Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,516 members, 7,861,483 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:02 PM

Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? - Religion (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? (118072 Views)

Why Catholics Pray Through Mary / Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by EMILO2STAY(m): 2:34pm On Dec 22, 2015
Ichiato:
I'm not dodging anything bro. I proved to you with Rev 8: 3-4, which depicts an angel offering incense to God. You're the one making absurd claims with no proof in the bold. Who said the priesthood ever ended? Who commanded it to end ? When and where?
seems ur ignorance is deeper than i thought, rev 8:3-4 is not a commandment to christians to burn incense during prayers so stop the pretence and stop using it as an excuse. In the old testament it was clearly instructed to the priest were and when to offer incense and it was only done by a priest, They did not do it because an angel did it, it was clearly instructed, So stop using that as excuse. The levitical priesthood has ended why do u doubt hebrews 7:12, "For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law". So u can see the old system of worship has passed away why do u keep making excuses for ur pagan tradition.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 22, 2015
EMILO2STAY:
seems ur ignorance is deeper than i thought, rev 8:3-4 is not a commandment to christians to burn incense during prayers so stop the pretence and stop using it as an excuse. In the old testament it was clearly instructed to the priest were and when to offer incense and it was only done by a priest, They did not do it because an angel did it, it was clearly instructed, So stop using that as excuse. The levitical priesthood has ended why do u doubt hebrews 7:12, "For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law". So u can see the old system of worship has passed away why do u keep making excuses for ur pagan tradition.
See who is accusing one of ignorance. Stop dodging issues and answer my questions. Where or when did God command us to stop burning of incense. I specifically stated that God does not have to command his people to burn incense again when he never stoped them from doing such since he first commanded them to do it in the old testament. You're just grasping at straws here.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 22, 2015
DiademSh07:

Reward for her uprightness and holiness! Hence, she became blessed!
Let me also tell you that no form of worship whatsoever should be given to Mary, it's God who deserves all praises and worship either on earth or heaven beyond!

Its not a reward sir. It's favor. Okay, educate yourself.

You are not going to get that 'reward' of giving birth to another Jesus if you become upright and holy.

Calling Mary blessed in itself is a form of worship. Look up for the meaning of worship in your dictionary.

Alms giving to the poor and needy is also a form of worship.

Love and obedience is worship. etc

All praises, all thanksgiving, all love, all worship and all of all should go to God. The love and respect you give your parents only shows that you love and respect God. It doesn't subtract from the love you and respect you have for God. Or does it?

Now, when you call Mary or anybody blessed, it doesn't remove the blessedness of God rather in the enhances as all blessing comes from Him. Even said "my soul magnifies the Lord".... do you know what it means to magnify something?

Don't be so narrowly minded just because you want to prove a point. "Whatsoever, you do to these my brethren, that you do unto me" Matt 25:40.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by EMILO2STAY(m): 3:08pm On Dec 22, 2015
Ichiato:
See who is accusing one of ignorance. Stop dodging issues and answer my questions. Where or when did God command us to stop burning of incense. I specifically stated that God does not have to command his people to burn incense again when he never stoped them from doing such since he first commanded them to do it in the old testament. You're just grasping at straws here.
guy it seems u are stupid and u lack simple comprehension my reply above has proved u wrong but u turn a blind eye to it so that u can keep ranting with ur sensless words: refute what i just put up there before saying any other sensless thing. U admit God commanded them to burn incense in the old testament but cannot prove he did same for christians.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by DiademSh07: 3:12pm On Dec 22, 2015
dmandy:

Its not a reward sir. It's favor. Okay, educate yourself.

You are not going to get that 'reward' of giving birth to another Jesus if you become upright and holy.

Calling Mary blessed in itself is a form of worship. Look up for the meaning of worship in your dictionary.

Alms giving to the poor and needy is also a form of worship.

Love and obedience is worship. etc

All praises, all thanksgiving, all love, all worship and all of all should go to God. The love and respect you give your parents only shows that you love and respect God. It doesn't subtract from the love you and respect you have for God. Or does it?

