Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,409 members, 7,826,581 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Achebe Wrote Out Of Ignorance - Gowon - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Achebe Wrote Out Of Ignorance - Gowon (27611 Views)

SSS Fights Back, Accuses Buhari’s ADC Of Ignorance, Overzealousness-PremiumTimes / Jonathan Feigns Ignorance Of Wife’s Whereabouts / Wedding Invitation Card Of Gen. Gowon In 1969 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Achebe Wrote Out Of Ignorance - Gowon by sammyzacks(m): 12:06am On Oct 29, 2012
If there was no secession, there would not have been a civil war. If aburi agreement was honored there wouldn't have been secession. If there was no coup by the Igbo majors the wouldn't have been a reason for an aburi accord. Bottom line the problem preceded both Gowon and Ojukwu. Gowon had a challenge as the then president of Nigeria and he handled it the best possible way he could. He still remains the best,most honest and most selfless leader nigeria has ever had.The way Gowon gave out forgiveness to his defeated foe can only be described as christianly.I have listened to him before and I am convinced that he is sincere. Ojukwu had personal selfish ambition of ruling Nigeria but never had the opportunity. He founded APGA with the selfish aim of becoming president but failed. Achebe is sponsored by the western world to help fulfil their 2015 doom prophecy on Nigeria. But we know that it won't happen. Let's move forward and leave the past behind us!
Re: Achebe Wrote Out Of Ignorance - Gowon by CyberG: 12:10am On Oct 29, 2012
ejiyke2007:

SENILE Dementia YOU UNDERSTAND, WHO OPEN DOOR FOR YOU
GO AND SLEEP OLD MAN

Thunder+Amadioha fire your tiny blokos and your flat big head!!
Re: Achebe Wrote Out Of Ignorance - Gowon by CyberG: 12:17am On Oct 29, 2012
Asiwaju9ja:

I am Edo and I do not insult anyone. I just say d truth at all times. Even if it hurts.

Don't you see how your people abuse everyone here in Nugeria? I have Edo friends but I suspect you are not even like them. You iboz now pretend to be Yoruba, Edo, anything to abuse and insult the northerners and Southerners. Another example is tomakint the bastardic Andeww Uweh aka ngogdiha aka adabadaba always shouting " I am Yoruba" before insulting everyone. The next Nigeria - buaafara war will be brutal and I advise you iboz to repent now. Tell them before it's too late.
Re: Achebe Wrote Out Of Ignorance - Gowon by success9(m): 12:32am On Oct 29, 2012
Apparently, d war was a miscalculation on ojukwu's part. He shouldn't have secceded for whatsoever reason cos he should have known a war will break out he did not have the machinery to prosecute it.

As for the civilians that died, its a case of when two elephants fight...more so, the so called bianfran army was supplied by the civilians.

The war has come and gone...there is no need opening old wounds that is a further threat to the national unity progressives like me seek.

Sleeping dogs should allowed sleep pls...
Re: Achebe Wrote Out Of Ignorance - Gowon by ikeyman00(m): 12:43am On Oct 29, 2012
^^^^ and u think this will ever make sense

no point limiting ur logic but look at the bigger picture if u can

therefore Achebe is right
Re: Achebe Wrote Out Of Ignorance - Gowon by Dainfamous: 12:56am On Oct 29, 2012
CyberG:

Don't you see how your people abuse everyone here in Nugeria? I have Edo friends but I suspect you are not even like them. You iboz now pretend to be Yoruba, Edo, anything to abuse and insult the northerners and Southerners. Another example is tomakint the bastardic Andeww Uweh aka ngogdiha aka adabadaba always shouting " I am Yoruba" before insulting everyone. The next Nigeria - buaafara war will be brutal and I advise you iboz to repent now. Tell them before it's too late.
dont play with the fire because u will DEF get burn fool
Re: Achebe Wrote Out Of Ignorance - Gowon by Drunk: 2:14am On Oct 29, 2012
malele: This gowon is a fool.
He has luck am not in the military I would have taken his life. Old fool
And you are foolish...to know he's a fool
Re: Achebe Wrote Out Of Ignorance - Gowon by CyberG: 2:17am On Oct 29, 2012
Andre Uweh:
Can you alert the F.G to act over Gowon. As you know individuals can not do this but a govt has to.

