Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,479 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG (11133 Views)

Boko Haram Destroys Nigerian Military Base; 107 Troops MIA - Dailymail UK / El-rufai Donates 107 Patrol Vehicles, Security Gadgets To Kaduna Police. Photos / Boko Haram Kills 107 In Zamfara, Potiskum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by humpito(m): 9:38am On Oct 26, 2012
Mr Fashola, people no dey die for car accidents abi. Smh
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 26, 2012
jassie:

And what i spoke about has nothing to do with human lives? Which is more important? Good roads or absence of okada.

I think you're a combo of Stevie Wonder + a beauty of illiteracy. Ode!

something tell me that you and all your family members are okada riders.
sorry oo. i understand your fear. but make you try understand what fashola is saying. the ban on okada is not a total ban. it is just to ban them from plying certain route like the express ways. no be fashola fault say u and all ur family no go school. olodo
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by dammytosh: 9:39am On Oct 26, 2012
Silly excuse as usual.

How many casualties from Air craft? Any Ban ? Dana was even declared the best airline.

How many casualties from cars ?

How many casualties from convoys of people in power.

The bottom line is that you must strive to be rich in Nigeria if you can't steal big.

I remember posting during subsidy crisis that Leave it or Remove it. Only the POOR masses will suffer.

People are facing real hardship because of this policy. Instead of calling a spade a spade some people are busy seeing it as PDP vs ACN.

Palliative measures should have been in place before this useless decision. In Abuja that all of you scream, You can get a cab for as low as #200.00. How much is a cab in Lagos ?

We will keep going backward if we support a policy only because it does not affect us. We are just lucky, it could have been us riding the Okada.

Very fool1sh and selfish people. They were quick to gather at the Gani Fawehinmi park when paying for fuel from their pocket is to eat deep into their finance but any other policy that does not Directly affect them is ok.

-My Take

5 Likes

Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by nosagold(m): 9:40am On Oct 26, 2012
Can't nigerians survive without okada? Is okada business †ђξ only transport business? This people should venture into some transport business na

2 Likes

Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by adefash(m): 9:44am On Oct 26, 2012
oluface: Sho ni opolo sha?
and why did u ask such a silly question without answering his own first? Do u have the statistics of those who have died on our poorly maintained roads, number of those who died in robbery attacks because of insecurity? Have they banned govt? Have u tot about the reason why ppl will prefer to chatter a bike from ikorodu to obalende instead of boarding a bus? Bikes are in operation in other countries. They have low records of bike accidents because they have good roads.

1 Like

Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by adefash(m): 9:47am On Oct 26, 2012
oluface: Na u be no1 mumu. For where u get ur own result . Prove it.
even if he proves it, will you still believe him? Do u know that 60/cent of the accident recorded by lastma caused by bikes are actually accelerated poor roads?
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by kennytidistar(m): 9:49am On Oct 26, 2012
you ban okada because of accident rate? who are your advisers? and you are excited they are praising you? fashola must be insane, why not regulate them? why not create a dedicated lane for them like they did in seme and cotonu and as you did to your so-called almighty BTR's? so you inproverish many souls because of your insensitivity and lack of humor? God of those young poor unemploy graduate who ride okadas willl visit and Judge you soon! somebody shout Amen!
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 26, 2012
adefash:
even if he proves it, will you still believe him? Do u know that 60/cent of the accident recorded by lastma caused by bikes are actually accelerated poor roads?
I still need prove to believe what u are saying.
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 26, 2012
adefash:
and why did u ask such a silly question without answering his own first? Do u have the statistics of those who have died on our poorly maintained roads, number of those who died in robbery attacks because of insecurity? Have they banned govt? Have u tot about the reason why ppl will prefer to chatter a bike from ikorodu to obalende instead of boarding a bus? Bikes are in operation in other countries. They have low records of bike accidents because they have good roads.

i still don't know why most lagosian find it hard to see the good side of why fashola impose a restriction of route on okadas. the ban only stop them from taking certain routes like the express. why on earth must you take a bike from ikorodu to obalende if you consider the risk. the fact that it has never happened to you does not mean that it is not happening. abeg, prevention is better that cure.
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by kennytidistar(m): 9:58am On Oct 26, 2012
[rafhell]

i still don't know why most lagosian find it hard to see the good side
of why fashola impose a restriction of route on okadas. the ban only
stop them from taking certain routes like the express. why on earth must
you take a bike from ikorodu to obalende if you consider the risk. the
fact that it has never happened to you does not mean that it is not
happening. abeg, prevention is better that cure.

my friend do you know that some lastma, kai, and police have started using this medium to steal bike from the rider if you enter inside egan in lagos, their was almost a chaos when police men attempted to take away somebody's bike, its no ideal in a so-called lagos.
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by mancheeutd(m): 9:59am On Oct 26, 2012
Ibanga p: And how many hav died of infant mortality, cholera,malaria nd all other diseases d government has failed 2 curb or control?