Now, when you call Mary or anybody blessed, it doesn't remove the blessedness of God rather in the enhances as all blessing comes from Him. Even said "my soul magnifies the Lord".... do you know what it means to magnify something?

Don't be so narrowly minded just because you want to prove a point. "Whatsoever, you do to these my brethren, that you do unto me" Matt 25:40.
Of course, no one is going to birth a new Christ!
But let me get this straight, do you mean Catholics' call of Mary as a blessed woman is the only thing people refers to when they say Catholic worship Mary? Let me tell you I attended a Catholic boarding School and I know everything Catholic practise in that Church of theirs! We even had a Rosary ground that has Mary's graven image to which we were all told to kneel, recite the creed and pray to, every evening before Prep!
Hence, it's not the blessedness part we are talking about but worshipping Mary!
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 22, 2015
DiademSh07:

Of course, no one is going to birth a new Christ!
But let me get this straight, do you mean Catholics' call of Mary as a blessed woman is the only thing people refers to when they say Catholic worship Mary? Let me tell you I attended a Catholic boarding School and I know everything Catholic practise in that Church of theirs! We even had a Rosary ground that has Mary's graven image to which we were all told to kneel, recite the creed and pray to, every evening before Prep!
Hence, it's not the blessedness part we are talking about but worshipping Mary!

Okay, have you acknowledged that it's not any reward for righteousness? But at least you made a sttiking revelation which most protestants argue, 'her holiness and righteousness'.

Glad you went to a Catholic school so you should know what you are saying.

Could you tell us what creed you recited to Mary?

Do you know that calling her blessed is worship?

Were you asked to worship the statue?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by vooks: 5:15pm On Dec 22, 2015
dmandy:

Now, this woman exclaimed out of joy after hearing Jesus teach. She thought that its all over 'Mary has taking it all' because she nursed Jesus. In consolation, Jesus said 'don't despair' you too can be blessed because Mary though blessed because she is the my mother, but she is more blessed because she kept the word of God which you too can. Now, go and keep the word you have heard today.

God bless you.
You really are doing a horrible job helping Holy Spirit with inspiration.

