Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,239 members, 7,849,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:56 AM

Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? - Religion (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? (117832 Views)

Why Catholics Pray Through Mary / Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 3:56am On Dec 21, 2015
You say its faultless-to whom is it faultless?
Your faultless isn't the truth.
italo:

What you wrote is your belief, not Catholic belief.

You can't argue against our belief (because it is faultless)...so you falsify beliefs for us and argue against your own lies.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 4:09am On Dec 21, 2015
I am also a Saint, my name is saint Brocab-I have joined the rest of the disciples of saints-who believe.
We are together with one accord worshipping the only true God' Jesus Christ.
I am a believer, like in the day's of old, but I don't see you praising me.
Just think if the Catholic's removed every statue from each Church-and start worshipping Jesus-instead of your faultless religion, that isn't scriptural, I assure you the arguments will stop.
Ubenedictus:

THe accusations continues. even after telling u
we dont worship her u'll still accuse us of
worshipping her. u guys tire me.
on another note where did u get d info that
catholic dont honor St Elizabeth?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 4:19am On Dec 21, 2015
No we don't want to remove Mary's name from the bible-we want you to accept Jesus-we want you pray to Him, worship Him, love Him, get rid of your statues, ask Jesus to come into your hearts, worship Him as you do with His Mother.
Put Jesus first-live for Jesus, die for Jesus, and live.

Jesus said:One must be born again. Making the right choice, not as a infant, Infants don't make choices.
dmandy:

If it is possible for u people to remove the name 'Mary' from the bible una for don do am since.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by marykaydee: 5:17am On Dec 21, 2015
italo:

The word of God says "Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you, blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb."

I will listen to it.

You are good. Check this out https://www.nairaland.com/2720878/jehovahs-witnesses-17-facts-people/15#39822969
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 6:03am On Dec 21, 2015
brocab:
You say its faultless-to whom is it faultless?
Your faultless isn't the truth.

It's God's Church. It cannot teach error. That's why you can't find error in it when you use your brain.

You can only find error with your misrepresentation of it.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 6:26am On Dec 21, 2015
No-ones talking about error, it is you who believe its God's Church.
Another Church bites the dust. Everyone who have repented, had come out from the Catholic Church all say the same thing.
Someday you will realise the truth, But at least, I have a good word to give you-you do stick by your Church, even thru you don't believe in Christ fully.
italo:

It's God's Church. It cannot teach error. That's why you can't find error in it when you use your brain.

You can only find error with your misrepresentation of it.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 6:52am On Dec 21, 2015
brocab:
Another Church bites the dust. Everyone who have repented, had come out from the Catholic Church all say the same thing.
Someday you will realise the truth, But at least, I have a good word to give you-you do stick by your Church, even thru you don't believe in Christ fully.

All these are your opinion, not God's.

And you're not that sensible that your opinion should matter at all.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 6:58am On Dec 21, 2015
brocab:

You are welcome to continue ranting as long as you don't believe the bible. Christ built a church on earth and gates of hell (talkless of gate of brocab) shall not prevail against it.

The Church that bites dust is the same church that taught you God is a trinity to which you jumped.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 7:02am On Dec 21, 2015
brocab:
No we don't want to remove Mary's name from the bible-we want you to accept Jesus-we want you pray to Him, worship Him, love Him, get rid of your statues, ask Jesus to come into your hearts, worship Him as you do with His Mother.
Put Jesus first-live for Jesus, die for Jesus, and live.

Jesus said:One must be born again. Making the right choice, not as a infant, Infants don't make choices.

I put Jesus first that's why I have his image around me and within me.

St. Brocab, how do u explain Jesus to a kid?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 7:09am On Dec 21, 2015
It all depends how old the kid is, once they get to a certain age, tell them about Jesus, show them Jesus in you. faith without works is dead.
dmandy:

I put Jesus first that's why I have his image around me and within me.

St. Brocab, how do u explain Jesus to a kid?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 7:17am On Dec 21, 2015
Matthew 18:20 "For where two or three are gathered in My name, I am there in the midst.
God's Church is the people, nothing in the bible does it say its a building. Are you upset Italo?
dmandy:

You are welcome to continue ranting as long as you don't believe the bible. Christ built a church on earth and gates of hell (talkless of gate of brocab) shall not prevail against it.

