Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,143 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals (13309 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Archbishop Onaiyekan, Bishops Kick. / Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others / Cardinal Onaiyekan Disowns Recent Interview Against President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by OtunbaGm: 7:13am On Oct 25, 2012
Congrat cardinal Onayeikan
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by italo: 7:40am On Oct 25, 2012
Logicboy03:
Bulletin was N100 2 years ago at my church.

Policewoman: Hahahaaaaa...... chai! Gi bu nwa efuola. Even here in Abuja and even in P.H they sell as low as N20 and N50. If u r telling the truth oya tell me the name of the parish and the location.

Logicboy03:
Lagos boi!

St Dominic/Agnes/Leos.

Just to expose the shameless liar and slanderer. Notice the Parishes he mentions and notice the name of the Parish on this bulletin and the price which is under the picture on the bulletin.

N10!

Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Nobody: 7:45am On Oct 25, 2012
italo:

Just to expose the shameless liar and slanderer. Notice the Parishes he mentions and notice the name of the Parish on this bulletin and the price which is under the picture on the bulletin.

N10!

......assuming my church was st Dominic
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by italo: 7:46am On Oct 25, 2012
Incase he didn't see that clearly...

Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 25, 2012
Logicboy03:

......assuming my church was st Dominic
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Slizbeat(m): 7:52am On Oct 25, 2012
Congrats to his Eminence.
@logic boy and other atheist, have your reasons for not blivin in anything, I get it. But I pray that one day, you guys would have to change. Don't quote me please, only sent a message across.
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by tillo4real(m): 8:25am On Oct 25, 2012
Hello everybody,say you na normal at all ,why criticize,catholic church,why are you jorge another church is only god no the true ok please. Stop criticize catholic church
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by oagbanashiymai: 8:38am On Oct 25, 2012
What is wrong with kabba ?
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Dospix(m): 8:43am On Oct 25, 2012
[quote author=Peter262]THE WORLD OLDEST CULT HAS APPOINTED ANODA CARDINAL FROM NAIJA, ANTI CHRIST IS REALY AT WORK, THE POPE IS THE MESSENGER OF SATAN FROM HELL, AM A PURE PROTESTANT AGAINST ANTICHRIST CUZ CATHOLIC IS NOT A CHUTCH BUT A CULT. EMMANUEL MILINGO WHERE ARE YOU, READ UR BIBLE AD FORGET ABOUT THIS WOLVES IN SHEEP CLOTHING. TIME TO PRAY TO GOD. GO AD READ JERMIAHE33;3
Just a correction bro next time you are in a forum like this try not to write in capital letters,because,it means u are shouting .I know you dont know that,just being a brother.To the topic being discussed,Through your comment i can vividly see how childish you are.A rational thinking individual will not post this comment.The catholic was the first church that ever existed in the history of the world.The founder of the catholic church is Jesus Christ.Everything that is being done today was not just manufactured,it is a continuation of what Jesus Christ had put in place.I am tempted to ask you how it was revealed to you that the catholic church is a cult controlled by the devil? who revealed it to you?where it was revealed to you?or is this revelation based on subjective insinuation?if so the you are spiritually, psychologically,morally and mentally misguided.
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Policewoman(f): 8:45am On Oct 25, 2012
Logicboy03:

Lagos boi!

St Dominic/Agnes/Leos.

Who carries bible to a catholic church?
St Dominic and St Leo. That's in Yaba. I have also attended mass there severally. And yes, some catholics including me carry missals/bibles to church. You havent still answered my question on why u left God.
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Chynwe(f): 8:49am On Oct 25, 2012
Peter262: THE WORLD OLDEST CULT HAS APPOINTED ANODA CARDINAL FROM NAIJA, ANTI CHRIST IS REALY AT WORK, THE POPE IS THE MESSENGER OF SATAN FROM HELL, AM A PURE PROTESTANT AGAINST ANTICHRIST CUZ CATHOLIC IS NOT A CHUTCH BUT A CULT. EMMANUEL MILINGO WHERE ARE YOU, READ UR BIBLE AD FORGET ABOUT THIS WOLVES IN SHEEP CLOTHING. TIME TO PRAY TO GOD. GO AD READ JERMIAHE33;3
@peter,u are just insane
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Policewoman(f): 9:10am On Oct 25, 2012
Logicboy03:

Anyways!

I left God by reading the bible.

The bible regulates slavery and you see God commanding the isrealites to take slaves;

Leviticus 25:44
"Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves."

