Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,533 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals (13314 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Archbishop Onaiyekan, Bishops Kick. / Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others / Cardinal Onaiyekan Disowns Recent Interview Against President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Nobody: 10:58pm On Oct 24, 2012
There are two churches I know: CATHOLIC AND THE OTHERS... Congrats Cardinal Onaiyekan!

1 Like

Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Nobody: 11:33pm On Oct 24, 2012
Josh316:

your Moronic imbecility is awesome!! keep being such a brain-damaged animal...
you open the unfortunate cavity to spew trash against me? if you DON'T HAVE a superior argument or facts, why not resign to farting from your ar.se which by the way makes much more sense than opening the anatomical mistake you call a mouth(if you have any at all)
its such dumb infantile twats like you that make me pissed!
you have NO BRAINS and you wanna be relevant to society...PATHETIC BUFFOON!

On sunday, you will go and receive holy communion, forgetting the fact that you have the abusive mouth of an agbero.

Halleluyah!

1 Like

Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Josh316(m): 11:39pm On Oct 24, 2012
Logicboy03:

On sunday, you will go and receive holy communion, forgetting the fact that you have the abusive mouth of an agbero.

Halleluyah!

And you who have become God, congrats!! you sound like a Manshawo! PU.SS.Y Face!! if you aint got anything SENSIBLE to say, just PASS quietly, dunce!
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Nobody: 11:41pm On Oct 24, 2012
Josh316:

And you who have become God, congrats!! you sound like a Manshawo! PU.SS.Y Face!! if you aint got anything SENSIBLE to say, just PASS quietly, dunce!

grin grin grin

Calm down, you sound like you are sexually frustrated. Are you one of those sworn to celibacy?
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Joe5(m): 12:11am On Oct 25, 2012
Peter262: THE WORLD OLDEST CULT HAS APPOINTED ANODA CARDINAL FROM NAIJA, ANTI CHRIST IS REALY AT WORK, THE POPE IS THE MESSENGER OF SATAN FROM HELL, AM A PURE PROTESTANT AGAINST ANTICHRIST CUZ CATHOLIC IS NOT A CHUTCH BUT A CULT. EMMANUEL MILINGO WHERE ARE YOU, READ UR BIBLE AD FORGET ABOUT THIS WOLVES IN SHEEP CLOTHING. TIME TO PRAY TO GOD. GO AD READ JERMIAHE33;3
brother, all these apostacies from you alone ? Have nothing more tn say to you but this prayer' kyrie elleison.
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Samabu07(m): 12:47am On Oct 25, 2012
iykak47: You don't believe in God, oya clap for yourself, is it the only reason you are having a swollen head? Catholic Church does not miss you.

Congratulation your Eminence.
Looooooooolzzzz
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by bebrief(m): 12:56am On Oct 25, 2012
Congratulations to His Eminence, John Cardinal Onaiyekan!
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Policewoman(f): 1:03am On Oct 25, 2012
Logicboy03:

Lol, the offerings, the tax breaks, govt donations and businesses (Mass bulletins sales shocked, ads in the bulletins, sales of rosaries shocked shocked, bibles etc) are all nothing?
Are you just plain dum/b or you just like talking even when you have nothing meaningful to say?
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Nobody: 1:06am On Oct 25, 2012
Policewoman: Are you just plain dum/b or you just like talking even when you have nothing meaningful to say?

You must be foolish. Do you have a problem with the fact that catholic churches make money off sales of bulletins and rosaries etc?
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Policewoman(f): 1:09am On Oct 25, 2012
the.game:
just what i needed to hear, now i have another question for, are you agnostic or an atheist.
He is a hardcore atheist now. We earnestly pray he repents and asks God for forgiveness before it is too late.
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Policewoman(f): 1:12am On Oct 25, 2012
Logicboy03:

You must be foolish. Do you have a problem with the fact that catholic churches make money off sales of bulletins and rosaries etc?
Bulletins and rosaries are so cheap and affordable that it doesn't even add anything to the Church's pocket. There are many other ways the church funds herself. No need telling you cos u r an atheist.
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Nobody: 1:17am On Oct 25, 2012
Policewoman: Bulletins and rosaries are so cheap and affordable that it doesn't even add anything to the Church's pocket. There are many other ways the church funds herself. No need telling you cos u r an atheist.

