Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,629 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG (11135 Views)

Boko Haram Destroys Nigerian Military Base; 107 Troops MIA - Dailymail UK / El-rufai Donates 107 Patrol Vehicles, Security Gadgets To Kaduna Police. Photos / Boko Haram Kills 107 In Zamfara, Potiskum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by SELFWORTH: 12:56pm On Oct 26, 2012
dammytosh:

It is not a normal thing and English is not your Mother language it is your Father Language . Idiot.

No wonder you reason the way you do and see Okada business as fast money.

See what fate has done to some people. Some Okada riders can actually construct and speak better English than you.

Oh my God. I am tired from laughing . Well said poster .
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by SELFWORTH: 1:01pm On Oct 26, 2012
geeez:

And what is this supposed to mean? Are you high on something?

No am not but you may be though. Go back to school before you start with the insults. In English language, it's defined as irony. I was in support of your comment but you didn't get it. Now am asking myself why did I bother ?
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by olaolaking: 1:05pm On Oct 26, 2012
SELFWORTH:

It's not the making of the mistake . It's the lack of humility in admitting so in the first place . Instead of correcting the post , you responded with insults. Anyway , check out your spelling in the above. The grammar is dodgy too. The lesson here is don't let your brain runaway before you think. lipsrsealed
We are not competing for grammar here bro. Mr grammarian
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 26, 2012
dammytosh:

It is not a normal thing and English is not your Mother language it is your Father Language . Idiot.

See what fate has done to some people. Some Okada riders can actually construct and speak better English than you.
What has fate done to ur life mr moquito brain... Atleast i can still express myself in english... Show me at least 3 american that can express theirself in yoruba language the way i speak english. Bastard.
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by SELFWORTH: 1:14pm On Oct 26, 2012
olaolaking:
We are not competing for grammar here bro. Mr grammarian

Mr ungrammarian. I understand that but what people post should at least make sense. What is the point in trying to understand rubbish?
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by SELFWORTH: 1:18pm On Oct 26, 2012
oluface: What has fate done to ur life mr moquito brain... Atleast i can still express myself in english... Show me at least 3 american that can express theirself in yoruba language the way i speak english. Bastard.

When your brain is full of garbage, how can you absorb knowledge ? Shallow people.
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 26, 2012
dammytosh:

You r a bastard if not you wont tell me that making a mistake in a borrowed language has make an okada man beta than me english. You got an ant or mosquito brain.
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 26, 2012
SELFWORTH:

Another one. Experts in insults . Amateurs in simple reasoning . Ignorant in basic English . When your brain is full of garbage, how can you absorb knowledge ? Shallow people. Big ego gets you nowhere .
Is there any reasonable point in what u have just wrote m o r o n ? Olopolo dudu.!
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by iwanchop(m): 1:26pm On Oct 26, 2012
geeez:

You sure didnt read my post. Over 93 people die in the US in road accidents on the average each day. Once again I put it to you and I need an answer. In your right senses, do you that a taxicycle should be racing on a 100kph highway alongside cars?

You don't need sleep but an overdose of IQ. Where on earth do people like these drop from sef?
Abeg help me ask him again o o...he pretended not to hav seen d question when i asked him earlier on.
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by SELFWORTH: 1:29pm On Oct 26, 2012
oluface: You r a bastard if not you wont tell me that making a mistake in a borrowed language has make an okada man beta than me english. You got an ant or mosquito brain[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font].

Confused.com. A Complete disgrace to Nigeria's education system. Money miss road.
Take it on the chin poster@oluface. English is the national language of this country. You got that wrong too! Did you run away from class to attend "gutter school" of English. Is that why your brain is empty? All these gutter language takes up space where real knowledge should reside . Please grow up and move on.
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by SELFWORTH: 1:32pm On Oct 26, 2012
oluface: Is there any reasonable point in what u have just wrote m o r o n ? Olopolo dudu.!

Your posts speaks more about you than anyone else. You are talking about yourself ! This is not mushin bus garage. You don't sound cool. You sound stupid . The world has moved on. This is an international forum not your personal buka!

