Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,281 members, 7,849,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:32 PM

Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? - Religion (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? (117837 Views)

Why Catholics Pray Through Mary / Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 21, 2015
brocab:
You speak against me every time-you need anger management.

I speak against lies and lies alone. Show me where I lied against you (or anybody for that matter) let's speak against it.

I need anger management? permit me to laugh at you a bit hahahahahahahahahhahahhaha; Can you provide anger management?

Well, for the records, I don't need anger management, I rather need you to provide where I lied against you. Or prove to me that you are indeed a son of the father of all lies.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 2:52pm On Dec 21, 2015
The Authority of the New Testament Church is the word of God.
Jesus is called the word of God.
{Revelation 19:13} "Jesus is the foundation of the New Testament Church...
"For any other foundations can no man lay, than that is laid.
Which is Jesus Christ.
{1 Corinthians 3:11} Jesus is the Authority of the New Testament Church.
Jesus is the living word of God, and the bible is the written word of God.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God.
And the word was made flesh and dwelt among us.
{And we behold His glory-the glory as of the only begotten of the Father} full of grace and truth.
{John 1:1,2,14} Jesus is the word of God incarnated.
The bible is the believers final Authority on all matters,
dmandy:

okay Sir,

edit your post then so that your message can make a little sense.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 21, 2015
brocab:
The Authority of the New Testament Church is the word of God.
Jesus is called the word of God.
{Revelation 19:13} "Jesus is the foundation of the New Testament Church...
"For any other foundations can no man lay, than that is laid.
Which is Jesus Christ.
{1 Corinthians 3:11} Jesus is the Authority of the New Testament Church.
Jesus is the living word of God, and the bible is the written word of God.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God.
And the word was made flesh and dwelt among us.
{And we behold His glory-the glory as of the only begotten of the Father} full of grace and truth.
{John 1:1,2,14} Jesus is the word of God incarnated.
The bible is the believers final Authority on all matters,

Good,

You are learning. Doesn't this post make sense to you now?

The word of God is Jesus and not the church. The word of God says 'Jesus built a church' and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

I am glad, you understand this very well. That Church is ONE. Jesus did not build parallel churches.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 3:04pm On Dec 21, 2015
Brocab That's a big fat lie.
Brocab said we are disobeying the 10 commandments.
Not only have you twisted what I had written, you have chosen to word it making out I am the one who lies.
I said you have disobeyed 2 of the 10 commandments.
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha lair. And you do need anger management.
dmandy:

I speak against lies and lies alone. Show me where I lied against you (or anybody for that matter) let's speak against it.

I need anger management? permit me to laugh at you a bit hahahahahahahahahhahahhaha; Can you provide anger management?

Well, for the records, I don't need anger management, I rather need you to provide where I lied against you. Or prove to me that you are indeed a son of the father of all lies.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 3:05pm On Dec 21, 2015
Its not me who's learning its you, as we all know you don't fully believe in Christ.
dmandy:

Good,

You are learning. Doesn't this post make sense to you now?

The word of God is Jesus and not the church. The word of God says 'Jesus built a church' and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

I am glad, you understand this very well. That Church is ONE. Jesus did not build parallel churches.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 21, 2015
brocab:
Brocab That's a big fat lie.
Brocab said we are disobeying the 10 commandments.
Not only have you twisted what I had written, you have chosen to word it making out I am the one who lies.
I said you have disobeyed 2 of the 10 commandments.
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha lair. And you do need anger management.

Waoh!!! Hahahahahahahahha.

so that these are the lies?

(1) Brocab: Its a big fat lie.

This is in response to Mandy: All the prayers of the rosary are in the bible.

Praise the Lord!!! So, now you believe that The Rosary is scriptural. Thank God. Now, this is you
brocab: Why am I condemning the rosary's hmmmm lets see, Hail Mary Mother of God-because its not scriptural.

(2) Brocab: We are disobeying the 10 commandments.
You said 2 out of the 10 commandments. Yes, which this is same as saying disobeying the 10 commandments. (James 2:10) I know you don't know that. Thank me later.

Again, Thank God, brocab have now known that the catholic church is not disobeying the 10 commandments by having images. Your words sir
brocab: Firstly the Catholic Church-don't teach against it-matter of fact with evidence, the Church have broken 2 of the 10 commandments.
Exodus 20:4 "You shall not make yourself an image in the form of anything in Heaven above, or on the Earth-nor beneath, nor in the waters below.