Titus 2:9
"Teach slaves to be subject to their masters in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them"

Do you know that slavery was enshrined in catholic canon law in the by Pope Gregory IX?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_and_slavery#Slavery_incorporated_into_canon_law
You sound like u also were a seminarian. Anyways your argument though valid does not hold water dear. Pope Gregory IX didnt institute slavery. Slavery is as old as christianity itself. I'm happy u quoted some parts in d old testament. Now that is d old testament and Christ has come to make all anew. Concerning Timothy in acts of d apostles, they were living in d era when the Romans dominated and rules the world. Slavery was popular then and there was nothing the new emerging church could do that was humanly possible to stop it. Therefore Paul admonished Timothy to treat his slave as an equal and as a human being. That was also what Christ preached throughout the Bible. Like i said, Christianity was in its infancy then and was still evangelising to the Jews and Gentiles, slaves and free men alike. U will agree wit me that slavery lasted till even the 18th century. Are u now saying it is the church's fault. Mind u, certain Bishops and Doctors of the Church spoke against slavery. The church itself had to evolve with time and i admit there were stages we got things wrong, especially in the medieval period. But i want to ask u if u are a Christian beause of the Pope or because of Jesus Christ your personal lord and saviour who dies for u on the cross? We all have our lives to live, and when we die, we will be judged on our individual merits and not as a church. Heaven and Hell are real. Read the revelations and see that one of the people that will finally be thrown in d lake of fire are those who don't believe in God. Wether u heard d Gospel or not. If u die an atheist im sorry u may be going to hell. Unless of course God decrees otherwise.
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 25, 2012
Policewoman: You sound like u also were a seminarian. Anyways your argument though valid does not hold water dear. Pope Gregory IX didnt institute slavery. Slavery is as old as christianity itself. I'm happy u quoted some parts in d old testament. Now that is d old testament and Christ has come to make all anew. Concerning Timothy in acts of d apostles, they were living in d era when the Romans dominated and rules the world. Slavery was popular then and there was nothing the new emerging church could do that was humanly possible to stop it. Therefore Paul admonished Timothy to treat his slave as an equal and as a human being. That was also what Christ preached throughout the Bible. Like i said, Christianity was in its infancy then and was still evangelising to the Jews and Gentiles, slaves and free men alike. U will agree wit me that slavery lasted till even the 18th century. Are u now saying it is the church's fault. Mind u, certain Bishops and Doctors of the Church spoke against slavery. The church itself had to evolve with time and i admit there were stages we got things wrong, especially in the medieval period. But i want to ask u if u are a Christian beause of the Pope or because of Jesus Christ your personal lord and saviour who dies for u on the cross? We all have our lives to live, and when we die, we will be judged on our individual merits and not as a church. Heaven and Hell are real. Read the revelations and see that one of the people that will finally be thrown in d lake of fire are those who don't believe in God. Wether u heard d Gospel or not. If u die an atheist im sorry u may be going to hell. Unless of course God decrees otherwise.

So God, was impotent towards slavery? God was more concerned with homosexuals in Sodom and Gommorah?
The churches couldnt tell their members that slavery was bad?
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Policewoman(f): 9:23am On Oct 25, 2012
Logicboy03:

See this catholic slave! Keep lying for the catholic church and lying for Jesus. I like how you avoided the point of sales of catholic merchandise.

Back to the point of bulletins. Why did all of you focus majorly on bulletins? Out of ignorance because the price of bulletins is sometimes low. Have you ever heard of quantity? What really matters is how many people buy the bulletins. CVP analysis.

Oh and the church does enjoy tax free status the last time I checked and my deputy governor gives millions to the catholic church.

On the point of education system. I would let you know that the catholic church supported the slavery of our people. The British had been in Nigeria for 300 years before they put the first school in Nigeria. The first school in Nigeria came after the abolition of slavery. Apparently, your catholic bros thought for a long time that the african monkeys didnt need schools

Go and read about your Pope Gegory IX who put slavery into canon law. Read your catholic history

The BRITISH were not catholics but belong to the church of England. Try again.
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 25, 2012
Policewoman: The BRITISH were not catholics but belong to the church of England. Try again.

Fail.

There were are and still many catholic British.....even Irish and Scottish priests were in Nigeria
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Ubenedictus(m): 9:29am On Oct 25, 2012
Logicboy03:

Are you an accountant for the catholic church? Do you even know what they do with half of the funds they raise with their business ventures? Abeg.

u just want to show u dishonesty and bias. The way money reaches rome is thru peters pence and d council of american bishops, niaja doesnt contribute anything like million dollar dat is a fact if u cant deal with it then disprove it with proof.
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by nkan(m): 9:34am On Oct 25, 2012
@ floriana: Why not go and hug transformer or jump inside the river?
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Policewoman(f): 9:34am On Oct 25, 2012
Logicboy03:

So God, was impotent towards slavery? God was more concerned with homosexuals in Sodom and Gommorah?
It is not for me to tell you how God thinks or works. That is beyond any human being. Sodom and Gomorah were destroyed because they committed sins of the flesh. Asking why God allowed slavery is like asking why God allows bad things to happen in the world. He in his infinite wisdom allows the weeds to grow with the oats. Allows the rain to fall on both the Good and bad. But on d appointed day, the harvester shall come to seperate the weed from the tares. The goat from the sheep. Christ already depicted that in his parables. This world is not God's kingdom. The important thing is where we end up when we die. Where our soul ends up. For what does it profit a man if he gains d whole world and suffers d loss of his own soul.
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Ubenedictus(m): 9:38am On Oct 25, 2012
Logicboy03: 1) The catholic church has a vatican bank. Seriously, do you want tot lie again that the catholic churhc doiesnt have millions in cash or that the bank trades in paintings?
the vatican bank doesnt store vatican money alone, incase u dont know many people and orgnisations bank in d vatican bank. It is like other banks it isnt used solely by d vatican. MAKE UR RESEARCH AND STOP POSTING THIS NONESENCE.

2) Who cares if your parish doesnt have a printing press? Some do. Even if they dont, who told you that they dont make profit from outsourcing it?
intellectual dishonesty thats ur problem.

3) My deputy gov donates millions to the catholic church. Why is it impossible for gobt to donate to the catolic church? Why do yu lie?
wu is ur dep. Gov and is it his personal money he is donating or "government money".
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Ubenedictus(m): 9:43am On Oct 25, 2012
Logicboy03:
u are dishonest, have u ever heard of d papal bull sicut dudem, it came in 1435 and condemned slavery. As early as that d church alread condemned slavery. U are dishonest.
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Kokopos(m): 12:01pm On Oct 25, 2012
Peter262: THE WORLD OLDEST CULT HAS APPOINTED ANODA CARDINAL FROM NAIJA, ANTI CHRIST IS REALY AT WORK, THE POPE IS THE MESSENGER OF SATAN FROM HELL, AM A PURE PROTESTANT AGAINST ANTICHRIST CUZ CATHOLIC IS NOT A CHUTCH BUT A CULT. EMMANUEL MILINGO WHERE ARE YOU, READ UR BIBLE AD FORGET ABOUT THIS WOLVES IN SHEEP CLOTHING. TIME TO PRAY TO GOD. GO AD READ JERMIAHE33;3

MAY THE GOOD LORD FORGIVE YOU.
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Nobody: 12:12pm On Oct 25, 2012
There is no christainity without the catholic church<THE UNIVERSAL CHURCH>. Christainity is catholic church and vice versa. Congrats my archbishop..
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Nobody: 12:33pm On Oct 25, 2012
Ubenedictus: u just want to show u dishonesty and bias. The way money reaches rome is thru peters pence and d council of american bishops, niaja doesnt contribute anything like million dollar dat is a fact if u cant deal with it then disprove it with proof.

lol.......stop making claims that you cant back. I said the catholic church makes billions from Africa and explained how.

You are claiming things about the catholic church in Rome whose dealings are mostly not known to outsiders. How do you know what leaves naija and what doesnt? Liar
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 25, 2012
Ubenedictus: the vatican bank doesnt store vatican money alone, incase u dont know many people and orgnisations bank in d vatican bank. It is like other banks it isnt used solely by d vatican. MAKE UR RESEARCH AND STOP POSTING THIS NONESENCE.

intellectual dishonesty thats ur problem.

wu is ur dep. Gov and is it his personal money he is donating or "government money".

Is there any difference between the personal money of politicians and govt money in Niaja? Who is being intellectua;;y dishonest here?

Why are you claiming a strawman. The catholic church is worth over a billion dollars. You claimed that they didnt have much cash and I told you that they have a bank. There is no bank that doesnt have liquid assets. They must have a lot of cash as well. Yes, they have assets like paintings and artifacts but they are still worth a billion dollars.

Your catholic church is the most corrupt and greedy organisation the world has ever seen. For every work of charity, they get a return in offerings and conversions.

We havent even visited the history of how the catholic church bankrolled some governments.
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Nobody: 12:48pm On Oct 25, 2012
Ubenedictus: u are dishonest, have u ever heard of d papal bull sicut dudem, it came in 1435 and condemned slavery. As early as that d church alread condemned slavery. U are dishonest.

Nonsense.

Slavery was put into canon by pope Gregory IX in the early 13th century.