Abusing all and sundry. First take the speck out of your own eye first. grin
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Megabhros: 1:34pm On Oct 26, 2012
iwanchop: Abeg help me ask him again o o...he pretended not to hav seen d question when i asked him earlier on.
GOOD!
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 26, 2012
SELFWORTH:

Again. I can't believe it. Take it on the sheen my friend. English is the national language of this country . You got that wrong too! Did you run away from class to attend "gutter school" of English. That is why your brain is empty . All these gutter language takes up space where real knowledge should reside . Please grow up .
OH MY GOD... DO U JUST SAID ENGLISH IS THE NATIONAL LANGUAGE OF THIS COUNTRY. CAN YOU DEFINE THE MEANING OF NATIONAL LANGUAGE. U ARE A DISGRACE TO YOUR FAMILY. WHATS UR LEVEL OF EDUCATION. ?
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 26, 2012
SELFWORTH:

Just like you. You forget your posts speaks more about you than anyone else . Please grow up and leave the streets behind. You don't sound cool. You sound stupid . The world has moved on. This is an international forum not your personal buka!
You still have no point bro. Guess how u sound brainless,dazed,
deficient,dense,
dim,doltish,
dopey,dull,
dumb,dummy*,
foolish,futile,
gullible,half-
baked,half-
witted,idiotic,
ill-advised,
imbecilic,inSane,
indiscreet,insensate,irrelevant,laughable,loser,
ludicrous,
meaningless,
mindless,
moronic,naive,
nonsensical,
obtuse,out to
lunch,pointless,
puerile,rash,
senseless,
shortsighted,
simple,
simpleminded,
slow,sluggish,
stolid,stupefied,
thick,thick-
headed,trivial,
unintelligent,
unthinking,
witless
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 26, 2012
Ti won ba bi e re jamtalk. Epe ni ma fi pa iya e. I m from ghetto and am proud of. Omo asey jati jati. Ma jeki awon boiz gba oju kan lowo. Just dare me.
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by SELFWORTH: 1:52pm On Oct 26, 2012
oluface: OH MY GOD... [i]DO U JUST SAID ENGLISH [/i]IS THE NATIONAL LANGUAGE OF THIS COUNTRY. CAN YOU DEFINE THE MEANING OF NATIONAL LANGUAGE. U ARE A DISGRACE TO YOUR FAMILY. WHATS UR LEVEL OF EDUCATION. ?

Your postings are giving readers migraine! I give up ? No wonder you admit you are a disgrace to your family . I will extend that to mean the whole of Nigeria. Get off the thread . You are disgracing yourself more and more. Besides, everyone in my office is tired from laughing . You better change your username after today.

1 Like

Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by sentix(m): 1:54pm On Oct 26, 2012
How many of you have even read the new law it bans them on more than 500 roads. They include some roads that are just funny hrs ikeja where commercial buses are banned. Fagba road. All roads in agege. Pls read the law before commenting

1 Like

Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Megabhros: 1:57pm On Oct 26, 2012
The number is just too conservative compared with the level of gory scenes you see on the major roads as you drive in the city of Lagos. I want to believe those incidents on feeder roads were not fully captured in the data. Okada is nothing but a menace! The earlier the FG regulates the activities of the illegal means of trade, the better for thye nation. Okada has dashed many hopes, ruined many fortunes and killed many dreams. Our government might just need to palliate the effect of the current law on the concerned through their organised bodies.

1 Like

Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 26, 2012
SELFWORTH:

More grammatical bombs ! I give up ? No wonder you admit you are a disgrace to your family . I will extend that to mean the whole of Nigeria. Get off the thread . You are disgracing yourself more and more. Besides, everyone in my office are tired from laughing . You better change your username after today.
MR MAN U STILL HAVE NO POINT.
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by sentix(m): 1:59pm On Oct 26, 2012
PLEASE PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME READ THIS: ECONOMIC EFFECT OF OKADA BAN

Fashola and his advisers, by pursuing this policy have really shown the height of their ineptitude. Forget the issue of being humane. Economics 101 should have taught them how crazy and idiotic this policy is.