Here are ALL the English versions of the verse. Please show me any that supports your fantasies
LUKE 11:28
KJ21 But He said, “Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the Word of God and keep it.”
ASV But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.
AMP But He said, “On the contrary, blessed (happy, favored by God) are those who hear the word of God and continually observe it.”
AMPC But He said, Blessed (happy and to be envied) rather are those who hear the Word of God and obey and practice it!
BRG But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.
CEB But he said, “Happy rather are those who hear God’s word and put it into practice.”
CJB But he said, “Far more blessed are those who hear the word of God and obey it!”
CEV Jesus replied, “That’s true, but the people who are really blessed are the ones who hear and obey God’s message!”
DARBY But *he* said, Yea rather, blessed are they who hear the word of God and keep [it].
DLNT But He said, “More-than-that, blessed are the ones hearing the word of God and keeping it”.
DRA But he said: Yea rather, blessed are they who hear the word of God, and keep it.
ERV But Jesus said, “The people who hear the teaching of God and obey it—they are the ones who have God’s blessing.”
ESV But he said, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and keep it!”
ESVUK But he said, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and keep it!”
EXB But Jesus said, “·No [L Rather; On the contrary], blessed are those who hear the ·teaching [word] of God and ·obey [practice; keep] it.”
GNV But he said, Yea, rather blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.
GW Jesus replied, “Rather, how blessed are those who hear and obey God’s word.”
GNT But Jesus answered, “Rather, how happy are those who hear the word of God and obey it!”
HCSB He said, “Even more, those who hear the word of God and keep it are blessed!”
ICB But Jesus said, “Those who hear the teaching of God and obey it—they are the ones who are truly blessed.”
ISV But he said, “Instead, how blessed are those who hear God’s word and obey it!”
PHILLIPS But Jesus replied, “Yes, but a far greater blessing to hear the word of God and obey it.”
JUB But he said, Rather, blessed are those that hear the word of God and keep it.
KJV But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.
AKJV But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.
LEB But he said, “On the contrary, blessed are those who hear the word of God and follow it!”
TLB He replied, “Yes, but even more blessed are all who hear the Word of God and put it into practice.”
MSG Jesus commented, “Even more blessed are those who hear God’s Word and guard it with their lives!”
MEV But He said, “Indeed, blessed are those who hear the word of God and keep it.”
MOUNCE But he said, “On the contrary, blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and keep it!”
NOG Yeshua replied, “Rather, how blessed are those who hear and obey God’s word.”
NABRE He replied, “Rather, blessed are those who hear the word of God and observe it.”
NASB But He said, “On the contrary, blessed are those who hear the word of God and observe it.”
NCV But Jesus said, “No, blessed are those who hear the teaching of God and obey it.”
NET But he replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it!”
NIRV He replied, “Instead, blessed are those who hear God’s word and obey it.”
NIV He replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.”
NIVUK He replied, ‘Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.’
NKJV But He said, “More than that, blessed are those who hear the word of God and keep it!”
NLV But He said, “Yes, but those who hear the Word of God and obey it are happy.”
NLT Jesus replied, “But even more blessed are all who hear the word of God and put it into practice.”
NRSV But he said, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it!”
NRSVA But he said, ‘Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it!’
NRSVACE But he said, ‘Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it!’
NRSVCE But he said, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it!”
OJB But Rebbe Melech HaMoshiach said, Aderaba (to the contrary); ashrey are the ones hearing the dvar Hashem and being shomer mitzvot! [T.N. Notice refusal here of Moshiach to allow his Em to be given Goyishe veneration]
RSV But he said, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and keep it!”
RSVCE But he said, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and keep it!”
VOICE breasts for nursing You! Jesus: No, how blessed are those who hear God’s voice and make God’s message their way of life.
WEB But he said, “On the contrary, blessed are those who hear the word of God, and keep it.”
WE But Jesus said, `Happy are those who hear God's word and obey it!'
WYC And he said, But yea blessed be they [And he said, Rather, blessed be they], that hear the word of God, and keep it.
YLT And he said, `Yea, rather, happy those hearing the word of God, and keeping [it]!'

If I may break down your stupidity;
1. Mary is blessed because she was Jesus' mother
2. Mary was was further blessed because she kept God's word

Conclusion
Mary remains several notches higher than the most obedient human because on top of that, she did what no other man ever did namely beating Christ.

Question(s)
1. If it is IMPOSSIBLE for any human to be blessed more than Mary, why did Jesus entertain such possibility in his answer to this woman?

2. We are told Mary kept those words meaning those particular words/message of the angel. NONE of this can conclusively be used to argue that she AFTERWARDS kept God's word to the letter. On what basis do you presume Mary's perfect obedience, especially in the light of Romans 3:23-24, 'ALL have sinned'?

3. Hebrews tells us Jesus was tempted yet WITHOUT sin- Hebrews 4:15-16. What's so unique about Jesus seeing another man born before him was EQUALLY sinless?

4. Let us look closely at the verses which Satanists claim support Mary's sinlessness as per #2;
Luke 2:19 (ESV)
19 But Mary treasured up all these things, pondering them in her heart

Luke 2:49-51 (ESV)
49 And he said to them, “Why were you looking for me? Did you not know that I must be in my Father's house?” 50 And they did not understand the saying that he spoke to them. 51 And he went down with them and came to Nazareth and was submissive to them. And his mother treasured up all these things in her heart.

Exactly how does any of this make Mary obedient, let alone MOST obedient than the rest?

5. Is it not idiotic to claim she kept God's Word in her womb? Jesus says blessed is He who hears and keeps. Did she first hear Jesus and then kept Him in her womb? You are mixing idioms
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by DiademSh07: 5:25pm On Dec 22, 2015
dmandy:

Okay, have you acknowledged that it's not any reward for righteousness? But at least you made a sttiking revelation which most protestants argue, 'her holiness and righteousness'.

