Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,102 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty (22177 Views)

TOP! Time To Leave Nigeria & Assert The Sovereignty Of Yoruba Is Now – OPC / See Why Biafra Sovereignty Will Not Work / 5 unit have Sovereignty&Autonomy by Engr Musiwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by bashr8: 12:12pm On Oct 31, 2012
kayjegs: The problem we still have in Nigeria is that we are never sincere with ourselves. You will never see the Elite Igbo clamouring for Biafra. Please ask any Elite Igbo who stays in Lagos you know if he is really in support of Biafra now. And that he is ready to move to the East and start Biafra. Most the guys commenting here that are Igbos wont want to join in the struggle for Biafra. They can only post on nairaland and talk as if they are very patriotic. The Elite Igbos will just be laughing at these things. I dont want to sound sentimental here but sincerely if it was the Yoruba that wants to agitate to leave Nigeria, it will be successful because before they make such proposal, many plans would havce been underway and it would have gotten to an extent whereby when you ask any Yoruba person, literate or illiterate, Elite or not, they will say the same thing but Igbos would not do that. This is the problem. I am indifferent about Biafra, if it is the best thing to do now, then go ahead and plan it well but sincerity is never there. The so called Organizer abroad is using this to make more money. It is very simple. There are many funds for Rights activism, democracy agitations out there for NGOs which he just wants to benefit from and sees this as an opportunity to organize his Igbo brothers to achieve this aim. My advice to Igbo guys about this Diaspora guy when he comes, tell him to bring all his family along and stay on ground here to fight the cause instead of stying out there and doing this.
We will all know if Biafra will exist or not from sincerity in the heart of the Igbos but for now, we cant see it. I dont really mind if Nigeria divides so that things can work out well. Before you say, why didnt Yoruba agitate too, take note that for Yorubas now, there is no reason to agitate. If Igbos wants to go, the Yorubas, Hausas, South-South cant hold you down.
this is the only sensible post , its not a planned movement and i dont even understand what they are doing in lagos when people in the east have no idea what is going on . if biafra is to succeed there's a lot to be done including sensitization before even talking about it .
Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by felifeli: 12:13pm On Oct 31, 2012
ilugunboy: Insha Allah....when you guys go in December....You shall never and ever return again.

We can do with the space.

[size=14pt]AMIN ASE ! In the name of Jesus.
[/size] cheesy cheesy
Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by eduson55(m): 12:15pm On Oct 31, 2012
Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by eduson55(m): 12:15pm On Oct 31, 2012
so what do you call me?
kayjegs: The problem we still have in Nigeria is that we are never sincere with ourselves. You will never see the Elite Igbo clamouring for Biafra. Please ask any Elite Igbo who stays in Lagos you know if he is really in support of Biafra now. And that he is ready to move to the East and start Biafra. Most the guys commenting here that are Igbos wont want to join in the struggle for Biafra. They can only post on nairaland and talk as if they are very patriotic. The Elite Igbos will just be laughing at these things. I dont want to sound sentimental here but sincerely if it was the Yoruba that wants to agitate to leave Nigeria, it will be successful because before they make such proposal, many plans would havce been underway and it would have gotten to an extent whereby when you ask any Yoruba person, literate or illiterate, Elite or not, they will say the same thing but Igbos would not do that. This is the problem. I am indifferent about Biafra, if it is the best thing to do now, then go ahead and plan it well but sincerity is never there. The so called Organizer abroad is using this to make more money. It is very simple. There are many funds for Rights activism, democracy agitations out there for NGOs which he just wants to benefit from and sees this as an opportunity to organize his Igbo brothers to achieve this aim. My advice to Igbo guys about this Diaspora guy when he comes, tell him to bring all his family along and stay on ground here to fight the cause instead of stying out there and doing this.
We will all know if Biafra will exist or not from sincerity in the heart of the Igbos but for now, we cant see it. I dont really mind if Nigeria divides so that things can work out well. Before you say, why didnt Yoruba agitate too, take note that for Yorubas now, there is no reason to agitate. If Igbos wants to go, the Yorubas, Hausas, South-South cant hold you down.
Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by bashr8: 12:20pm On Oct 31, 2012
Fatima75:

Population target i guess and a good marketing strategy I think.
The part of Islamic banking makes ♍e to laugh. Islamic banking is zero interest rate, can an igbo man cope with that? cheesy
zero interest rate is the least of worries for the igbo man right now, 3/4 of igbo buisness men dont even know such exist and they dont care.
Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 31, 2012
Biafra... It's an Utopian country of some deluded people that populates a part of Eastern Nigeria that speaks Igbo as language. The history before 1914 of these group is not well documented.

---Wikipedia.
Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by ba7man(m): 12:24pm On Oct 31, 2012
End of discussion.
Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by eduson55(m): 12:24pm On Oct 31, 2012
LETS LIVE AS ONE..AS WE DONE CELEBRATE OUR GOLDEN MARRIAGE JUBILEE,
LETS FORGE AHEAD AND RESOLVE OUR POLITICAL ISSUES.
BIKONU
I LOVE NIGERIA.
I WANT USE TO BE ONE.
IF NOT FOR OUR BAD POLITICAL SYSTEM,THIS WONT BE ARISING.
[size=18pt]I TOO LOVE MY NIGERIA[/size]
Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by eduson55(m): 12:25pm On Oct 31, 2012
TERMINATE OUR SELFISH POLITICIANS.

NAIJA FOREVER.

NAIJA FOREVER.

NAIJA FOREVER.

NAIJA FOREVER.

NAIJA FOREVER.

NAIJA FOREVER.

NAIJA FOREVER.
Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by kayjegs: 12:28pm On Oct 31, 2012
eduson55: so what do you call me?

I will ask you these question: In your heart of hearts,what do you think of this Biafra movement? What have you contributed to seeing this acheived? I mean have you talked with friends like you? Have you enlightened people on why there must be Biafra? Do you really understand what it takes to get it done? How much has been spent on this dream? Before you say, 'Why spending?'..for any movement to be successful, there must be some regular and serious funding from Individuals, Organizations or even Sovereign States...Do you think Boko Haram will still exist if there were no regular funding of their activities? During the Civil rights movements in America in those days, don't you know it was funded by people who understood the dream, many organizations rose up, encouraged and sponsored many of those movements. Guy, there are many things that needs to be considered and taken into perspective. As for many of my Elite Igbo friends, they are not seeing it the way you are seeing it. I think I have made some points here.....

1 Like

Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by bashr8: 12:30pm On Oct 31, 2012
ilugunboy: Biafra... It's an Utopian country of some deluded people that populates a part of Eastern Nigeria that speaks Igbo as language. The history before 1914 of these group is not well documented.

---Wikipedia.
oh they are deluded now , thought you want them to leave lagos alone, honestly some of you yorubas have mental issues.
Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by EzePromoe: 12:32pm On Oct 31, 2012
Eze Promoe: This Biafra thing no be joke again o! shocked Even radio stations are beginning to talk about it. I first heard the news on Wazobia fm. Chai! Nna e! Gini ga emezi container mu no na Apapa! Gini g'eme plaza m di na Ikoyi, Alaba na Idumota. Ndi owambe a ga fo eburu ihe a m ji ego ikem a me! O! Abuja chai, chai! Kano o *crying* Jos *crying aloud* Maiduguri *runs to the street shouting* Chineke me e! Anwukanum o!
[b]Mr. Jide comes out in Ajegunle and shout 'Okikiola' and the empty streets echoed backed at him 'Okikiola'. Because of the echo Okikiola heard his name in Idumota and ran home. Mr. Jide shouted at him, 'only to buy sugar you spend 8 hours'. Okikiola cried, 'Ah! Ba mi! I trek reach Idumota before i see sugar.'
Mr Jide: Sugar meji, ah! No be one packet i send you to go buy.
*Sees Baba Segun rejoicing back home with antelope*
Jide: Were you see this antelope?
Segun: I catch am for Alaba market o
*Sees Taye & Kehinde coming back with football in their hands*
Jide: *angrily* wetin una go do with that ball, eh! Were una see field play ball self.
Taye: *shivering* Ba mi no be me o, na na na Kehinde wey see people dey play ball for Third Mainland bridge, na im him say make me, him and our classmate go play ball for Oshodi-Apapa Expressway, na him we play 90 minutes with standard post.
*Tunes to Wazobia fm and hears Fashola saying, 'noway, it cant happen. We must go to Onitsha first thing tomorrow morning with our van and deport some Igbo traders from Onitsha to Lagos! They must live here in Lagos, no escape for them.'[/b] cool