Job loses: It is conservative to say that there are 100,000 Okadas in Lagos State. 100,000 Okadas = 100,000 jobs. Plus, another 200,000 jobs for people who lease, sell and repair Okadas, as well as people who sell engine oil and spare parts to Okada people. Then there are the street kitchens who feed them with food and snacks. Let us say that conservatively, the total jobs lost = 300,000. Let us assume that each Okada job makes an average of =N=2000 a day. =N=2000 x 300,000 Okadas = =N=600,000,000 (six hundred million) a day in lost business to the Lagos economy.

Killing the future: Then there are the kids that may drop out of school because of loss of income for their parents, others that would die of simple illnesses for lack of free medical care. These children's health and education define the future of Lagos to a significant extent. Let me leave out the extended family and networks that these incomes support. I can't quantify the cost to Lagos in this respect.

Undermining efficiency: It is the height of ignorance to fail to recognise the efficiency that Okadas bring to business operations and activities in Lagos. Where are they roads? As bad as the riders are, Okada's are the most efficient means of getting around the gridlock that is Lagos during the day. No government invited them to start operations. Okadas began in Lagos organically in response to a need for a faster way to get around and a way to reach the nooks and cranny ill serviced by public transport vehicles. That need has not gone away and the weak infrastructure has not changed. The immediate cost to businesses small and large that depend on Okadas may also run into the hundreds of millions a day.

Unfair devaluation of private asset value: The estimated 200,000 Okada vehicles in Lagos, who is going to buy them? What happens to their value? Let us say they are each worth at least =N=50,000 on average. That is 10 billion Naira worth of private assets devalued with a single policy. Is there an Okada buy back policy to at least give these now jobless people some capital to find another means of livelihoodhuh??

The idiotic case for the ban: Yes robbers use Okadas to terrorise the city. Yes Okada riders can be rough on the road. Yes many have been maimed by Okadas. These are good reasons to see Okada as a problem, but hardly a justification. Why? If you think robbers are using Okadas to gain an advantage, imagine if 1% of 300,000 turn to robbery for a lack of employment. That is three thousand robbers injected into the society in one go. Imagine if 5% turn to other forms of crime or negative social behaviour. That makes 18,000. Do we not have enough of those in Lagos. Do we have the jails to hold them?

Okada riders are rough on the road. So is every one. Unless it is a different Lagos, the Lagos I know is one where you deserve a special license for being able to drive in it. Almost every one is in a hurry. It is easy to pick out the small guys. But how can a government that has not built the good roads banish road users for being rough. The terrain shapes the nature of navigation. Many have died and been maimed by Okada accidents. But more have died from the bad and neglected government roads. If you need to sack any one in this regard, it is the guys in power, who have misused our collective wealth instead of building our infrastructure.

The bigger nuisance in Nigerian and in Lagos is the governance and not Okada. Those in power are stealing much more than robbers have stolen with Okadas. They have left the infrastructure to decay in a city with so much wealth. They are building up elite neigbourhoods while the masses wade the floods to their homes. They have killed more through their negligence. The Okada man is an easy target to help clean up their mess. If you need to decongest the roads, build more and expand existing roads, create new public transportation modes (trains, buses,boats), build bicycle lanes, etc. If you need to improve security, equip the security forces and install more security infrastructure. Think for solutions first before taking the easy and ill informed way.

Fashola has really really disappointed me and ACN can not win a free election in Lagos if this policy stands. The masses are the majority and not the elite.
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by texazzpete(m): 1:59pm On Oct 26, 2012
Funny the Lagos State Govt will never tell us how many people Fashola indirectly killed when he foolishly fired all the state Doctors in a fit of egotistic stupidity.

Instead of adding the pocket change to their salaries to pay the much overworked doctors on par with their federal counterparts, he stayed playing kalo-kalo with the lives of the people he swore to protect.

Nonsense
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by SELFWORTH: 2:00pm On Oct 26, 2012
poster@oluface . Please go back to planet apes. You have completely lost it now. You borrowed the English you can't read or write and try to pass it off as your own. Everyone in my office is in stitches!!
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by sentix(m): 2:06pm On Oct 26, 2012
Complete List of Roads where Okada is Banned!

