Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,350 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals (13312 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Archbishop Onaiyekan, Bishops Kick. / Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others / Cardinal Onaiyekan Disowns Recent Interview Against President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Kokopos(m): 1:21pm On Oct 25, 2012
Logicboy03:

Na pentecostal you be?

Am a Roman Catholic. Are you suprised? My bro you need Christ in your life, with Christ you will be a better person.
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 25, 2012
Kokopos:

Am a Roman Catholic. Are you suprised? My bro you need Christ in your life, with Christ you will be a better person.

Did our ancestors need christ? Do the Japanese need christ?

Religion is not necessary to be good. A life without christ is still a life
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Kokopos(m): 1:35pm On Oct 25, 2012
Logicboy03:

Did our ancestors need christ? Do the Japanese need christ?

Religion is not necessary to be good. A life without christ is still a life

Good for you then, but you are lossing it.
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by kacheezy: 1:35pm On Oct 25, 2012
Kokopos:

THE DOG THE gods WANT TO KILL DOES NOT HEAR ITS NAME WHEN ITS CALLED. BE CAREFUL BRO
Shut up! And if he is not careful? What will you do? You priests are pedophile and your stupid pope protects them.Go to hell!
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by kacheezy: 1:41pm On Oct 25, 2012
Kokopos:

Good for you then, but you are lossing it.
Die hard catholic...more catholic than the Romans...I hope you don't molest children like your priests or cover up crime like your Nazi pope.
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by okpurukata(f): 3:17pm On Oct 25, 2012
Congratulations Cardinal Onaiyekan. May God continue to use you in the works of salvation in this nation Nigeria. You are blessed. Ur impact in creating harmony in inter religious matters is legendry.
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Ubenedictus(m): 4:49pm On Oct 25, 2012
Logicboy03:
lol.......stop making claims that you cant back. I said the catholic church makes billions from Africa and explained how.
You are claiming things about the catholic church in Rome whose dealings are mostly not known to outsiders. How do you know what leaves naija and what doesnt? Liar
u are very dishonest. The vatican isnt rich it is almost alway in deficit and is alway bailed out by d american bishop. Apart from peters pence noting goes to d vatican from nigeria.
Since u asked for proof he it is http://em.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy-of-Vatican-City
http://business.highbeam.com/4545/article-1G1-126240209/pope-rich-and-other-vatican-myths
ijawkid u are a liar, diocese have financial autonomy and donot give d vatican their money.
U are very dishonest.
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Ubenedictus(m): 4:51pm On Oct 25, 2012
kacheezy:
Die hard catholic...more catholic than the Romans...I hope you don't molest children like your priests or cover up crime like your Nazi pope.
ad hominem attacks. U shuld learn not to argue like a f.ool
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Ubenedictus(m): 4:56pm On Oct 25, 2012
Logicboy03:

Is there any difference between the personal money of politicians and govt money in Niaja? Who is being intellectua;;y dishonest here?

Why are you claiming a strawman. The catholic church is worth over a billion dollars. You claimed that they didnt have much cash and I told you that they have a bank. There is no bank that doesnt have liquid assets. They must have a lot of cash as well. Yes, they have assets like paintings and artifacts but they are still worth a billion dollars.

Your catholic church is the most corrupt and greedy organisation the world has ever seen. For every work of charity, they get a return in offerings and conversions.

We havent even visited the history of how the catholic church bankrolled some governments.
ijawkid has started pasting false information, are we suppose to sell our churches to satisfy u?? Having a bank doesnt make me owner of money, it makes me a custodian of other peoples money. D vatican doesnt make as much as it spend, and most of her spendings are on charity.
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Ubenedictus(m): 5:07pm On Oct 25, 2012
Logicboy03:
Nonsense.
Slavery was put into canon by pope Gregory IX in the early 13th century.
u see ur lie, what slavery did gregory put into canon law? Is it chattel slavery? No it is. Some of d forms of slavery gregory called "just" are there even today and supported by every law in the world.
A criminal is sentence to yrs of hard labour, that is involutary servitude and gregory clearly said it was just and it remains just even today. Do you have a problem with that? Voluntary servitude is also just do you have a problem with that? That which is unjust is chattel slavery and the catholic popes have alway condemned it. If u have a poblem, speak.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_and_slavery#Slavery_incorporated_into_canon_law
Even your pope has apologised for the church involvement in slavery;