1 Like

Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 31, 2012
bashr8: oh they are deluded now , thought you want them to leave lagos alone, honestly some of you yorubas have mental issues.

My guy sharrapova your mouth dia! No be una dey clamor for Biafra? Since 1967 we never hear another word.... na so so shout of Biafra every second.
Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by AjCityOne: 12:36pm On Oct 31, 2012
Zeus I: A ragtag organisation of barbarian states which serves the purpose of cowardly-violence, and a grand dream of Awo and Abiolacheesy. 'O' for 'Odudua'(the mythical yoruba ancestors. 'P' for 'Peoples'(rifraffs actually). 'C' for 'Congress'(gathering of confused men).

OPC don't need defination. Just asked your fellow Igbo people in Lagos what happened to them in 1999, 2011 and 2004 and 2005. Dem no dare say "Lagos nah no Mass Land" again.
Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by bashr8: 12:37pm On Oct 31, 2012
ilugunboy:

My guy sharrapova your mouth dia! No be una dey clamor for Biafra? Since 1967 we never i hear another word.... na so so shout of Biafra every second.
stop jumping around like a monkey , its either you dont want them to go and stop complaining or you want them to go then support them . insults wont get you anywhere.
Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by eduson55(m): 12:38pm On Oct 31, 2012
BOI,STOP ASKING ME IRRELEVANT QUESTIONS THO THEY ARE RELEVANT.

this issue will never come up if not for the corrupt
government and the bad treatment of igboS.

for me,I LOVE NIGERIA WITH EVERYTHING IN ME.I WANT US TO REMAIN ONE BUT
ONLY IF THERE WILL BE A CHANGE IN OUR POLITICAL SYSTEM WHICH CANT BE ACHIEVED ONLY BY IGBOS.
IF YOU THE YORUBAS AND SOME REASONABLE HAUSA'S CAN JOIN HANDS WITH IGBO'S IN THIS KIND OF PEACEFUL
PROTEST,
I TELL YOU A CHANGE WILL COME QUICKLY..
BUT IT SEEMS LIKE ONE MAN GAME LEAVING IT FOR IGBOS ALONE..SO WHAT DO YOU EXPECT(TO YOUR TENT OH ISRAEL)?
kayjegs:

I will ask you these question: In your heart of hearts,what do you think of this Biafra movement? What have you contributed to seeing this acheived? I mean have you talked with friends like you? Have you enlightened people on why there must be Biafra? Do you really understand what it takes to get it done? How much has been spent on this dream? Before you say, 'Why spending?'..for any movement to be successful, there must be some regular and serious funding from Individuals, Organizations or even Sovereign States...Do you think Boko Haram will still exist if there were no regular funding of their activities? During the Civil rights movements in America in those days, don't you know it was funded by people who understood the dream, many organizations rose up, encouraged and sponsored many of those movements. Guy, there are many things that needs to be considered and taken into perspective. As for many of my Elite Igbo friends, they are not seeing it the way you are seeing it. I think I have made some points here.....
Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by Jaideyone(m): 12:38pm On Oct 31, 2012
Rotlfmao... These biafrog retar*ds don't cease to amaze me. See these clowns o? It's funny how they claim Lagos would be deserted if they leave. Enter any office in Lagos and u'll see that at least 60% of the employees are Yorubas. Lagos would only be deserted in your dreams. You donkeys should carry your bags and go. There are a lot of Yoruba graduates all over the south west that would take over your jobs once you leave.
Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by AjCityOne: 12:39pm On Oct 31, 2012
Mr. Globe:

I get irritated that whenever Lagos is mentioned, low lifes like you bring up yorobberland. Is lagos the only south west state.
opc can do nothing. nobody is afraid of opc.

Yes you are afraid,go ask your fellow Igbo people in the SW and dem go tell you say nah suicide comments you just made so.

1 Like

Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by sunnyp1(m): 12:39pm On Oct 31, 2012
Ji_sun_pack: These biafrogs are really really confused. Lagos? ? why not aba or nnewi?

I think OPC should make a public statement, cos we won't allow these biafrogs to be causing nuisance in south west.
who is sticking opc, my friend u better remain silence. sad
Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by bashr8: 12:40pm On Oct 31, 2012
Jaidey-one:
Rotlfmao... These biafrog retar*ds don't cease to amaze me. See these clowns o? It's funny how they claim Lagos would be deserted if they leave. Enter any office in Lagos and u'll see that at least 60% of the employees are Yorubas. Lagos would only be deserted in your dreams. You donkeys should carry your bags and go. There are a lot of Yoruba graduates all over the south west that would take over your jobs once you leave.
then why it making you mad. you should be having that they are planning to leave.
Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by adultiph: 12:41pm On Oct 31, 2012
geeez:

The Niger Deltans have consistently denied being Igbo or Biafra in any way. Everyone's wiser now. You can take them hostage any longer
You always like to spill trash frm ur mouth.Who told you that we are holding any body hostage.We are only interested in our Igbo brothers in Delta,Edo,Akwa ibom and Rivers.But if other parts of Niger delta wants to join us,we will welcome them with open arms rather than living in a failed nation called Nigeria.If you check the Origin for the fight of Biafra freedom,you will find out that it started from Delta state (Delta Igbo).SS and SE is merely what FG use to divide us.IGBO is IGBO whether in FG SS or SE.Please shut your trap.If you also check the origin of Bight of Biafra,you will find out that Biafra is not all about IGBO.It includes all the Niger Deltans and IGBOs.But if other Niger Delta of non IGBO extraction refuse to join us.we don't have any problem with that as far as we have all our IGBO tribes with us.
Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by eduson55(m): 12:45pm On Oct 31, 2012
HOW OLD ARE YOU ?
Jaidey-one:
Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 31, 2012
bashr8: stop jumping around like a monkey , its either you dont want them to go and stop complaining or you want them to go then support them . insults wont get you anywhere.

Ediiot.........I've always pray for the day you off-springs of cannibals will get out of our ancestral land.
Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by Bolan123: 12:47pm On Oct 31, 2012
My warning to d yorubas is for them to stop opposing the Biafran course. We are ready to confront our enemies. If they join our enemies, we will not be sending our hit squad to Lagos headed by a Banjo but one headed by Ikechukwu. We will be more ruthless this time. We are ready to die for dis course. For all of u talking rubbish here let d Igbo man loose his business, dat is when u will knw how deadly he can be. What nigeria has succeeded in doing by allowing Igbos loose their properties and loved ones in the north is to create a human with deadly mindset waiting to explode and ready to die. If Nigeria is making living hard for us, we are more than ready to make living hard for them.
Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by bucho(m): 12:50pm On Oct 31, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:
I made a post earlier on here https://www.nairaland.com/912769/biafra-independence/1#12298396 about this same issue . The only way this BZM guys can make progress is by following some if not all of the steps below