AGEGELOCALGOVERNMENTAREA 1. Oba Ogunji Road 2. Old Abeokuta Road 3. Capitol Road 4 Alfa Nla Road 5. Oko-Oba Road 6.Akilo Street 7. Agunbiade Road 8. Ogba Road 9. Ipaja Road 10. Moricas Road 11. Oyewole Road 12. Arigbanla Street 13. DopemuRoad 14. Oke-Koto Junction 15. Oniwaya Road 16. Adebisi Awosoga Street 17. Old OtaRoad 18. IjaiyeRoad 19. Akin Doherty Road 20. Amoo Street 21. Pen Cinema Roundabout 22. Surulere Street 23. Agbedeji Street 24. Ayige Street 25. Sule Street 26. Ashipa Street 27. Salawu Street AJEROMI-IFELODUN LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA 1. BaaleAdeyemo Street 2. MbalCardoso Street up to Oto Wharf 3. Mobil Road up to Boundary Road 4. Boundary Road-Aiyeke Bridge-Tolu Bus/Stop 5. Wilmer Crescent 6. Industrial Road 7. Achapo Road/New Road 8. Idewu Street 9. Baale Adeyemo Road 10. MaluIMobil Road 11. OjoRoad 12. Cemetery/Mosafejo/ Alaba Road 13. BakarelFaro Road APAPA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA 1. Creek Road 2. Wharf Road 3. Burma Road 4. Randle Road 5. Marine Road 6. Kofo Abayomi Road 7. Liverpool Road 8. Point Road 9. Park Lane 10. Itapeju Avenue 11.Entire Network of Roads in Apapa GR.A -12. Dock Yard Road 12. Oduduwa Road 13. Ladipo Oluwole Road 14. Bonny Road 15. Commercial Road 16. MalulMobil Road 17. Warehouse Road 18. Orile-Iganmu Road

AL~OSHOLOCALGOVERNMENTAREA 1. Ipaja - Ayobo Road 2. Ekoro Road 3. Egbeda - Idimu Road 4. Egbeda-Akowonjo Road 5. Iyana-Ipaja-Idimu Road 6. Idimu-Ikotun Road 7. LASU-IbaRoad 8. Ikotun-Egbe Road 9. Ipaja Road 10. Igando Road 11. Egbe -Idimu Road 12. Old Ota Road 13. Meiran Road 14. Ayobo Road 15. Ajasa/Command Road 16. Baruwa Road 17. Liasu Road 18. Governor's Road 19. Abaranje Road 20. Ijegun Road 21. Shasha Road 22. Baruwa/ Aina Obembe Road 23. Adefemi Road, Ipaja 24. Goye

AMUWO-ODOflN LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA 1. Oshodi-Apapa Expressway 2. Durbar Road/ Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Road 3. The Entire Network of Roads in Festac Town 4. Circular Road 5. The Entire Network of Roads in Zones A,B,C & D of Amuwo-Odofin Low - Cost Housing Estate 6. Old Ojo Road 7. Mumuni Adio Badmus Way 8. Lagos Badagry Expressway

BADAGRY LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA

1. Lagos - Badagry Expressway from Eric Moore to Seme Road 2. Badagry Roundabout to Topo Road 3. Joseph Dosu Road

CENTRAL BUSINESS DISTRICT (CBD) ROADS

1. Inner Marina 2. Broad Street 3. Nnamdi Azikwe Street 4. King George V Road 5. Idumagbo Avenue 6. Outer Marina 7. Adeniji Adele Street 8. Martins Street 9. Balogun Street 10.Odunlami Street 11. Ereko Street 12.New Balogun Street 13. Campbell Street 14. Breadfruit Street 15. Abibu Oki Street 16. Davies Street 17. Kakawa Street 18. Force Road 19. Oloto!Fosbery Road