Why not buafaera government do their job or are they lameducks??
Re: Achebe Wrote Out Of Ignorance - Gowon by CyberG: 2:19am On Oct 29, 2012
Da infamous: dont play with the fire because u will DEF get burn fool

See this moro.n. What fire will burn you in your bUafara? The one ojuku and your fathers started? Anuofia! Onye oshi
Re: Achebe Wrote Out Of Ignorance - Gowon by CyberG: 2:23am On Oct 29, 2012
ouagadougou: The number of mentally embryonic comments aimed at Igbos is shocking.

Apparently iboz are all embryos. Next question??
Re: Achebe Wrote Out Of Ignorance - Gowon by dayokanu(m): 2:42am On Oct 29, 2012
tomakint:
Exposed as a lunatic don't tell me u don't know! Your name Dayo+kanu(combination of Yoruba and Igbo name says a lot abt u)But seriously how many tribal marks do you have on ur face? Ogbomosho goat! grin I am very sure ur case requires u c T.B Joshua b4 its too late. Oh lest I forget thanks for making me popular on NL my town crier!

Omo ale Igbo claiming Yoruba

2 Likes

Re: Achebe Wrote Out Of Ignorance - Gowon by Nobody: 4:50am On Oct 29, 2012
sammyzacks: If there was no secession, there would not have been a civil war. If aburi agreement was honored there wouldn't have been secession. If there was no coup by the Igbo majors the wouldn't have been a reason for an aburi accord. Bottom line the problem preceded both Gowon and Ojukwu. Gowon had a challenge as the then president of Nigeria and he handled it the best possible way he could. He still remains the best,most honest and most selfless leader nigeria has ever had.The way Gowon gave out forgiveness to his defeated foe can only be described as christianly.I have listened to him before and I am convinced that he is sincere. Ojukwu had personal selfish ambition of ruling Nigeria but never had the opportunity. He founded APGA with the selfish aim of becoming president but failed. Achebe is sponsored by the western world to help fulfil their 2015 doom prophecy on Nigeria.

It would certainly seem odd if he suddenly won the Nobel prize for Literature.
Re: Achebe Wrote Out Of Ignorance - Gowon by justice11: 4:59am On Oct 29, 2012
and u also forgot that someone killed another people's leader b4 they begin to kill ibos in revenge
naijaking1:

I think you miss something about this issue. The personalities involved in the civil war saga are mostly dead or are dying as we speak. The most important issue is that of princinple. And that principle says that if it's ok to massacre Igbos under any guise today, tomorrow it might ok to massacre Beroms, Yorubas, or Hausas under some questionable guise too?

Did you hear Gowon say that most of the Igbo casualities was from stampeding rush to escape rumors of northern advancement
And he easily forgot that more Igbos were killed by their northern neighbours before the war actually broke out?
Re: Achebe Wrote Out Of Ignorance - Gowon by sesanrota(m): 5:50am On Oct 29, 2012
When Ojukwu moved too fast recklessly in his ostrich strategy, the same Chief Awolowo led a delegation of Western and some Midwestern leaders to Enugu on 6th May, 1967 and pleaded with Ojukwu not to secede, reminding him that the Western Region was not militarily ready to follow suit in view of the weaknesses of the Western Command of the Nigerian Army and the dominant position of the Northern troops in the West. Ojukwu turned a deaf ear to this advice maybe because of his wrong concept”.(p.141)

Before a Child will ask for who killed him his father, he must at least be able to handle a matchet or a gun.........
Re: Achebe Wrote Out Of Ignorance - Gowon by Onlytruth(m): 6:31am On Oct 29, 2012
All I know is that whenever a leader starts saying that he/she is not afraid of the ICC, my street wisdom tells me that they are REALLY AFRAID.
As far as I know, I believe it is only a matter of time before a case comes up at the ICC.
Maybe it is time Gowon starts praying for himself.
Re: Achebe Wrote Out Of Ignorance - Gowon by Asiwaju9ja(m): 7:15am On Oct 29, 2012
CyberG:

Are you sane at all? Y do you guys talk about war as if you can stand one if it breaks out. You guys should try and unite the nation instead of abusing your selves on Nairaland. You are all a wasted generation courtesy IBB.
Re: Achebe Wrote Out Of Ignorance - Gowon by tigonana: 7:36am On Oct 29, 2012
grin grin grin If dem go court make dem wake ojukwu up make he con contribute to this matter.
Re: Achebe Wrote Out Of Ignorance - Gowon by LeJeun3: 8:16am On Oct 29, 2012
Onlytruth: All I know is that whenever a leader starts saying that he/she is not afraid of the ICC, my street wisdom tells me that they are REALLY AFRAID.
As far as I know, I believe it is only a matter of time before a case comes up at the ICC.
Maybe it is time Gowon starts praying for himself.