That's it?

This makes me a liar?

What about this Brocab: I don't make images of myself.
Did I lie there too?

Okay, thanks for the suggestion. Bring on your anger management.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Dec 21, 2015
brocab:
Its not me who's learning its you, as we all know you don't fully believe in Christ.

Okay,

You have stopped learning? undecided

God will help you to learn.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Rich4god(m): 3:47pm On Dec 21, 2015
I just dey laf..... cos all I can see from this thread is the frustration of some pple.... 95% of orthordox churches share same belief with the RCC, yet, churches of one hour ago will jump out from no where and start making noise.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 21, 2015
Rich4god:
I just dey laf..... cos all I can see from this thread is the frustration of some pple.... 95% of orthordox churches share same belief with the RCC, yet, churches of one hour ago will jump out from no where and start making noise.

Waoh, you actually believe those are churches? You must be very lenient. The Church of Christ is ONE, I repeat ONE.

I do not ask on behalf of these alone, but for those also who believe in Me through their word; that they may all be ONE; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by vooks: 6:47pm On Dec 21, 2015
[size=1pt]
dmandy:

Scene 2 opens with italo educating one vooks that the bible was inspired by the holy spirit and cannot lie.

Vooks: ...yah, blessed rather are those that heard the word of God and kept it not Mary.

italo: But Mary heard the word and kept it.

vooks: she kept words shared by angel (implying that was not God's word) and therefore cannot be special.

italo: But Elizabeth under the influence of the Holy spirit thinks she was special.

vooks; No, that was Elizabeth's opinion

italo: But she was under the influence of the holy spirit and Holy spirit cannot supervise heresy

probably convinced that the Holy Spirit thinks Mary special or lacking any other straw to grasp, vooks disappeared from scene, then appears brocab (remember him from scene one). Yes, the one that says snapping passport is idolatry.

brocab: You call us Mary haters but we are telling you the word of God.

italo: But Luke 1 41-45 is the word of God

brocab: Yes that is true but (I have to just find something to prove the bible wrong, ok let me think) But You worship worship Mary as your savior, (not knowing how to prove that assertion, he forgot he was opposed to Elizabeth being filled with the holy spirit and went on. But Elizabeth is also favored by God why don't you worship her.

italo: (Understanding now that brocab is irredeemable answered) We also honour St. Elizabeth the same way we honor St. Mary.

brocab: (Obviously confused) I am also a saint my name is St. Brocab . Why don't you honor me? (understanding that that doesn't make any sense went on) But the church is in error

dmandy appears in the scene

dmandy: The church is error? You cannot continue ranting, but the bible says the gate of hell shall not prevail against it.

brocab: No, the church is just two or three who are gathered in the name of Jesus.

dmandy: Its much more than that, Jesus actually built a church and commissioned it to spread

brocab: Jesus said he will build a church. The passage is not talking about any church.

dmandy: But Jesus actually built a church and there is no parallel church.

brocab: You have to put Jesus first

dmandy: Yes I put Jesus first. But how can you explain Jesus to a kid?

brocab: Just talk to him about Jesus and show him Jesus in your life

dmandy: But that is my question, how do you make the kid understand what you are talking about Jesus?

brocab: ....

brocab: ....

Now, this is my lesson from this little drama:

(i) These people are uncomfortable where they are.

(ii) Seeing that they can never agree on anything since the teachings of General Overseer on a particular topic is very different from that of Man of God and that of Bishop is no where near that of Apostle which of course makes a mockery of the teachings of the Senior Prophet.

(iii) Faced with so much chaotic and diverse views about God and his Word they seek a point of unity

(iv) Hunted by the fact there can't possibly be any unity in their shameful diversity, they envy anything that is uniform and organized. You hear them talk of organized religion and all that a feat they lack.

(v) afraid that since they don't agree on anything, obviously some of them are wrong since only one can be right, they fear they might loose heaven and then the fear breeds attack.

(vi) They attack everything and anything Catholic because they don't understand how it is possible that Catholic Church can agree.

(vii) Because it is impossible to them, they think the devil must be responsible because according to them God cannot be so organized.