EPE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA Femi Agbalajobi Ayetoro Road Hospital Road Marina Road Central Mosque Road Kasali Oluwo Street Ekundayo Street Lagos Road Ijebu to Itoikin Road from Agbowa to Itoikin Omu- Ijebu to Ketu Roundabout Ketu Roundabout to Ejinrin Town Ota Road OlofinRoad Orungbo - Ido Road Agbowa-Ikosi Road Ketu Roundabout to Epe

Ketu Roundabout - Itoikin

ETI-OSA LOCAL GOV

EPE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA Femi Agbalajobi Ayetoro Road Hospital Road Marina Road Central Mosque Road Kasali Oluwo Street Ekundayo Street Lagos Road Ijebu to Itoikin Road from Agbowa to Itoikin Omu- Ijebu to Ketu Roundabout Ketu Roundabout to Ejinrin Town Ota Road OlofinRoad Orungbo - Ido Road Agbowa-Ikosi Road Ketu Roundabout to Epe Ketu Roundabout - Itoikin

ETI-OSA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA The Entire Network of Roads and Bridges in Ikoyi/Obalende and IruJ

Victoria Island Local Council Development Areas Eti-Osa/Lekki-Epe Expressway

IFAKO-IjAIYE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA /OJOKORO LOCAL COUNCIL DEVELOPMENT AREA

1. Ogunnusi Road 2. Lateef Jakande Road 3. College Road 4. Jonathan Coker Street 5. Iju Road 6. WEMPCO Road 7. ACME Road 8. New Oko-Oba Road 9. Lagos Abeokuta Expressway 10. Agbado Road 11. Baale Animashaun Road 12. Yaya Abatan Road

IKEJA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA 1. Lagos Ibadan Expressway (from Lagos Boundary to Lagos - Toll gate) 2. Sheraton Link Bridge 3. Oba Akran Avenue 4. Obafemi Awolowo Way 5. Kudirat Abiola Road 6. Mobolaji Bank-Anthony Way 7. Lateef Jakande Road 8. Nurudeen Olowopopo Drive 9. Otunba Jobi Fele Way 10. Allen Avenue 11. Opebi Road 12. Secretariat Road 13. Mobolaji Johnson Road 14. Osho Street 15. Hakeem Balogun Road 16. IPMWay 17. Ashabi Cole Street 18. Toyin Street 19. Entire Ikeja GRA Road Network 20. ACME Road

lKEJA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA Con/d.

21. WEMPCO Road 22. Oduduwa Road 23. Isaac John Street 24. Alausa Secretariat Perimeter Road Network 25. SimbiatAbiola Road 26. Kaffi Street 27. Opebi Link Bridge 28. Ikosi Road

29. Adeniyi Jones Avenue 30. EntireAlausa CBD 31. Ladipo OluwoleAvenue 32. ASBFI Road 33. Olowu Street 34. Ola Ayinde Street 35. Unity Road 36. AromireAvenue 37. Ijaola Street 38. Iyaoloye Crescent 39. Olu Akerele Street 40. Emmanuel Street 41. Odo-Iyalaro Underbridge 42. Olatunbosun Street

IKORODU LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA

1. Ikorodu Road (from Mile 12 to Ikorodu Benson Roundabout) 2. Ipakodo-Ibeshe Road 3. Lagos-Ikorodu Express Road 4. T.O.S. Benson Road 5. Oba Sekumade Road 6. Lagos-Shagarnu Road 7. Obafemi Awolowo Road 8. Ikorodu-Itoikin Road 9. Igbogbo Road 10. Ayangburen Road 11. Alhaji Street