I love ur comment God bless u
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Nobody: 10:01am On Oct 26, 2012
rafhell:

something tell me that you and all your family members are okada riders.
sorry oo. i understand your fear. but make you try understand what fashola is saying. the ban on okada is not a total ban. it is just to ban them from plying certain route like the express ways. no be fashola fault say u and all ur family no go school. olodo

LOL! You really got me laughing with d insults. . . crazy guy.

But really, you think about it. . . How many people do u think would be jobless due to the okada ban on major roads? Its like borrowing more to pay a smaller debt. You just wait & see.
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Aderostock(m): 10:03am On Oct 26, 2012
Can someone tell or show me the number of roads that are nt well-maintained and also having pot-holes that LASG restricted for okada riders? Am waiting..........
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by iwanchop(m): 10:04am On Oct 26, 2012
Abuja,A Ibom ,PH r some of d places okadas were banned nd heaven dd nt fall.Why then should Lagos be diffrent?Those who cud nt stop their governors frm d ban re nw crying fowl in Lagos .if they could nt tel their govnors hw to run dere respective states they should nt com nd tel Fashola how to run Lagos.
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 26, 2012
jassie:

LOL! You really got me laughing with d insults. . . crazy guy.

But really, you think about it. . . How many people do u think would be jobless due to the okada ban on major roads? Its like borrowing more to pay a smaller debt. You just wait & see.

check out most of the okada riders. some of them have no business in lagos. majority come from niger republic and chad. do you mean that lagosians will not survive without okada in lagos.
also try to understand that the ban is only for those of them dangerously plying the expressways.
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 26, 2012
Ibanga p: And how many hav died of infant mortality, cholera,malaria nd all other diseases d government has failed 2 curb or control?
So u expect the govt to sanitize your house for you... Is it the duty of govt to force you to sleep under mosquito net net after giving it to every household free of charge. What have you contribute to the development of lagos and i will tell u atleast 50 project which lasg have done successfully.

2 Likes

Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 26, 2012
dammytosh: Silly excuse as usual.

How many casualties from Air craft? Any Ban ? Dana was even declared the best airline.

The bottom line is that you must strive to be rich in Nigeria if you can't steal big.

I remember posting during subsidy crisis that Leave it or Remove it. Only the POOR masses will suffer.

People are facing real hardship because of this policy. Instead of calling a spade a spade some people are busy seeing it as PDP vs ACN.

Palliative measures should have been in place before this useless decision. In Abuja that all of you scream, You can get a cab for as low as #200.00. How much is a cab in Lagos ?

We will keep going backward if we support a policy only because it does not affect us. We are just lucky, it could have been us riding the Okada.

Very fool1sh and selfish people. They were quick to gather at the Gani Fawehinmi park when paying for fuel from their pocket is to eat deep into their finance but any other policy that does not Directly affect them is ok.

-My Take

Thank you. True words.
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Clemzy16(m): 10:12am On Oct 26, 2012
The problem with Nigeria is that Nigerians don't know It's problem. - Rochas Okorocha

1 Like

Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Aderostock(m): 10:12am On Oct 26, 2012

-My Take

You are the one that is foolish and stupid! Cos dana airline suspension was lifted by FG, Fashola shouldnt do his work to protect lives and properties? Okada accident rate in lagos is higher than rate of illness/disease.
Dont come here n spew trash

1 Like

Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 26, 2012
Aderostock:
You are the one that is foolish and stupid! Cos dana airline suspension was lifted by FG, Fashola shouldnt do his work to protect lives and properties? Okada accident rate in lagos is higher than rate of illness/disease.
Dont come here n spew trash
seconded

1 Like

Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Iykecollins(m): 10:14am On Oct 26, 2012
Reminds me of d bike accident I had in august last year during my service in nasarawa state, the guy was trying to overtake stupidly and had a head on with an on coming car which got my ankle twisted, had tort I would be deformed, thank God 4 the surgeon who corrected it. Though i still have pains while walking cos there is still screw inside. I'd wished it never happened. A friends brother was buried on monday from a similar but more fatal incident. Still it hasn't stopped me from jumping it but am more carefull and not always in a hurry to ascertain his sanity. Am in control of d speed limit too.
#Godismerciful
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by igbsam(m): 10:15am On Oct 26, 2012
In as much as i detest the ban on Okadas in lagos, lets look at it from this other side as i have this to say;
The ban on okada on some lagos roads is one of fashola's best policy. Not because of the type of menace they cause on our roads. Not because of the accidents they cause on a daily basis, but majorly because of the drain it has on young men who should be productive. I see young men who should be learning one craft or the other riding okada just to get fast money. Days before okada, you see young men learn carpentry, mechanical techniques, plumbing, etc. Now we import artisans from neighboring countries. For the future of this nation, don't just ban okada, ban street trading too, ban recharge card sales by these young men. Only lazy men will see no other job other than street tradIng and okada riding . What happened to farming, tailoring, plumbing, carpentry? Our bane as a country has always been people looking for fast money.