As reported by the Evangelist in 2000, official publication of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Albany, "... Pope John Paul II has called on the Church to recognize and apologize for its failures during the first 2000 years of Christianity. Foremost among those failures, according to a panel of scholars, is repression of others in general and anti-Semitism in particular." (49) The scholars were asked: "What is the worst mistake the Church has committed over the past two millennia -- and how can the Church make up for it?" Among the responses was this one regarding slavery: "The Church's silence on or even implicit approval of slavery for almost 2000 years" was its worst mistake, said Rev. Robert Scully, SJ, assistant professor of history at Le Moyne College in Syracuse. "From the New Testament period on, the Church generally accepted slavery as a 'natural' part of socio-economic reality, or spoke of it as a necessary evil," he explained. "As a Jesuit, I am morally embarrassed by the fact that certain Jesuit provinces owned slaves into the 18th and even the 19th centuries. It is a classic -- and particularly chilling -- example of the fact that the Church has often not been at the forefront of moral crusades to end unjust social realities that were too often taken for granted, or not deeply questioned and challenged."

http://www.slaverysite.com/Body/morality.htm
and how does this proof ur point that the church taught chattel slavery? Provide proof that the church supported chattel slavery! I repeat u are dishonest.
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Ubenedictus(m): 5:10pm On Oct 25, 2012
Logicboy03:

Na pentecostal you be?
u are simply showing ur ignorance, nobody stops any body from bringing a bible and yes d priest always quote frm scriptures.
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 25, 2012
Ubenedictus: ijawkid has started pasting false information, are we suppose to sell our churches to satisfy u?? Having a bank doesnt make me owner of money, it makes me a custodian of other peoples money. D vatican doesnt make as much as it spend, and most of her spendings are on charity.

lol......Are you a Vatican accountant? A church that has its own bank and its own city. Does the bank not make profit?

#lying for Jesus
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Ubenedictus(m): 5:39pm On Oct 25, 2012
Logicboy03:

lol......Are you a Vatican accountant? A church that has its own bank and its own city. Does the bank not make profit?

#lying for Jesus
that bank is in debt the last time i checked. Do u have a problem with showing us reliable proof? I just show every one that d only way other diocese help is thru peters pence and i pasted d wikipedia link. Where is ur proof?
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 25, 2012
Ubenedictus: u see ur lie, what slavery did gregory put into canon law? Is it chattel slavery? No it is. Some of d forms of slavery gregory called "just" are there even today and supported by every law in the world.
A criminal is sentence to yrs of hard labour, that is involutary servitude and gregory clearly said it was just and it remains just even today. Do you have a problem with that? Voluntary servitude is also just do you have a problem with that? That which is unjust is chattel slavery and the catholic popes have alway condemned it. If u have a poblem, speak.
and how does this proof ur point that the church taught chattel slavery? Provide proof that the church supported chattel slavery! I repeat u are dishonest.

I am not arguing with you. I have provided you clear evidence that your church was engaged in slavery and you are lying and claiming "just slavery". A christian defending slavery?

Please, what was your Pope apologising for? Why was he apologisiing for slavery if what your church did was right?

As for Pope Gregory IX, the enslavement of people from foreign lands were allowed. The law allowed the enslavement of conquered lands as well. You shamefully call that "just slavery".

You are a shameless pig. I hope you know that the catholic church had a great influence on the slavery of your ancestors in Africa?