(viii) When bring up their own version of Catholic teaching and you point to them the correct church teaching, they say but its not in the bible and when you point it out in the bible, they say but it is a one-off event, when you show them another similar event, they go on sabbatical and never answer you again waiting secretly for another member of their camp to raise yet another issue into which they jump with all their might and the cycle continues...

In conclusion, Satan did not rest when he was tempting Jesus (alas even with scriptures) until Jesus stopped preaching and Rebuked him. Having said this I will end with ' GET LOST SATAN, and keep believing whatever makes you feel comfortable wherever you are until you meet your creator'.

[/size]

You are full of sh*t
1. You hallucinate about nobody envying Catholicism
2. You hallucinate further about the cause for everyone envying Catholicism as being their 'unity'

Now now,
Am no psychiatrist so I have no remedy for your schizophrenia. Instead, I will concern meself with scriptures;

FACT #1
Elizabeth says Mary is blessed
Luke 1:42 (KJV)
And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb

FACT #2
A woman says Mary is blessed
Luke 11:27 (KJV)
And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked

FACT #3
Jesus says MORE BLESSED are those that keep His Word
Luke 11:28 (KJV)
But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

Luke 11:28 (HCSB)
28 He said, “Even more, those who hear the word of God and keep it are blessed!”

Conclusions
1. Catholicism is right in pointing out the blessedness of Mary
2. Catholicism is flat out wrong in insinuating that Mary's blessedness far much EXCEEDS that of other men

I understand that even pagans have to exalt objects first before worshipping them, this is why Catholicism exalts Mary. But as Jesus told hat woman, any 'special' blessedness Mary possessed is equaled and exceeded by the hearers and doers if the Word.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 10:43pm On Dec 21, 2015
Every true Christian knows the truth about Jesus, Jesus is our soul winner, His Church is His word. The word of God is the truth, you either obey it, or you don't.
Catholicism is right about Mary being blessed-only because she was found faithful towards God-she obeyed the word of God.{We are also blessed on these same terms, when we obey the word of God} but it shouldn't be a way out, to idolize Mary as the Catholic's do, the bible is about Jesus, nothing more, He is our mediator, our saviour, our God,

I find the Catholic's as being try hard's, trying to twist the word of God-claiming their universal Church building is the main key to salvation.
Jesus had nothing to do with paganism. The Catholic's idolize their buildings, showing of their images, their perilous stones and their silver and Gold.
If a Church building was given the keys, as the Catholic's claim, than why did Peter say silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have, I give to you, in the name of Jesus stand up and walk.
If Peter is the Rock? As the Catholic's Church claims, then why is it filled with all the riches of the world

Matthew 24:1 "After His disciples told Him about how they loved the temple, with its great riches, Jesus predicts the destruction of that very same temple.
If Jesus was so keen in the building industry-then why did He say, Foxes have holes, birds have nest, but I have no place to rest My head.
Jesus built His Church on the word of God.
Jesus never said to Peter build My Church, He said you are Peter and on this Rock, meaning the words that Peter quoted, is the foundations of the Church.
If Jesus was so keen on the buildings, He would have built one, instead He didn't. why? Jesus was preferring to His people as His Church not buildings. He had laid the foundations with the word of God.
Jesus said, flesh and blood did not give you this, but My Father in heaven, those words given to Peter, came from the Spirit of God.
vooks:
[size=1pt][/size]

You are full of sh*t
2. You hallucinate further about the cause for everyone envying Catholicism as being their 'unity'

Now now,
Am no psychiatrist so I have no remedy for your schizophrenia. Instead, I will concern meself with scriptures;

FACT #1
And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb

FACT #2
And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked

FACT #3
But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

28 He said, “Even more, those who hear the word of God and keep it are blessed!”

Conclusions
1. Catholicism is right in pointing out the blessedness of Mary
2. Catholicism is flat out wrong in insinuating that Mary's blessedness far much EXCEEDS that of other men

I understand that even pagans have to exalt objects first before worshipping them, this is why Catholicism exalts Mary. But as Jesus told hat woman, any 'special' blessedness Mary possessed is equaled and exceeded by the hearers and doers if the Word.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 10:47pm On Dec 21, 2015
I learn everyday-and everyday I seek with a passion.
dmandy:

Okay,

You have stopped learning? undecided

God will help you to learn.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 11:42pm On Dec 21, 2015
Then you have broken all of the commandments, Are you still twisting my words, trying to clarify your not guilty.
Quote> Praise the lord!!! So, now you believe that the Rosary is scriptural. Thank God. Now, this is you.
What rubbish.
When I went to school the teacher taught me, how to count up to 10, 2 and 10 are two different figures.
James 2:10 "if you have broken one commandment you have broken them all, take note what James had said:
You have broken the commandments worshipping images as you do.
Everything you have twisted, yes it makes you a lair against God.
Quote> I don't make images of myself,
Are you that silly, brain dead-that you would rather lie against the truth-about the commandments of God.
Do you bow down to your image, do you sing praises to your image, do you worship your image?
If the answer is No! Then why do you use Mary as your image bowing your head down before you enter into the Catholic Church. Why do you, worship after her image, sing praises to her? When you know Jesus said not too.
I know why you do this because you don't understand the scriptures.
If you were a true believer as you claim to be-you would obey the word of God true and true.
As a Spirit-filled Christian, you would know better to not disobey the word of God.

Leviticus 26:1 "Do not make idols' or set up an image, {Do you worship Mary's image} or a sacred stone for yourselves, {Isn't Mary sacred and made out of stone} and do not place a carved stone in your land to bow down before it. {Is Mary placed as a caved stone on land your Church buildings stand} I am the Lord your God.
dmandy:

Waoh!!! Hahahahahahahahha.

so that these are the lies?

(1) Brocab: Its a big fat lie.

This is in response to Mandy: All the prayers of the rosary are in the bible.

Praise the Lord!!! So, now you believe that The Rosary is scriptural. Thank God. Now, this is you

(2) Brocab: We are disobeying the 10 commandments.
You said 2 out of the 10 commandments. Yes, which this is same as saying disobeying the 10 commandments. (James 2:10) I know you don't know that. Thank me later.

Again, Thank God, brocab have now known that the catholic church is not disobeying the 10 commandments by having images. Your words sir

That's it?

This makes me a liar?

What about this Brocab: I don't make images of myself.
Did I lie there too?

Okay, thanks for the suggestion. Bring on your anger management.

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 11:50pm On Dec 21, 2015
Quote>The Church of Christ is ONE-I repeat ONE.
Which has nothing to do with the Catholic Church.
Jesus said He prefers us to be Hot or Cold not Luke warm, This is where you are at now Luke warm, half in the truth, and half into false religion.
After watching this Video I now understand some more?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upxJAJwBQRY
dmandy:

Waoh, you actually believe those are churches? You must be very lenient. The Church of Christ is ONE, I repeat ONE.

I do not ask on behalf of these alone, but for those also who believe in Me through their word; that they may all be ONE; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 9:13am On Dec 22, 2015
EMILO2STAY:
is zachariah a christian?, the use of incense was clearly commandment from God to the ancient israelites to burn in the temples by the high priest, the use of incense ended when christ died and resurrected. There is no record of early christians using incense for religious purpose.
this is d fallacy called argument frm silience.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by vooks: 9:43am On Dec 22, 2015
Catholicism is paganism and Satanism rolled into one.

Observe this prayer;
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary that never was it known that anyone who fled to Your protection, implored Your help, or sought Your intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, we fly to you, O Virgin of virgins, our Mother. To You we come; before You we stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not our petitions, but in Your mercy, hear and answer us. Amen.