3 Likes

Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by subzero2(m): 10:17am On Oct 26, 2012
oluface: HOW CAN U SAY WHAT FASHOLA DID IS ANTI PEOPLE POLICY? MUST YOU LIVE AND WORK IN LAGOS? HE ONLY SAID OKADA SHOULDN'T PLY SOME ROAD. WHAT DO U HAVE TO SAY TO OTHER STATE IN NIGERIA THAT BAN THE USE OF OKADA COMPLETELY?
I'm seeing PDP taking ova Lagos State come 2015.
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 26, 2012
igbsam: In as much as i detest the ban on Okadas in lagos, lets look at it from this other side as i have this to say;
The ban on okada on some lagos roads is one of fashola's best policy. Not because of the type of menace they cause on our roads. Not because of the accidents they cause on a daily basis, but majorly because of the drain it has on young men who should be productive. I see young men who should be learning one craft or the other riding okada just to get fast money. Days before okada, you see young men learn carpentry, mechanical techniques, plumbing, etc. Now we import artisans from neighboring countries. For the future of this nation, don't just ban okada, ban street trading too, ban recharge card sales by these young men. Only lazy men will see no other job other than street tradIng and okada riding . What happened to farming, tailoring, plumbing, carpentry? Our bane as a country has always been people looking for fast money.
I AM A LIVING TESTIMONY.
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by ogayor: 10:18am On Oct 26, 2012
My advice to all okada riders is pls adhere strictly to rule. Don't go near forbidden routes and if law says you should not ride at certain time please adhere to this also.
This will also help compulsory early birds. Those who are to report as early as 6am in VI office while they live in Agbado. No car loan to assist such employees. By the time they such unfortunate ones could not meet up because okada won't operate until 7am. Such unfriendly attitude from employer will be reviewed positively.
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 26, 2012
sub_zero: I'm seeing PDP taking ova Lagos State come 2015.
How can u say such thing. If you say pdp will take over lagos state because of this policy then ACN will take over other state that okada is being ban completely
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Ariyke: 10:21am On Oct 26, 2012
And Motor killed hw many pls
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 26, 2012
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Ariyke: 10:24am On Oct 26, 2012
nosa gold: Can't nigerians survive without okada? Is okada business †ђξ only transport business? This people should venture into some transport business na
Come to lagos and see hw many will be jobless id okada is totaly banned
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by forkinsonlolo(m): 10:24am On Oct 26, 2012

-My Take

thank you my brother, some people are just too selfish
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by iwanchop(m): 10:25am On Oct 26, 2012
D last time i checked,LASG only banned okada riders frm plying some routes in Lag.Wha if dere is an outright ban?What would Fashola benefit frm this ban?Absolutely nothing.He's only protecting us frm d numerous risks associated wt riding bike on some routes nd some of us r saying no.At least 1 person is killed or injured by okada accident in Lagos everyday.
Re: Okada Accidents Killed 107 In Two Years – LASG by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 26, 2012
The funny thing is that pretentious and selfish 'rich' people suddenly seem to be more concerned about victims of Okada accidents than the 'poor' people themselves who patronise these Okadas. When did Nigeria's middle and upper classes become so 'caring' and altruistic? Since we are suddenly so worried about the rate of Okada accidents, one would think that the real everyday people/masses who are most at risk would champion this policy and hail Fashola's decision. Why is this not the case? Oh, I get it. The masses are ignorant fools who do not know what is good for them, so it is left for few of us that are privileged to tell the majority masses what is good for them, whether they like it or not.

Let's wait and see how the ACN would retain Lagos in a free and fair election in 2015. Shebi it is this same 'ignorant' masses that would vote for them? Or maybe they would rely on the votes of the indifferent and arrogant middle and upper classes that constitute less than 10% of the populace.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Northern Governors Condemn Gulak's Murder, Kidnap Of Niger Students / Seven Ogun Communities Protest Bad Roads, Gully Erosion / Ibb Not Dead (RUMOUR)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.