The Church that bites dust is the same church that taught you God is a trinity to which you jumped.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 7:26am On Dec 21, 2015
Its not my opinion, it's Gods word.
italo:

All these are your opinion, not God's.

And you're not that sensible that your opinion should matter at all.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 7:40am On Dec 21, 2015
brocab:
It all depends how old the kid is, once they get to a certain age, tell them about Jesus, show them Jesus in you. faith without works is dead.

Simple question and you are dancing around the market, how would u explain Jesus to a kid? If you don't know who a kid is check a dictionary.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 21, 2015
brocab:
Matthew 18:20 "For where two or three are gathered in My name, I am there in the midst.
God's Church is the people, nothing in the bible does it say its a building. Are you upset Italo?
God's church is not a building and I didn't say such. It's God people and Christ established in thus "And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it'.

Bro, it is much more than two or three people gathering in the name of Jesus. It's a commission, and I don't care if it you believe that or not. The succession of apostles and men and women from entrusted to teach the God news to ends of the world up till those to whom the word has gotten to make up the church and there is no alternative line.

How then will they call on (add gather in the name of) Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher? How will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written, "HOW BEAUTIFUL ARE THE FEET OF THOSE WHO BRING GOOD NEWS OF GOOD THINGS!".
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by italo: 8:06am On Dec 21, 2015
brocab:
Its not my opinion, it's Gods word.

It's not. God never said those.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by EMILO2STAY(m): 8:18am On Dec 21, 2015
Ubenedictus:
CHRIST WHO WENT TO THE TEMPLE WERE INCENSE WAS FREQUENTLY BURNT DIDN'T COMPLAIN, GOD WHO USE INCENSE IN HEAVEN ISN'T COMPLAINING.
WHY ARE U CONDEMNING WERE GOD DIDN'T CONDEMN?
stop with the unreasonable response. i need a biblical passage to support the building of temples and the use of incense for christians.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 8:23am On Dec 21, 2015
Matthew 16:16-18 "Jesus said, and who you say that I am, Peter answered and said, you are the Christ the Son is of the living God, Jesus then said, flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in Heaven.
I also say to you, you are Peter and upon this rock I will build My Church, and the gates of hades will not come against it.
This scripture isn't about Peter, Jesus said, He will build His Church with the word of God, it was God who had revealed this information to Peter. And with His word, the gates of hades will not prevail against it.
The Catholic Church has nothing to do this scripture. No Church building has.
The word says when two or three are gathered Christ is in the midst of them. We don't need large Churches to fill up-only two or three, gathered.
I will share a little story to you, Jesus was walking, and He had noticed a young man sitting on the foot path, He went over to him and sat beside Him, Jesus asked, what's wrong, the young man replied, and said, the Church wont let me in, Jesus said, I know how you feel, they won't let Me in either.
dmandy:

God's church is not a building and I didn't say such. It's God people and Christ established in thus "And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it'.

Bro, it is much more than two or three people gathering in the name of Jesus. It's a commission, and I don't care if it you believe that or not. The succession of apostles and men and women from entrusted to teach the God news to ends of the world up till those to whom the word has gotten to make up the church and there is no alternative line.

How then will they call on (add gather in the name of) Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher? How will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written, "HOW BEAUTIFUL ARE THE FEET OF THOSE WHO BRING GOOD NEWS OF GOOD THINGS!".
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 21, 2015
scene one opens

Brocab: The Rosary is idolatory.

dmandy: No, it can't possibly be because all the prayers and meditations in the rosary are all in the bible.

brocab: that is a big fat lie, show me.

dmandy: Okay here is what I do when I say the holy rosary:

1. In the name of the father, the son and the Holy Spirit. Amen (matt 28:19)
2. I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth and in Jesus Christ our Lord, His only begotten Son …..(Jn 14:1)
3. Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come …….(Matt 6:9)
4. Hail Mary full of Grace, the lord is with you…..(luk 1:28)
5. Glory be to the Father, to the Son and to the Holy spirit …..(phil 4:20)

brocab: Okay, I will give u a pat on the back

dmandy: Thank you. Now do you want me to teach you how to pray the rosary?