Glad you went to a Catholic school so you should know what you are saying.

Could you tell us what creed you recited to Mary?

Do you know that calling her blessed is worship?

Were you asked to worship the statue?
The reality is if Mary was unrighteous and impure, she wouldn't have been chosen in the first place to birth Christ!
Note that all children are gift from the Lord, let alone of being worthy of having Christ as a son! That's really a great gift and reward!
And are you saying when we kneel to bow down to this graven image of Mary and ask her to pray for us is no worshipping Mary? Infact, that's two sins in one! First is bowing to an idol, which God commanded us not to! Second is idolising Mary and giving out what God deserve (praise and worship) to his subject, Mary!
Worshipping Mary is definitely not right in the sight of God, only God deserves that!
Mary is just human like we are! And the disciple of Christ were just as blessed as Mary!
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by vooks: 5:43pm On Dec 22, 2015
DiademSh07:

The reality is if Mary was unrighteous and impure, she wouldn't have been chosen in the first place to birth Christ!
Note that all children are gift from the Lord, let alone of being worthy of having Christ as a son! That's really a great gift and reward!
And are you saying when we kneel to bow down to this graven image of Mary and ask her to pray for us is no worshipping Mary? Infact, that's two sins in one! First is bowing to an idol, which God commanded us not to! Second is idolising Mary and giving out what God deserve (praise and worship) to his subject, Mary!
Worshipping Mary is definitely not right in the sight of God, only God deserves that!
Mary is just human like we are! And the disciple of Christ were just as blessed as Mary!

Please study this prayer carefully

Consecration to Our Lady by Pope John Paul II

Immaculate Conception, Mary my Mother
Live in me, act in me.
Speak in and through me.
Think your thoughts in my mind.
Love through my heart.
Give me your dispositions and feelings.
Teach, lead and guide me to Jesus.
Correct and enlighten and expand my thoughts and behaviour.
Possess my soul and take over my entire personality and life.
Replace it with yourself.

Incline me to constant adoration and thanksgiving.
Pray in and through me.
Let me live in you and keep me in this union always. Amen.

This is literally seeking to be POSSESSED by a demon
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by DiademSh07: 5:49pm On Dec 22, 2015
vooks:

Immaculate Conception, Mary my Mother Live in me, act in me. Speak in and through me. Think your thoughts in my mind. Love through my heart. Give me your dispositions and feelings. Teach, lead and guide me to Jesus. Correct and enlighten and expand my thoughts and behaviour. Possess my soul and take over my entire personality and life. Replace it with yourself. Incline me to constant adoration and thanksgiving. Pray in and through me. Let me live in you and keep me in this union always. Amen.

Can you imagine!
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 22, 2015
DiademSh07:

Mary was righteous and holy and still is righteous and holy. It's okay if you feel her giving birth to Jesus was a reward. It's still cool.

That is the issue, if you were asking the image to pray for you then you were wrong. No catholic church asks you to kneel and pray to image but to Mary.

Human beings deserve praise too.

People deserve worship too, make no mistake about it.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by vooks: 6:04pm On Dec 22, 2015
DiademSh07:

Can you imagine!

Shhh........Syncan,italo,dmandy are possessed by the Virgin. What you see here is not these two fellas but the Virgin thinking THROUGH them cheesy
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by DiademSh07: 6:14pm On Dec 22, 2015
dmandy:

Mary was righteous and holy and still is righteous and holy. It's okay if you feel her giving birth to Jesus was a reward. It's still cool.

That is the issue, if you were asking the image to pray for you then you were wrong. No catholic church asks you to kneel and pray to image but to Mary.