IKOYIlOBALENDE LOCAL COUNCIL DEVELOPMENT AREA

1. Alfred Rewane Road 2. Glover Road 3. Alexander Road 4. Awolowo Road 5. Bourdillon Road 6. Gerald Road 7. Osborne Road Estate 1 & 2 8. Lugard Avenue 9. Olu Holloway Road 10. Bayo Kuku Street 11. Oba Adeyinka Oyekan Avenue 12. Mobolaji lohnson Road 13. Club Road 14. Federal Secretariat Road 15. Thompson Avenue 16. Lateef lakande Avenue 17. Moore Road 18. Oyinkan Abayomi Road 19. Maroko Close 20. Adeyemi Lawson Street 21. Femi Okunnu Road 22. labita Close 23. Onikoyi/Turnbull Road 24. lru Close 25. Ajayi Bembe Street 26. Entire Park View Estate Roads 27. Awori Road 28. The Entire Network of Roads in Ijeh, Dolphin Estates Highrise and Duplex 29. Lawrence Road 30. Reeve Road 31. St. Gregory Road 32. Ribadu Road 33. Raymond Njoku Street 34. Okotie Eboh Street 35. Keffi Street 36. Norman Williams Street IKOYIlOBALENDE LOCAL COUNCIL DEVELOPMENT AREA

37. Ilabere Avenue 38. Oloto Road 39. Ojora Road 40. McPherson Avenu 41. Olanijonyin Avenue 42. Owena Street 43. Agodogba Road 44. Mobolaji Johnson Road 45. Bedwell Road 46. Murtala Muhammed Road 47. Obalende Road 48. Toyan Street 49. Odo Street 50. Awolowo Road 51. Bankole Oki Road 52. Ademola Street 53. Turnbull Road 54. Cameroon Road 55. Yemi Cardoso 56. Banana Estate 57. Dolphin Estate Duplex 58. Dolphin Estate Highrise 59. Alhaji Kannike Street 60. Igbo Street 61. Moshalashi Street 62. Eleshin Road 63. Ajeniya Street 64. Dr Bode Olajumoke Street 65. Alhaji Bashorun Close 66. Alhaji Alade Odunewu Street 67. Aromire close 68. Barrow Avenue 69. Olofin Street 70. Lalupon Street

LAGOS ISLAND LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA

1. The Entire Network of Roads and Bridgesin Lagos Island Local Government Area and Lagos Island East Local Council Development Area

LAGOS MAINLAND LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA

1. Herbert Macaulay Way 2. Barikisu Iyede Street 3. Murtala Muhammed Way 4. Third Mainland Bridge 5. Ijora Causeway 6. Commercial Avenue 7. Old Yaba Road 8. Sabo Round About 9. University Road 10. Abule-Ijesha Road 11. Harvey Road 12. Montgomery Road 13. Onike Iwaya Road 14. Morocco Road 15. Aje Street 16. Musiliu Smith Road 17. Hughes Avenue 18. Birrel Avenue 19. Hussey Road 20. Oweh Street 21. Aggrey Road 22. Borno Way 23. Apapa Road 24. Jibowu Street 25. Iwaya Road 26. Okobaba Street 27. Cemetery Street 28. Freeman Stre

KOSOFE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA 1. Ogudu Alapere Expressway (from Toll Gateto Third MainlandBn 2. Ogudu Road 3. Demurin Street 4. Alapere Road 5. CMDRoad 6. Doyin Omololu Street 7. Davies Street 8. 50 Metres from Ikorodu Road on Ikosi Road 9. Omololu Street 10. Diya Street 11. Williams Street 12.

MUSHINLOCALGOVERNMENT AREAlODI-OLOWO COUNCIL DEVELOPMENT AREA

1. Agege Motor Road 2. Fatai Atere Way 3. Idi-Araba Street 4. Ilupeju By-Pass 5. Itire Road 6. Palm Avenue 7. Ladipo Street 8. Layi Oyekanmi Street 9. Olateju Street 10. Isolo Road 11. Ojekunle Road 12. Ilasamaja Road 13. Ogunmokun Street-14. Association Avenue 15. Kayode Street 16. Town Planning Way 17. Coker Road 18. Post Office Road 19. Mushin Road

OJO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA

1. Igbo Elerin Road 2. Lagos-Badagry Expressway 3. Iyana School Bus stop to Ishasi Road 4. Oba Ayoka to Iba New Site 5. Alaba International Market Road 6. Olojo Drive 7. Ojo Igbede Road 8. Nepa Road 9. Ishasi Road