Pope Martin V authorized a crusade against Africa in 1418 and this coupled with a later bull (1441) sanctioned the Portuguese trade in African slaves.[70] In March 1425 a bull was issued that threatened excommunication for any Christian slave dealers and ordered Jews to wear a "badge of infamy" to deter, in part, the buying of Christian

"just slavery"--- how can slavery ever be just? Wicked christian
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 25, 2012
Ubenedictus: that bank is in debt the last time i checked. Do u have a problem with showing us reliable proof? I just show every one that d only way other diocese help is thru peters pence and i pasted d wikipedia link. Where is ur proof?

Lying again? No one knows the financial position or worth of the bank as its operations are kept secret and guarded by italian laws.

The were money laundering charges of worth millions of dollars against the bank directors. Surely, they must be making a lot of money for that to happen
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by blocker: 11:09pm On Oct 25, 2012
Peter262: THE WORLD OLDEST CULT HAS APPOINTED ANODA CARDINAL FROM NAIJA, ANTI CHRIST IS REALY AT WORK, THE POPE IS THE MESSENGER OF SATAN FROM HELL, AM A PURE PROTESTANT AGAINST ANTICHRIST CUZ CATHOLIC IS NOT A CHUTCH BUT A CULT. EMMANUEL MILINGO WHERE ARE YOU, READ UR BIBLE AD FORGET ABOUT THIS WOLVES IN SHEEP CLOTHING. TIME TO PRAY TO GOD. GO AD READ JERMIAHE33;3

AS A "PURE PROTESTANT" YOU SHOULD NOT OBSERVE 25TH DAY OF DECEMBER AS CHRISTMAS NOR ADHERE TO ANY DATE SET ASIDE BY THE CATHOLIC CHURCH FOR CELEBRATION OF EASTER BUT RATHER JOIN BOKO HARAM IN BOMBING CHURCHES.YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO TELL THE DIFFERENCE IF YOU SAW ANTI-CHRIST ON TELEVISION OR ON THE STREETS OF NEW YORK. BLOODY PROTESTANT.
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by blocker: 11:11pm On Oct 25, 2012
CONGRATS TO OUR CARDINAL JOHN ONAIYEKAN AND MAY GOD CONTINUE TO LEAD YOU ARIGHT. AMEN.
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by olubat: 12:06am On Oct 26, 2012
Congrats my Lord a well deserved honor may the almighty God see you through in Jesus name Amen.
Next is Bishop Martins O and Matthew Kukah
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Nobody: 5:08am On Oct 26, 2012
Policewoman: You sound like u also were a seminarian. Anyways your argument though valid does not hold water dear. Pope Gregory IX didnt institute slavery. Slavery is as old as christianity itself. I'm happy u quoted some parts in d old testament. Now that is d old testament and Christ has come to make all anew. Concerning Timothy in acts of d apostles, they were living in d era when the Romans dominated and rules the world. Slavery was popular then and there was nothing the new emerging church could do that was humanly possible to stop it. Therefore Paul admonished Timothy to treat his slave as an equal and as a human being. That was also what Christ preached throughout the Bible. Like i said, Christianity was in its infancy then and was still evangelising to the Jews and Gentiles, slaves and free men alike. U will agree wit me that slavery lasted till even the 18th century. Are u now saying it is the church's fault. Mind u, certain Bishops and Doctors of the Church spoke against slavery. The church itself had to evolve with time and i admit there were stages we got things wrong, especially in the medieval period. But i want to ask u if u are a Christian beause of the Pope or because of Jesus Christ your personal lord and saviour who dies for u on the cross? We all have our lives to live, and when we die, we will be judged on our individual merits and not as a church. Heaven and Hell are real. Read the revelations and see that one of the people that will finally be thrown in d lake of fire are those who don't believe in God. Wether u heard d Gospel or not. If u die an atheist im sorry u may be going to hell. Unless of course God decrees otherwise.
Thank you very much for this perfect explanation. If he cannot understand then he doesn't want to.
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by italo: 8:30am On Oct 26, 2012
N_girl: Thank you very much for this perfect explanation. If he cannot understand then he doesn't want to.