@chippychappy,
You just said it all.Quite a number of posters here are myopic and ethnocentric in their presentations.And that makes me wonder the standard of education we get these days.
I believe that the ibos are well aware of the necessary steps to be taken to actualize their biafran dream.However,I'm of the opinion that the people that matter(the stakeholders in iboland) that will make it happen are very much reluctant to take the steps, majorly because of their interests in terms of investments beyond the boundaries of the biafran colony.And it will take more than mere protests to get these guys to sign on.The ibos are very resilient set of beings(quoting a Yoruba professor).No ethnic group in
Nigeria would suffer as much as the ibos did during the civil war and still have a hold on the Nigerian economy the way they do today.There's hardly any sector in the country today that is devoid of the ibo man's ingenuity and craftiness.That having been said,the way the Nigerian state is going currently,I'm certain the sovereignity of biafran state will be achieved someday.But the big question is WHEN.
Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by OkwaIfugo(m): 12:52pm On Oct 31, 2012
pls any pics?
i smell another tribal war.
Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by nduchucks: 1:00pm On Oct 31, 2012
Let me remind those of you who are getting twisted out of shape because of this peaceful protest that the protesters have a constitutional right to do so.

Your leaders continue to loot and r ape you daily but you are yet to protest in any meaningful manner. I submit to you that these protesters have more convictions than you critics can ever muster.

In the meantime the protesters who criminally displayed the biafra flag must be arrested and locked up ASAP.
Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by bashr8: 1:00pm On Oct 31, 2012
ilugunboy:

Ediiot.........I've always pray for the day you off-springs of cannibals will get out of our ancestral land.
A yoruba man that still pratice cannibalism openly calling someone else cannibal , wonder shall never end, soon you will have only your mothers and brothers to use for ritualism and cannibalism like you have been doing throughout this year
Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 31, 2012
Bolan123: My warning to d yorubas is for them to stop opposing the Biafran course. We are ready to confront our enemies. If they join our enemies, we will not be sending our hit squad to Lagos headed by a Banjo but one headed by Ikechukwu. We will be more ruthless this time. We are ready to die for dis course. For all of u talking rubbish here let d Igbo man loose his business, dat is when u will knw how deadly he can be. What nigeria has succeeded in doing by allowing Igbos loose their properties and loved ones in the north is to create a human with deadly mindset waiting to explode and ready to die. If Nigeria is making living hard for us, we are more than ready to make living hard for them.

The classic Ibo Chest-beating on display! grin grin
Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 31, 2012
bashr8: A yoruba man that still pratice cannibalism openly calling someone else cannibal , wonder shall never end, soon you will have only your mothers and brothers to use for ritualism and cannibalism like you have been doing throughout this year

My guy....just go, calling you offspring of a cannibal aren't new what is new is tagging someone else with your well-know title.! grin grin
Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by eduson55(m): 1:12pm On Oct 31, 2012
Assume you're in a burning house and only have one chance to pick one thing from the house....

1. your 2months old baby
2. $1,000,000 cash
3. your degree certificate
4. your mother
5. your spouse
6. your bible

Q, who/what would you pick ?
Re: Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty by Vince2(m): 1:14pm On Oct 31, 2012
[quote author=Ji_sun_pack]These biafrogs are really really confused. Lagos? ? why not aba or nnewi?

I think OPC should make a public statement, cos we won't allow these biafrogs to be causing nuisance in south west.

U re a fool nd stupid for posting such tribalistic and callous comment. Better save Ur money if u have nothing useful to say.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

"Oladipupo Olorunrinu Orders His Security To Beat Helpless Man" - Facebook User / Economic Growth Under Jonathan Was Fake – Olu Ajakaiye, World Bank Consultant / Tunde Bakare, Adeosun Meeting With Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.