Is this praying THROUGH or TO Mary?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by EMILO2STAY(m): 9:47am On Dec 22, 2015
Ichiato:
The devil we know is the father of liars. Quit letting him use you. It is on record here that while you have asked all sorts of questions, I have deemed it fit to reply you with answers and not once have you bothered to offer me the same courtesy. I pointed out Luke1:9 and even Rev 8:3-4 to debunk your post new covenant theory, yet you replied me the lies in bold. You are the one who has not been able to provide a single passage to support your theory that no incense should be offered after the death of Christ. The fact that Christ is indeed an high priest who sacrificed himself for the salvation of all does not do away with or forbid the use of incense. Infact my bible in 1peter 2:5,9 says as Christians we share in the priesthood of Christ "Be yourselves as living stones, built as an edifice of spirit, into a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ . . . You are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation." .
i have asked u were does the bible command christians to burn incense, but instead of proving ur false religious practice u run around twisting and putting up irrelivant scriptures. In the old covenant it was commanded to priest to burn incense in the temple (Exodus 30:34-37), but ceased after the death of christ. Christ became our high priest sitting at right hand of God christians today only need to pray using the name of jesus. There is no evidence whatsoever that christians used incense in prayers to God, only people who are pagans do that after the end of judaism. This is why i have been asking u to provide an evidence from the bible were christians use incense for any religious purpose but u keep replying with unintelligent words. The scriptures u quoted even goes further to prove u wrong because christ is now our high priest who sits in the right hand of God. No longer do we need an earthly high priest who burn incense in the temple of God. Pls mr if u cannot prove ur religious practice from th word of God then know it now that are indirectly worshipping satan.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by EMILO2STAY(m): 9:54am On Dec 22, 2015
Ubenedictus:
this is d fallacy called argument frm silience.
arrant nonsense. is zachariah a christian?, the commandment to burn incense was to the descendants of Aaron only; were was it giving to christians as we know the Aaronic priesthood ended with christ, i ask again were was it giving to christians? u pagan god worshipper.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by EMILO2STAY(m): 10:03am On Dec 22, 2015
vooks:
Catholicism is paganism and Satanism rolled into one.

Observe this prayer;
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary that never was it known that anyone who fled to Your protection, implored Your help, or sought Your intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, we fly to you, O Virgin of virgins, our Mother. To You we come; before You we stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not our petitions, but in Your mercy, hear and answer us. Amen.

Is this praying THROUGH or TO Mary?
out of their self induced ignorance they worship a pagan goddess which the church have christianised as mary, and if u try to open their eyes to see their wrong doing they bring up all sort of sensless theories to support there idolatry. Blind people.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by vooks: 10:18am On Dec 22, 2015
EMILO2STAY:
out of their self induced ignorance they worship a pagan goddess which the church have christianised as mary, and if u try to open their eyes to see their wrong doing they bring up all sort of sensless theories to support there idolatry. Blind people.

This is worse, they submit their faculties to demons

[b]O glorious St. Joseph, you were chosen by God to be the foster father of Jesus, the most pure spouse of Mary ever Virgin, and the head of the holy family. You have been chosen by Christ's Vicar as the heavenly patron and protector of the Church founded by Christ. Therefore it is with great confidence that I implore your powerful assistance for the whole Church on earth. Protect in a special manner, with true fatherly love, the Pope and all bishops and priests in communion with the See of Peter. Be the protector of all who labor for souls amid the trials and tribulations of this life, and grant that all peoples of the world may follow Christ and the Church He founded.

Dear St. Joseph, accept the offering of myself which I now make to you. I dedicate myself to your service, that you may ever be my father, my protector, and my guide in the way of salvation. Obtain for me great purity of heart and a fervent love for the spiritual life. May all my actions, after your example, be directed to the greater glory of God, in union with the divine Heart of Jesus, the immaculate heart of Mary, and your own paternal heart.

Finally, pray for me that I may share in the peace and joy of your holy death[/b]