Of course he can understand, but doesn't want to.
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 26, 2012
Kokopos:

Thats your choice.In all the Parishes i have attended we were encouraged to bring along our bibles to the church. Most Rev.Fr. Fathers quote from the bible and we are encouraged to look up such quotes from the bible in the church.
[color=#006600][quote author=Kokopos]
Bibles are even shared almost every sunday here in Abuja.
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Ubenedictus(m): 11:12pm On Oct 28, 2012
Logicboy03:

Lying again? No one knows the financial position or worth of the bank as its operations are kept secret and guarded by italian laws.

The were money laundering charges of worth millions of dollars against the bank directors. Surely, they must be making a lot of money for that to happen
d vatican has a bank and u dont know d worth yet u claim nigerian bishops exploit nigeria and take it to d vatican. Wow beautiful proof.
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Ubenedictus(m): 11:14pm On Oct 28, 2012
olubat: Congrats my Lord a well deserved honor may the almighty God see you through in Jesus name Amen.
Next is Bishop Martins O and Matthew Kukah
that wont happen anytime soon, best prediction is that d arch diocese of benin will soon have a card.
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 28, 2012
For all those bordering themselves about the Vatican having a bank, u guys should know that The vatican(HOLY SEA) is a sovereign state and a member of United Nations.
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Nobody: 12:17am On Oct 29, 2012
Cajetan speaks: For all those bordering themselves about the Vatican having a bank, u guys should know that The vatican(HOLY SEA) is a sovereign state and a member of United Nations.

lol.....and what point does that make?
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Nobody: 12:20am On Oct 29, 2012
Ubenedictus: d vatican has a bank and u dont know d worth yet u claim nigerian bishops exploit nigeria and take it to d vatican. Wow beautiful proof.

Who made that claim? What I said was that the catholic church makes billions from Africa. That is a simple fact. Whether they put it in the bank or not was not my concern
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by italo: 7:42am On Oct 29, 2012
The Catholic Church is supposed to starve to death because it is God's Church?
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 29, 2012
italo: The Catholic Church is supposed to starve to death because it is God's Church?

The catholic church is far from starving.

They have lots of things that they could sell and od away with. Look at the pictures of the Vatican and you would start to believe that god loves only rich people
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Nobody: 2:57am On Oct 30, 2012
@logicboy. Name one sovereign state that does not have a central bank? Or keep ur mouth shut. Maybe you don't even knw what a sovereign state status means.
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Nobody: 3:08am On Oct 30, 2012
Cajetan speaks: @logicboy. Name one sovereign state that does not have a central bank? Or keep ur mouth shut. Maybe you don't even knw what a sovereign state status means.

The Vatican City did not have a central bank until 2010/2011. The central bank is separate from the Vatican bank (IOR).

The central bank was created to curb the corruption in the Vatican bank. http://www.romereports.com/palio/pope-creates-a-vatican-central-bank-to-achieve-full-transparency-english-3316.html#.UI81yG9mKSo

Stop lying for Jesus!

I am debunking the catholics here!
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Ubenedictus(m): 4:18pm On Nov 01, 2012
Logicboy03:

Who made that claim? What I said was that the catholic church makes billions from Africa. That is a simple fact. Whether they put it in the bank or not was not my concern
"the vatican makes billions from africa" is a silly idea u assumed and havent been able to back with proof. Where is ur proof of the african billion going to d vatican monthly or yearly. U have refused to provide proof, im i suppose to blive u simply because u say so?
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Ubenedictus(m): 4:22pm On Nov 01, 2012
Logicboy03:

The Vatican City did not have a central bank until 2010/2011. The central bank is separate from the Vatican bank (IOR).

The central bank was created to curb the corruption in the Vatican bank. http://www.romereports.com/palio/pope-creates-a-vatican-central-bank-to-achieve-full-transparency-english-3316.html#.UI81yG9mKSo

Stop lying for Jesus!

I am debunking the catholics here!
u are "debunking catholic here" by refusing to show proof right? Where are d billions going into d vatican account?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Driver Preaching On The Steering / Pastor Sign-Fireman "Heals" Enebeli Elebuwa / The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.