Brocab: dmandy, but bible says you should not make any image of anything in heaven or anything on earth or below the earth. The Catholic church has images in their churches they are disobeying the 10 commandments.

dmandy: No, that not what the Bible says. Rather it says do 'since I did not reveal myself in any form to you, don't make any form lest you make mistake. And do not bow down and worship it and say 'this is my God'. Now let me ask you, Brocab, you are on earth right? If God said don't make any images of anything on earth and you make image of yourself, what are you doing?

Brocab: No, I don't make image of myself.

dmandy: You lie, your picture is an image, the person you see on the mirror is an image.

brocab: I know I am talking about image made of clay, I am made in the image of God and God's image is not clay.

dmandy: Sir, you lie again, God made His image out of clay.

brocab: Yes, I know but you see when you look at it the image for a day or two it's no longer sin.

dmandy: Are you saying that what makes idolatory a sin is how long one looks at it?

brocab: ....

dmandy: hello, Bro are you there?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by EMILO2STAY(m): 8:37am On Dec 21, 2015
Ubenedictus:
MY DEAR THE BIBLE SAYS WHAT IS WRITTEN IN D PAST IS FOR OUR INSTRUCTION. IF ZACHARIAH BURN INCENSE AND IT DOESN'T OFFEND GOD BUT ACTUALLY ACCEPTABLE TO HIM AND EVEN THE WORSHIP IN HEAVEN HAVE INCENSE AND GOD IS NOT ANGRY, WHY THEN DO YOU THINK GOD DISAPPROVE WHEN CATHOLICS BURN INCENSE? OR DOES IT JUST BECOME SINFUL WHEN CATHOLICS DO IT?
REMEMBER D FIRST ARGUMENT IS THAT INCENSE IS NOT BIBLICAL AND THAT HAS BEEN CLEARLY DEBUNKED.
is zachariah a christian?, the use of incense was clearly commandment from God to the ancient israelites to burn in the temples by the high priest, the use of incense ended when christ died and resurrected. There is no record of early christians using incense for religious purpose.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by EMILO2STAY(m): 8:45am On Dec 21, 2015
Ichiato:
Did Christ tell you that the way he prayed his the only acceptable way to pray? Where in the bible did it say never to offer incense to God? Keep dancing skelewu with your irrelevant questions. Very soon you will ask me where in the bible did it say we should eat amala and ewedu like pastoraio grin
the law was only a school master and the bible said "what is getting old is ready to pass away", today we have a better covenant in christ jesus and he is our high priest,
in the old covenant the high priest burn incense in the temple but today we have a better high priest in christ. I know u catholics lack understanding that is why ur replies lack intelligence, they do not make sense. U cannot provide a scripture to support ur religious practice that is why keep replying nonsense.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 21, 2015
brocab:
Matthew 16:16-18 "Jesus said, and who you say that I am, Peter answered and said, you are the Christ the Son is of the living God, Jesus then said, flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in Heaven.
I also say to you, you are Peter and upon this rock I will build My Church, and the gates of hades will not come against it.
This scripture isn't about Peter, Jesus said, He will build His Church with the word of God, it was God who had revealed this information to Peter. And with His word, the gates of hades will not prevail against it.
Okay, the scripture is not about Peter, the Catholic church probably added Peter there. But at least, It has something to do with Christ building a church and he was saying it to somebody (and according to brocab that person is not Peter). This passage also has nothing to do with Peter "and he brought Simon to Jesus. When Jesus saw him, He said, "You are Simon, son of John. You will be called Cephas" (which means "Rock"wink. ". Nothing.