So Joseph was appointed by the pope? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 22, 2015
EMILO2STAY:
i have asked u were does the bible command christians to burn incense, but instead of proving ur false religious practice u run around twisting and putting up irrelivant scriptures. In the old covenant it was commanded to priest to burn incense in the temple (Exodus 30:34-37), but ceased after the death of christ. Christ became our high priest sitting at right hand of God christians today only need to pray using the name of jesus. There is no evidence whatsoever that christians used incense in prayers to God, only people who are pagans do that after the end of judaism. This is why i have been asking u to provide an evidence from the bible were christians use incense for any religious purpose but u keep replying with unintelligent words. The scriptures u quoted even goes further to prove u wrong because christ is now our high priest who sits in the right hand of God. No longer do we need an earthly high priest who burn incense in the temple of God. Pls mr if u cannot prove ur religious practice from th word of God then know it now that are indirectly worshipping satan.
See how absurd your claim is ? First you quoted a passage of the old testament to prove that God did command the people of the old testament to burn incense in his temple but then went ahead to claim the bolded without any proof. We both agreed that God commanded his people to burn incense but did he ever ask them to stop? God does not need to command his people the second time when he never asked them to stop. Rev 8:3-4 depicts an angel offering incense to God after the death and resurrection of Christ yet you ruled it as irrelevant because to you the angel is not a christian. I wonder what makes you think God had his different creatures worship him different ways. The onus is on you to show where God commanded his people to stop since we both agree that he once commanded his people to burn incense in offering to him.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by EMILO2STAY(m): 12:13pm On Dec 22, 2015
Ichiato:
See how absurd your claim is ? First you quoted a passage of the old testament to prove that God did command the people of the old testament to burn incense in his temple but then went ahead to claim the bolded without any proof. We both agreed that God commanded his people to burn incense but did he ever ask them to stop? God does not need to command his people the second time when he never asked them to stop. Rev 8:3-4 depicts an angel offering incense to God after the death and resurrection of Christ yet you ruled it as irrelevant because to you the angel is not a christian. I wonder what makes you think God had his different creatures worship him different ways. The onus is on you to show where God commanded his people to stop since we both agree that he once commanded his people to burn incense in offering to him.
ur bias towards the catholic church has blinded u, the levitical priesthood ended with the death of christ, only the priests from the line Aaronic linage were commanded to offer incense in the temple, but today that system has ended with christ so no other person has been commanded to offer incense. Then why do u catholics burn incense since this thing has no scriptural backing. Dont try to dodge the question by saying the onus is on me because the bible clearly stated the old covenant has passed with every thing it came with. If u are so sure of what u are doing why dont u provide me proof from the bible simple, stop beating around the bush; provide scripture.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 22, 2015
brocab:
Quote>The Church of Christ is ONE-I repeat ONE.
Which has nothing to do with the Catholic Church.
Jesus said He prefers us to be Hot or Cold not Luke warm, This is where you are at now Luke warm, half in the truth, and half into false religion.
After watching this Video I now understand some more?

Sir,

the Church of God is one and there is nothing you can do about it, not in this world and definitely not in the next. Your video actually proves that the Church Jesus built on earth is catholic.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 22, 2015
brocab:
Then you have broken all of the commandments, Are you still twisting my words, trying to clarify your not guilty.
Quote> Praise the lord!!! So, now you believe that the Rosary is scriptural. Thank God. Now, this is you.
What rubbish.
When I went to school the teacher taught me, how to count up to 10, 2 and 10 are two different figures.
James 2:10 "if you have broken one commandment you have broken them all, take note what James had said:
You have broken the commandments worshipping images as you do.
Everything you have twisted, yes it makes you a lair against God.
Quote> I don't make images of myself,
Are you that silly, brain dead-that you would rather lie against the truth-about the commandments of God.
Do you bow down to your image, do you sing praises to your image, do you worship your image?
If the answer is No! Then why do you use Mary as your image bowing your head down before you enter into the Catholic Church. Why do you, worship after her image, sing praises to her? When you know Jesus said not too.
I know why you do this because you don't understand the scriptures.
If you were a true believer as you claim to be-you would obey the word of God true and true.
As a Spirit-filled Christian, you would know better to not disobey the word of God.

Leviticus 26:1 "Do not make idols' or set up an image, {Do you worship Mary's image} or a sacred stone for yourselves, {Isn't Mary sacred and made out of stone} and do not place a carved stone in your land to bow down before it. {Is Mary placed as a caved stone on land your Church buildings stand} I am the Lord your God.

When you agree that you said you don't make images of yourself, I will engage you. I am on Christmas break, mention me any time any day.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 22, 2015
EMILO2STAY:
ur bias towards the catholic church has blinded u, the levitical priesthood ended with the death of christ, only the priests from the line Aaronic linage were commanded to offer incense in the temple, but today that system has ended with christ so no other person has been commanded to offer incense. Then why do u catholics burn incense since this thing has no scriptural backing. Dont try to dodge the question by saying the onus is on me because the bible clearly stated the old covenant has passed with every thing it came with. If u are so sure of what u are doing why dont u provide me proof from the bible simple, stop beating around the bush; provide scripture.
I'm not dodging anything bro. I proved to you with Rev 8: 3-4, which depicts an angel offering incense to God. You're the one making absurd claims with no proof in the bold. Who said the priesthood ever ended? Who commanded it to end ? When and where?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by vooks: 1:02pm On Dec 22, 2015
Ichiato:
I'm not dodging anything bro. I proved to you with Rev 8: 3-4, which depicts an angel offering incense to God.
Recall John is observing this in a VISION, and in vision, different symbols are employed. He also witnesses a lamb in heaven. Do you think there are domestic animals in heaven?