Bulletin was N100 2 years ago at my church.

100 * 4 masses * 500 people per mass = 200,000 every sunday plus another N50,000 from Bulletin ads

about N1,000,000 in bulletin income every month.

Think before you talk
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Policewoman(f): 1:24am On Oct 25, 2012
Logicboy03:

Bulletin was N100 2 years ago at my church.

100 * 4 masses * 500 people per mass = 200,000 every sunday plus another N50,000 from Bulletin ads

about N1,000,000 in bulletin income every month.

Think before you talk

Hahahaaaaa...... chai! Gi bu nwa efuola. Even here in Abuja and even in P.H they sell as low as N20 and N50. If u r telling the truth oya tell me the name of the parish and the location. Moreover, buying the bulletin in most if not all churches is optional. You can still use your missal or bible for the readings. By the way, what made you renounce God? I'm interested in converting you back before it is too late.
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Nobody: 1:36am On Oct 25, 2012
Policewoman: Hahahaaaaa...... chai! Gi bu nwa efuola. Even here in Abuja and even in P.H they sell as low as N20 and N50. If u r telling the truth oya tell me the name of the parish and the location. Moreover, buying the bulletin in most if not all churches is optional. You can still use your missal or bible for the readings. By the way, what made you renounce God? I'm interested in converting you back before it is too late.

Lagos boi!

St Dominic/Agnes/Leos.

Who carries bible to a catholic church?
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Nobody: 1:42am On Oct 25, 2012
Policewoman: Hahahaaaaa...... chai! Gi bu nwa efuola. Even here in Abuja and even in P.H they sell as low as N20 and N50. If u r telling the truth oya tell me the name of the parish and the location. Moreover, buying the bulletin in most if not all churches is optional. You can still use your missal or bible for the readings. By the way, what made you renounce God? I'm interested in converting you back before it is too late.

Anyways!

I left God by reading the bible.

The bible regulates slavery and you see God commanding the isrealites to take slaves;

Leviticus 25:44
"Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves."

Titus 2:9
"Teach slaves to be subject to their masters in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them"

Do you know that slavery was enshrined in catholic canon law in the by Pope Gregory IX?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_and_slavery#Slavery_incorporated_into_canon_law
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by tpia5: 3:00am On Oct 25, 2012
abdulsleek, logicboy, macdaddy, etc.
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by bleufaucon: 4:00am On Oct 25, 2012
floriana: It is in useless and inconsequential matters like this that Nigeria comes tops. Am tempted to ask how this appointment contributes to solution to flooding and corruption in Nigeria. Mtchewwww!

Thank u joor...RCC belongs to Satan!
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Ubenedictus(m): 4:12am On Oct 25, 2012
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by bleufaucon: 4:17am On Oct 25, 2012
Aro Okigbo:
Black pope? Did you mean a black man who is a pope?

Good question. Black pope exists already..The jesuits control the nefarious Romish church,a flagrantly immoral and corrupt system,emanating from a history tainted with the blood of the innocents. The jesuist priests and their head are the masters behind the RCC. They are well trained in military tactics,espionage and surreptitious activities. Some speak as many as 8 to 12 languages with unprecedented ease..They have all the gold,diamond and the wealth of entire empires,past and present. The papacy is not a pacific entity hence their support for war and chaos! Only the simple and gullible will yield reason to exonerated this evil and ominous system of any blame!
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Ubenedictus(m): 4:17am On Oct 25, 2012
solbil: its long overdue. It seems the pope is aware of his demise anytime soon. Despite this, the possiblity of seeing a pope from sub-saharan africa is still very slim. Can you imagine a black pope!
benedict isnt going anywhere, he is becoming more and more physically weak but he isnt dying. The cardinal with a right in conclave MUST be at all times about 120, benedict is simply making sure. And i wont be suprise if arinze is d next pope.
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Alfred96p(m): 4:44am On Oct 25, 2012
Logicboy03:

Lol, the offerings, the tax breaks, govt donations and businesses (Mass bulletins sales, ads in the bulletins, sales of rosaries, bibles etc) are all nothing?
lol! So mass bulletins where d ads appear are now free manna-s, werent dey printed. Funi enof, in my church, the total selling price of the bulletin is not equal to its total cost price. Nor has PHCN curtailed our fees! Tax breaks? Govt donatns?
In short, u making no point,
U kno, dey eat the OFFERING; buy cars, ceremonial clothes, gold and bury or burn the remaining. Ask d matured of 1970's, 80's and co., dey'll tell u hw catholic missionaries alleviated our educational system. Lot of countries in africa stil far down.
Evn if dey eat d cash! Den wat? If u've got a probs wit dat den dont release again! Abi?
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Ubenedictus(m): 4:52am On Oct 25, 2012
cold: Catholicism & slavery are like Siamese twins.The Catholic church did not condemn slavery till 1965!The black man just continues to trudge in this world like zombies.They remain in chains & mentally enslaved.When will these people wake up from their slumber?It's a sorry state of affairs
you are a very big liar chattel slavery was condemn by the church as early as 1435. Do u want a proof-based discussion or are you only interested in making unfounded claims?
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Ubenedictus(m): 4:54am On Oct 25, 2012
Peter262: THE WORLD OLDEST CULT HAS APPOINTED ANODA CARDINAL FROM NAIJA, ANTI CHRIST IS REALY AT WORK, THE POPE IS THE MESSENGER OF SATAN FROM HELL, AM A PURE PROTESTANT AGAINST ANTICHRIST CUZ CATHOLIC IS NOT A CHUTCH BUT A CULT. EMMANUEL MILINGO WHERE ARE YOU, READ UR BIBLE AD FORGET ABOUT THIS WOLVES IN SHEEP CLOTHING. TIME TO PRAY TO GOD. GO AD READ JERMIAHE33;3
milingo has been excommunicated by benedict. Besides what is your problem with milingo
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Ubenedictus(m): 5:06am On Oct 25, 2012
Logicboy03:

See this brainwashed christian!
The catholic church makes a huge profit off the bulletins. You forget that the catholic church has its own printing presses.
my parish doesnt have a printing press and my parish pays heavy for bullentin, bullentin is a really bad part of church account because every month offering money is invested in bulletin and nothing comes out of it. Where did u get ur information?
The govt donations and tax free status of churches is another source of income from them.
at least not in niaja, it is almost imposible for d government to donate to the church, make ur research
The catholic church in rome is worth over $1 billion. dont be a fool
this is another misinformation, the roman see isnt worth 1millon dollars in liquid asset, the billions people talk about isnt physical cash, they are immovable assets, sacred items and christian ancient art. Shuld we sell our churches to satisfy the big mouth of logicboy??
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by DWJOBScom(m): 5:07am On Oct 25, 2012
That was a great and calm explanation Josh - I must applaud u.....in the midst of tempered words u have been able come up with a calm explanation leaving out the spitfire incivility that accorded the earlier line, u chose to ignore it and come up with great line - well done. For the record am not of the Roman Catholic faith but I fear God
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Ubenedictus(m): 5:21am On Oct 25, 2012
bleufaucon:

Good question. Black pope exists already..The jesuits control the nefarious Romish church,a flagrantly immoral and corrupt system,emanating from a history tainted with the blood of the innocents. The jesuist priests and their head are the masters behind the RCC. They are well trained in military tactics,espionage and surreptitious activities. Some speak as many as 8 to 12 languages with unprecedented ease..They have all the gold,diamond and the wealth of entire empires,past and present. The papacy is not a pacific entity hence their support for war and chaos! Only the simple and gullible will yield reason to exonerated this evil and ominous system of any blame!
u are a liar, d jesuit cant control d church becos they are an instrument of the church, the cant have d stuff of d empires becos all d empires had fallen b4 st ignatius started d jesuit. The speak many languages becos one of their job is to preach across boundaries. Go and make real research and stop been superstitious spewing forth conspiracy theories

1 Like

Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Ubenedictus(m): 5:28am On Oct 25, 2012
Logicboy03:

See this ignoramus!