The Catholic Church has nothing to do this scripture.
The Church has everything to do with it, it is catholic because it is universal (And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations. Look up the word 'catholic'.
No Church building has.
You are probably the most confused human on earth... You are here quoting Jesus saying he will build a church and then that no church building is being talked about. Your hatred for the catholic church is driving you crazy, pray hard.
The word says when two or three are gathered Christ is in the midst of them. We don't need large Churches church to fill up-only two or three, gathered.
You don't need large church (The Church of Jesus Christ is One) but Jesus does. You probably will question why he chose twelve instead of three and why he commissioned them to recruit more instead of closing the door. Open your eyes, you are being to deceived to hate Jesus without knowing.
I will share a little story to you, Jesus was walking, and He had noticed a young man sitting on the foot path, He went over to him and sat beside Him, Jesus asked, what's wrong, the young man replied, and said, the Church wont let me in, Jesus said, I know how you feel, they won't let Me in either.
Nice story, wish it was in the bible.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 21, 2015
EMILO2STAY:
the law was only a school master and the bible said "what is getting old is ready to pass away", today we have a better covenant in christ jesus and he is our high priest,
in the old covenant the high priest burn incense in the temple but today we have a better high priest in christ. I know u catholics lack understanding that is why ur replies lack intelligence, they do not make sense. U cannot provide a scripture to support ur religious practice that is why keep replying nonsense.
The devil we know is the father of liars. Quit letting him use you. It is on record here that while you have asked all sorts of questions, I have deemed it fit to reply you with answers and not once have you bothered to offer me the same courtesy. I pointed out Luke1:9 and even Rev 8:3-4 to debunk your post new covenant theory, yet you replied me the lies in bold. You are the one who has not been able to provide a single passage to support your theory that no incense should be offered after the death of Christ. The fact that Christ is indeed an high priest who sacrificed himself for the salvation of all does not do away with or forbid the use of incense. Infact my bible in 1peter 2:5,9 says as Christians we share in the priesthood of Christ "Be yourselves as living stones, built as an edifice of spirit, into a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ . . . You are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation." .
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Dec 21, 2015
dmandy:
scene one opens

Brocab: The Rosary is idolatory.

dmandy: No, it can't possibly be because all the prayers and meditations in the rosary are all in the bible.

brocab: that is a big fat lie, show me.

dmandy: Okay here is what I do when I say the holy rosary:

1. In the name of the father, the son and the Holy Spirit. Amen (matt 28:19)
2. I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth and in Jesus Christ our Lord, His only begotten Son …..(Jn 14:1)
3. Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come …….(Matt 6:9)
4. Hail Mary full of Grace, the lord is with you…..(luk 1:28)
5. Glory be to the Father, to the Son and to the Holy spirit …..(phil 4:20)

brocab: Okay, I will give u a pat on the back

dmandy: Thank you. Now do you want me to teach you how to pray the rosary?

Brocab: dmandy, but bible says you should not make any image of anything in heaven or anything on earth or below the earth. The Catholic church has images in their churches they are disobeying the 10 commandments.

dmandy: No, that not what the Bible says. Rather it says do 'since I did not reveal myself in any form to you, don't make any form lest you make mistake. And do not bow down and worship it and say 'this is my God'. Now let me ask you, Brocab, you are on earth right? If God said don't make any images of anything on earth and you make image of yourself, what are you doing?

Brocab: No, I don't make image of myself.

dmandy: You lie, your picture is an image, the person you see on the mirror is an image.

brocab: I know I am talking about image made of clay, I am made in the image of God and God's image is not clay.

dmandy: Sir, you lie again, God made His image out of clay.

brocab: Yes, I know but you see when you look at it the image for a day or two it's no longer sin.

dmandy: Are you saying that what makes idolatory a sin is how long one looks at it?

dmandy: hello, Bro are you there?

Scene 2 opens with italo educating one vooks that the bible was inspired by the holy spirit and cannot lie.

Vooks: ...yah, blessed rather are those that heard the word of God and kept it not Mary.

italo: But Mary heard the word and kept it.

vooks: she kept words shared by angel (implying that was not God's word) and therefore cannot be special.

italo: But Elizabeth under the influence of the Holy spirit thinks she was special.

vooks; No, that was Elizabeth's opinion

italo: But she was under the influence of the holy spirit and Holy spirit cannot supervise heresy

probably convinced that the Holy Spirit thinks Mary special or lacking any other straw to grasp, vooks disappeared from scene, then appears brocab (remember him from scene one). Yes, the one that says snapping passport is idolatry.

brocab: You call us Mary haters but we are telling you the word of God.

italo: But Luke 1 41-45 is the word of God

brocab: Yes that is true but (I have to just find something to prove the bible wrong, ok let me think) But You worship worship Mary as your savior, (not knowing how to prove that assertion, he forgot he was opposed to Elizabeth being filled with the holy spirit and went on. But Elizabeth is also favored by God why don't you worship her.