What does the creed says? The part of holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us...
Why would you ask the dead to pray for you?
Like I said earlier, we were told to bow, kneel and recite creed to the graven image of Mary on the Rosary ground every evening before prep! That tells a lot!
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by vooks: 6:22pm On Dec 22, 2015
dmandy:

All nonsensical claims WITHOUT proof or evidence

Praying to dead men is worse than idols

When last did St. Bakhita or St. Peter praise you?

When the Virgin sets some time apart to worship you make a recording and share it here cheesy
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 22, 2015
@vooks

Lolx, what you actually called my stupidity is a breakdown of my message. You really read with apt concentration. kudos.

Well, it was the word of God that came to Mary (not just Angel's). She heard this word and believed it, do you know the result, she became the mother of Jesus. So is blessed that the almighty has done marvelous thing for him (she became the mother of our savior). she is blessed because she believed the promise of God. She is even more blessed because she heard the word of God and kept it.

You cannot take that away, all your translations still proves Jesus agrees with the woman.

But u said nothing about luke 1:42... of all women, you are the most blessed. Blessedness get level oga.

Your text didn't provide where Mary was disobedient to God.

Yag figuratively, Mary kept that word in her womb... sorry if u are pained.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 22, 2015
vooks:

Immaculate Conception, Mary my Mother
Live in me, act in me.
Speak in and through me.
Think your thoughts in my mind.
Love through my heart.
Give me your dispositions and feelings.
Teach, lead and guide me to Jesus.
Correct and enlighten and expand my thoughts and behaviour.
Possess my soul and take over my entire personality and life.
Replace it with yourself.

Incline me to constant adoration and thanksgiving.
Pray in and through me.
Let me live in you and keep me in this union always. Amen.

Powerful prayer

hope u read where it said lead me and guide me to Jesus. That is the ultimate Goal.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 22, 2015
vooks:

All nonsensical claims WITHOUT proof or evidence

Praying to dead men is worse than idols

When last did St. Bakhita or St. Peter praise you?

When the Virgin sets some time apart to worship you make a recording and share it here cheesy

Your friend has acknowledged the claim you call nonsensical. Another proof that you people don't and can't agree on anything.

Only if you know the meaning of prayer.

I can tell you when last I praised my dad, I can also tell u when last I praised Buhari.

She could be doing that now. Only God knows.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 22, 2015
DiademSh07:

What does the creed says? The part of holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us...
Why would you ask the dead to pray for you?
Like I said earlier, we were told to bow, kneel and recite creed to the graven image of Mary on the Rosary ground every evening before prep! That tells a lot!

You never attended any Catholic school as no part of the creed says Mary pray for us. But nevertheless, we ask Mary and indeed all the saints to pray for us.

Nobody asked you to pray to any image.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by DiademSh07: 6:49pm On Dec 22, 2015
dmandy:

You never attended any Catholic school as no part of the creed says Mary pray for us. But nevertheless, we ask Mary and indeed all the saints to pray for us.

Nobody asked you to pray to any image.
LOL!
No creed as 'Holy mary, mother of God, pray for us now and at the hour of our death amen'. Note that this is the response to 'Hail mary, mother of God, blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of the womb, Jesus!
You are telling me who has seen all is to see in catholic church that there's no creed as such!
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 22, 2015
DiademSh07:

LOL!
No creed as 'Holy mary, mother of God, pray for us now and at the hour of our death amen'. Note that this is the response to 'Hail mary, mother of God, blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of the womb, Jesus!
You are telling me who has seen all is to see in catholic church that there's no creed as such!

it's not funny. You didn't have to lie about being s catholic boarder to say what you want.

Hail mary prayer is not a creed and it is not a part of the apostles creed that the Catholic church recites. Any body who lived close to a catholic school should know that talklestankless of someone who visited the school.

quit lie.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by DiademSh07: 7:10pm On Dec 22, 2015
dmandy:

it's not funny. You didn't have to lie about being s catholic boarder to say what you want.