The catholic church is making billions off Africa and you are there praising them for the millions they put.

d cash that leaves niaja for rome is 2nd collection done once a year, it is called peter's pence. Most pipo i know put in 5 or 10naira, where does the million dollar come from?
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Nobody: 5:50am On Oct 25, 2012
Ubenedictus: d cash that leaves niaja for rome is 2nd collection done once a year, it is called peter's pence. Most pipo i know put in 5 or 10naira, where does the million dollar come from?

Are you an accountant for the catholic church? Do you even know what they do with half of the funds they raise with their business ventures? Abeg.
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Nobody: 6:00am On Oct 25, 2012
Alfred96p:
lol! So mass bulletins where d ads appear are now free manna-s, werent dey printed. Funi enof, in my church, the total selling price of the bulletin is not equal to its total cost price. Nor has PHCN curtailed our fees! Tax breaks? Govt donatns?
In short, u making no point,
U kno, dey eat the OFFERING; buy cars, ceremonial clothes, gold and bury or burn the remaining. Ask d matured of 1970's, 80's and co., dey'll tell u hw catholic missionaries alleviated our educational system. Lot of countries in africa stil far down.
Evn if dey eat d cash! Den wat? If u've got a probs wit dat den dont release again! Abi?

See this catholic slave! Keep lying for the catholic church and lying for Jesus. I like how you avoided the point of sales of catholic merchandise.

Back to the point of bulletins. Why did all of you focus majorly on bulletins? Out of ignorance because the price of bulletins is sometimes low. Have you ever heard of quantity? What really matters is how many people buy the bulletins. CVP analysis.

Oh and the church does enjoy tax free status the last time I checked and my deputy governor gives millions to the catholic church.

On the point of education system. I would let you know that the catholic church supported the slavery of our people. The British had been in Nigeria for 300 years before they put the first school in Nigeria. The first school in Nigeria came after the abolition of slavery. Apparently, your catholic bros thought for a long time that the african monkeys didnt need schools

Go and read about your Pope Gegory IX who put slavery into canon law. Read your catholic history
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Nobody: 6:05am On Oct 25, 2012
solbil: its long overdue. It seems the pope is aware of his demise anytime soon. Despite this, the possiblity of seeing a pope from sub-saharan africa is still very slim. Can you imagine a black pope!
True, very hard to imagine a black pope..atleast there's a saint from Nigeria...
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Nobody: 6:08am On Oct 25, 2012
Ubenedictus:
my parish doesnt have a printing press and my parish pays heavy for bullentin, bullentin is a really bad part of church account because every month offering money is invested in bulletin and nothing comes out of it. Where did u get ur information? at least not in niaja, it is almost imposible for d government to donate to the church, make ur research
this is another misinformation, the roman see isnt worth 1millon dollars in liquid asset, the billions people talk about isnt physical cash, they are immovable assets, sacred items and christian ancient art. Shuld we sell our churches to satisfy the big mouth of logicboy??

1) The catholic church has a vatican bank. Seriously, do you want tot lie again that the catholic churhc doiesnt have millions in cash or that the bank trades in paintings?

2) Who cares if your parish doesnt have a printing press? Some do. Even if they dont, who told you that they dont make profit from outsourcing it?

3) My deputy gov donates millions to the catholic church. Why is it impossible for gobt to donate to the catolic church? Why do yu lie?
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by kacheezy: 7:04am On Oct 25, 2012
As an atheist I love the hot exchanges btw the conservative and liberal Christians...what did your bible say about a house divided against itself?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Driver Preaching On The Steering / Pastor Sign-Fireman "Heals" Enebeli Elebuwa / The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.