italo: (Understanding now that brocab is irredeemable answered) We also honour St. Elizabeth the same way we honor St. Mary.

brocab: (Obviously confused) I am also a saint my name is St. Brocab . Why don't you honor me? (understanding that that doesn't make any sense went on) But the church is in error

dmandy appears in the scene

dmandy: The church is error? You cannot continue ranting, but the bible says the gate of hell shall not prevail against it.

brocab: No, the church is just two or three who are gathered in the name of Jesus.

dmandy: Its much more than that, Jesus actually built a church and commissioned it to spread

brocab: Jesus said he will build a church. The passage is not talking about any church.

dmandy: But Jesus actually built a church and there is no parallel church.

brocab: You have to put Jesus first

dmandy: Yes I put Jesus first. But how can you explain Jesus to a kid?

brocab: Just talk to him about Jesus and show him Jesus in your life

dmandy: But that is my question, how do you make the kid understand what you are talking about Jesus?

Now, this is my lesson from this little drama:

(i) These people are uncomfortable where they are.

(ii) Seeing that they can never agree on anything since the teachings of General Overseer on a particular topic is very different from that of Man of God and that of Bishop is no where near that of Apostle which of course makes a mockery of the teachings of the Senior Prophet.

(iii) Faced with so much chaotic and diverse views about God and his Word they seek a point of unity

(iv) Hunted by the fact there can't possibly be any unity in their shameful diversity, they envy anything that is uniform and organized. You hear them talk of organized religion and all that a feat they lack.

(v) afraid that since they don't agree on anything, obviously some of them are wrong since only one can be right, they fear they might loose heaven and then the fear breeds attack.

(vi) They attack everything and anything Catholic because they don't understand how it is possible that Catholic Church can agree.

(vii) Because it is impossible to them, they think the devil must be responsible because according to them God cannot be so organized.

(viii) When bring up their own version of Catholic teaching and you point to them the correct church teaching, they say but its not in the bible and when you point it out in the bible, they say but it is a one-off event, when you show them another similar event, they go on sabbatical and never answer you again waiting secretly for another member of their camp to raise yet another issue into which they jump with all their might and the cycle continues...

In conclusion, Satan did not rest when he was tempting Jesus (alas even with scriptures) until Jesus stopped preaching and Rebuked him. Having said this I will end with ' GET LOST SATAN, and keep believing whatever makes you feel comfortable wherever you are until you meet your creator'.

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 1:09pm On Dec 21, 2015
There's a lot of twisted words here, of course. But its funny to see how silly you sound.
dmandy:

Scene 2 opens with italo educating one vooks that the bible was inspired by the holy spirit and cannot lie.

Vooks: ...yah, blessed rather are those that heard the word of God and kept it not Mary.

italo: But Mary heard the word and kept it.

vooks: she kept words shared by angel (implying that was not God's word) and therefore cannot be special.

italo: But Elizabeth under the influence of the Holy spirit thinks she was special.

vooks; No, that was Elizabeth's opinion

italo: But she was under the influence of the holy spirit and Holy spirit cannot supervise heresy

probably convinced that the Holy Spirit thinks Mary special or lacking any other straw to grasp, vooks disappeared from scene, then appears brocab (remember him from scene one). Yes, the one that says snapping passport is idolatry.

brocab: You call us Mary haters but we are telling you the word of God.

italo: But Luke 1 41-45 is the word of God

brocab: Yes that is true but (I have to just find something to prove the bible wrong, ok let me think) But You worship worship Mary as your savior, (not knowing how to prove that assertion, he forgot he was opposed to Elizabeth being filled with the holy spirit and went on. But Elizabeth is also favored by God why don't you worship her.

italo: (Understanding now that brocab is irredeemable answered) We also honour St. Elizabeth the same way we honor St. Mary.

brocab: (Obviously confused) I am also a saint my name is St. Brocab . Why don't you honor me? (understanding that that doesn't make any sense went on) But the church is in error

dmandy appears in the scene

dmandy: The church is error? You cannot continue ranting, but the bible says the gate of hell shall not prevail against it.

brocab: No, the church is just two or three who are gathered in the name of Jesus.

dmandy: Its much more than that, Jesus actually built a church and commissioned it to spread

brocab: Jesus said he will build a church. The passage is not talking about any church.

dmandy: But Jesus actually built a church and there is no parallel church.

brocab: You have to put Jesus first

dmandy: Yes I put Jesus first. But how can you explain Jesus to a kid?

brocab: Just talk to him about Jesus and show him Jesus in your life

dmandy: But that is my question, how do you make the kid understand what you are talking about Jesus?