Hail mary prayer is not a creed and it is not a part of the apostles creed that the Catholic church recites. Any body who lived close to a catholic school should know that talklestankless of someone who visited the school.

quit lie.
Whatever the creed is! The fact is Catholic prays to Mary!
Now that I think about it, I think the creed is 'I believe in God almighty, the creator of Heaven and Earth, for all that is seen and unseen etc... If that's the creed you are talking about, we don't recite that on the rosary ground but in Church, whenever we go for morning masses at 5:30 a.m!
Forgive me if I can't remember whatever creed they recite after 5 yrs of leaving the said school! All I know is we bow, kneel and pray to the graven image on rosary ground every evening!
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Rich4god(m): 8:15pm On Dec 22, 2015
DiademSh07:

Now that I think about it, I think the creed is 'I believe in God almighty, the creator of Heaven and Earth, for all that is seen and unseen etc... If that's the creed you are talking about, we don't recite that on the rosary ground but in Church, whenever we go for morning masses at 5:30 a.m!
Forgive me if I can't remember whatever creed they recite after 5 yrs of leaving the said school! All I know is we bow, kneel and pray to the graven image on rosary ground every evening!
lol.... I think this just confirmed the fact that you didnt attend a catholic sch...
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by DiademSh07: 8:28pm On Dec 22, 2015
Rich4god:
lol.... I think this just confirmed the fact that you didnt attend a catholic sch...
LOL!
You can as well see that the doctrine of yours is weird and funny too!
I don't need you to believe whether I was a catholic boarder or not, the truth is I was and those are what we were made to pass through! You dare not miss the Rosary ground in the evening or the morning mass by 5:30! And what do will do there in the end? Kneel all day, bow, recite rosary to a graven image! Station of the cross is the worst though!
Thank God I've graduated from the said school!
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 22, 2015
DiademSh07:

okay... go and sin no more.

which one was your school?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 22, 2015
vooks:

Recall John is observing this in a VISION, and in vision, different symbols are employed. He also witnesses a lamb in heaven. Do you think there are domestic animals in heaven?

Further, we are EXPRESSLY told what incense stands for in Revelation.
Revelation 5:8 (ESV)
8 And when he had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each holding a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.

Incense=prayers.

This means an angel offering incense in a vision is no rationale for priests and altar boys doing the same here.

Young man, you need to study Hebrews at length and prove me wrong when I state that Catholicism is Satanism.

Hebrews 8:13 (ESV)
13 In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away
Your claim is quite funny. Reread your post and hear just how silly you sound. Was there ever a time any offering to God was not a symbol or representation of something else? When Zechariah offered incense was it a symbol of prayer, love, worship e.t.c or God actually needed incense in heaven? When Abraham offered an animal, was it a symbol of something else or God wanted physical animal? When you offer money, is the a sign of something else or God wants money in heaven hence your offering? Regarding your Hebrew 8:13 passage, I suggest you read Matt. 5:17-19 and hear what Jesus has to say.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 22, 2015
EMILO2STAY:
guy it seems u are stupid and u lack simple comprehension my reply above has proved u wrong but u turn a blind eye to it so that u can keep ranting with ur sensless words: refute what i just put up there before saying any other sensless thing. U admit God commanded them to burn incense in the old testament but cannot prove he did same for christians.
If Christians are so different from the people of old testament you can as well tear off your old testament books. You failed to answer any of my questions and now you just quote me with a post you riddled with insults. I will take that as an hint that you have run out of ideas. Bye
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by vooks: 8:51pm On Dec 22, 2015
dmandy:

Your friend has acknowledged the claim you call nonsensical. Another proof that you people don't and can't agree on anything.

Because we use our heads unlike you cultist who never think beyond Vatican garbage. You need gay celibates to advise you on the efficacy of condoms.

All cults stifle dissent or difference so your 'unity' is actually shoved down your throat.