I'm ashamed of Gowon and anyone who agrees with Him! What has Gowon contributed to his Home state towards solving the crisis there yet he has the gut to Insult another.
Re: Achebe Wrote Out Of Ignorance - Gowon by Demdem(m): 8:40am On Oct 29, 2012
To u all talking about Aburi accord, (cant read the whole thread jor) The agreement isnt the first and will never be the last of agreements that are being broken. Agreements are being broken daily unfortunately however going to war because of such IMO is quite sttupid.
Its unfortunate that the innocent had to die however i lay the blame on the initiator of the war itself. There is never an end to discussion, it will still end up on the round table (that we normally say).
Re: Achebe Wrote Out Of Ignorance - Gowon by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 29, 2012
Prof Corruption: Igbo and unending lamentations! Gowon is ready to face ICC to prove his case. This is the first time someone is willing to go on trial at ICC. What's the dead living old bitter racist professor waiting for? Why can't he use his evidence if any to convict Gowon?

Crying everyday on Nairaland will not get the job done.

Shut up, this is not the first time even HITLER ask to be trialled, He is already trailling himself with the massacre of his ppl...EWU GOWON
Re: Achebe Wrote Out Of Ignorance - Gowon by hakanai(m): 10:59am On Oct 29, 2012
Wetin Gowon do is clearly out of love for the nation,like wise the love exhibited by Ojukwu to starve his people. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Achebe Wrote Out Of Ignorance - Gowon by Dainfamous: 11:17am On Oct 29, 2012
CyberG:

Apparently iboz are all embryos. Next question??
watch! am coming for u,i no ur ugly mums address in London watch and see......
Re: Achebe Wrote Out Of Ignorance - Gowon by Dainfamous: 11:19am On Oct 29, 2012
sesanrota: When Ojukwu moved too fast recklessly in his ostrich strategy, the same Chief Awolowo led a delegation of Western and some Midwestern leaders to Enugu on 6th May, 1967 and pleaded with Ojukwu not to secede, reminding him that the Western Region was not militarily ready to follow suit in view of the weaknesses of the Western Command of the Nigerian Army and the dominant position of the Northern troops in the West. Ojukwu turned a deaf ear to this advice maybe because of his wrong concept”.(p.141)

Before a Child will ask for who killed him his father, he must at least be able to handle a matchet or a gun.........
100% lies is never documented,yoroapes are very good at fiction imagination.....
Re: Achebe Wrote Out Of Ignorance - Gowon by Dainfamous: 11:25am On Oct 29, 2012
haka_nai: Wetin Gowon do is clearly out of love for the nation,like wise the love exhibited by Ojukwu to starve his people. tongue tongue tongue
Thank the merciful ALLAH that you say his people not Nigerians,tactically we are not nigerians from the start is another evidence against GOWON the genocidist....
Re: Achebe Wrote Out Of Ignorance - Gowon by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 29, 2012
haka_nai: Wetin Gowon do is clearly out of love for the nation,like wise the love exhibited by Ojukwu to starve his people. tongue tongue tongue

Yes the same love has engulf the people of JOS his home town. May the love also reach your ppl
Re: Achebe Wrote Out Of Ignorance - Gowon by ikeyman00(m): 11:56am On Oct 29, 2012
sammy

If there was no secession, there would not have been a civil war

fine i get it!

but why did Nigeria fight then?

so u are saying they simply did to prevent the Igbos from leaving?

or is there more to it?

enlighten us plz

hope Gowon can help out as well

but plz dnt speak coded lingo
Re: Achebe Wrote Out Of Ignorance - Gowon by Olaolufred(m): 12:30pm On Oct 29, 2012
haka_nai: Gradually but surely the truth is coming out.Even the USA has thrown more light on the matter, suggests Ojukwu starved his people out of sabi sabi!!!

I concur.
Ojukwu suffered the whole Igbo race for his Ego, Ambition and youthful exuberance.
died their hero. while they keep pointing fingers at people who would not allow themselves to be fooled. You can always make a decision you like, but do not force your ill-decisions on others.
Re: Achebe Wrote Out Of Ignorance - Gowon by ikeyman00(m): 12:43pm On Oct 29, 2012
^^^^ no point moving the goal post

will never never work

never!

nevertheless keep concurring oo
Re: Achebe Wrote Out Of Ignorance - Gowon by uzoexcel(m): 12:52pm On Oct 29, 2012
phreakabit:

How to make Egusi Soup

Ingredients

Egusi (Melon) seeds - 3 cigar cups | 600g
Red Palm Oil – 2 cooking spoons
Beef – Best cut and Shaki (cow tripe)
Fish – Dry Fish and Stock Fish
Crayfish
Pepper and Salt to taste
Vegetable – Pumpkin leaves or Bitter leaf
Seasoning – 3 Maggi or Knorr cubes
Traditional Seasoning – 1 Okpei (optional)
Tools I used

Cooker: Buy it in USA | in UK
Deep Pot: Buy it in USA | in UK
Spice grinder for grinding egusi (melon) seeds: Buy it in USA | in UK
Spatula: Buy it in USA | in UK
Chopping board: Buy it in USA | in UK
Knives: Buy it in USA | in UK
Before you cook Egusi Soup

Before preparing the soup, soak the dry fish for about half an hour. Boil the stockfish for 20 minutes and leave in the pot with the hot water to soak for about an hour.
Much closer to your cooking time, grind the Egusi with a dry mill. Grind the crayfish and the dry pepper separately and set aside. Wash the vegetable to be used. Cut into tiny pieces.
Boil the shaki, stock fish and dry fish in 1 litre of water till they are well done. First sign of a done shaki is that the cuts will start curling on itself.
Wash the beef to be used for the soup and place in a pot and start steaming at medium heat. There is no need to add water at this stage. When the meat is done, add 3 cubes of Maggi/Knorr. This method makes the meat cook faster while retaining all the taste. Also meat contains lots of water and you will notice that the water content increases as the meat starts to boil.
Cooking Directions

There are two main methods of cooking egusi soup. These we will call oil before egusi and egusi before oil. Confusing? Not.
Oil Before Egusi

Put 2 cooking spoons of red palm oil into a dry pot and set on the stove to heat. As soon as the oil is clearer, add the ground egusi and start frying. This should be done at low heat to avoid burning. Keep frying till you see the egusi getting drier. One sign of this is that it will start sticking to the bottom of the pot.
Now, start adding the shaki/fish stock little by little while still turning the egusi. When the stock is exhausted and you feel that the soup is still too thick, you can add more water. If your choice of vegetable is bitterleaf, it should be added now as well.
Cover the pot and cook for 30 to 45 minutes. The egusi is done when you notice that the oil has risen to the surface of the mix and separated from the mix. If this is the case, add the fish, shaki and meat. Also add pepper and salt to taste. If pumpkin leaves (or any other soft vegetable) is your choice, please add it now.
Cover the pot and leave everything to steam together for 5 minutes.
The egusi soup is ready to be served with amala, Eba (garri), pounded yam or cassava fufu.
Egusi Before Oil

This method produces a healthier egusi soup. This is because there is no frying involved.
In this method, as soon as the shaki, fish and meat are done, remove them from the stock and place in a different pot or plate.
Add the ground egusi to the stock and cook for 40 minutes. You will notice the clear egusi oil coming to the surface of the soup.
Add 2 cooking spoons of red palm oil, the meat, fish, bitter leaves (if it is your choice of vegetable) pepper and salt to taste and cook for another 10 minutes. Now, add the pumpkin leaves if is your choice of vegetables, stir the soup and turn off the heat.
The egusi soup is ready to be served with amala, Eba (garri), pounded yam or cassava fufu

and btw, what are we discussing on nairaland today sef grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Achebe Wrote Out Of Ignorance - Gowon by Olaolufred(m): 12:54pm On Oct 29, 2012
Da infamous: 100% lies is never documented,yoroapes are very good at fiction imagination.....

Try this attached document and see if it is true.
published by Dr. Chika A. Onyeani of New York.

Re: Achebe Wrote Out Of Ignorance - Gowon by ebere1712: 1:22pm On Oct 29, 2012
Yoroslaves grin Stick to your plantation in illorin. Believe me, you belong there cheesy

1 Like

Re: Achebe Wrote Out Of Ignorance - Gowon by ToyinOlufade(m): 2:32pm On Oct 29, 2012
grin grin ;DWhose report will you believe? the report of an eye witness and participant or that of an ignoramus runaway?
haka_nai:

^^^ you mean Igbos like you abi and not the world. wink wink wink wink
;DWhose report will you believe? the report of an eye witness and participant or that of an ignoramus runaway?
haka_nai:

^^^ you mean Igbos like you abi and not the world. wink wink wink wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply)

Buhari Congratulates Turkey On Referendum / PDP Won Benue 2015 Elections - Mike Iordye / Taraba Children & People Hug Peter Obi During His Visit To Victims Of Flooding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.