[size=14pt]Slavery incorporated into canon law[/size]
In the early thirteenth century, official support for slavery and the slave trade was incorporated into Canon Law (Corpus Iuris Canonici), by Pope Gregory IX,.[62][63] Canon law provided for four just titles for holding slaves: slaves captured in war, persons condemned to slavery for a crime; persons selling themselves into slavery, including a father selling his child; children of a mother who is a slave.
Slavery was imposed as an ecclesiastical penalty by General Councils and local Church councils and Popes, 1179-1535...
(a) The crime of assisting the Saracens 1179-1450.....
(b) The crime of selling Christian slaves to the Saracens 1425. Pope Martin V issued two constitutions. Traffic in Christian slaves was not forbidden, but only their sale to non Christian masters.
(c) The crime of brigandage in the Pyrenees mountainous districts, 1179.
(d)Unjust aggression or other crimes, 1309-1535. The penalty of capture and enslavement for Christian families or cities or states was enacted several times by Popes. Those sentenced included Venetians in 1309.[64]
Pope Gregory XI, excommunicated the Florentines and ordered them to be enslaved if captured[65] Little seems to have happened before the order was removed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_and_slavery#Slavery_incorporated_into_canon_law

Even your pope has apologised for the church involvement in slavery;

As reported by the Evangelist in 2000, official publication of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Albany, "... Pope John Paul II has called on the Church to recognize and apologize for its failures during the first 2000 years of Christianity. Foremost among those failures, according to a panel of scholars, is repression of others in general and anti-Semitism in particular." (49) The scholars were asked: "What is the worst mistake the Church has committed over the past two millennia -- and how can the Church make up for it?" Among the responses was this one regarding slavery: "The Church's silence on or even implicit approval of slavery for almost 2000 years" was its worst mistake, said Rev. Robert Scully, SJ, assistant professor of history at Le Moyne College in Syracuse. "From the New Testament period on, the Church generally accepted slavery as a 'natural' part of socio-economic reality, or spoke of it as a necessary evil," he explained. "As a Jesuit, I am morally embarrassed by the fact that certain Jesuit provinces owned slaves into the 18th and even the 19th centuries. It is a classic -- and particularly chilling -- example of the fact that the Church has often not been at the forefront of moral crusades to end unjust social realities that were too often taken for granted, or not deeply questioned and challenged."

http://www.slaverysite.com/Body/morality.htm
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Kokopos(m): 12:48pm On Oct 25, 2012
Logicboy03:

Lagos boi!

St Dominic/Agnes/Leos.

Who carries bible to a catholic church?

THIS SHOWS THAT YOU WERE NEVER A CATHOLIC. CATHOLICS GO TO CHURCH WITH BIBLES. DONT SAY WHAT YOU DONT KNOW COS YOU ARE MISSLEADING PEOPLE.
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 25, 2012
Kokopos:

THIS SHOWS THAT YOU WERE NEVER A CATHOLIC. CATHOLICS GO TO CHURCH WITH BIBLES. DONT SAY WHAT YOU DONT KNOW COS YOU ARE MISSLEADING PEOPLE.

20 years, I never carried a bible to a catholic church neither did anybody on my favorite pew.

When all the readings are from the bulletin, what kind of person brings a bible?
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Kokopos(m): 12:54pm On Oct 25, 2012
Logicboy03:

Are you an accountant for the catholic church? Do you even know what they do with half of the funds they raise with their business ventures? Abeg.

THE DOG THE gods WANT TO KILL DOES NOT HEAR ITS NAME WHEN ITS CALLED. BE CAREFUL BRO
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 25, 2012
Kokopos:

THE DOG THE gods WANT TO KILL DOES NOT HEAR ITS NAME WHEN ITS CALLED. BE CAREFUL BRO

Yes, god is a murderer
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by jimino(m): 1:03pm On Oct 25, 2012
Dis is hw most pple bring causes upon demselves. Insulting men of God, abusing d church of christ on earth. By d time d effect of d cause take it tone in ur lyf, u wil b blaming ur grandmother/father, aunty, step mother/father etc. Leta u wil start running 4rm church to church looking 4 miracles. If u dnt lyk d RCC, go love ur church. Becareful wit wat u say with ur tongues because it brings causes or blessing in ur lyf. Thanks
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Kokopos(m): 1:09pm On Oct 25, 2012
Logicboy03:

20 years, I never carried a bible to a catholic church neither did anybody on my favorite pew.

When all the readings are from the bulletin, what kind of person brings a bible?

Thats your choice.In all the Parishes i have attended we were encouraged to bring along our bibles to the church. Most Rev.Fr. Fathers quote from the bible and we are encouraged to look up such quotes from the bible in the church.
Re: Pope Appoints Archbishop John Onaiyekan, 5 Others As Cardinals by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 25, 2012
Kokopos:

Thats your choice.In all the Parishes i have attended we were encouraged to bring along our bibles to the church. Most FR. Fathers quote from the bible and we are encouraged to look up such quotes from the bible in the church.

Na pentecostal you be?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Misuse Of The Bible Verses / Driver Preaching On The Steering / The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.