Only if you know the meaning of prayer.
If only you could think

I can tell you when last I praised my dad, I can also tell u when last I praised Buhari.
I can tell you are bullshitting to water down the fact that Catholicism is satanism and paganism rolled into one

She could be doing that now. Only God knows.
Funny 'communion of saints' where only God knows whether the dead are worshipping or praising you. It's really one-way monologue, isn't it cool cool

So much for 'fellowship'. Am having intense 'communion' with my water dispenser as we speak cheesy grin
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by vooks: 8:52pm On Dec 22, 2015
dmandy:

Powerful prayer

hope u read where it said lead me and guide me to Jesus. That is the ultimate Goal.
Is this dmandy or the virgin demon typing this? grin
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 8:54pm On Dec 22, 2015
I don't make images of myself-taken photo's or looking in the mirror-isn't a sign of worship-isn't a sign of praising myself, isn't a sign to bow down too.
God made me in His image-not my own.
dmandy:

When you agree that you said you don't make images of yourself, I will engage you. I am on Christmas break, mention me any time any day.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by vooks: 9:02pm On Dec 22, 2015
dmandy:
@vooks

Lolx, what you actually called my stupidity is a breakdown of my message. You really read with apt concentration. kudos.

Well, it was the word of God that came to Mary (not just Angel's). She heard this word and believed it, do you know the result, she became the mother of Jesus. So is blessed that the almighty has done marvelous thing for him (she became the mother of our savior). she is blessed because she believed the promise of God. She is even more blessed because she heard the word of God and kept it.

You cannot take that away, all your translations still proves Jesus agrees with the woman.

But u said nothing about luke 1:42... of all women, you are the most blessed. Blessedness get level oga.

Your text didn't provide where Mary was disobedient to God.

Yag figuratively, Mary kept that word in her womb... sorry if u are pained.

You clearly have run out of points hence running in circles.

1. Demonstrate Mary sinlessness from scriptures. Sadly satanists despise scriptures so am certain you can't prove it

2. Walk me through the demonic leap of logic from Mary's blessedness to devil worship(Queen of Heaven is a demonic entity)

3. Jesus Christ tells me keeping His word is what makes me MORE blessed than the womb that bore him which is quite helpful seeing am a man and Jesus is not about to be born again cheesy
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 22, 2015
vooks:

Because we use our heads unlike you cultist who never think beyond Vatican garbage. You need gay celibates to advise you on the efficacy of condoms.

All cults stifle dissent or difference so your 'unity' is actually shoved down your throat.

If only you could think

I can tell you are bullshitting to water down the fact that Catholicism is satanism and paganism rolled into one

Funny 'communion of saints' where only God knows whether the dead are worshipping or praising you. It's really one-way monologue, isn't it cool cool

So much for 'fellowship'. Am having intense 'communion' with my water dispenser as we speak cheesy grin

You use your head.... that's why you have opposite teachings of one topic. God is not the author of confusion. When you know God you will start allowing his spirit to direct u and stop using ur limited brain.

No sir, communion of saints is not one way monologue. It is communion.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 9:13pm On Dec 22, 2015
The video I have produced, is the complete opposite' it don't prove the Catholic Church was built by Jesus, this is only your say.
You should watch the video {Instead of claiming you had} tell me what you think after relaxing into the video.
If you are honest enough to yourself' you will change your beliefs, from the lie, to the truth, knowing all your life you have been following after the beast instead of Christ.
The Catholic's have made a big mistake-Mary Isn't equal with Jesus, Mary the Mother of God-Queen of heaven has not got the authority to have the final decision' above Jesus.
Jesus is our savour, He is the light that shines, He is the way and the truth and the life, and He is the gateway to heaven.
Mary can't save you, Mary can't give the final decision-Mary isn't the gate to heaven, God didn't grant Mary to be the Queen of heaven, the Catholic's did.
Read the bible, don't listen to the rubbish, listen to the truth about Christ.
dmandy:

Sir,

the Church of God is one and there is nothing you can do about it, not in this world and definitely not in the next. Your video actually proves that the Church Jesus built on earth is catholic.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (83) (Reply)

Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion / Famous Atheists Last Words Before Dying / Dunamis Glory Sanctuary, The Lord’s Garden Abuja, The World's Biggest Auditorium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.