Further, we are EXPRESSLY told what incense stands for in Revelation.
Revelation 5:8 (ESV)
8 And when he had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each holding a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.

Incense=prayers.

This means an angel offering incense in a vision is no rationale for priests and altar boys doing the same here.
You're the one making absurd claims with no proof in the bold. Who said the priesthood ever ended? Who commanded it to end ? When and where?

Young man, you need to study Hebrews at length and prove me wrong when I state that Catholicism is Satanism.

Hebrews 8:13 (ESV)
13 In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 22, 2015
vooks:
[size=1pt][/size]

You are full of sh*t

Now now,

FACT #1

FACT #2

FACT #3

Conclusions
1 Catholicism is right in pointing out the blessedness of Mary

I understand that even pagans have to exalt objects first before worshipping them, this is why Catholicism exalts Mary. But as Jesus told hat woman, any 'special' blessedness Mary possessed is equaled and exceeded by the hearers and doers if the Word

Clap for yourself, I thought you would say I lied against you in my post. Thank God there are still people out there with integrity to accept the truth (kudos). Now, I will ignore your insults and engage you in a decent discussion.

Fact 1. We both agree Holy Spirit called Mary blessed. No qualms.

Fact 2. A woman from the crowd called Mary Blessed. I agree.

Fact 3. Jesus said more blessed is he who heard the word of God and kept it. No qualms.

You thought that by playing around with different version you can disprove the bible. Taaaa. You have agreed that Jesus did not disagree with the woman that Mary is blessed hence the use of yeah (yes) in KJV and even more (true, in addition)in HCSB. Even more blessed is the one who heard the word and kept it exactly what the Holy spirit said to Mary in Luke 1:45. I believe by now you know that Mary heard the word of God and kept it, not only in her heart but also in her womb. As such according to Jesus, she is more blessed since she heard the word of God and kept it. Since, you love to check different versions you can also look up Luke 1:42 in GNT and NLT versions (You are most blessed amongst all women).

Now, this woman exclaimed out of joy after hearing Jesus teach. She thought that its all over 'Mary has taking it all' because she nursed Jesus. In consolation, Jesus said 'don't despair' you too can be blessed because Mary though blessed because she is the my mother, but she is more blessed because she kept the word of God which you too can. Now, go and keep the word you have heard today.

You Concluded that Catholicism is right in pointing out the blessedness of Mary but wrong in saying her blessedness exceeds hat of other men.

Thank you for saying your mind. At least you have pointed out that the church is right about something unlike most of your friends. (Kudos!!!)
But I beg to disagree with you on the last point, You yourself have agreed that 'there is difference between blessedness and blessedness" you heard Jesus talk of more blessing, so definitely there is hierarchy in blessing and the peak of it will have to be proclaimed in all ages (luke 1:48). Give honor to whom it is due (Rom 13:7), it doesn't reduce you rather it adds to you.

If you think you are comfortable where you are, then tell me one thing you agree on, let's take it from there.

God bless you.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by DiademSh07: 1:41pm On Dec 22, 2015
dmandy:

Clap for yourself, I thought you would say I lied against you in my post. Thank God there are still people out there with integrity to accept the truth (kudos). Now, I will ignore your insults and engage you in a decent discussion.

Fact 1. We both agree Holy Spirit called Mary blessed. No qualms.

Fact 2. A woman from the crowd called Mary Blessed. I agree.

Fact 3. Jesus said more blessed is he who heard the word of God and kept it. No qualms.

You thought that by playing around with different version you can disprove the bible. Taaaa. You have agreed that Jesus did not disagree with the woman that Mary is blessed hence the use of yeah (yes) in KJV and even more (true, in addition)in HCSB. Even more blessed is the one who heard the word and kept it exactly what the Holy spirit said to Mary in Luke 1:45. I believe by now you know that Mary heard the word of God and kept it, not only in her heart but also in her womb. As such according to Jesus, she is more blessed since she heard the word of God and kept it. Since, you love to check different versions you can also look up Luke 1:42 in GNT and NLT versions (You are most blessed amongst all women).

