Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,928 members, 7,810,581 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

Disadvantages Of Being Handsome - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Disadvantages Of Being Handsome (25443 Views)

Disadvantages Of Being Handsome [MUST READ] / Disadvantages Of Being Handsome / Disadvantages Of Being Handsome: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disadvantages Of Being Handsome by Ikengawo: 7:07am On Oct 24, 2012
I'd say i'm a pretty handsome guy, and girls tell me so so i have no reason to argue.
but I did notice that it only started later in my life, i guess i matured well idk.
Plus i work out more, eat healthier and dress better than I used to, so i'm sure that makes a difference.
So I have noticed a stark difference in the way i'm treated (remember i live in the US so it may be different for US readers)

1. Gays- Gay men stare at men the way men stare at women. It's annoying and infuriating and makes me want to fight but I'm not an idiot so i refrain. Either way the worst part about it is gay men staring or trying to talk to you. So when a guy you think is straight glances at your arm or chest. Abomination

2. Older Women- Older women are pushy and aggressive and don't know when to turn it off. The worst part is the boldest ones are the ugliest more condemned cargo. You have a flock of obasanjo looking women constantly making you uncomfortable. The worst is they're openly biased towards you and will talk about you to everyone creating a lot of awkward tension and unwanted attention.

3. Assumed to be a player- Women assume you're a player for no reason. They'll take you less seriously and question your motives the whole time.

4. Jealous Men- The most women think im handsome the more men want to fight or beef me. They constantly think I'm trying to compete with them, and CONSTANTY beefing and fighting are key. What makes it worst is a lot of their girlfriends will try to give them an impression that they like you so that their boyfriend can fight you and she can feel like he loves her more. Men become more preoccupied with you and your motives and life becomes more dramatic and complex.

5. Being called gay- The stereotype in the US is if you're an attractive well dress man you're gay as Americans expect their men to be simple dressers and not good looking.

6. Attracting useless women- Sure you attract more girls, but with the quantity comes a drop in quality. You'll constantly run into useless superficial women with no substance while the ones with substance are not phased or impressed by your looks.

7.Amebor- Everyone's in your business and wants to know who you're sleeping with.

8. Voltrons- You get women that you don't want that won't leave you alone no matter what. They'll stalk your facebook liking everything you do, constantly talk about you, and acting like you're their best friend. A lot of them will being acting like they're your best friend before they tell you their name. You can always find these if they use your name in every sentence while talking to you.

9. Women playing games with your name- lastly, women will use your name to play games. If you joke with one she'll tell everyone you were flirting with her. If you flirt with her she'll tell everyone you guys were 'talking' or 'had something'. If you sleep with one girl, any girl you like they will tell that one girl that you slept with the previous girl. They'll gossip with your name to build themselves up and to tear down your chances with other women out of jealousy.

Like i said, I've probably matured well but it didn't used to be this way. Either way I'm happy with the way I look now

[size=15pt]www..com[/size]

13 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Being Handsome by Rooneyboy(m): 7:20am On Oct 24, 2012
ur points were just ok, but coming down to put up an ill man's photo is not good @ all.

Why did u have to do that ?
Re: Disadvantages Of Being Handsome by Ikengawo: 7:21am On Oct 24, 2012
...that's me..
Re: Disadvantages Of Being Handsome by Oahray: 8:07am On Oct 24, 2012
I think I know what ur problem is. Its not being handsome, its Narcisism! I'd bet my favourite nairalander (don't even have any yet) that you are simply indulging in your fantasies. We the truly handsome dudes don't complain about it.

5 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Being Handsome by Mynd44: 8:15am On Oct 24, 2012
Vanity

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Being Handsome by 7footre(m): 11:58am On Oct 24, 2012
Don't be so full of ya self pretty boy
Re: Disadvantages Of Being Handsome by fairygeh(f): 12:23pm On Oct 24, 2012
Lwkmd,just passing,thought it was only girls dat are so self consciousundecided

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Being Handsome by 190theclown: 12:27pm On Oct 24, 2012
No wonder all 7 of my girlfriends and all women(ses) here on nairaland call me VOLTRON BOY cool
Re: Disadvantages Of Being Handsome by olumaxi(m): 12:39pm On Oct 24, 2012
190-the-clown:
No wonder all 7 of my girlfriends and all women(ses) here on nairaland call me VOLTRON BOY cool
u and dis ur 7 galfrnds sha
Re: Disadvantages Of Being Handsome by 190theclown: 12:40pm On Oct 24, 2012
^its not easy and so far am doing a good job cool
Re: Disadvantages Of Being Handsome by esere826: 12:41pm On Oct 24, 2012
@OP
Being 'roughly and manly' handsome is not bad grin