Now, this is my lesson from this little drama:

(i) These people are uncomfortable where they are.

(ii) Seeing that they can never agree on anything since the teachings of General Overseer on a particular topic is very different from that of Man of God and that of Bishop is no where near that of Apostle which of course makes a mockery of the teachings of the Senior Prophet.

(iii) Faced with so much chaotic and diverse views about God and his Word they seek a point of unity

(iv) Hunted by the fact there can't possibly be any unity in their shameful diversity, they envy anything that is uniform and organized. You hear them talk of organized religion and all that a feat they lack.

(v) afraid that since they don't agree on anything, obviously some of them are wrong since only one can be right, they fear they might loose heaven and then the fear breeds attack.

(vi) They attack everything and anything Catholic because they don't understand how it is possible that Catholic Church can agree.

(vii) Because it is impossible to them, they think the devil must be responsible because according to them God cannot be so organized.

(viii) When bring up their own version of Catholic teaching and you point to them the correct church teaching, they say but its not in the bible and when you point it out in the bible, they say but it is a one-off event, when you show them another similar event, they go on sabbatical and never answer you again waiting secretly for another member of their camp to raise yet another issue into which they jump with all their might and the cycle continues...

In conclusion, Satan did not rest when he was tempting Jesus (alas even with scriptures) until Jesus stopped preaching and Rebuked him. Having said this I will end with ' GET LOST SATAN, and keep believing whatever makes you feel comfortable wherever you are until you meet your creator'.

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 21, 2015
brocab:
There's a lot of twisted words here, of course. But its funny to see how silly you sound.

Pained? cry

Welcome back from sabbatical. wink

You can do well to point out the twisted words. shocked

Are you short of straws to grasp? Check below.

I rather sound silly than lie. But you, you rather lie and run. May the Almighty and Merciful God, heal your lying tongues.

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 2:11pm On Dec 21, 2015
You sound more confused then I, the Church was never a building, its people getting together sharing about the word of God.
If you could understand about this scripture-Jesus said to Peter this information didn't come from flesh and blood-but by My Father who is in Heaven. Peter really didn't understand what just happened, these word wasn't his own words, the Father in heaven had uttered him to speak out the truth about the word of God.
Quote>You are hear saying Jesus will build a Church, and then no Church building is being talked about.
Again it means-the words he spoke-Jesus said He will build His Church on the word God gave to Peter, its the word of God that the church is built on, Jesus is our true foundation, Jesus is the chief corner stone.
A church building is a place where everyone can meet, Its the word of God that builds the church, people can start a church at home.
The church is a group of called out believers, who assemble in Jesus name.
Matthew 18:20 "every time a group of born again believers assemble together, a local New Testament Church had formed.
The idea of universal {ie"Catholic} Church is not taught in the scriptures. Certainly, every believer is a part of the overall body of Christ.
But the distinction must be made between the body of Christ, and the local New Testament Church which Jesus began in His Earthly ministry.
There are NO universal Church today.
The bible teaches, on a New Testament Church based upon the early Church in the book of Acts, and the Epistles.
God has given us an example to follow in the scriptures.
Philemon 1:2 "speaks of having a Church in ones home "And to our beloved Apphia, and Archchippus our fellow soldier, AND THE CHURCH IN THY HOUSE.
Again we read in Colossians 4:15 "Salute the brethren, which are in Laodicea, and Nymphas, and the CHURCH WHICH IS IN HIS HOUSE.
"You don't need a government licence to biblically start a Church in your home. You don't need a big building, with chandeliers, padding carpeting, a pulpit, a choir, pews and a altar. Your home can be a Church if it's a gathering place for Christians who desire to study the word of God.
Are you receiving the message clearly? The church is built on the word of God.
dmandy:

Okay, the scripture is not about Peter, the Catholic church probably added Peter there. But at least, It has something to do with Christ building a church and he was saying it to somebody (and according to brocab that person is not Peter). This passage also has nothing to do with Peter "and he brought Simon to Jesus. When Jesus saw him, He said, "You are Simon, son of John. You will be called Cephas" (which means "Rock"wink. ". Nothing.