Now, this woman exclaimed out of joy after hearing Jesus teach. She thought that its all over 'Mary has taking it all' because she nursed Jesus. In consolation, Jesus said 'don't despair' you too can be blessed because Mary though blessed because she is the my mother, but she is more blessed because she kept the word of God which you too can. Now, go and keep the word you have heard today.

You Concluded that Catholicism is right in pointing out the blessedness of Mary but wrong in saying her blessedness exceeds hat of other men.

Thank you for saying your mind. At least you have pointed out that the church is right about something unlike most of your friends. (Kudos!!!)
But I beg to disagree with you on the last point, [color=#990000]You yourself has agreed that 'there is difference between blessedness and blessedness" you heard Jesus talk of more blessing
, so definitely there is hierarchy in blessing and the peak of it will have to be proclaimed in all ages (luke 1:48). Give honor to whom it is due (Rom 13:7), it doesn't reduce you rather it adds to you.

If you think you are comfortable where you are, then tell me one thing you agree on, let's take it from there.

God bless you.
Why are you taking this 'blessedness' to the extreme?
Have you forgotten the 'beatritude'? That is, blessed are the peace maker for they will... Blessed are the righteous for they will... And so-on!
Not only Mary was blessed and being blessed doesn't mean you become an object of worship!
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Dec 22, 2015
DiademSh07:

Why are you taking this 'blessedness' to the extreme?
Have you forgotten the 'beatritude'? That is, blessed are the peace maker for they will... Blessed are the righteous for they will... And so-on!
Not only Mary was blessed and being blessed doesn't mean you become an object of worship!

On what scale did you measure the extremeness? And when should I stop?

Not only Mary was blessed ... sounds more like an envious statement. Thank God for the blessings of other people, you hear? Other people were blessed in the bible and we call them blessed. Why you feel different about Mary's own is that the bible specifically 'commanded' (if you like) All generations to continue to call her blessed. It cannot end in my generation even if I am the only one left to obey that commandment.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by DiademSh07: 1:55pm On Dec 22, 2015
dmandy:

On what scale did you measure the extremeness? And when should I stop?

Not only Mary was blessed ... sounds more like an envious statement. Thank God for the blessings of other people, you hear? Other people were blessed in the bible and we call them blessed. Why you feel different about Mary's own is that the bible specifically 'commanded' (if you like) All generations to continue to call her blessed. It cannot end in my generation even if I am the only one left to obey that commandment.

Mary was called blessed because she was favoured to birth Christ! Birthing Christ was her reward!
Note that in the beatritude blessing, Christ also talked of rewards for each blessing such as inherit the earth, see God etc!
Mary's kind of reward means she would always been talked about as the woman who birthed Christ, that is, from generation to generation, every one would talk about her blessedness!
However, that doesn't mean she becomes the object of worship!
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 22, 2015
DiademSh07:

Mary was called blessed because she was favoured to birth Christ! Birthing Christ was her reward!
Note that in the beatritude blessing, Christ also talk of the reward for each blessing like inherit the earth, see God etc!
Mary's kind of reward means she would always been talked about as the woman who birthed Christ, that is, from generation to generation, every one would talk about her blessedness!
However, that doesn't mean she becomes the object of worship!

Take a moment and read your post, modify it and mention me.

Mary giving birth to Jesus was her reward, for real? Reward for what if I may ask?

Hope you are talking about her blessedness. Continue doing that, God will bless you the more.

I am sure you read my post in the other thread about Mary and Worship because you quoted it.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by DiademSh07: 2:16pm On Dec 22, 2015
dmandy:

Take a moment and read your post, modify it and mention me.

Mary giving birth to Jesus was her reward, for real? Reward for what if I may ask?

Hope you are talking about her blessedness. Continue doing that, God will bless you the more.

I am sure you read my post in the other thread about Mary and Worship because you quoted it.
Reward for her uprightness and holiness! Hence, she became blessed!
Let me also tell you that no form of worship whatsoever should be given to Mary, it's God who deserves all praises and worship either on earth or heaven beyond!

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (83) (Reply)

ww3 to heat up before end of may 2015 / RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain / Famous Atheists Last Words Before Dying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 168
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.