tolaaaaannni(f): 4:00am On Oct 23, 2012

I will never get you undecided voters..... Its either you are for someone or against. Its not that complicated, just do

some research and vote for the candidate that suit your taste! easy peasy.
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by SkyBlue1: 4:00am On Oct 23, 2012
milehigh06:
trust you?who are you
my parents did not waste money on my education and i have been doing researches on these candidates,rem that Romney has been running from 8 years and he has said so many things in that time,so what do we believe? or which romney do we believe

I have heard you, move it along please.
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by KayDee4: 4:00am On Oct 23, 2012

They wont be when the economy eventually recovers but they will remain there if Romney takes the economy back to the Bush.
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by Nobody: 4:00am On Oct 23, 2012
Seun:

Slice it anyhow, Nigerian politicians are selfish. Some embezzle, some don't. SOme appoint even their wives as senators, some permanent secretary. From left and right, there is nothing to hold as manifesto. We are just trying to choose between two bad choices. Unfortunately, we have to call one better than the other.

1 Like

Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by Nobody: 4:00am On Oct 23, 2012
nitlad: He left office with approval ratings at less than %35 bloke. Not such a darling governor afterall.

What's Obama's approval ratings right now?

How many present governors have a better approval rating?

1 Like

Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by Seun(m): 4:00am On Oct 23, 2012
shymexx: Its 59% to Obama and 39% to Romney right now, but 2weeks is a long time...

They have the money to spend to sway the independent voters..
I think that's significant. Many people are voting for Romney because they feel he was a good governor, but the people he ruled don't like him.
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by manny4life(m): 4:01am On Oct 23, 2012
shymexx:

Don't say that, money and electioneering can change the dynamics...

Money is the key component of any election, if not, why did the Koch brothers give about $400 million to Romney's Campaign? Btw, change the dynamics of what exactly? Don't you know wrongful, incorrect ads sway undecided voters, but when there's resources to counter it for the truth, LIES WILL BE EXPOSED.
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by Nobody: 4:01am On Oct 23, 2012
My exam went well cool

What I want to ask Mitt Romney is, if you agree with President Obama so much, then why exactly are you running for president? Walahi, the man was just short of endorsing the president. Desperate attempt to come to the middle. Surprising? Hardly. Newt Gingrich warned republicans of this back in January.

5 Likes

Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by nitlad: 4:01am On Oct 23, 2012
A-40:

Key battleground states like VA and OH are Blue territory. FL might decide this elections again
No buddy. Its Ohio that would decide this! Florida has had its turn lol.
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by Seun(m): 4:02am On Oct 23, 2012
In what areas do you feel Romney would be a better president?
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by Nobody: 4:02am On Oct 23, 2012
Freiburger:
That is the naked truth, But must that be?

That's how it works - it's more about the significance of the position for most black people, not his policies...

And most black people vote for democrats anyway...
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by Nobody: 4:02am On Oct 23, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:

I will never get you undecided voters.....
no mind them,all the ad,all the internet,all the cnn,msnbc,false news and co and they are stillundecided,are they that dumb,go and spend 5 days on the web and do researches,u will make a decision,they have been running for yrs
nitlad: No buddy. Its Ohio that would decide this! Florida has had its turn lol.

It was Ohio in 2004 though lol.
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by Nobody: 4:03am On Oct 23, 2012

2 Likes

Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by manny4life(m): 4:04am On Oct 23, 2012
shymexx:

That's how it works - it's more about the significance of the position for most black people, not his policies...

And most black people vote for democrats anyway...

Well, that's kind of true because most black folks have social ideologies as opposed to others, however, Obama is loved in Detroit not only because he's black, but he had Detroit's back.
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by KayDee4: 4:04am On Oct 23, 2012
shymexx:

The bolded part describes Romney and his achievements in MA..

Story, the democrats are naturally cooperative but the current house republicans are just too evil minded.

Even fellow republicans like Olympia Snowe got fed up by their f00lishness and quit out of frustration.
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by Nobody: 4:04am On Oct 23, 2012
@Tolaaaaani: Senator Portman made the comment to CNN's John Acosta.
Re: Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 by Nobody: 4:04am On Oct 23, 2012
Seun:
I think that's significant. Many people are voting for Romney because they feel he was a good governor, but the people he ruled don't like him.

I doubt the bolded part - he was left-leaning when he was a governor over there..

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Russia Got Richer By $600 Billion While U.S Lost $6 Trillion Last Year (Photo) / Yoweri Museveni: Life Cannot Stop Because We Banned Facebook / South African Army Deploy In Cape Town - Local Drug Wars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.