10. Abule Aka Road to Ajangbad i Road 11. Akoberu / Sabo Road 12. Itire - Ilogbo Road 13. Iyana Era-Ilogbo Road 14. Ajangbadi-Shibiri Road 15. Kemberi / Aka Road

OSHODI/ISOLO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA

1. Okota Road 2. NNPCRoad 3. Oshodi-Apapa Expressway 4. Airport Road

S. EgbeRoad

6. Ago-Palace Way 7. Isolo Road 8. Osolo Way 9. Abimbola Street 10. Ejigbo-Ajao Estate Link Road 11. Estate Isheri-Oshun Road 12. Post Office Road 13. Oyetayo Street 14. Oshodi Road 15. Church Street 16. Afariogun Street 17. Sehinde Callisto Street 18. Mafoluku Road 19. Adeyemi Street 20. Ajibulu Street 21. New Airport Road

SOMOLU LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA

I. Ikorodu Expressway (from Mile 12 to Yaba Terminus)

2. George Street 3. Morocco Road 4. Market Street 5. Bajulaiye Road 6. Fola Agoro Street 7. Apata Street 8. Oguntolu Street 9. Pedro Road 10. Igi Olugbin Street 11. Ashogbon Street 12. Gbagada Road 13. St. Finbarrs Road 14. Jibowu Street 15. Oweh Street

16. Isaac John Street 17. Watch-tower Avenue 18. Shylon Street 19. Shipeolu Street

SURULERE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA

1. Funsho Williams Avenue

2. Adeniran Ogunsanya Street 3. Ogunlana Drive 4. Bode Thomas Street 5. Akerele Road 6. Itire-Ojuelegba Road 7. Tejuosho Street 8. Alhaji Masha Road 9. Itire-Ijesha Road 10. Ishaga Road 11. Eric Moore Road 12. Randle Avenue 13. Agbebi Street 14. Babs Animashaun Road 15. Ijesha Road 16. Enitan Street 17. Adeshina Street 18. Adelabu Street 19. Adetola Street 20. Nuru Oniwo Street. 21. Adekunle Kuye Street 22. Shaki Crescent 23. Oshogbo Street 24. Tokosi Street 25. Okota link Bridge 26. Opere Street 27. Odichie Street 28. Olatunde Onimole Street 29. Brown Street 30. Agboyin Street 31. Agbonyin Avenue 32. Nnobi Street 33. Sanya Street 34. Opeloyeru Street 35. Kilo Street 36. Adetioye Street 37. Fasoro Street 38. Oladimeji Street 39. Ojuolape Street 40. Solabomi Street 41. Ogungbesan Street

IRU/VICTORIA ISLAND LOCAL COUNCIL DEVELOPMEN AREA

1. Ahmadu Bello Way 2. Adeola Odeku Street 3. Kofo Abayomi Street 4. Ozumba Mbadiwe Avenue 5. Ajose Adeogun Road 6. Idowu Taylor Street 7. Idowu Martins Street 8. Adeleke Adedoyin Street 9. Elsie Femi Pearse Street 10. Musa Yar Adua Street 11. Walter Carrington Crescent 12. Bishop Oluwole Street 13. Samuel Manuwa Street 14. Akin Olugbade Street 15. Molade Okoya Thomas Street 16. Sinari Daranijo Street 17. Bishop Aboyade Cole Street 18. Ligali Ayorinde Avenue 19. Saka Tinubu Street 20. Karimu Kotun Street 21. Muri Okunola Street 22. Etim Inyang Crescent 23. Adetokunbo Ademola Street 24. Adeola Hopewell Street 25. Ahmed Onibudo Road 26. Engineering Close 27. Sanusi Fafunwa Street 28. Tiamiyu Savage Street 29. Olosa Street 30. Oyin Jolayemi Street 31. Marinho Drive 32. Moshood Olugbani 33.Fatai Durosinmi Street 34.. Adeyemo Alakija Street 34. Oko Awo Close 35. Afribank Street 36. Jide Oki Street 37. Festival Road 38. Federal Housing Complex Road 39. Oba Idowu Oniru Road 40. Palace Road 41. Oniru New Market Road 42. Water Corporation Road 43. Akin Adesola Street