The only challenge is that beutiful girls try to avoid u,
girls do a lot of circles around you but never approach you directly cos you look intimidating
you are considered a player before you say hello (especially if you are also a smooth talker)
girls are therefore always on guard around you

5 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Being Handsome by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 24, 2012
Oahray: I think I know what ur problem is. Its not being handsome, its Narcisism! I'd bet my favourite nairalander (don't even have any yet) that you are simply indulging in your fantasies. We the truly handsome dudes don't complain about it.
lolololol.
Is this a contest for the most handsome?
Re: Disadvantages Of Being Handsome by ismokeweed1(f): 12:43pm On Oct 24, 2012
hmm . . .
is it this op that looks like 'oluku' at that usa deportee camp that managed to find a working 3310 to post this crap?

Anyhow sha, enjoy

still INHALING & EXHALING !!!
Re: Disadvantages Of Being Handsome by davades(m): 12:46pm On Oct 24, 2012
#3 and 6
Re: Disadvantages Of Being Handsome by slap1(m): 12:46pm On Oct 24, 2012
True. Numbers 3, 4, 5, and 9 are applicable to me. I always try to be nice to them all, which is not easy at all. . .my course-mates and friends would always joke about many girls showing up in wedding gowns on my wedding day!
Re: Disadvantages Of Being Handsome by MrsChima(f): 12:48pm On Oct 24, 2012
Copycat! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Being Handsome by highlandre(m): 12:48pm On Oct 24, 2012
None. If you doubt me, try being ugly and you'll be stunned by how being ugly can make you lose an opportunity where you're most qualified. Although for Naija na money matter pass o wink grin tongue

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Being Handsome by ghettodreamz(m): 12:48pm On Oct 24, 2012
Everybody watch skammer don enta da thread... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Being Handsome by dopeJemi: 12:49pm On Oct 24, 2012
Guy put ur picture mk we see undecided

3 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Being Handsome by blabber15(f): 12:49pm On Oct 24, 2012
Gay guys hit on you, and girls assume you're gay. You obviously give off gay vibes. Maybe you should re-examine your sexuality. Just saying dude
Re: Disadvantages Of Being Handsome by adicious(m): 12:49pm On Oct 24, 2012
this guy was just saying my mind...
Re: Disadvantages Of Being Handsome by IyfeNamikaze(m): 12:51pm On Oct 24, 2012
yeah.. Dat true bro,most of the things u said there are hapening to me, but execpt for d guy experience. Thunder go fire any1 wey near my side.
I'v been stalked by pretty girls and ugly ones alike.
Got myself d most beautiful girl on campus( but i dont tink its bcuz of my looks,maybe cuz i was kind and quite... Shy though)
But all these things are just nothing to me. Everybody is handsome, i just the way u present urself thats d issue.
Re: Disadvantages Of Being Handsome by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 24, 2012
There is no disadvantage in being handsome....nt at all.... Execpt u are then raped by gays....
Re: Disadvantages Of Being Handsome by lifestyle1(m): 12:53pm On Oct 24, 2012
Ikengawo:

3. Assumed to be a player- Women assume you're a player for no reason. They'll take you less seriously and question your motives the whole time.

I Agree with this point. undecided
Re: Disadvantages Of Being Handsome by samtoye(m): 12:56pm On Oct 24, 2012
wow !!!! This is what idleness would do to a mind !!!!

3 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Being Handsome by pendusky(m): 12:56pm On Oct 24, 2012
No wonder....
Re: Disadvantages Of Being Handsome by Ejine(m): 12:57pm On Oct 24, 2012
The gay aspect is quite true, although I've learned how to politely tell them off without hurting their pride/confidence.
I encounter them mostly when I'm taking the bus.
Back in Chicago though, they're pretty straightforward with you, unlike the Nigerian ones who are pretty shy/scared to tell you how they roll, out of fear of getting stigmatized.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Things That Are Hurting Your Partner And Killing Your Relationship. / Today Is My Last Day On Earth / Kate Henshaw Dances Into The New Year (photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.