The Church has everything to do with it, it is catholic because it is universal (And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations. Look up the word 'catholic'. You are probably the most confused human on earth... You are here quoting Jesus saying he will build a church and then that no church building is being talked about. Your hatred for the catholic church is driving you crazy, pray hard.
You don't need large church (The Church of Jesus Christ is One) but Jesus does. You probably will question why he chose twelve instead of three and why he commissioned them to recruit more instead of closing the door. Open your eyes, you are being to deceived to hate Jesus without knowing.
Nice story, wish it was in the bible.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 21, 2015
brocab:
You sound more confused then I, the Church was never a building, its people getting together sharing about the word of God.
If you could understand about this scripture-Jesus said to Peter this information didn't come from flesh and blood-but by My Father who is in Heaven. Peter really didn't understand what just happened, these word wasn't his own words, the Father in heaven had uttered him to speak out the truth about the word of God.
Quote>You are hear saying Jesus will build a Church, and then no Church building is being talked about.
Again it means-the words he spoke-Jesus said He will build His Church on the word God gave to Peter, its the word of God that the church is built on, Jesus is our true foundation, Jesus is the chief corner stone.
A church building is a place where everyone can meet, Its the word of God that builds the church, people can start a church at home.
The church is a group of called out believers, who assemble in Jesus name.

Matthew 18:20 "every time a group of born again believers assemble together, a local New Testament Church had formed.
The idea of universal {ie"Catholic} Church is not taught in the scriptures. Certainly, every believer is a part of the overall body of Christ.
But the distinction must be made between the body of Christ, and the local New Testament Church which Jesus began in His Earthly ministry.
There are NO universal Church today.
The bible teaches, on a New Testament Church based upon the early Church in the book of Acts, and the Epistles.
God has given us an example to follow in the scriptures.
Philemon 1:2 "speaks of having a Church in ones home "And to our beloved Apphia, and Archchippus our fellow soldier, AND THE CHURCH IN THY HOUSE.
Again we read in Colossians 4:15 "Salute the brethren, which are in Laodicea, and Nymphas, and the CHURCH WHICH IS IN HIS HOUSE.
"You don't need a government licence to biblically start a Church in your home. You don't need a big building, with chandeliers, padding carpeting, a pulpit, a choir, pews and a altar. Your home can be a Church if it's a gathering place for Christians who desire to study the word of God.
Are you receiving the message clearly? The church is the word of God.

No, your message is not clear: Which one am I supposed to receive?

Is the church the word of God or a group of called out believers. Or Is a group of called out believers same as word of God?

In a bid to prove the bible wrong, you are busy contradicting yourself. What does this tell you "YOU CAN NEVER FIGHT THE WORD OF GOD".
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 2:21pm On Dec 21, 2015
You lie very well.
dmandy:

Pained? cry

Welcome back from sabbatical. wink

You can do well to point out the twisted words. shocked

Are you short of straws to grasp? Check below.

I rather sound silly than lie. But you, you rather lie and run. May the Almighty and Merciful God, heal your lying tongues.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 21, 2015
brocab:
You lie very well.

Lolx grin.... pray tell me where I lied against you.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 2:25pm On Dec 21, 2015
Its believers who are willing to study the word of God-this is the church
dmandy:

No, your message is not clear: Which one am I supposed to receive?

Is the church the word of God or a group of called out believers. Or Is a group of called out believers same as word of God?

In a bid to prove the bible wrong, you are busy contradicting yourself. What does this tell you "YOU CAN NEVER FIGHT THE WORD OF GOD".

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 21, 2015
brocab:
Its believers who are willing to study the word of God-this is the church

okay Sir,

edit your post then so that your message can make a little sense.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 2:28pm On Dec 21, 2015
You speak against me every time-you need anger management.
dmandy:

Lolx grin.... pray tell me where I lied against you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (83) (Reply)

ww3 to heat up before end of may 2015 / RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain / Famous Atheists Last Words Before Dying

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.