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) 1 Like
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 26, 2012
SELFWORTH: poster at oluface . Please go back to bed . You have completely lost it now. You borrowed the English you can't read or write and try to pass it off as your own. Everyone in my office is in stitches!!
Mr Man I have said it before and am still repeating it again English is Not Nigeria National Language. The official
language of Nigeria,
English, the former
colonial language, was
chosen to facilitate the
cultural and linguistic
unity of the country. The
major languages spoken
in Nigeria are Yoruba,
Hausa, Igbo, Fulfulde,
Kanuri, and Ibibio. Even
though most ethnic
groups prefer to
communicate in their
own languages, English,
being the official
language, is widely used
for education, business
transactions and for
official purposes. English,
however, remains an
exclusive preserve of the
country's urban elite,
and is not widely spoken
in rural areas. Use ur brain man
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 26, 2012
persistenc: Mtcheww and dana air wiped out hw many in day ? Silly excuse to deprive of their livelyhood Expect increase in of forms of robbery even in broad daylight.Fingers crossed
And expect increase in lynching, even in the presence of police. We are waiting...
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by SELFWORTH: 2:22pm On Oct 26, 2012
oluface: Mr Man I have said it before and am still repeating it again English is Not Nigeria National Language. The official language of Nigeria, English, the former colonial language, was chosen to facilitate the cultural and linguistic unity of the country. The major languages spoken in Nigeria are Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo, Fulfulde,Kanuri, and Ibibio. Even though most ethnicgroups prefer to communicate in their own languages, English, being the official language, is widely used for education, business transactions and for official purposes. English, however, remains an exclusive preserve of the country's urban elite, and is not widely spoken in rural areas. Use ur brain man
All copied from the Internet. You couldn't even paste it properly. You obviously went to a school where you were taught English and Mathematics in Hausa and Igbo . I guess it all makes sense now . Consider yourself ignored!
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by SELFWORTH: 2:31pm On Oct 26, 2012
Poster@sentix. How will they implement the ban? This is my question.
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 26, 2012
SELFWORTH:
All copied from the Internet. You couldn't even paste it properly. You obviously went to a school where you were taught English and Mathematics in Hausa and Igbo . I guess it all makes sense now .
You still have no point bobo
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by drnoel: 2:39pm On Oct 26, 2012
What is this....LASG has stated again. Pls tell them to go and check how many people malaria and typhoid has killed in lagos alone. Or even how many children that have died due to polio. Pls these people should face important matters and no deprive people of their means of livelihood.
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Jonlafrika(m): 2:47pm On Oct 26, 2012
[quote author=oluface]God bless u.[/quote

Aaamin Aamin Aamin Jeesu
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Sleek05(f): 2:55pm On Oct 26, 2012
rafhell: let us learn to see the good sides of certain policies rather than seeing the tiny negative side.
fashola has my support on this one. the ban is not a total ban. it is just a restriction of okadas from plying certain road and route such as express ways. imagine yourself taking okada from oshodi to apapa or from ikeja to obalende. imagine the risk. people should just learn to use their heads.

And bikes were banned in GRA ikeja. Tell me wats major in those roads? No alternatives provided!
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Sleek05(f): 3:43pm On Oct 26, 2012
Many ppl have refused 2 view d whole situation as a whole. Dey jus pick d part the convenient part and hammer on it. Fashola banned bikes because dey r a menace, fine! Dey have killed many ppl, fyn! I agree but wat alternative has he provided? Wat happens 2 ppl dat don't have cars n wanna go 2 d inner suburbs where buses don't ply? Why do ppl keep sayin major roads, do we have 500 major roads in Lagos? When did all d roads in ikeja GRA become major? Its just common sense but I guess many ppl won't see this cuz they have cars 2 convey dem n rly don't care if it affects d poor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Celebrates His 69th Birthday Today! / Court Declares Sen. Owan Enoh As APC Candidate In Cross River State / Court Dismisses Suit Against APC Candidate, Dapo Abiodun Over 'NYSC Certificate'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.